• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk hits a fan

If you watch closely to that video. The guy putting on sunglasses was raising his hands and accidentally hits Punk in the back of the head when he lowers his arms. And then when he goes to put on the glasses, that's when Punk backhands him. He obviously thought the guy was attacking him like all the other fans were doing with the shoving and slapping going on.

This is becoming a common thing with Punk.

I watched a couple of Youtube videos of times where Punk argued with, and abused the crowd. One time he questioned a fan's sexuality (or words to that effect) (I won't repeat it, as I may get modded), which went viral, and got him in hot water with gay groups and WWE management.

So, either WWE are playing off Punk's rep for messing with the crowd, or he has, again, shown himself as a douchebag, and abused those who pay his wage.

You don't see John Cena ever tangling with the crowd, although I wouldn't blame him if he decked someone who yelled "Cena sucked" at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAniQ0L2S3U

Let's do this scientifically to see what happened (1-10 scale. 1 is acceptable, 10 is unforgivable)

Ok I'll go by this video you have provided then.

.19 seconds - Punk was wrong to shove Pink Ziggler's hand away. ( 1 out of 10)

I would agree with this being a 1, if anything at all. He shoved the guys hand away because he kept touching him. Fair enough give the lad a tap on the shoulder but he kept touching the title. Which Punk has to make sure doesn't get stolen. So a fair enough reaction by Punk.

.24/.25 seconds - Punk shoves Lesner shirt kid pretty hard (5 out of 10)

Ok from this video you can't really see what the kid is doing to Punk (in fact you can't even tell it is a kid at all in this video, but we know it is). He shoves the kid and it doesn't look like there was any reason other than he didn't want so many people touching him while there was no security around to ensure his safety.

How I completely disagree that he shoved the kid hard. I think people need to realise that he shoved the kid yes, but there was not much in it at all. Think about it this way. Punk is a big enough guy (he trains daily and clearly has big enough arms) now if you personally shoved a child do you think it would take much force from you to propel them backwards? I don't think it would the child is smaller and a lot weaker than you and as such even the minimal effort from you would push the child back with ease.
What Punk did here was wrong but I don't agree that he pushed him hard he just pushed him away.

.26 seconds- Lesner shirt kid shoves Punk (10 out of 10)

Clearly a good bit of effort was put into this push. Punk is bigger than the kid and the kid is pissed off that he got pushed. He pushes Punk hard in the back and nearly sends him down the stairs. He then begins to yell abuse at Punk, and although everyone else is doing so this kid I imagine is now yelling about not to push him and how he will beat up Punk (the general reaction if you are defending yourself.)
Was completely wrong to shove Punk back and needs to learn a thing or two. If Punk was a random guy on the street and the kid reacted like that he'd get his ass beaten down and badly. Fair enough boo the guy tell him you hate him that's Punks job starting hitting and pushing him you should expect what you'd get in the street in my opinion.

In between these two parts Punk has already turned around and verbally told people to stop touching him. He is a guy who tries to get people to hate him for a living and now he is standing among them with no security and the wwe title which I would imagine is worth quite a bit of money. Don't care who you are you are surrounded by people who don't like you and are holding something valuable you are going to be on your toes and looking to make sure you don't get hurt.

.37/.38 seconds - The guy in the white shirt, who was behind the Bald Sunglasses guy, pushes / smacks the back of Punk's head, and causes Bald Sunglasses guy's wrist and hand to nudge on Punk's head. (3 out of 10)

Now this is where I really have a disagreement.
The part about the guy in the white shirt I agree with he is standing there giving Punk a Stone Cold salute, and then he hits him in the back of the shoulder. That's all fine agree so far.
Sunglasses guy however is not entirely innocent here no matter how much he tries to look it. He opens his hand up while it is in the air but lowers the one with the sunglasses in them. Now he does get a small nudge forward and slaps Punk on the top of the head. But if you think about it who the hell puts sunglasses on like that and who puts them on indoors to start with. Also if you watch close it looks very like he was going to slap Punk in the head when Punk first turned his back but seemed to kind of chicken out. He looks to be using the nudge in the back as an excuse to hit Punk.
Also he knew Punk was already pissed off as Punk had verbally told them all to leave him alone, but then having just hit Punk (accidentally or not) he doesn't try to say sorry he just continues to put his stupid sunglasses on as if he hasn't done anything. If a man is already pissed off and has told you to leave him alone, if you accidentally knock into him you damn well try to say sorry you don't just put a pair of sunglasses on and think it will be all cool.

.39 seconds - Punk backhands Bald Sunglasses guy across the face. (10 out of 10)

This is quite out of line but at the same time Punk was protecting himself (at least in his own eyes) from a violent crowd that has been hitting him while he stands there having been told not to touch him. He has no security around him and as such there would be a bit of fear running through him. He reacted on instinct to being hit and did something about it. His job is to entertain this people not to stand there and be hit by them. If you hit a guy that is bigger than you down the street what exactly do you expect to happen? Him to stand there, or do you expect to be hit back. Now I am not saying Punk did nothing wrong as he did but he is not entirely to blame in this situation.

People can say Punk should have been a professional and not reacted but if you put yourself in his situation do you honestly think you wouldn't react the same way? He felt the need to protect himself and he did so. He hit the wrong guy but the guy he hit did hit him as well whether sunglasses meant to hit Punk or not Punk's reaction was not unprovoked it was a reaction to being hit twice in the back by someone and he got one of the people who hit him and did something about it. Everything Punk did was a reaction and you have to remember if you feel you are in danger and what you did was self defence then you are not in any way liable. Punk gets a slap on the wrist at worst for this. Baiscally a large fine from Punk and some money for sunglasses guy but Punk wont be fired or suspended and he will not lose the world title for this.

If you break it down. Bald Sunglasses guy did not do anything. Punk assumed it was him when the Lesner kid shoulders him, and when the White T-Shirt guy smacked his head.

Already discussed above, but sunglasses guy did do something whether it was intentional or not he hit Punk and without seeing that it was due to someone else hitting him, Punk reacted to being hit and hit back.

What Punk did was not smart or right but people need to realise he felt threatened and had no protection around him. He had people screaming abuse at him, touching an important and valuable item he was carrying (the WWE title) and people hitting and pushing him. He reacted to protect himself.

Also people need to realise that just because someone is famous doesn't give you the right to be touching them especially if you are hitting them. The trouble Punk gets into for this should be the same as the trouble a random guy on the street would get into for reacting to the circumstances. Being famous doesn't mean you should have to stand ideally by while you feel threatened and the only person there to protect you is yourself.

Was it a work? Probably not, but who the fuck knows. Claiming certainty in such a matter makes you look like a fucking buffoon.

Was Owen Hart dying a work?

I only ask because going by your theory anyone who claims certainty of anything when they aren't the principle figure involved is a buffoon.

Did dinosaurs exist even?

Was Owen Hart dying a work?

I only ask because going by your theory anyone who claims certainty of anything when they aren't the principle figure involved is a buffoon.

Did dinosaurs exist even?

Don't drag a tragic death into it. The difference between the two examples (Punk hitting a fan and Owen Hart dying) is that one could viably be a work because it gets media attention and nobody is physically harmed in doing so (if it was a work then Punk wouldn't really have hit the guy) and there is a chance it would draw in fans to see what Punk does next (there is also more to work with as Punk could play it off as being however evil he is and how little respect he gets). The other however seen a young man die, now yes it would get media press but what exactly stood to be gained by the press? Are enough people going to tune in to see people die to warrant it? Where would they go from there? Finally if it was a work Vince would be in prison for killing somebody and WWE would not be a company today.

His logic may be flawed yours however is illogical and excessively over the top. You couldn't think of a more recent incident that happened that could actually have been worked but was actually true? No? How about Kings heart attack. That could have been scripted (I know it wasn't and it was legit), but there was a chance it was scripted and you could have used that to counteract his arguement and it would have been a lot more logical because that is something that might actually have been used as a storyline.

No I couldn't use a more logical argument. Anyone who deals in such black and whites doesn't get a more logical argument, and in wrestling the biggest pile of nonsense that there ever was was internet wrestling fans claiming Owen's death was a work for years after it happened.

I heard the same nonsense off them as was posted in that argument, 'you don't know, you're not one of them so you can't say it isn't' and is completely valid to use in a wrestling argument.

We're humans, we use logic to sort what we think is real from what isn't real and it doesn't make you a buffoon, as was suggested.

More proof this is not a work. Punk has apologised and explained his actions. I also hear the kid in question is not pressing charges so looks like that could be that....WWE will probably reach out to the kid with some merch and tickets.

“I think the whole situation sucks,” Punk told WWE.com. “It’s an unfortunate and isolated incident. I was up in the stands, surrounded.”

“Somebody said, ‘let’s push him down the stairs,’” Punk explained. “I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched…Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I’m really just glad nobody was hurt."

No I couldn't use a more logical argument. Anyone who deals in such black and whites doesn't get a more logical argument, and in wrestling the biggest pile of nonsense that there ever was was internet wrestling fans claiming Owen's death was a work for years after it happened.

I heard the same nonsense off them as was posted in that argument, 'you don't know, you're not one of them so you can't say it isn't' and is completely valid to use in a wrestling argument.

We're humans, we use logic to sort what we think is real from what isn't real and it doesn't make you a buffoon, as was suggested.

Never seen anyone claim Owen's death was a work but again anyone who believes that was a work doesn't deserve a logical argument.
My point was more that the whole King heart attack was more likely to be a work than Owen's death so would have been a better comparison.

Well they were trying to push him down the stairs. Also maybe the fans should keep their hands to themselves. You can also clearly see he was taking shots when he was facing the ring. And also there should have been security there as well.

I have a feeling CM Punk hitting a fan is a really good work. It is possible for it to be a work to get the whole world talking. I mean they could have hired a unknown actor and had this all staged. If they did it would be the greatest work of all time.

I have a feeling CM Punk hitting a fan is a really good work. It is possible for it to be a work to get the whole world talking. I mean they could have hired a unknown actor and had this all staged. If they did it would be the greatest work of all time.
Or he was surrounded by a bunch of overzealous morons who thought it would be a good idea to have a shoving match with a martial arts trained pro wrestler to grab attention. Punk left security behind on his way up and paid for it as the fans where unable contain their stupidity. The video clearly shows various people shoving Punk and just trying to get within camera shot. It's very clearly not a shoot. It's an instance that shows most fans are idiots.

good for him. unless your not patting wrestlers on the back they should keep their hands to themselves. you got hit a few times before he even responded back with punches of his own. i just hope he hit the right person.

that dude that punk hit clearly hit punk first. punk even turned around and told him to stop. then he clearly hit punk in the back of the head. then punk decked him. he was clearly provoking punk. he tried to act like he didn't, but he did.

That was my first time seeing CM Punk's assault on his fans. He should not have put himself in that crowd if he could not handle being touched or taunted a little. Wrestlers do have a lot to deal with, but I am sure they all know their limits. He should have been a professional about the situation. It's just unfortunate this had to happen at all. BUT like others said, this will definitely give the WWE an excellent heel. On the other hand, he is a walking time bomb. Perhaps wrestling is actually not for him, not with a temper like that.

It's amazing all the people in this thread who keep saying "Clearly this and clearly that" when clearly their eyes don't function properly.

Are you all watching the better video where you can see everything 100%?

How were there fans acting like morons? CM Punk threw some little kids arm off him who was just trying to pat his back. He then shoves the kid in the lesnar shirt for no reason at all. The lesnar kid shoved him back, good for him and punk didn't do shit.

Then the crowd shoves a little and the guy who ends up getting hit falls into punk just a little. Then the guy behind the guy who gets hit taps punks head or gives his head a very slight push. w/e he exactly did was not hard at all and then punk goes and does some ridiculous looking spinning back fist to the WRONG GUY.

Punk is lucky they weren't somewhere like NYC or Phili, the crowd probably would have beat the shit out of him. He was being a total tool from the moment he stepped into the crowd trying to over sell himself as a heel and shoving fans around. The guy is a douche and has issues.

You can tell that once Punk got pushed back by the little boy in black he wanted to hit him but he didnt because he knew because of the guy's height or lack of people would think Punk is beating up a child even though he wasn't a child.

So Punk had to swallow his pride and not hit what people would perceive to be a "child".

So when Punk got slapped in the back of the head and he turned around and saw a big "adult" Punk let him have it haha even though it wasn't that guy that slapped him but a guy in white.

This was all Wwe's fault it was scripted that Punk was going into the stands they should have had security exactly at the spot Punk was gonna stop at ahead of time. Their lack of planning actually could had put Punk's safety in jeopardy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back