WWE Vengeance 2011 - Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

I think Rhodes will benefit a ton more then Orton in this match. I can see a really competitive match going back and forth then as Orton goes for the RKO Cody counters it into Cross Rhodes and gets a well deserved victory over a main event caliber superstar so in my prediction I predict the winner being Cody Rhodes.

:banghead:i see Cody Rhodes as one of the top stars in about 1 to 2 years , he can be just where Randy Orton at in the industry i don't know how long he gonna keep the gimmick up but he's working it very good at the moment. As for this match i think it might end up in a double DQ and this rivalry will continues to survivor series and maybe even continue.

Here we go. The match I hve the most interest in coming into the PPV. Why? Because WWE actually remembered their own history from 18 months ago. Why does it seem they only do so with Orton?(See Punk, CM). I was glad when Rhodes brought up the Legacy history on Smackdown, it was a very nice touch. That should be the real reason they're feuding anyway.

I like the intrigue heading into this match. Will #2 star Randy Orton truly lose 3 PPV matches in a row? He put over Henry twice, will he now put over Rhodes? I believe so, but not cleanly like he did with Henry. I honestly believe that Orton can't lose three straight PPV matches clean, it would hurt his credibility some, as well as his mystique somewhat. Regardless, Im glad to see this match added to the PPV. Two great workers who know each other generally equals a
great match, and I expect no less from these two.

Cody is on the rise. Losing to Orton would squash much of his momentum. In the majority of matches, Ive picked heels to go over, which means a face needs to win a big match to make the crowd haooy somewhat. However, I can't see a man who's looking to step up to at least the #3 heel(possibly #2 just behind Henry). In order for him to do so, he needs to bear Orton. I know it's repetitive, but I could see a mask shot to Orton followed by CrossRhodes to end this. They had a similar match on Raw a month ago, but who cares? If it works nd gets Rhodes over, then it works for me.

I expect this to be a feud that lasts several months. Rhodes picking up the first win as a heel should be what happens to prolong the feud, as well as continue his elevation. This continues in a traditional Survivor Series match, and ends in an Orton win in a gimmick match at TLC. But for the first chapter, Rhodes wins this dirty.

LSN Prediction: Cody Rhodes defeats Randy Orton by pinfall

Doesn't matter who wins; the effect will be the same. The match will be great and it's one of those where even the loser kind of goes over in a way. I mean, just competing with Orton on PPV is enough to give you credibility. Still I hope that however it goes down, it goes down unclean because I don't want to see either guy lose to the other. I wish the title was on the line because it's sort of implied that Orton's above competing for it.

Youre my boy Paragon, but I completely disagree. How can Cody be elevated by hanging with Orton? Most guys who step in the ring hang with Orton, but who has truly been elevated. Mark Henry. Why? Because he beat him clean two PPV's in a row.

What the title not being on the line says this: The personal nature of the feud is more important then the title. We've seen this before. An incredibly red-hot CM Punk steps out of the title picture PPV's after winning it and retaining it. Did he get his rematch vs Del Rio? Not for another PPV, as his personal feud with HHH was deemed more important.

Rhodes losing also kills this feud, and it's a hot one. The Legacy part mkes it all the more personal, which means it needs to last more then one show. Cody needs to win for that to happen. As I said before- dont expect Cody to win clean and hand Orton his third clean match on PPV in a row. Winning dirty is perfectly acceptable here, and what I expect myself. Im an Orton fan, but Rhodes needs the win here. Orton? Not so much.

Really wanted Rhodes to win this, even if it was a cheap tainted finish.
Or, if he really needed to lose, I was at least hoping for some kind of post-match attack.

Well, let's see what the WWE has in the bag for him.

I dont know if all this talk about bring prestige back to the IC title but wouldn't have this been the perfect way to do it, give Orton the title have a ortan/rhoades feud then maybe bring in shemus after that bring back christian v orton.

so I am the only one that like when the IC title MEANT something and wasnt just the US belt for smack down because that is what it is now.

I am hoping this feud can continue, at least, until TLC. I would love to see Orton vs. Rhodes in a TLC Match for the IC Title. It can be an excuse for Orton so he can beat the crap out of Rhodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back