• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Convince me not to try weed.

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
I've been on /weed/ at 420chan a lot lately. Even before going there and browsing, I've been more and more inclined to try weed lately than I have ever been in my entire life.

Without bringing up the legality of weed, try and convince me not to try weed.

(SSC is more than welcome in this thread to push me in the right direction with reasons to just go for it)

You won't get high your first time in all likelihood, so you'll have to smoke it a couple times before you feel the effects fully. Are you ready for that sort of commitment?

Weed causes weight gain through munchies. And crazy dreams. And a good mood in general. It also causes you to be able to focus on one thing really well, and unable to focus on multiple things at once.

Wait, why do you want people to convince you not to?

Weed causes weight gain through munchies. And crazy dreams. And a good mood in general. It also causes you to be able to focus on one thing really well, and unable to focus on multiple things at once.

Wait, why do you want people to convince you not to?

I can't think of a reason not to try it - I'm not that educated on marijuana, and I figure if someone can give me a good reason, I wouldn't have to risk being caught and going through one of Florida's psychopath anti-marijuana laws.

A year in prison and a $1k fine for less than 21g of marijuana? Shiiiiit.

Vaporizers are great if you can afford one.

Most of the people I've heard using them have a perscription for medical marijuana and can't smoke a joint because of their ailment.

In theory, vaporizers are amazing. No real side effects from getting high. Incredible.

Yes, but if you're going to spring for a vaporizer you better smoke a lot of weed to make proper use of it since it's so expensive. I don't smoke all that much weed, so I wouldn't buy one. Hell, I never even buy my own bag.

I've avoided it for all these years because I'm too timid to initiate what I imagine would be the awkard topic of acquiring some. I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe with that creep down the block or my funny uncle? Decisions decisions.

I can't think of a reason not to try it - I'm not that educated on marijuana, and I figure if someone can give me a good reason, I wouldn't have to risk being caught and going through one of Florida's psychopath anti-marijuana laws.

A year in prison and a $1k fine for less than 21g of marijuana? Shiiiiit.

Are you sure it isn't more than 21 grams? In any case, if you were looking for a reason, that's as good as any, the fact that the penalties are stiff. It's decriminalized in Boston, so I don't have much of anything to worry about unless I get caught smoking in a dorm.

Still, generally if you're just smoking a little weed and you're in the privacy of your own home it's unlikely you'll get caught. If you live in a dorm, there's a lot of stuff you can do to avoid being caught by RA's. Put a towel under your door, crack open a window and turn on a fan or two, and put something over your smoke detector, but make sure to take it down after your done because covering a smoke detector is an even bigger offense than smoking weed.

I've avoided it for all these years because I'm too timid to initiate what I imagine would be the awkard topic of acquiring some. I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe with that creep down the block or my funny uncle? Decisions decisions.

I always thought those sketchy looking dudes standing on the street corners who LOOK like they're selling weed are actually cops on a sting or something. Therefore, I'm too much of a pussy to even ask anyone about where to get weed.

In DARE they taught us that if you left your left pant leg rolled up it meant you were selling drugs, and if you left your right pant leg rolled up it means you're buying drugs. So just go to a sketchy neighborhood and walk around with your right pant leg rolled up.

Or was it the other way around...

Are you sure it isn't more than 21 grams? In any case, if you were looking for a reason, that's as good as any, the fact that the penalties are stiff. It's decriminalized in Boston, so I don't have much of anything to worry about unless I get caught smoking in a dorm.

Still, generally if you're just smoking a little weed and you're in the privacy of your own home it's unlikely you'll get caught. If you live in a dorm, there's a lot of stuff you can do to avoid being caught by RA's. Put a towel under your door, crack open a window and turn on a fan or two, and put something over your smoke detector, but make sure to take it down after your done because covering a smoke detector is an even bigger offense than smoking weed.

You see, the penalties are stiff, but I think it's easy enough not to get caught. And I think the $1k and year prison sentence are the absolute maximum penalty. I'm pretty sure you just get arrested and booked with absolute bare MINIMUM bail and a court hearing where they make you do community service or something.

I just don't want to ask the wrong person and have it be a cop or something.

It smells nasty, it tastes nasty, and I never cared for the effect of it when I tried it. Those were reasons enough for me to not get into it. That and I watched my friends just lay around and do nothing. No motivation for anything besides a bag of cheetos or a pack of twinkies. Meh. Not for me, but to each his own I guess.

Don't ask random people that you think sell weed to sell you weed, that's how you either 1) get ripped off, 2) get in trouble, C) wind up with one of those stories that is awesome to tell people but is absolutely terrifying as it's happening to you.

You don't have any friends that smoke weed? Or any friends of friends who smoke weed? Or even like a dude you talk to in class but nowhere else that smokes weed? Ask them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back