• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christian or Matt Hardy??

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
I'm glad that Christian & Matt Hardy are involved in a storyline right now on Smackdown as these two veteran superstars are looking for world championship gold in the near future. Since before the "Money in the Bank" pay per view, see saw Christian & Matt Hardy with and against each other in the ring. Back at Wrestlemania 26 during that Money in the Bank match I had flashbacks of Christian & Matt Hardy when they both went for the breifcase on the ladder.

Christian & Matt Hardy have been in the WWE's most dangerous matches against each other in their tag team days with Edge and Jeff Hardy. Ladder matches, TLC matches, Steel cage matches, even the old school tornade tag team match on Smackdown in '99 for Terri Runnels and a whole lot of cash! But who do you think is the better all-around wrestler and personal out of the two? Let's take a look at their rap sheets shall we....

Christian:
-Former Tag Team Champion
-Former WWECW Champion
-Former IC Champion
-Former European Champion
-Former HARDCORE Champion (for one night, WM 18)
-Former Light-Heavyweight Champion

Matt Hardy:
-Former Tag Team Champion
-Former WWECW Champion
-Former U.S. Champion
-Former European Champion
-Former HARDCORE Champion
-Former Crusierweight Champion

So their resumes are very simular it would seem!

But who is better between the two vets and who will be the break out star??

This question can be answered on who you like better, just because these two are very, very similar. Both got the short end of the stick, both are pretty good in the ring. But I would have to pick Christian.

Christian is stronger on the mic than Matt Hardy. Hell, he's even stronger in the ring. Christian can play the heel and face role both very well. Matt Hardy was okay playing the heel role. Just because Matt Hardy has had feuds with main eventers like Jeff Hardy and Edge doesn't make him better than Christian. I bet you Christian would've already had a World title if Vinnie Mac even liked him. I don't think Vince is much of a fan of Matt Hardy either but since he puts him in feuds with main eventers, you would think he likes him better than Christian.

As for "the next breakout star"...well, I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. They are both solid mid-carders and probably will stay that way. Hopefully, one of them (preferably Christian) will get a world title before they retire.

It is really hard to decide because they both have a similar moveset, are loved by the crowd, and the only thing I see different in them is their promo work. I really have to give both guys credit as a long time fan of both of these guys. If both men were able to keep me and others interested in them for about a decade then I guess they are both doing something right. Therefore to answer your question no one is better the question is who will get better? And I see both of them holding the big one by the end of next year because I think they will find their way into the main event after their possible feud that the WWE has been foreshadowing.

I think that is Christian. He is better in the ring than Matt Hardy and he is the king of guy that you can always count on to go out and put on a good match with anyone, while the same could be said for Matt Hardy I think that Christian does it more consistantly.

For me personally it has to be Christian. His matches are more entertaining and I prefer his moveset. He also just looks better than Matt Hardy, he's kept himself trim throughout his career which shows a level of commitment lacking in Hardy. Furthermore his mic work, well not dazzling is far superior to Matt's.

I would love to say Matt, but he really underperformed in his match against Cody Rhodes.
So its gonna have to be Christian. I dont think ive ever complained about a horrible Christian match. As for Hardy, If he lost like 10 to 20 pounds and could go off the top rope again, which he hasnt done for prolly close to a year, he would be adequate enough.

Christian. He's got the edge over Matt on mic skills to in-ring ability, and he's shown himself to be able to go main event in TNA, and as both a good face and a heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back