Classic 80s-90s movies I got for Christmas.

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Yea, it's a little late, but I got a shitload of actions and comedys from the 80s and 90s. I talked my Dad awhile ago, about how I don't like movies from the early 80s, so he got me a bunch of classics to change my mind.

Some of them aren't exactly from the 80s or 90s, but they're still great so he had to put them in.

The Ref

Varsity Blues

Dazed and Confused

The Program

Beverly Hills Cop

Point Break

Falling Down

Any Given Sunday

Extreme Justice

Trading Places

Hot Dog...The Movie

Remember the Titans

Natural Born Killer

The Color of Money

Harlem Nights

Risky Business

Anger Management

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Pump Up the Volume

Top Gun

Goodfellas

Red Dawn

Weekend at Bernie's

Bad News Bears

Pacific Heights

Tango and Cash

In the Line of Fire

The Doors

48 Hours

National Lampoons Vacation

True Romance

Beyond the Law

8mm

American Pie

Seven

Riding the Bullet

Next of Kin

Troy

Cape Fear

Platoon

Primal Fear

I bolded the ones I haven't watched yet. There are still movies that he has to order too. The person he got to order them for him didn't do it exactly right, my father put a star next to the must get ones. She ordered some that weren't starred and didn't order all the stars. She also ordered ones that weren't even on the list. It's not a big deal though, these movies were all pretty cheap.

There's a lot of them too. Which one do you think I should watch next? Some of those movies I saw already, Anger Management wasn't one of the must gets, not sure why that was in there, and National Lampoons and American Pie I've seen on TV, but that's just not the same. They cut like half of the movie out of National Lampoons on TV.

I think most of the movie my Dad just wants to have a copy of, that's why he got em all for me.

WATCH SEVEN!!!!

I watched it again the other day, an absolutely awesome film. This is where Brad Pitt began to be taken seriously as an actor.

I also recommend Die Hard 1 and 2, 8mm out of the ones you havent yet seen, both brilliant movies. Nic Cage is brilliant in 8mm as a guy slowly getting dragged down to the level of the criminal he is chasing.

Risky-Business-Tom-Cruise_l.jpg

Yea yea, I know SSC. I saw the last one though. Bruce Willis is one of my favorites.

I JUST watched Red Dawn this morning..and I'm gonna pass out in a half hour or so...

These weren't on the list, but in the last couple days, I watched the entire Final Destination series, two movies about 9/11, and the movie Due Date.

Lol, every movie on the list is going to be watched at some point...maybe I should add a poll?

By the way, the only movie I didn't like so far was Hot Dog, it wasn't bad..but I just couldn't get into it.

My Dad thinks it's one of the top comedies in there..but I didn't like it.

The Color of money probably won't be watched for awhile, as I need to see the prequel to that first.

When I watch Die Hard, the second one will be immediately afterwards. Shit...

I completely missed Porky's. That is on the list too, I already watched it though..that is pretty funny. Wasn't a fan of the time setting..but the comedy makes up for it a lot.

The Hustler >>>> The Color of Money

That said, I think TCOM is self-contained enough that you don't need to see The Hustler. I saw TCOM first and didn't feel like I missed anything.

Depends on how lazy I am by the time I'm ready to watch TCOM. If I'm in the mood for a double movie I will, but if I just wanna get it over with, I won't. :shrug:

The Colour of Money has Forest Whitaker in it. That alone makes it worth watching (oh and Paul Newman is an acting God but everyone knows that already).

The Hustler was better but The Colour of Money is still an enjoyable flick.

Dude, you've got to watch Die Hard 1. I didn't think Die Hard 2 was anything special, but Die Hard is a fuckin classic.

Bruce Willis + Alan Rickman as an evil German? Pure gold.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH AND the quarterback is TOAST!

Listen to Coco: watch The Hustler instead of The Color of Money. Color of Money used to be one of my all-time faves until I saw how much the original shat on the sequel. Oh, and definitely watch Pacific Heights; that's one of the underrated thrillers ever made.

Where's Robocop on this list? That's the greatest action movie ever made.

Yea, it's a little late, but I got a shitload of actions and comedys from the 80s and 90s. I talked my Dad awhile ago, about how I don't like movies from the early 80s, so he got me a bunch of classics to change my mind.

Some of them aren't exactly from the 80s or 90s, but they're still great so he had to put them in.

Point Break

Falling Down

Any Given Sunday

Anger Management

Die Hard

Red Dawn

National Lampoons Vacation

True Romance

American Pie

Seven

Cape Fear

Platoon

All of these are favorite movies of mine. The ones you left in bold are must watches for sure.

Varsity Blues.... Sweet movie. Great action scenes for the football moments. Hard to believe a kid from Dawson's Creek would make a good Football star. :wtf:

Primal Fear...Great movie. So many :wtf: when I first saw it. Big must for watching. Just beware the legal jargon and it still manages to be a great movie.

National Lampoon's Vacation...WOW...this first in a series of classic. Clark W. Griswold, and the family to drive to Wally World. :lmao: Man, so many classic lines in this movie. A dearly loved classic.

Remember the Titans...great movie. I still manage to watch it whenever its on. Heartwarming little ditty of a show.

Platoon. If you want something that is just amazing at portraying the war, and just people's different emotions, that's one to watch. Of course I'm a sucker for Vietnam movies. They just have so much soul in them.

Oh, and I agree w/Die Hard. Dayum, get on that.

Ok, got some more to add to your list. What about the Lethal Weapon series? Hmmmm, one of the best comedies of all time Planes, Trains, and Automobiles should be one. Martin and Candy are classic. Just classic.

Strange Brew, Breakfast Club, Full Metal Jacket, Short Circuit 1 and 2 (I prefer 2 over one but watch 1 first anyway), Caddyshack, Animal House, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (it has Big John Studd in it!) Road House (Terry Funk is in it), A tv show called Tour of Duty (3 seasons), The Last Boy Scout (Bruce Willis and Damon Wayans), I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, New Jack City, and Revenge of the Nerds.

I should know more but I'm kinda tired today. BTW, big movie buff. Own almost 1,000 movies (originals in cases) and prob just as much just on disc in cd cases. Yeah, obsessive, I know. But it's a better addiction than crack and everybody needs a hobby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back