CM Punk Has Got To Go

Those two scenarios are only in the context to box me in a black and white argument.
Oh come on man, that was a great post! He wasn't trying to box you in, he was trying to say that ratings and buy-rates aren't nearly as important AS A FAN than the overall entertainment level of the product. I suppose if you have millions of dollars wrapped up in WWE stock, you might have reason to be concerned about these numbers. But why is your evaluation of this man's success wrapped up in digits that ultimately mean nothing to the fan?

Let's face facts here. CM Punk is a one-hit wonder. His shoot promo and victory at the Money In The Bank PPV were amazing. Oh, and of course that one "Best In The World" shirt is great too. I honestly thought that he was going to be the next Stone Cold Steve Austin, but he dropped the ball quickly.
Dear sweet Jesus, I'm going to hit 750 today just sorting out the garbage from this one thread...Go back a few pages and read my comments about Punk's past work. It may even be on this page, I don't know. I have my settings worked differently so I can see more posts per page, so I'm not sure exactly how it would line up.

He's still good on the mic, but he'll never be able to top that first shoot promo.
So you're basing his current level of success off of theoretical promos that haven't even happened? How do you know he won't out-do himself?

His in-ring skills are overrated. People are acting as if he has the in-ring ability of superstars like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho or Chris Benoit.
Have you seen the current WWE roster? I'd say the only people with the ability to match Punk's...or at the very least come close are Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, and Rey Rey. Maybe Christian and Cody Rhodes... I'm talking pure in-ring ability, not match psychology or anything like that. Just pure mat-based skill. If he's not the best right now, he's in the Top 3 for sure.

He doesn't have "the look" to be a top face or a top heel.
ONce again, go back a page or two and look for my post. There should be some "spoiler text" with a few images of guys who didn't have "the look" but did one or two notable things in the industry.

Can you say worst tattoos ever?
Yes, I have the mental capacity to say those words in that order. Thanks for asking.

It doesn't even look like he works out either. Take anyone from this forum and have them do a P90X session and you'll probably be in better shape than CM Punk.
Good job, you know the name of a super trendy work-out program going around right now. I'll admit, it's a killer regiment, and it works if you can stay dedicated to it... BUT, that being said, you're a moron. Do you have any idea at all the cardio ability it takes to wrestle a match on his level? There is so much more to being in in-shape than having muscles everywhere.

For the Cena haters here, do you honestly think that CM Punk could do a GTS with The Big Show and Edge on his shoulders at the same time like when Cena setup the FU on them?
Are you telling me that CM Punk's entire value is stored in his ability to lift 700+ pounds into the air? Well by that standard we can just dress an elephant up in a pair of trunks and he'll be the god-damn Nature Boy! Speaking of elephant's, what is your mother doing tomorrow night?

CM Punk should drop the title at the Royal Rumble to someone worthy of the title like Christian and retire from in-ring competition. Yeah, I know Christian is technically on Smackdown but with the Supershow concept, it really doesn't matter anymore now does it?
...ok.

Let's put CM Punk on commentary in place of Josh Matthews or Booker T and have the former Tough Enough contestant and the 5 time WCW champion wrestle on the roster instead to mix it up.
Well it's official. You're either an A+ troll or the must unintelligent poster I have seen since Sean Williams "Shark Attack" blog rant on Mark Madden...and me.

You know how many months after SCSA epic 3:16 promo (the one that really put him on the map) it took him to being the top draw, & face of the company? It's not like he cut the promo then over night he was the biggest draw in the world, these things take time, Punk will only get better, & his fanbase larger. Wrestling fans today are just to impatient, they expect guys to walk in from developmental & instantly be a massive draw, when the fact of the matter is that shit like that happens very rarely, off the top of my head I can only think of 3 guys that upon joining WWE were top draws in less than a year, Taker, Angle, & Lesnar. Most other guys have taken years of grooming, and working through various gimmicks before finding what works best, Punk is finally be given the freedom to do what he's comfortable with, & what he wants to do, & has only gotten bigger since stepping in his current role with the company. By using the logic the OP has then WWE would have gone out of business decades ago, cause they'd only be giving guys about 2 weeks to prove they can be a good champion, & once we get a bad show, or ratings start to drop a little they let go of the guy, WWE wouldn't have any talent, partially cause with this logice everyone would be let go without ever getting any real chance to prove that have what it takes, & partially cause nobody would want to sign with a company that's just going to fire them & never give them any real chance to succeed. This thread is full of people crapping on Punk for the same reason they crap on Cena, Orton, Triple H, Rock, etc. because they're finally getting a good run, & are successful. The mainstream is starting to accept your underground fan favorite & you don't want to share, so your reaction is naturally "Fuck Punk, he's a one hit wonder, he sucks, ...yadda yadda yadda" Whether you like it or not, Punk is going to be in the ME for a loooooooooong time, & likely going to be co-main eventing WM this year.

Great White Sam:

I have never brought up my subjective feelings on "Booking". B/C if the booking is great but the ratings/attendance/buyrates dont show it; it only proves that the idea of "great booking" is in the eye of the beholder. It also shows that if you want to get beyond the core 4.5 million, you have to go with what expands it. WWE makes it's descisions on that. If Punk as champ, starts bringing in 5 million viewers every night, 20% increase in attendance, and 100,000 new ppv buys NET gain, Then regardless of how i feel about the booking, Punk will have expanded the 3 Key financial indicators and thats all the objective proof he needs.

How-ever, if business remains stagnent, it's all the proof I need to say, that he has not been sucessfull.

That was my answer to him and you failed to aknowlege it. It perfectly explained my argument in a broader context that could not be explained in the simple context he tried to produce. I answered it in MY much broader context.

Now, I don't know how long this expeirement with trying to play "dress-up" with Punk as a credible "super" star whom will carry the brand is going to last; but they need to wrap this thing up before the WWE title picture is set for WM.

:wtf:Punk is complitely credable! he has a unique look, he can talk and he can wrestle cricles around most of the main event talent. how can you say that Punk isnt credable?

If people where switched off by the championship match last week, i personally think we should be looking at Del Rio, not Punk

I'll debate you on it, because - contrary to what you think - opinions are these monstrous intangibles that can't be argued for or against.

Sorry, that should read: "I'll debate you on it, because - contrary to what you think - opinions aren't these monstrous intangibles that can't be argued for or against." You can't edit posts after thirty minutes, you know. I would have hoped one would assume that I made a mistake (the sentence is completely incongruous with the rest of my post if you take it as is) but hey, there you have it.

WWE had its best year in the height of the recession in 2009 since 2001. (your argument holds no water on the recession)

Are you aware of the attitude era? I guess those 8.1's in the 11:00 over-run slots (up from the average 7.0's) u are un-aware of. (I guess all those ppl were told to go to sleep or had lives)

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES!

It had it's best year? Now I don't know about that. What you're saying can be taken as that since you believe that it was a good year, it really was a good year. Now what has to be funny about your statement is the fact that Cm Punk happened to be champion in during that year. Sure he may have been on Smackdown, but he was still champion.

For the love of all things you consider holy and sacred, why do people point to the attitude era as a means of comparison with today's product? Most of the stuff done during that era, would not be welcomed today. Oh, and since we're on the subject of that era, I'm supposed to believe that ratings were high because of things like Mae Young giving birth to a hand?

As for excuses, excuses, excuses, You sound like you might be related to Vickie.
Please, just realize one thing, whatever you hate about Punk being champion, won't matter to Vince Mcmahon. Remember, you're in the minority of people who don't want him as champion.

Ok, I just read a post that asked how long did it take after SCSA's 3:16 promo did it take for him to be a huge ratings draw. The answer to that is a little under 2 years with the help of bret hart, yokozuna, the undertaker, vader, sid, owen hart, his neck, and shawn michaels. It took them just about two year to it from being stone cold steve austin to OMG STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!!! And what makes CM Punk not have "the look"? Is it because he's about 5'8" tall? Know who else was? Chris benoit, shawn michaels, chris jericho, eddie, he actually is pretty much the average height of a WWE superstar. Oh, well its his muscles or lack there of that makes him not have "the look". That's wrong too, who else didn't have a very impressive physique. Let's see, stone cold had a beer belly. Bret hart never wrestled with his shirt off, mr perfect was not so perfect after all, big boss man... macho man has basically the same look cm punk has. No one ever questioned those guys. Now back to the promo thing and being pushed. He's being pushed at a much more rapid pace than austin was. And that may be what is hurting them. They spent soo much time building up his heel persona and now all of a sudden he's been thrusted forward as not only a face, but as the face of the company. Patience is really needed because unlike austin, punk doesn't have hart, michaels, vader, sid and the rest to push him. All he has is john cena, and a pipe bomb. Aaaand hopefully jericho, but that is for another thread. So what people are mostly trying to say is that the NEXT 6 months will be what makes or breaks punk, not the last. Let him truly be on top for a little bit before throwing him to the dogs.

If parents actually told there kids to go to sleep/bed. why cant they tell there children to stop watching other bad TV shows, along with WWE. Cause WWE was never ment for children.

Hey, I gotta respect you there. You're probably going to be the only person here who actually provides an actual argument to what I said. And didn't think that it'd be important to add insults.

And yes, I'm being sincere

It had it's best year? Now I don't know about that. What you're saying can be taken as that since you believe that it was a good year, it really was a good year. Now what has to be funny about your statement is the fact that Cm Punk happened to be champion in during that year. Sure he may have been on Smackdown, but he was still champion.

For the love of all things you consider holy and sacred, why do people point to the attitude era as a means of comparison with today's product? Most of the stuff done during that era, would not be welcomed today. Oh, and since we're on the subject of that era, I'm supposed to believe that ratings were high because of things like Mae Young giving birth to a hand?

As for excuses, excuses, excuses, You sound like you might be related to Vickie.
Please, just realize one thing, whatever you hate about Punk being champion, won't matter to Vince Mcmahon. Remember, you're in the minority of people who don't want him as champion.

He's not talking "good" in terms of the quality of product, but in terms of buy-rates and weekly TV ratings. He's also talking about Raw ratings specifically (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), so Punk being champion on Smackdown adds very little weight to your argument.

People point to the Attitude Era for means of comparison...well, first because it's another Era. If you're going to compare two things, obviously you're going to need TWO things. Second, because the large majority of fans within the IWC today started watching DURING that era. It was iconic, with most of the biggest names in the business and some of the greatest feuds of all time coming out of it. Nobody told you to believe the ratings were high because of Mae Young and her vaginal hand, you believe what you want to believe. That's ONE small segment of a very large and dynamic ERA.

I really don't comprehend your Vickie comment. And I think it's hilarious that you think you know what matters to Vince McMahon. I'm not saying I do, or even that you're wrong. I just don't have the arrogance to speak on behalf of pro wrestling's greatest visionary...

See ryan86, I don't fight against you specifically. I fight in the name of all that is good and intelligent! To quote a great movie: "Obviously, I'm not saying I'm an African white space Christ. That'd be ridiculous. That's not for me to say. That's for other people. That's for other people to say if they think I'm like Jesus."

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3560870 said:
This week's episode of Raw was shown at the same time, on the same network, and on the same day as every episode for the past...a lot of years. There was nothing unique about this week's slot, so if that is the case, how do you account for every other week, basically ever?

I don't think the economy has anything to do with PPV buys. I mean, compared to 15 years ago, certainly that can be a valid argument. But sooner or later you have to realize we've been in an "economic crisis" for long enough that's it's evened out enough to collect significant data. As for the other point, I hardly think streams and torrent sites are effecting the WWE's bottom dollar in a noticeable way. You can go on a site like Kick Ass Torrents and look at how many people have downloaded a certain file. Compared to the actual number of people who bought it, and/or will buy the DVD, and/or merch from said event...it's negligible at best.

Have adults not always had lives? Was there something about the Attitude Era that I was not aware of? Did anybody over the age of 18 suddenly just get really busy and have to go night-night right around the time where the ratings started to drop? Same as your first point...illogical.

I really hope he hasn't taken into account any of these factors...They're ridiculous.

First part of your post: What exactly are you saying?

Second part: The economy, high pay per view prices, and the fact that people have to pay ridiculous cable and satellite prices, and other bills. Also, please explain to me how the WWE can expect people to shell out the same amount of dough, every month, or sometimes twice a month?

Something made those ratings drop and viewers turn out.

Ok if cena sucks so bad , Explain why they stayed for Piper and Cena ( im sure some of it was for Piper showing back up and the ooohs of "will Cena turn?" )

the fact is, it dropped HUGE in the second half. Why?

its either Cm punk or its Del Rio. They were both in the same match . Tell me, what do we take away from that?

CM punk is only so much a rebel as Vince lets him be. He only drops his "pipe bombs" as much as Vince says so before he can cut his mic.

When people realize that, he stops being edgy.

I don't know why that segment dropped so bad, but SOMETHING caused it. hell, maybe maybe a group of things caused it.

But if it keeps up in Punks or Del Rios segments, then i'd be sweating it .

Long story short, here is just another fan who dislikes CM Punk for his looks, his tattoos, his size, his hair, and most of all his slogan "Best in the world". Instead of being a fan by ring ability, promo skills, and entertainment, he is being a "WWE Shit" fed fan. He's obviously obsess with Orton because Orton has the body, the look, the low monotone voice, and most of all a golden boy. Although Orton does have one of the better ring abilities compare to the roster, hes been WWE built and fed. Let me point out, Orton has changed characters 3 times ever since he stepped foot into WWE and I'm not saying Heel or Face, I am saying "Character". Orton went from pretty boy girls love me to the all so cocky Legend Killer to the Silent but deadly Viper and Im starting to see hints of a "Happy jumpy tongue sticking jolly" Orton who likes to do splits in the air *seems to me like thats the real Orton after seeing him in his dvd, hes a jolly guy*. Hmm let us see CM Punk, he went from straight edge to being straight edge and now hes best in the world straight edge, his character hasn't changed because he is not WWE built and WWE produced! He is still the same exact CM Punk from ROH til now. And just for that, you don't like him. Lets see whose another star that people just love, oh that's right...STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, WCW, ECW, and WWF tried to change his image so much he basically chose to become himself. If you see Austin in real life *which I have* and listen to his interviews, hes the exact same person you see TV, because hes being himself and not a WWF/WWE product. Once again, this is the same guy that ask why people hate Cena? So when it all comes down to it, You are not disliking Punk because hes lowering ratings, you're disliking Punk because he is not a WWE Product. PERIOD.

Btw, as much as I am a Cody Rhode fan, he is a WWE product, he will change when WWE wants him to and he will stay the same when they want him to. But I am a fan because of his In Ring ability and his classical look. But son, Like Punk said in his interview, this is the era of "REALISM", get used to it.

To Wwefan:

Yes, go read the public financial statements on the analysis of 2009, and yes, it was their best year since 2001. And Cena and Orton were leading WWE, Punk was inconsequencial to the WWE product as you could look at all the world champs on SD in 09 and give them the same credit. But everyone knows that Cena and Orton were the top two center peices of the WWE product in 09. Think about that, at the height of the recession, WWE was having it's best financial yearsince 2001. So stop with the economic excuses on why people are not buying the WWE product.

Since '09, WWE has lost over 700,000 viewers, buy-rates are down 20%, and attendance is off by about 15%.

Problem #1: introducing angles driven by no-name-ID stars to dominate Raw (I.E. Nexus)

#2 The departure of big name stars from the scene (HBK/HHH/UnderTaker/Batista and most recently, Edge)

#3 Introducing "expirements" to immediate championship status without proper "molding". (Del-Rio/Jack Swagger)

#4 Micheal Cole and AYN. GM

First part of your post: What exactly are you saying?

Second part: The economy, high pay per view prices, and the fact that people have to pay ridiculous cable and satellite prices, and other bills. Also, please explain to me how the WWE can expect people to shell out the same amount of dough, every month, or sometimes twice a month?

First part: I'm saying your idea of kids going to bed and parents having to work in the morning, somehow causing the drop in ratings is illogical. Kids have always had to go to bed, and parents have always had to work. Raw hasn't changed time slots, nights, or networks in a very long time, meaning there's no validity to your point.

Second part: Yes. I understand that prices are high, and income is low. That makes perfect sense. But that has been the case consistently now for the past decade. You can actually argue that ratings and buys were nearing the best state they've ever been, in the midst of a recession. People don't get cable packages to watch WWE...so that in itself is flawed logic.

From Now on, Every week That Punk is champ, and does not increase the viewership/attendance/buy-rates, I will post the following statement in this thread: "Hey CM Punk; Where are the ratings?"

And "where are the more-than half full arenas for Raw?"
And on PPVs that feature him as the center peice; "Where are the buys?"
Punk is only interesting to those who feel that his "pipe bombs" are from his heart.
but to the sane ppl: he just looks rediculous, cheesy, and pandering.
he doesnt fit his own charachter, he looks like a real narsasist.

I have been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and I remember the first go around of Hulkamania, Andre the Giant, the Fabulous Freebirds, the Four Horseman, the Von Erichs, the Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Jimmy/Ronnie Garvin, and even Cowboy Bob Orton. I see myself become more disappointed each week. Trying to make the product PG is fine, but many of these guys are pretending to be something they aren't. I respect their work ethic but the writing team needs resuscitation.

I too absolutely despise CM Punk! I can't stomach his interviews or his matches. The only time I turn the channel is when he is on! You can argue t-shirt sales, PPV buy rates, and "shoot" interviews all you want but the fact remains I can't stand him. We are all entitled to an opinion but I am with
ryan86 and want him gone. Then again I can think of at least ten others that should be out of the WWE. WWE needs an overhaul and some competition. It's going to take more than CM Punk's BS to save the ratings.

in my opinion this original post is hilarious.

If the WWE or any wrestling company didn't take chances to develop superstars just because of a ratings dip then Pro Wrestling as an entertainment outlet would be horrible and lack any substance.

Wrestling doesn't work on the notion "the top guy must have the title and everyone else can go to hell"

Lets ignore names so you cant call me a Mark of anyone.

Lets say Wrestler A is top of COMPANY, Wresters B through to Z are all flagging behind on merch, fans and air time etc etc. Any COMPANY would go, okay we need to keep this from going stale and build up more guys and try to get them as good as Wrestler A in terms of merch/fan reaction/ppv sales etc etc.

If then over a LONG period of time(say 5 years) wrestler G has made little to no signs of improvement you go, okay good luck in your future endevours... but say they have made steady progress and start getting good crowd reaction/decent merch sales you go, okay lets try a rivalry with lets say Wrestler C... then after more building if we think its worth a go lets get them to have the main title and see what they do with it... then why the hell would you get rid of the guy when he is only at the beginning of a title reign?

Dont get me wrong what is being done with punk isn't Perfect... but its WWE that run the company, they know what they are doing and they will understand FAR more than you could ever understand(OP) what the ratings MIGHT be indicating.

CM Punk is not going ANYWHERE, i do have to question the trolling nature of this thread lol but have to say it takes mighty big stones to make the original point, back it up with incorrect facts and blame a companies problems on one wrestler who is a cut above 90% of the roster in almost everyway.

Ok if cena sucks so bad , Explain why they stayed for Piper and Cena ( im sure some of it was for Piper showing back up and the ooohs of "will Cena turn?" )

It was the first segment of the show, did you seriously think fans would turn Raw on see it's pipers pit with Cena & change the channel right off the bat?

its either Cm punk or its Del Rio. They were both in the same match . Tell me, what do we take away from that?

I'm sorry I didn't realize Punk?Berto took up teh entire second hour of the show, clearly since they were the only people there for that second hour it must be all on them:rolleyes:

I can't tell you how many times I end up changing the channel during a Divas match, or a Cole rant, or some shit squash match on Raw to check in on the football game, I rarely ever change the channel if I see Punk is about to be up.

CM punk is only so much a rebel as Vince lets him be. He only drops his "pipe bombs" as much as Vince says so before he can cut his mic.

Yeah, & so where Stone Cold, Rock, Edge, Triple H, ect. what's your fucking point?

People realized that with the names I just mentioned, care to share when exactly they stopped being "edgy?

I don't know why that segment dropped so bad, but SOMETHING caused it. hell, maybe maybe a group of things caused it.

More than likely it WAS a group of things.

From what I understand rating are recorded by the quarter hour, not the segment, so unless the segment runs for 15 mins. or longer it's kinda hard to pin it on just one segment. Also as long as they keep making WWE money they have nothing to worry about.

Uh...hello? You're asking if we think Cena sucks so bad but stay to watch his promo with Piper? Jeeze you are either trolling or a dumb***, nobody thinks Cena sucks and we won't watch any of him, we just think Cena's in ring abilities are horrible, that doesn't mean that we don't want to see his promo, fan or not. Cena is a top dog, hes been with WWE for a long time, but we are just tired of his character. So whats better? Seeing him be WWE champion *Points out, When Del Rio lose the belt to Cena so that Cena will boost up the ratings, it DROPPED!* or seeing Cena have a heel turn? Exactly, People want his character's head chopped off but they still want Cena, in the form of a bad ass. Did that answer you? Or did you want to ask more irrelevant questions. Here I'll ask you one, in your language, If ice cream is so cold how come the sun comes out? There you go, that's exactly how you asked about Cena.

Btw, Yea I agree, Punk and Del Rio matches are crazy good, both are great and can execute almost all of their moves perfectly. They're pure athletics in the ring but other than that we haven't seen more promos of Punk bashing Del Rio nor Rio bashing Punk. This segment has gone from great to odd and dry, sort of like Nash vs Punk. I blame the WWE writers/bookers, they want to do a story line so bad but then the moment they're about to go live, they change the scripts quickly, pushing back alot of stars and at the same time destroying storylines. Im sure the writers have told Punk not to do his promos because it wastes time. For Nash and Punk, that would of been a great storyline to build up Punk's credibility as a top dog in WWE but Nash had to be "doctor approved" to wrestle again, so they dropped the ball on Punk vs Nash and did a HHH vs Punk, which they also dropped the ball on by having Truth and Miz attack. Awesome truth becomes a "threat" and cause a Walk out and beats up Cena. Cena can't beat them so Cena asks the Rock for help. The following week, Cena squash Miz and R truth! So much for build ups huh? WTH, so blame WWE Scripts.

You know how many months after SCSA epic 3:16 promo (the one that really put him on the map) it took him to being the top draw, & face of the company? It's not like he cut the promo then over night he was the biggest draw in the world, these things take time, Punk will only get better, & his fanbase larger. Wrestling fans today are just to impatient, they expect guys to walk in from developmental & instantly be a massive draw, when the fact of the matter is that shit like that happens very rarely, off the top of my head I can only think of 3 guys that upon joining WWE were top draws in less than a year, Taker, Angle, & Lesnar. Most other guys have taken years of grooming, and working through various gimmicks before finding what works best, Punk is finally be given the freedom to do what he's comfortable with, & what he wants to do, & has only gotten bigger since stepping in his current role with the company. By using the logic the OP has then WWE would have gone out of business decades ago, cause they'd only be giving guys about 2 weeks to prove they can be a good champion, & once we get a bad show, or ratings start to drop a little they let go of the guy, WWE wouldn't have any talent, partially cause with this logice everyone would be let go without ever getting any real chance to prove that have what it takes, & partially cause nobody would want to sign with a company that's just going to fire them & never give them any real chance to succeed. This thread is full of people crapping on Punk for the same reason they crap on Cena, Orton, Triple H, Rock, etc. because they're finally getting a good run, & are successful. The mainstream is starting to accept your underground fan favorite & you don't want to share, so your reaction is naturally "Fuck Punk, he's a one hit wonder, he sucks, ...yadda yadda yadda" Whether you like it or not, Punk is going to be in the ME for a loooooooooong time, & likely going to be co-main eventing WM this year.

That's a good point about the timing between the 3:16 promo and his meteoric rise to fame... Punk had his huge promo (which wasn't catchphrase friendly either, but for ice cream bars) and then his big match but his possible equivalent to WM13 (bret and austin) was his match against HHH and instead of putting him over on to that next level, it shift the focus of everything to Kevin Nash and HHH.

I don't see how we can objectively look at ratings or anything with Punk being the main factor because he's not even the main focus of WWE right now despite being the champion. Right now, it's all about Rock and Cena, the title is secondary, so any ratings talk really should focus on that not Punk. Expecting a huge increase due to punk is asinine... Even the attitude era had huge bumps due to MANY factors including an overall stronger product and STRONG competition... right now WWE faces more competition for buys from illegal streams than it does another company. Expecting a huge bump in general is ridiculous, there is NOTHING and I mean nothing that will cause that big influx of fans right now, or even on the horizon. Wrestling may one day get to that point but it will take a lot because it wasn't any one person that did it back in the 90s, it was the competition itself. Wrestling was the thing to watch back then because both programs had tons to offer for both hours, there was a large amount of talent who had opportunities to reinvent themselves constantly, we don't have that now.

i think it was Jim Cornette once said you cant book now to draw now, you book now to draw months ahead of time, so you cant really look at the raitings for monday to know if some thing is good. you have to look at the rateings in three months time to see if some thing is working well

I see some people saying how great cm punk is in the ring. What is so great? All i see is punk get beat up most of the match then does a running high knee, bulldog. Maybe an elbow drop from top rope and then GTS.. What's so great?

I see some people saying how great cm punk is in the ring. What is so great? All i see is punk get beat up most of the match then does a running high knee, bulldog. Maybe an elbow drop from top rope and then GTS.. What's so great?

I dont think he is the best ever, but what you just said is hilarious... and here is why.

without mentioning Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler name ANYONE on the current roster who is better in the ring and watch almost everyone tell you you are wrong :lol::lol::lol:

he has a solid move set that you fail to see, but that is not all that you look for in the ring, he makes other wrestlers look good when he needs to and has excellent technique in getting the best out of his too, he sells great emotion in matches too

I don't see him doing most of that. Strikes shouldn't be counted as "wrestling moves". I could say Mistico has a million moves in his move list too, but what he does in the ring is what matters. I'm also pretty sure cena has more moves in his "movelist"

By your list, then Kofi Kingston is one of the best in the ring then?

I don't see him doing most of that. Strikes shouldn't be counted as "wrestling moves". I could say Mistico has a million moves in his move list too, but what he does in the ring is what matters. I'm also pretty sure cena has more moves in his "movelist"

i'm not saying anything about Cena by saying i disagree with you though, cena is tagged with that cause he has a fixed point where he does those 5 moves of doom in a row.

Punk in my opinion at least offers variety with how it may happen, Cena in ring is predictable IMO.

but of course you are entitled to yours too, i just completely disagree with it

wrestler 123, i dont see your point about Kofi haveing lots of moves makeing him the best. The fact is Punk has that intagible X facter in wrestling. he can wrestle and has honed his craft on the indys the world over for years before makeing it to WWE, lets face it you dont get the ROH title with 5 moves of doom, and even his signitures can come from any where and any time in a match, but not only that, he can talk. he has carisma, people want to hear what he has to say and what he is saying isnt the same old "Never give up, Never surrender" speach that Cena pulls out every other week. Punk > Cena FACT! :worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back