• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Return of the Who's Better Poll! Christian vs Matt Hardy

Who's Better?

• 'Captain Charisma' Christian

• Matt Hardy 'V1'

Results are only viewable after voting.
Christian, hands down. Matt Hardy's "momentum" came after Edge stole Lita from him, it's sorta been a pity party to be honest. he doesn't have personality. look at his entrance, it's boring. that little taunt thing he does where he does his sign, no personality, he does that little hop too. he's way big now and he's slower than ever in the ring. his choice of ring gear isn't the best either.

Christian has the moves and "charisma" (not so much now, but if he goes to another show i'm sure he'd step it up) to be a top dog in some way. he can cut promos and work, 2 things Matt Hardy can't do right now or hasn't been able to do in a while. Christian's evolved with his personality, Hardy went backwards. at how he comes out and works and looks, he reminds me of Marty Jannetty: living in the past

I find it to be very problematic that this answer is so easy for me to answer. I mean, besides 2009, the last year or close to full year that these two was in the WWE at the same time was 2003. At that time, Christian was on Raw working with Chris Jericho for a little bit, then he would win the Intercontinental Championship twice, fued with Booker T, and then re-teamed with Chris Jericho to fued with Lita and Trish Stratus. Matt Hardy was on Smackdown at the peak of his "Mattitude" and V-1 persona, with his MF'er Shannon Moore. The only highlight that I can remember with Matt on Smackdown in 2003 was winning the Crusierweight Championship and then switching to Raw.

Now, Christian is at the top of the (ECW) world, as the ECW Champion and Matt Hardy is on Smackdown losing every week. Now, it's pretty obvious who is better out of the two right now. However, I really do not see why. I mean, even when Matt was getting a push in the past, a title wouldn't neccessarily be close ahead, Christian would win titles without a push. I see something wrong with that.

So, I have to say that right now it is very clear to see that Christian is much better than Matt Hardy. I do not think that Matt should have to fight to get air-time on Smackdown, or be at the top of the mid-card, let alone lose 4 or 5 matches before getting one win. Christian has been back for 11 months now and has been champion for all but 3.5 of those months. WWE really needs to find a way to push both of them, especially after all they did for the WWE, helping innovate the ladder and TLC matches, both making ECW a little more watchable, etc.

When i first saw this i was like wow its a no contest Christian all the way. But then i tried to think about Matt, to give him a fair shake, and yea i digged his v1 gimmick and he was clearly the better worker of the hardys but still i thought of the things christian has done as far accomplishments, promos and of course ring work and matt cant touch him now a days.

I mean a few years ago, like many posters have said, Matt was doing well putting in solid work, interesting feuds and what not over all solid work. While christian was still solid in the ring, he was having better feuds and even getting title shots, granted yea he didnt get the title, but shots never the less and it was during that time he helped get his captain charisma character, which after a while got him over with the crowd.

But like the poster above has said, if you look at it today, its clearly not even close. You have christian being not only the champion of a brand but clearly the face/star of the brand, albeit the brand is ECW and people will dismiss it but he has clearly made ECW a interesting brand helping younger guys (yoshi, ryder) and having great matches with vets (regal, dreamer and shelton) to the point where somewhat arguebale had THE match at TLC in which he and shelton showed that ECW has talent. Matt while he was on ECW tried to do the samething but didnt do it to the level that christian has, i mean i can only remember 1 really solid feud in ECW with Swagger.

Now Matt is losing on a pretty regular basis,has lost any and all momentum he had from his feud with his brother and with CM punk and has lower micard/ midcard status written on him for the foreseeable future. While Christian is riding high on ECW and has shown to vince, the public and hopefully the writers/power at be that hes ready to take the next step of being a main event on the 2 big brands. Place him in a feud with someone that has main event caliber and just watch christian do his thing on the mic and the ring and you have yourself a new main eventer and hopefully a new champion.

Both have definitely paid their dues, but christian is the better of the two by a long shot, hes ready to take his shot at the big time, while matts shot has come and gone and it looks like he wont get a chance at it again.

Christian is a beast. There's no doubt about that. It just cannot be argued against. The man is fucking sick on the mic, he's constantly putting on great matches and isn't called Captain Charisma for nothing. But man, I looove me some Matt Hardy. I always have. He can cut a pretty good promo, he's not as good as Christian, but he's not bad. He can get pretty intense too. If any of you read Matt Hardy's blogs on MySpace. He's been battling this abdomen injury or something to that effect for a long time, and he couldn't work out as hard as he could, hence why he's gotten kind of flabby. Matt gets it done in the ring, his feud with Edge was fucking sweet, as well as the one with his brother. I loved them both. I want to say Matt just because I like him better then Christian, personal preference. Not looking at the stats.

I love the Hardy's but there's no doubt Christian is the more talented. He is one of the best at the moment in my opinion and is in his prime. I've never seen him look so good in the ring and he's always been gold on the mic.

Matt struggles with the mic and hasn't been having his best match's lately. His '08 run was pretty good but that was the last time he looked really good. His heel run failed (bar the Jeff matches) and he's been shuffled back to the SD mid card.

Christian should have a world title at some stage but I don't feel Matt will quite get there. This isn't to say Matt's shit or anything, he's a solid worker but in terms of who's better between him and Christian I gotta go with Captain Charisma all the way.

Christian, this is not even close although it could of been. I always thought Matt Hardy was booked unfairly except his 02-04 V1 era. As singles competitors Christian by far as right now he might be better then ever. Hardy seems a tad bit out of shape atm and I dont blame him as his mental status is probably down a bit because his Brother cant stay out of hand cuffs and fucks it up for Matt as well. Both are solid rounded out Wrestlers but Christian gets the slight edge "no pun intended" and Christian by far is superior on the mic and charisma department. I miss Christian punking out Cena...Matt has always been 2nd fiddle to Jeff, even more so then Owen was to Bret, and I think Jeff's real life screw up's are effecting Matt as well.

They both suck. Christian tries waayyy too hard to be 'cool'. And Matt Hardy is a broken man ever since Edge got with Lita and both he and Jeff Hardy broke through to the top as real main eventers.

Both are and forever will be jobbers to the Ortons of this world and both are huge marks that want titles.

Matt Hardy has been performing at half his potential since he had that abdominal tear. It was life threatening and he is still building his physique and ring skills back.

But the reason everyone thinks Matt sucks is because of Jeff. Jeff keeps getting arrested, using drugs, and betraying their boss. And since he has been the more popular brother, his actions negatively affect Matt. Matt is being made into a pathetic jobber because WWE can't trust someone so close to Jeff. Until Jeff stops screwing with WWE, or Matt goes to TNA, Matt will never get pushed to super stardom.

Christian has everything that it takes to be a World Heavywieght Champion on Smackdown. If he can get off ECW, he can go to Smackdown and carry it for 6+ months as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back