CM Punk was WRONG about Nash

Nash DID have a mind for the business in 1996 and his part in the nWo but fast forward 4 years and we're in the year 2000 and Nash pinned Booker for the belt in a pointless title switch, go back to years and Nash took Goldbergs undefeated streak (WTF???) Kevin might have had his hand in a lot of the good storylines in WCW, but he abused his power on more than two occasions that made no sense what so ever.

I like Kevin Nash but seriously Punk was spot on, what he said on RAW.

Ok Easy Tiger, it appears i misunderstood, do you mean draws in WCW or not? Cause if ya do then maybe its because they were all mid carders at the time and not big proven heavyweights and ex champions.

Saying he had "no mind for the business" was just Punk saying how Nash held down all the young talent because they couldn't hack it. We all found out how untrue that was when they (Radicalz) came over from WCW and went on to become huge stars and win world titles.

Anyone who says Kevin Nash is greedy is either a child or a fool who has never had a job. Being a wrestler in Nash's JOB. It's how he pays his mortgage, gets health care, and puts food on his family's table. He wrestles for the same reasons that everyone in the world goes to work in the morning. What the fuck is wrong with that? That's why he has a good mind for the business. He knows its a fucking business. This bullshit about not helping the companies he worked for is beyond stupid. The more money his company makes, the more money he makes. How come nobody ever accuses the janitor who wants overtime of being greedy? How come nobody says the fireman who asks for a raise is only in it for himself? Grow the fuck up. Nash has said on more than one occasion why he got into wrestling. After serving his country in the Army, he wanted a way to make more money for his family. What a fucking scumbag! Give me a break. He knew he had the size and look to make a lot of money doing something that he liked. So he did it. Grow the fuck up.

Saying Kevin Nash never did anything other than being in the NWO is like saying John Lennon never did anything after the Beatles broke up. THE MAN HELPED CHANGE PRO WRESTLING FOREVER! How the fuck do people shrug that off! Do you not remember how fucking huge the NWO was. ESPN was showing NFL players wearing NWO t-shirts under their pads during games. That's massive. CM Punk has literally not done 1% of what Nash has done for wrestling. Lets not forget that it was Nash and Hall that got wrestlers guerenteed money. Probably the most important thing that has ever happened to the wrestling business.

Of course he has a great mind for the business. He was the longest reigning WWE champ of the 90's. He was one of the biggest stars of the biggest boom in wrestling history. And he was in wrestling when CM Punk was in grade school. I love how people act like Kevin Nash in evil because Dean Malenko and Eddie Gurerro didn't get to be WCW world champions. Give me a fucking break.

Anyone who doesn't think Kevin Nash has a great mind for the wrestling business is a fool.

P.S. Slyfox pointed out something very important in his post. NONE OF US KNOW KEVIN NASH! Say what you want about his in ring character or abilities, but we don't know a fucking thing about the man personally. You can't say something is a "no good gready piece of shit" when you have never met them. Not only have you never met them, but you've never met anyone who know's them. And you've probably never gotten to know a single person who was ever in WCW, TNA, or the WWE. Don't talk shit about someone based on what you've read from other people talking shit.

You cant deny that Kevin Nash has a mind for business. This guy is the definition of playing your cards right and was able to emerge from a dying company as a legend. Its not greed, its getting the right paycheck. When you do something like become a key member of nWo and revolutionize the era you used to wrestle in you deserve to come out of it with a descent amount of money. Punk was trying to get heat, but if he actually believes what he said then hes a lunatic.

From a realistic point of view, I can't say that I disagree with the way Nash conducted himself. There's no doubt that Kevin Nash has always and will always be about putting Kevin Nash first. When it comes to pro wrestling, I honestly can't say that there's anything wrong with that. After all, if Nash didn't watch out for his own ass, then who was?

From the point of view of a fan, does it make Nash look like an opportunistic politician that used his clout to hold people back? Absolutely. Hell, it's probably the gospel truth. As a fan, it's only natural to feel pissed about that aspect of wrestling. It's also natural for some guys to feel bitter about it and they're justified to feel that way. But that's life. Some people are gonna get ahead and some aren't.

More than anything else, I think Punk's comments were geared towards some of the decisions and judgement calls that Nash made. Nash did call guys like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho vanilla midgets after all.

Punk ran around in circles during that back and forth conversation and you could see he blew Nash away to the point Nash couldn't think of any good comebacks.

Nash has always been about himself. Yeah he has a good mind for business. It's hard not to since he has been around so long, but that doesn't mean he still thought of others when it came to trying to push them or trying to make themselves look good.

Punk was spot on when he mentioned Nash's comments about Eddie being a vanilla midget. When Nash, Hall and Hogan were using their politics in WCW, they couldn't see talent that was clearly in front of them. Guerrero, Benoit and especially Jericho.

Nash still thinks it's a "Big Man's Company" in that if you are a regular looking guy, you will never succeed. All those guys who left, even Malenko, proved him wrong.

Luckily HHH doesn't have the same mindset or we wouldn't be seeing Sin Cara or Daniel Bryan in the WWE.

Say what you want about HHH, but I think his business side of the company has improved greatly. And I pray Nash doesn't put too much of his influence on who he thinks should be pushed and who shouldn't. If he did, Mason Ryan will get pushed to the moon

I normally don't reply to threads but had to post a thread on this one. CM Punk was on the money when he said NASH doesn't have a mind for this business. Kevin Nash, as many of us have pointed out, is a greedy son of a bitch. He, alongwith Sean Waltman, Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, and Flair...are like a cancer to the business of wrestling. These are guys that just never know when to quit. Their egos are the reason why WCW failed. And about a month ago when Punk said that Triple H is a doofus, well I kind of agreed with it. However, Triple H is not like Nash and Trips is a businessman unlike Nash, and while Nash will critique guys like Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, Punk and The Miz and other small wrestlers as "paper champions", Triple H is actually willing to take risks and chances on them as did Vince. Nash couldn't tell real talent even if it was scripted for him. But lets face it, Nash is in the WWE right now on a short-term basis and his usage is strictly scripted and a work and I strongly believe Nash in NO WAY as ANY booking power or any pull backstage like he has had in the past, regardless of Triple H being your bestfriend. Nash is NO Shawn Michaels....

I normally don't reply to threads but had to post a thread on this one. CM Punk was on the money when he said NASH doesn't have a mind for this business. Kevin Nash, as many of us have pointed out, is a greedy son of a bitch. He, alongwith Sean Waltman, Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, and Flair...are like a cancer to the business of wrestling. These are guys that just never know when to quit. Their egos are the reason why WCW failed. And about a month ago when Punk said that Triple H is a doofus, well I kind of agreed with it. However, Triple H is not like Nash and Trips is a businessman unlike Nash, and while Nash will critique guys like Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, Punk and The Miz and other small wrestlers as "paper champions", Triple H is actually willing to take risks and chances on them as did Vince. Nash couldn't tell real talent even if it was scripted for him. But lets face it, Nash is in the WWE right now on a short-term basis and his usage is strictly scripted and a work and I strongly believe Nash in NO WAY as ANY booking power or any pull backstage like he has had in the past, regardless of Triple H being your bestfriend. Nash is NO Shawn Michaels....

The doofus part was for storyline purposes. HHH knows when to put guys over when it's good for business, ala losing to Cena for the title way back when. Hell HHH lost to guys like Jeff Hardy and Chris Benoit. He knows when it's time to start pushing others into the spotlight.

Even when he was in WCW, many knew he was going to make something of himself. HHH always had a mind for business and showed a passion for it even at a young age. People are always going to rip on him for riding HBK's coattails, but I think that was the biggest thing he needed. HBK had an excellent mind for the industry and knew when to put others over. He taught Trips a lot.

HHH will be fine. Like Viper said, I hardly think they are going to give Nash any sort of booking power. The guys is in his 50s. He might wrestle one or two matches, but he won't have as much power as some here think.

I think most people who are out & out bashing Nash are being lead by complete blind ignorance. I'd guess that they've only read or heard one side of the story about Nash & have garnerd a ignorant & distorted opinion of the guy, just blindly jumped on the bandwagon because there favourite wrestlers etc said so. What makes their word so perfect? They're not superhuman, just normal human beings, who have exactly the same capabilty of making incorrect assumtions of people and situations no matter how nice & trustworthy they are. We're all the same.

Has Nash made some bad decisions & said some bad things? Yeah probably, who the hell doesn't? Does that mean he hasn't got a really good mind for the business? Does that mean he's a bad person? A terrible superstar?...Absolutely f'n not! Notice how almost all of the wrestling world stood up and took even more notice of this whole CM Punk storyline/situation when Nash appeared. Now with that In mind there is no way anyone can tell me that Nash is worthless, has no place on the roster, is not a draw, oh no! he's going to ruin the business again, he's old, yadda yadda yadda. Stop living off what happened in the past!

So what he's old, just cause he's old & a part of the main storyline, doesn't mean he's holding young guys down & waaah waaah waaah. He's an integral part to the intriuge, mystery & excitement of this story, when Nash turned up, like it or not, the heat on this whole this got turned up a notch. You honestly think if Kofi Kingston or Daniel Bryan did what Nash did at Summerslam that it would have created anywhere near the buzz it did? I think not! Nash has a truckload of stuff to offer whether you like it or not, you can flat out refuse to accept it, but Nash being involved is a good thing.

I think a small Punk v Nash fued will be awesome & entertaining, will make for pretty good TV imo, & only further enhance the bigger storyline, it's definately an interestling & important side path to the inevitable road of CM Punk vs Triple H, I hope so anyway.

Point is, Nash being involved just makes sense & Nash brings a lot to the table, he still has something to offer, regardless of some people's predjudice against older people having a place in wrestling. The younger guys, the up & commers will have their time, when they're ready! You can't just thrust someone to the top of the company just because they're young & are good in the ring, that's not good business. Their character needs time to grow & their experience in WWE needs time to mature. So in that respect Nash being their is not holding anyone down or taking anyone's spot because their time will come. Don't be impatient.

Like someone above mentioned, listen to a Nash shoot interview or any other interview, he seems like a cool guy, he is intelligent & does have a good mind for the business. You've got to remember that Nash was taught by many of the greats of the business when he was getting started & during the prime of his career, so if you're disrespecting Nash then you're disrespecting many of the greats of this business.

Remember when he was in TNA & was working with the X Dision guys, doing all those vignettes with them, getting them to put accross their personality, getting them over more? And he has nothing but bad things to offer? pffttt!

Nash being here is a good thing, plain & simple, it's an exciting time for the business, well for me it is at least, wrestling's getting interesting & cool again for me & Nash is a small & good part of it! So Nash haters should get over it, you're wrong in my opinion & I think I've stated my case, so if you want to challenge to the contrary then please do, but state a valid case.

And I'm a big fan of CM Punk & Kevin Nash, & many other superstars both old & young. I don't have to like one or the other, I'm not bound by childishness & immaturity of blindly taking sides, I'm just enjoying the show! I'm lovin this time in wrestling! yeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Hopefully if all goes well, at the end of this whole thing, CM Punk will come out of this whole storyline looking like gold & a bigger star than when he entered it, and Nash will have been a small & important part of it.

And if it doesn't work, well I'm sure Nash won't have buried anyone or held anyone down, so there'll be no harm done, so quit bitchin about it.

Making a lot of money, personally, and knowing how make money for an entire company are two different things.

Is Nash a wrestling genius? Is he the biggest fucking moron on the planet?

This may shock some people, being on a wrestling forum and all, but the answer is.... I don't know :shrug:

What do we really know about Kevin Nash? I'll admit, his reputation, among fans, is shit. Wrestlers who knew and worked with Nash have helped create that idea. Are they right? Are they jealous? Again, I don't know.

Do I trust Nash? No, not really. It's hard to trust a guy who so many people hate. Then again, I don't feel the need to buy into every piece of bullshit someone throws out there about the guy. Of course he stepped on some heads to get to where he wanted to be, that's usually how it works. This isn't a fucking non-profit organization, feeding children in Africa.

I know Nash booked WCW at one point, and during that time, it was shit. However, being a shit booker and not knowing a thing about wrestling are two very, very different things.

The only thing being proved in this thread is not that Nash lacks a mind for the business, but that Vince McMahon is the greatest mind the business has ever had. He took Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, CM Punk, and many others who most of the great minds couldn't think of anything for and made them very marketable assets.

Nash is very smart. A lot of the NWO ideas were his and Bischoffs. He didn't come into control of WCW booking until February, months after Goldberg lost so it wasn't his fault, but I am sure months of "Goldberg Sucks" chants and the huge pop Nash got when he won, went unnoticed.

People crap on Cena but Goldberg was just as limited and just as shoved down our throats as anyone.

Nash knows how to make money which is all that matters in wrestling. Vince just took peoples left overs and made them matter.

Nash has a very good mind for the business. Despite what people in the IWC may think, the wrestling business is not a noble business. It never has been and never will be. The wrestling business is a "what affects me" business. If you're not looking out for yourself, then no one else is either. The fact Nash has been so successful for so long is proof he has a mind for the business.

That pretty much sums it up right there, especially the last sentence.

As someone pointed out, Nash is perfect for this part in the Punk angle. Even if he decided to "go into business for himself", it wouldn't be him "burying" Punk or holding him back, it would simply show that Punk may not be the draw Nash is. It's not up to Nash to put Punk over, it is Nash giving Punk the opportunity to get himself over. Which. is NOT bad for business.

I see all the Nash Bashing going on because that is the new trend. CM punk Came out and talk about how Nash used 10 plus different names and played 10 different characters. In a world of entertainment that is called DIVERSITY. You can't blame Nash for doing what the business called for, Just like you can't blame Punk for using the same name in every company and having a different persona whenever it is called for, if the man is 1 dimensional then so be it. People are saying Nash doesn't know what is good for business,Nash thought having the old guys carry the show and having the new guys back them up was the way to go. Well lets see, Nash is now in the wwe and everyone is talking about him, interesting I wonder if all the Nash talk is good for business? CM punk did something similar and everyone was talking about him. I find it hard to believe that having people talking about your company on all forums is bad for business. Nash put over plenty of people in WCW and in TNA.
Nash know plenty about what is good for business, I get people are saying that he needs to put over the young talent, but if that is your case why are you rooting for Punk he isn't you compared to Ryder,Tyson Kidd, Usos, Barrett, have punk put these guys over.
Last and not least lets do a comparison Kevin Nash Cohort's Shawn Micheals ( HOF) Triple H ( COO) Xpac ( Futrue HOF) Hall ( Furture HoF) All names associated with Kevin Nash are Hall of fame quality and are house hold names. Cm punk cohorts ( second city saints) Cabana ( name now surfacing) Ace Steel ( same as cabana) the New Breed ( all let go) ECW originals ( all let go) Straight Edge society ( all let go) New Nexus ( status unknown) Nash brings people ( some that doesn't deserve it) to the top of the shows, and CM Punk uses his group to launch his career and lets them fall. So who is greedier?

WCW had more problems than just Nash being the booker by that time in its history. The company was heading in the wrong direction fast. It's not that guys like Nash and Bischoff didn't have minds for the business, it's that they didn't know how to keep their incredible momentum going for such a sustained period. Yea some of Nash's decisions probably didn't help much, but again it's not like that was the only reason.

Now for those complaining about Nash now, what the hell are you watching and listening to? Nash does not make decisions in WWE like he did in WCW...completely different atmosphere between the companies and between then and now. Nash is back because Vince and Co. thought it would be a good idea to incorporate him into this Punk storyline. I think it's going to play huge dividends because the idea of Punk vs The Kliq has most fans drooling. Nash likely isn't about the win the WWE title anytime soon...he's just back for what may well be his final run to put Punk over to make him an even bigger star than he already is.

we don't know kevin nash, we aren't backstage in WWE or TNA, blah blah blah, i'm so sick of that argument, no shit we don't know any of those people, so that makes your argument stronger? Obviously, no one knows any of these people, the point is to take whatever information you may have been given, either from what you've seen on TV, shoots, dirt sheets, whatever, and to formulate some kind of opinion you can discuss based on that. If you're really gonna throw out the "you don't know them so it doesn't matter" argument then the whole thing is a waste of time and why bother even starting these threads or keeping them open? And to use that argument and then make a counter point as if the same doesn't apply to you is ridiculous.

Anyways, on to the topic at hand, I think Nash had good sense of the business aspect of wrestling, he made a TON of money and has been in a top position in WCW, WWE, and TNA (somewhat). But when Punk said Nash didn't know what's good for business I THINK (YES I DON'T KNOW CM PUNK SO I'M MAKING AN ASSUMPTION JUST LIKE ANY OF YOU) he meant more so in the sense that Terry Funk knows what's good for business. Terry Funk was instrumental in getting guys over in ECW and he looked for talent in other wrestlers (yes, i don't know terry funk, shocking right? would you like me to cite where I am drawing this inference from? scenes from beyond the mat). Now, nothing I've read (oh wait, I've only read or not read this stuff, therefore my argument doesn't matter...)

Nash has a great mind for what's best for Nash. Punk was not too far off the mark at all. I lost all respect for Nash during the WCW days but I don't blame him for all of it. I blame the idiots who let the talent run the show. You can't have the inmates run the asylum.

CM Punk and Nash had a little shoot style interaction on Raw. Maybe it was scripted, maybe it wasn't. However, one of the things Punk said about Nash was that he didn't have a mind for the business. I think he was WAY off on that comment. I think Nash may have one of the best minds for the professional wrestling biz than probably 98% of all wrestlers ever. Nash has been at the top of WWF, WCW, TNA, and now in WWE. On top of that nearly impossible feat, he was a draw in WWF and WCW...a big one. Further, Nash knew how to make money. Period. He was getting paid ridiculous sums in WCW and then sat out for almost 2 years while his contract ran out. Appearantly now he has a legends deal that pays him to be on hand. If you watch shoots with Nash, he gets who draws money and knows its much more than what you do in the ring. All in all I think it was a great decision on WWE's part to book a guy that knows the biz and knows how to be a star with Punk.

Nash only has a great mind when it comes to his own business and putting himself over a lot of the time.

I'm not bashing him because he's always been a fave of mine but unfortunately it's true. He went into business for himself when he booked himself as the guy to end Goldberg's streak when that thing was one of the biggest money making angles in the business. That's just one example and there are probably a dozen more.

Funnily, most of them happened in WCW where he had free reign to do that and had to answer to 8 bosses instead of just one. Thing is though, it's funny how people talk about Nash going into business for himself and his buddies but Hall never became World champ and besides, has everybody forgotten when Flair and Dusty Rhodes would book themselves as the main guy in the company?

It was not a shoot.

Nash DOES have a mind for the business. He went into business for himself a few times, but listen to his shoots (his none drunk with X Pac shoots). The dude is really smart.

People, STOP with the WCW shit. When Ted merged with AOL, their corporate people tried their best to ruin the company. Constant instability will do that.

Nash has a great mind for the business, so does CM Punk. They do it in different ways. Yet also a lot of the same ways. They're both very story and character oriented as opposed to "do more moves".

People who are saying Nash doesn't belong in the storyline don't get the storyline. They just wanna see CM Punk win the title clean and win a bunch of defenses in "hard fought straight up wrestling matches" clean. They're stupid. The story is that CM Punk is fighting the man. If he has the title, his character isn't as over because he has already fucking won. Nash is perfect because he's a Kliq member, so there's credibility to that, he's more intimidating than X-Pac, he's more sober than Hall, and if you used HBK he'd be taking cheers away from Punk. Nash fits the story.

You hit the nail right on the head T dubs. So did slylock earlier. Unless you are a personal friend of the guy how do you really know somebody? All that crap is heresay. And like it or not I believe he really does have a mind for the business. Yes it's true he may have gone into business for himself on a couple of occasions, but correct me if I'm wrong but he is such a greedy bastard why would he agree to work with a YOUNG WRESTLER BY THE NAME OF SAMOA JOE IN TNA.

Who the hell knows? Only people that have worked with him can reply to that. As far, us as fans concern, we have the benefit of the doubt.

It can EASILY go either way. You can say the guy doesn't have mind for the business for not giving oppotunitys to shine (not being the number 1 guy in the company, just a shot to shine) to guys like Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Jericho who would be in WWE world champions and very appreciated by the fans (for the Benoit case it was until his tragedy).
On the other hand you could say that he is a genius because he was part of a stable that revolutionized the wrestling business, I'm talking of course of the nWo, and is now a legend etc.

Anyway, I do agree with Punk when he said to Nash (something like): "this isn't 1993, this is 2011!" I think that was a jab directly to his work in TNA and all the similarities to past WCW storylines.

It's totally true, people need to understand (everyone from fans, to bookers, to wrestlers) that times are changing, that the business is changing. While the professional wrestling business to some degree is cyclic, things change and we are clearly seeing it with characters that have much shades of grey. Anyway I'm getting outside of topic so...yeah :shrug:

Anyway, I do agree with Punk when he said to Nash (something like): "this isn't 1993, this is 2011!" I think that was a jab directly to his work in TNA and all the similarities to past WCW storylines
I totally understand what you're saying with your whole post, but with regards to the above which I've quoted, you could argue the fact that CM Punk is also doing nothing absolutely 100% original, and that he's basically re-hashing what stone cold did in '97. Nash could have easily said to Punk "This isn't 1997 this is 2011, stop doing what Stone Cold did". But does anyone complain about that? nooooooooo. I'm not saying you, but some folks need to stop bashing Nash just for the sake of it, with wrestling, everything has been done in the past, and the past being re-hashed is weirdly how the business moves forward all the time. At this point in time no-one is right or wrong, what Nash may have done in the past with WCW just isn't relevant anymore, his history with individuals such as Triple H is what is important to this storyline, get over it, Nash is good to go in this story & this period of time in wrestling, he has a place & a purpose, there should be nothing to bitch about with him anymore. Just enjoy it, alot of other people are. He's not going to ruin anything, he's only going to help make it better & you can't deny that. Well, you can, but you wouldn't be right. Not all what I said there is directed to the guy I quoted, I was just saying to folks(Nash Haters) in a general sense.

Anyway, I do agree with Punk when he said to Nash (something like): "this isn't 1993, this is 2011!" I think that was a jab directly to his work in TNA and all the similarities to past WCW storylines
I totally understand what you're saying with your whole post, but with regards to the above which I've quoted, you could argue the fact that CM Punk is also doing nothing absolutely 100% original, and that he's basically re-hashing what stone cold did in '97. Nash could have easily said to Punk "This isn't 1997 this is 2011, stop doing what Stone Cold did". But does anyone complain about that? nooooooooo. I'm not saying you, but some folks need to stop bashing Nash just for the sake of it, with wrestling, everything has been done in the past, and the past being re-hashed is weirdly how the business moves forward all the time. At this point in time no-one is right or wrong, what Nash may have done in the past with WCW just isn't relevant anymore, his history with individuals such as Triple H is what is important to this storyline, get over it, Nash is good to go in this story & this period of time in wrestling, he has a place & a purpose, there should be nothing to bitch about with him anymore. Just enjoy it, alot of other people are. He's not going to ruin anything, he's only going to help make it better & you can't deny that. Well, you can, but you wouldn't be right. Not all what I said there is directed to the guy I quoted, I was just saying to folks(Nash Haters) in a general sense.
Exactly, nothing is really original. I don't just mean in a pro wrestling sense, I mean in a storyline sense. People have been telling the same stories disguised under different makeup since we began telling stories.

Just because Austin was an "anti-hero" doesn't mean he still wasn't a hero. Punk fighting the man? Ever read Orson Wells? Hogan as the ultimate babyface? Ever read Beowulf?

Shit's not new, the storytelling is all the same, you just have to repackage it in a modern context.

Nash is was the lowest grossing champion, and sat atop of the World Wrestling Federation during its worse period, not only financially, but creatively as well.

Nash gets way to much credit for the nWo angle. The reason they angle took off was because it was superstars from the WWF invading WCW. It would probably be a safe bet to assume that no matter who the superstar was that followed Hall to WCW, it still would have gotten over. In my opinion Nash had nothing to do with the sucess of the angle. He just was there to reep the benefits.

I really find it hard to see where Nash did anything to benefit the buisness....ever. I can recall him doing an awfully lot of things to harm it, such as refusing to job quite often to names like the Giant, ( didnt he even fake a heart attack to get out of that?) and Goldberg, not to mention the countless names during his WWF run.

I just don't see how an old, irrelevant Nash, can do anything positve for the WWE at this time. He never did anything postive for buisness when he was young and some what relevant, what would change that nearly 15 years later?

I know the writers for this website celebrate Nash ( mainly JUSTIN LABAR) but please, someone tell me how I'm wrong? What has Nash done that has had a postive result in the wrestling buisness.

Please point to me the drawing those guys did. Show me where ratings and business significantly improved during their title reigns and main-eventing careers. Please point me to your evidence these guys were great draws to the type of fans WCW promoted to.

I eagerly await your failure.

You're on point, but I have a few things to say about the drawing power of Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho.

Nash was a huge draw when he left the WWF thanks to the WWF and in some small part to the waning popularity of Shawn Michaels, fans wanted more. Then he appeared in WCW and made it seem like a WWF vs WCW supercard was in the works, it was marketing genius on WCW's part and fans of both companies absolutely had to pay attention to the goings on.

It's unfair to compare the drawing potential of Eddie and Chris as they were in WCW to Nash when he came to WCW. I was a fan of Eddie since his days teaming up with Louie Spiccoli and a fan of Chris since his days teaming up with Lance Storm. Their drawing potential was stifled by the political atmosphere of a company that allowed Hogan full creative control and made Nash their head booker.

The drawing potential of a performer is limited by the faith of the promoter. If you paint them as hopelessly stuck in the mid-card and don't allow them any over the top spots against a top perfomer then you brain wash the marks into believing that they're simply not very good wrestlers.

Nash is was the lowest grossing champion, and sat atop of the World Wrestling Federation during its worse period, not only financially, but creatively as well.

Nash gets way to much credit for the nWo angle. The reason they angle took off was because it was superstars from the WWF invading WCW. It would probably be a safe bet to assume that no matter who the superstar was that followed Hall to WCW, it still would have gotten over. In my opinion Nash had nothing to do with the sucess of the angle. He just was there to reep the benefits.

I really find it hard to see where Nash did anything to benefit the buisness....ever. I can recall him doing an awfully lot of things to harm it, such as refusing to job quite often to names like the Giant, ( didnt he even fake a heart attack to get out of that?) and Goldberg, not to mention the countless names during his WWF run.

I just don't see how an old, irrelevant Nash, can do anything positve for the WWE at this time. He never did anything postive for buisness when he was young and some what relevant, what would change that nearly 15 years later?

I know the writers for this website celebrate Nash ( mainly JUSTIN LABAR) but please, someone tell me how I'm wrong? What has Nash done that has had a postive result in the wrestling buisness.

From what I can tell, the wrestling world is about "Can you do a drop kick? You can? Okay, we'll be putting you out there as count dracula and your job from now on is to be stiff as hell and never sell.".

Nash did build a fanbase in the WWF as Diesel. I remember Shawn Michaels, one of the greatest in my opinion, was being booed by the fans in honor of Diesel even when Diesel was trying to play the heel.

I only agree partly with the idea that anybody else could have followed Hall and made the same impact on WCW. Seeing any two WWF mainstays would have been huge. Nash was a big part of the angle because with his size it wasn't a stretch to see him dominate WCW mainstays. It's impossible to say if the angle would have been as successful with anyone else.

Nash does something positive by showing up. Same thing for Arn Anderson, or Ron Simmons or Jim Ross.

I agree that much of the success of Kevin Nash has been circumstantial, but he made a positive impact on me. I was entertained when he held the belt in WWF and the nWo angle entertained me (to a point). I buy merchandise, PPVs and tickets so a positive impact is the money I choose to spend.

For the people who have worked with Kevin Nash, the way you felt about him depended all about on what he thought about you. If Nash liked you, or he thought you could draw and make money. No doubt he would throw his weight around and make sure you would get over. Take for instance last Monday, Kevin Nash said perhaps a thousand times on how much he adores CM Punks work in the business on Twitter. And on their promo Nash was throwing up easy come back lines for CM Punk to blast at. Now on the other hand, if Nash doesn't think to highly of you it would show in his work and in the backstage. He was the head booker on WCW and had Eddie Guerrero wandering around in the under card because Nash thought he was a "Vanilla midget."

Nash, as others pointed is narrow-minded. He throws his weight around in order to get himself, or his friends paid. Even if it meant it was at the expense of guys like Goldberg, Eddie Guerrero, or Chris Jericho. Was CM Punk wrong about Kevin Nash? Yes and no, it all depends on who you are or who you ask about Nash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back