• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cody Rhodes Is The New Intercontinental Champion - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

I personally have enjoyed Cody's transformation thus far, and he is deserving of the IC title.

Personally though, Cody himself cannot restore this title to its rightful place. In order for this title to be relevant again, the WWE has to put more in to it. There needs to be good storylines built around the title, and more importantly there has to be great wrestling matches. If you have those two ingredients you can rebuild prestige for any title. There are few wrestlers that can build a title just off of name alone. The last IC champ who could do that was Chris Jericho, but even then he was having great matches and feuds.

Cody Rhodes could potentially help the IC title, but the rest of the middle card need to step their games up. If they put on high quality matches on a consistent basis, the title will begin to mean something. I am cautiously optimistic because I thought Wade Barrett was a good choice to be Champ but he lost steam quickly too.

Good job for Cody. I think he should be IC Champ before WHC, because he may end up being a mid carder for life if he wins the WHC first then drops it. Good for Cody. His first singles title.

It was the right move to give him the title... but that, in and of itself means very little. The real question is whether or not Cody will represent that title the way Ziggler has been representing the US heavyweight title. Cody Rhodes now needs to take on all comers, get some legit feuds going, and have some classic title defenses, otherwise WTF cares that he's champion?

Drudge up every ex-title holder you can find, and have Cody beat them, have him feud, title for title with Ziggler, and have them draw. Do it like Angle vs Jericho, vs Benoit, when Angle had to put up both his titles at once. Have the first fall between Cody & Ziggler go for the IC title and have Cody win, then have Ziggler win the second fall to hold on to his US title. I don't care too much how it goes down, but these guys need to be put over big time and they need to stay over for a while now.

Cody is the guy that said "Every time you lose, you make the title look bad." And he's absolutely right, now that he has the title, he had better hold on to it.

Personally I would've liked it if they let Zeke hold on to the strap for a while longer. Making him lose to someone like Cody makes him look really weak, but at least it wasnt a clean win. I see Cody as a transitional champion until him and Ted feud and Ted wins the title.

Well I guess I'm happy that Cody has finally won a singles title, but the IC title means nothing and hasn't done for a while. Maybe Cody could help make the IC title relevant again but then again WWE screwed up with Barrett holding the title so I wouldn't count on it. He does deserve a title though and has been deserving a title reign for a while now. He's good in the ring and pretty good on the mic (maybe needs to improve a little), he also has a pretty good gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back