• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk

Fratelli

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok so i was watching wrestlemania and raw this week and cm punk has started to get some boos from the crowds. now maybe before wm25 he was getting boo'ed but i never noticed.

ive also noticed some people in the iwc turn on him in various threads.

now punk clearly has waaayyyy more lovers than haters i know that but what i want to know is for those who dont like him, why?

the man can deliver in the ring. he can cut a half decent promo. his gimmick is still intresting and there is some things they can do with that if he goes heel etc... and even though he won mitb thats no guarentee he will win the title, hes the 1st man to win it twice, which could also lead to the 1st unsuccesful cash in.

maybe its just another one of those fads when the iwc turn on someone 'coz its cool to boo the good guy and cheer the bad guy'

im just sayin :p

I think it is that he won and Christian was so close. Also, he won it last year (MITB) and won it again, most of us want to see someone new to win this year. Also, people just start booing guys when they have been faces for a long time. I hope he turns heel, it would be great since he is straight edge, he would rub it in the publics face. I think he is better as a heel too.

As a wrestler Punk is decent.
But as a personality, he bores the shit out of me. He has no personality.
His gimmick should be I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont do drugs, and I dont and I never will draw money.
There are a very few people who can entertain if they dont have mic skills.
The main one that comes to mind is Chris Benoit.
Punk you are no Benoit brother.

Maybe as a heel he would entertain me, because he sure as shit doesnt now.

At Wrestlemania we all boo'd him because we wanted MVP or Christian to win. You can notice the cheers both men get when they are near the briefcase. We boo'd Punk mainly because he isn't MVP or Christian. I have no problem with him winning it back to back. It seems as if last year he was just a last second replacement, but this year they seem to maybe have a plan for him, even if it is just for him to be the first guy to lose the title match.

So pretty much the reason I and the people around me boo'd him was because he wasn't the guy we wanted to win. I am still a CM Punk fan, but I am a bigger Christian fan so that is who I cheered for in the match.

I wanted Christian to win and was not happy at all when Punk won. He's good but he shouldn't have won 2 years in a row. He's not THAT good and I hope he either loses the case to someone in a match or loses his title match altogether. I don't wanna see another lackluster garbage transitional championship reign from CM Punk.

i think people are tired of punk always being pushed. we need new superstars to get a tittle run nd to come out on top at wm. i think for punk its time for a heel change

I don't mind punk but i just don't see him as main event quality! I can't really say why as it's just a gut-feeling but I would have prefered to see mvp win it as i see him as a future wwe champion. Keep him with the briefcase for a year so he can get even better than he already is and then have him cash it in at WrestleMania XXVI to win it.

I love Punk he is my hometown guy but I want heel Punk. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and that means I am better than you! I would love to see him as the bad guy, the evil rocker, he just has the look of a great heel atleast in my mind. But, this Punk is not my type of thing, hes boring, hes predictable, and the only thing he had going for him was dating Maria. :icon_biggrin: That is why I wanted a Christian MITB, but seeing as Vince doesn't like him I'm thinking it may never happen. The problem with a punk back-to-back is that this match is there to push someone to the top, and why would Punk deserve another shot, he had one it went stale, he doesn't deserve another.

CM Punk gets boo'd because people who think they are smart to thhe business think its cool to boo babyfaces who are getting a push. I remember when the smarts had a raging boner for CM Punk and once he gets pushed they turn on him, sometimes it seems that they dont know what they want and just boo everything regardless.

Personally, i think CM Punk is decent. Sure i would prefer him as a heel but i understnad why WWE is keeping him as a face, his character serves as a good role model to kids.

I honestly don't get the hate, I still think the guy is one of the most interesting on the roster. I remember like 2 matches with jericho(who is my other fav on the WWE roster) last year and they put on a hell of a show both times.

I'd love to see Punk V the main event players like HBK, Edge, Hardy, Cena, etc etc...those could be some fresh matches that bring something new the WWE.

boring...I disagree but then again I wait every week on Raw to see him, Y2J, and Orton...once this is done I'm content.

the man can deliver in the ring. he can cut a half decent promo. his gimmick is still intresting and there is some things they can do with that if he goes heel etc... and even though he won mitb thats no guarentee he will win the title, hes the 1st man to win it twice, which could also lead to the 1st unsuccesful cash in.

How is he delivering in the ring? His matches are boring, he sucks on the mic, and he has no personality.

I personally think CM Punk would be a phenomenal heal in the WWE. His gimmick of "I dont smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs" could easlily be switched to "I'm better than you and all I do is win"(IC belt, WHC belt, MITB X2, Tag Titles, not to mention 2.d in KOTR all within a 18 months) I think he could have a great program with a top face in the WWE (Cena, HHH) but I really think he could have a fantastic program with Shawn Michaels.

Punk/HBK feuding over the WHC belt would be something new and refreshing and could really push CM Punk to elite WWE performer status.

First, to all you CM Punk HATERS out there. HOW DARE YOU. Can't entertain? Look at ANY Punk vs. Regal match, or ANY vs. Jericho, or how about ANY vs. well ANYONE. CM Punk CLEARLY has technique. He CLEARLY has ring awareness. Not to mention the guy has ALREADY proven all of you HATERS wrong by all of his achievements. So on that note, suck it dry.

Can't cut a decent promo? That's odd. I remember when they gave him the strap, he did SO well on getting over in his promos Vince thought it would be a good idea to test his improvising by adding fake glitches to see how Punk would play it off. If I remember right, HE DID. So on that note, SHUT IT FOOLS.

Can't draw money? How would you know? Are you the WWE's accountant? Do you PERSONALLY ask Vince how much money Punk draws right before asking him when Jericho will grow some pant legs back??? If I remember correctly when Punk was champion, RATINGS WENT UP. MONEY WENT UP. Funny how that happens, and yet, Punk can't draw. Whatever, keep hating a man that has the IT factor you don't have.

As for those who boo'ed him at MITB. I agree I was hoping MVP would get the rub this time around (lord knows I wanted Christian to win it, but let's face it Vince holds grudges for awhile). Now, obviously, you can tell I'm not Punk HATER. I just would have liked to have seen MVP win it this year because Punk already had the main event push last year from MITB and it seemed like MVP was the most deserving to be promoted. He finally turned face, and had been pulling steam with his winning streak. Now, it's back to the drawing board. Oh well, I can dig Punk pulling another 'Orton wins at Backlash then Punk cashes it in to get revenge on Orton' ... It's only fitting they strap Orton and Punk steals his spotlight, puts closure on the scramble/punt fiasco.

How is he delivering in the ring? His matches are boring, he sucks on the mic, and he has no personality.

And how did you come to realize this?
MAybe I'm watching a different CM Punk, because I find his matches exciting, he has tons of personality and he's ood on the mic. Did you see his promo with Ricky Ortiz on ECW? I was laughing my arse off.

ok so i was watching wrestlemania and raw this week and cm punk has started to get some boos from the crowds. now maybe before wm25 he was getting boo'ed but i never noticed.

ive also noticed some people in the iwc turn on him in various threads.

now punk clearly has waaayyyy more lovers than haters i know that but what i want to know is for those who dont like him, why?

It's like I sensed a thread calling out for me.. it said TheOneBigWill, save us.. you're our only hope. So here I am, ready to explain wholeheartedly why I loathe Indy Punk.

the man can deliver in the ring.

It's true, he can. Yet rarely does.

Again, He honestly can.. against Mid-carders, but I've yet to see one solid match against a Main Eventer. He had a couple victories, all over J.B.L. He did have a half way decent match against Batista, but he never defeated him, or any of the other Main Eventers.

And before anyone jumps on with that whole "Creative this, Creative that".. save it and shove it. The fact is, if Punk was ever believable as a Heavyweight a year ago.. they would've at least remotely tried putting him over someone other than J.B.L.. like Kane, even.

he can cut a half decent promo.

I haven't YET seen this happen. He hasn't honestly cut any promos, and the very few he has.. haven't stood out worth a damn.

This is another one of those mysteries I'm waiting on. People always said he was amazing in the Indies when cutting promos. I've yet to see it. And this isn't the small pond, this is the big ocean. So whatever great promo(s) he cut there.. doesn't seem to be measuring up if his current are of the same caliber.

his gimmick is still intresting

It's honestly not. He's playing a unique role in more or less a guy who's trying to be Innocent. But how far is that going to get him? Doink played a unique role too, that of a Clown. Was he ever considered for a Heavyweight title? Fuck, we once had a former Hockey player in the Goon. A former Trash Man in Duke "The Dumpster". And a former Gladiator, in Faarooq Asad. All of those gimmicks were similar to Punk's. They were all unique and one of a kind.

But sometime's unique, doesn't cut it.

Granted, with the exception of Faarooq, give Punk more credit than the others. However the point I'm getting at is.. his gimmick, while unique, is nothing unlike anyone else. Why should it be considered anything different, cause it's real? So?

He doesn't drink. Doesn't smoke. Doesn't do drugs. He's the anti-Austin, and he's receiving the reverse of what Austin received.. boos.

and there is some things they can do with that if he goes heel etc...

I've been waiting on this as well. But this ties in with the above gimmick issue. He's "Straight Edge" and with the new PG policy, it's doubtful a heel turn for a guy who could honestly be a shoe-in for poster child.. would turn heel.

Besides all that.. what would be the heel side of Punk's gimmick? A cocky and arrogant attitude about how because he doesn't tarnish his body, that makes him better than everyone else? Yeah.. he doesn't have half as many fans as you think he does. And if he suddenly feels like playing off literally or remotely being "better", he won't have any fans.. period.

and even though he won mitb thats no guarentee he will win the title

Let's hope not. I think arguably the best thing that could happen for C.M Punk right now, is 1 of 3 routes.

1. Cashing in on the E.C.W Champion, Jack Swagger, to make history by being the only person to cash in on that title. (ie. A title Punk CAN be right for)

2. Being built better this time around, defeating Heavyweights, and getting a REAL shot at being Heavyweight Champion. This is something I'd be interested in.. because I WANT to see him succeed, believe it or not. I just can't stand seeing him handed every little fucking thing, when he's done nothing to deserve it.

3. Make history by losing after Cashing in. This option could either help, or hurt him. It's a coin flip, to be honest.

It could help, because realistically he isn't near enough in the leagues of Triple H., or John Cena. So losing to either, yet putting on a great match with them could seriously help him.

However, cashing in and losing.. would only (likely) make everyone who already believes he's a failure.. just add one more reason why.. to that list.

Alternative 4th Option: Randy Orton could very well become Champion at Backlash, by doing something as simple as pinning Shane McMahon. If this happens, I see NO reason why C.M. Punk shouldn't instantly cash in.. and win the title off Orton. (albeit, that'd be a somewhat heel way to do it, since Orton would've just had a match.. so the fans might very well boo him instead of cheer him)

hes the 1st man to win it twice

Wrong. He's the 1st man to win it back-to-back, at Wrestlemania.

Edge was the first man to technically win the Money in the Bank case, twice. The 2nd time may of come out of a single's match.. but it still counted as a win. (especially since he cashed in twice, and won twice.)

which could also lead to the 1st unsuccesful cash in.

Again.. unless they push him better than they did last year, let's hope so.

maybe its just another one of those fads when the iwc turn on someone 'coz its cool to boo the good guy and cheer the bad guy'

No, no.. I'm almost definitely sure I just loathe Indy Punk all together. Hold on though, let me double check. *checking* Yep, it's not a fad.. I really dislike him in the Main Event scene.

im just sayin :p

Likewise.

Ive Personally never found CM Punk Very Entertaining. Everytime he's on he bores the shit outta me. I also Drink, Smoke & Do Drugs So Maybe Thats Why I Don't Connect with him Lol

CM Punk is getting super popular - since jumping into the WWE scene in 2006 - he's got himself well over with the crowd and backstage - enough to make him the fastest triple crown winner - and a 2 time MITB winner. Indeed its clear that the WWE depends on the likes of him to lead the future of wrestling. But dear lord they should of done it alot slower - start him off as an IC champ - and than a ECW champ and so on - it made me sick for alot of other talent backstage who been working their asses off for the spotlight. CM Punk is alot of fun in the ring - he's fast and I think he'd be capable of showing some high flying moves if need be - but dear lord again - Im not ready for CM Punk to have another world title run - I pray that he looses the suitcase to someone who could use the push - new blood going for the world titles - someone like Christian - Matt Hardy - or hell I'd love to see Jericho with the belt again! perfer those who haven't held a major title though - most definitely.

I pray that he looses the suitcase to someone who could use the push - new blood going for the world titles - someone like Christian - Matt Hardy - or hell I'd love to see Jericho with the belt again! perfer those who haven't held a major title though - most definitely.

You love being contradicting, don't you? You begin by saying you hope they'd hand off the case to some type of new blood.. then you finish with hoping it's Christian or Jericho. :wtf:

You do realize neither of them are exactly new. And both have been Heavyweight Champions. (at some point, within their careers)

Matt Hardy is about the only logical choice out of the trio you named off, and he's no where near close. Hardy has been in the Company long enough to have been a thought and then passed over for not producing enough ratings when they tried him out in times past.

As much as I hate to say this, C.M. Punk is the logical choice if they wish to expand into the future with someone new. Does that make it right for him to have won all over again this year? No, not theoretically. But yes, because he's at least been there. Failed.. but been there.

I firmly want to watch Punk succeed. Mainly, because I don't want another year to pass.. then watch the likes of Shawn Michaels, followed by the Undertaker and even Batista and sooner or later Triple H, all retire and leave the Company behind to a group of mid-carders who haven't been brought up properly.

Punk's major downfall was that he wasn't pushed to ever be taken seriously. That, combined with the fact that his smaller size and unique style of Wrestling just don't connect well to fully see him as a Main Eventer, so much as a mid-carder who is mainly there to electrify you and entertain you while waiting on the important matches of the night.

A lot about CM Punk bothers me...the straight edge stuff irritates the hell out of me...The man has a pepsi tattoo...that's just lame...I'm all about being proven before main event status which is why I'm a huge fan of edge and orton

A lot about CM Punk bothers me...

Well that's descriptive. Mind elaborating a bit more?

the straight edge stuff irritates the hell out of me...

Again, why? I mean, everyone has issues regarding it. A lot of people that are into drinking, smoking and drug abuse typically lean toward just holding a personal grudge against him for those reasons.

I like to believe that since I share a similar "Straight Edge" concept. (in that I don't do any of that stuff) that my loathing of him is purely because he's not nearly as talented as people want to attempt shoving down my throat.

The man has a pepsi tattoo...that's just lame...

And yet.. Kurt Angle has a tattoo of Taz, as in the Tasmanian devil, on his shoulder. And Edge has a big huge star. And Orton has a bunch of gouty, un-original skulls.

Lameness to the 10th degree! Oh, let's not forget Austin & H.B.K. having Texas tattoos on their legs. :disappointed: Geez, who'd wanna acknowledge that.

Honestly though.. it's the Cobra tattoo that I love the most about Punk.

I'm all about being proven before main event status which is why I'm a huge fan of edge and orton

*sigh* Really hate to do this..

Edge cashed in, on the same night that he had to get Disqualified against Ric Flair, in order to simply not win the Intercontinental title from Flair. Prior to this moment.. Edge had NO Main Event experience, with the minor exception of his U.K. match-up against Brock Lesnar.

On the flip side.. Randy Orton won a Battle Royal to become #1 contender, then went on to defeat Benoit and became Heavyweight Champion for a solid month.. until dropping it to Triple H. When the only previous real Main Event experience he had, was being Speared by Goldberg inside an Elimination Chamber.

Sadly.. Punk's first initial Heavyweight reign.. lasted longer than Orton & Edge's.. combined. :sad: I know, I know.

well I wasnt trying to contradict myself in any way - I was just noting that another Jericho title run sounds fitting - and as for Christian - yes he's held a world title in TNA!! not WWE - and as far as I know - that doesnt count in WWE does it?

and Matt Hardy - haha Im really just a fanboy and wanna see him at the top ha!

i like CM Punk but i think he makes a crap raw champion. maybe put him on smackdown and let him have some half descent matches against jeff, or edge for the WWE championship.

that or keep him mid card

Punk is the mid-card version of Cena

People are booing him because he keeps winning. Hes a freakin triple-crown champion -_-
well at least thats why i boo him :|

If he stayed mid-card and chalenged for the Intercontinental title or the Tag Titles, i wouldnt have a problem with him, and in my estimation, neither would the crowd.

i wasnt cheering for punk because i wasnt a fan of his 1st title reign it bored me shitless and i dont wanna see him hold it again maybe stay in mid card for abit longer punk i was cheering on kane (as he is my favourite wrestler lets be honest though he will never hold a world title again) and christian because i think he deserves a push ( but i have also read that vince is still annoyed at christian for defecting to TNA so it looks like christian could have to climb to the top again)

Lately, I've noticed CM Punk is starting to get some boos, mainly at Wrestlemania 25, where it really caught my attention. It's not a lot of boos, but it's still noticeable.

And also lately, the guy has been getting slaughtered by WWE internet fans on not only this board, but others as well.

The question is, why?

Personally, I just like to believe people are angry that he is not a ‘roid abuser who gets injured left and right, or doesn’t get high on pain pills before painting his face and jumping around like a clown having a seizure.

Seriously though, what is there to hate about CM Punk? I know some of you hate him just because of his fan base during his indy days, but I hope that’s just a short amount of you and that most people on this board are more open-minded then that (though I know a handful of you aren’t and will always hate the guy only because of his indy status, no matter what he does in WWE).

I understand those of you who don't like his in-ring style, because that’s just personal preference, but is that really a reason to down right HATE the guy like most on the internet do? Think about this... he debuted nearly three years ago, and still has yet to miss a show, or an appearance period for that matter. He doesn't get hurt and it's obvious he will never fail a drug test. He's BY FAR proven himself to be the most reliable wrestler in the company, and that’s why he’ll continue to get pushed. People who hate Cena still give the guy credit for loving the business and giving his life to it, but why doesn't CM Punk at least get that same amount of respect? He's just as, if not more, passionate as Cena, or anyone else in WWE, for the sport, but it seems to go under the radar because WWE doesn't do these little highlight videos of how much he loves the business, and no offense to anyone, but it seems like I’d say 75% of WWE fans don’t realize anything for themselves unless it’s flat out told to them by WWE. For example, Cena most likely wouldn't get the credit he deserves for his passion if it wasn't repeatedly told to us just how much he has for the sport, even though it's been obvious since his first title run.

For those of you who are not a fan of Punk's in-ring work... I say okay, that's fine. Though I personally believe he has proved himself as a good performer in his matches against the likes of Morrison, Jericho, Kane and others... I can still understand why you have yet to realize how good he is. Because let's face facts, hardly any of his matches go over five minutes (look at his feud with Regal for proof of that), and the guy has probably had five promos live, if that many. Honestly, the only 'long-term' feud he has had was against JBL (who a lot of good wrestlers have terrible matches/feuds with), Morrison (which was okay, but on the C show so it didn't get any respect) and Jericho (which was enjoyable at least). But three years in the company, and only three real feuds, which none of them lasted over a month.

So, my two points for all this are... A) If you hate Punk for whatever reason, you still have to at least give him the same amount of credit guys like Cena and HHH get for having passion for the business, and B) you cannot sit there and say we've seen the best Punk has to offer in WWE, because the fact is, there is a lot more he has yet to show us, and maybe someday WWE will give him the chance to prove it to you. Until then, I think most fans should keep an open mind about the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back