The Who's Better Poll #3

Who Is Better

• "Y2J"Chris Jericho

• "The Game" Triple H

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
Alright, this thing is becoming a huge success, Today's poll is between Chris Jericho and Triple H...Let's look at their stats:

Y2J:
1X ECW TV Champion
1X WCW TV Champion
4X WCW Cruiserweight Champion
2X WCW Champion
1X European Champion
3X World Tag Team Champion
1X Unified Tag Team Champion
9X Intercontinental Champion
1X WWE Champion
1X Undisputed Champion
2X World Heavyweight Champion

Triple H:
8X WWE Champion
5X World Heavyweight Champion
1X Undisputed Champion
1X World Tag Team Champion
5X Intercontinental Champion
1X European Champion
Won 2002 Royal Rumble

Wow, this is hard(that's what she said, i know) Hmm Jericho has held way more titles than HHH, but titles don't make you better. Jericho is one of the best technical wrestlers that we've seen since Chris Benoit. Triple H however, has held the world title the second most times in WWE history, second to only Ric Flair. HHH is also a great technician, and he also has alot of power. I think the wildcard here is the Royal Rumble win for Triple H. In my mind both of these guys WOULD be of the same stature in the WWE. But because of that Royal Rumble win for Triple H, winning it after coming back from a career threatening injury. I go with him in this poll.

Both performers are incredibly sound athletically. Triple H became a huge superstar while Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart went their ways. Triple H is probably more over then Jericho even though Jericho is an awesome heel. I think technically that Jericho is better in the ring then Triple H but Trips is an amazing story teller in and out of the ring. I would have to go with Triple H but Jericho isn't far behind.

Y2J hands down. HHH would have had my vote, but he is becoming stale and boring the longer he goes on, while Y2J on the other hand is only getting better.

Well, this is a tough one. You have a guy who has won the Royal Rumble & his majority of titles coming from World Championships vs. another guy whose titles are mainly midcard or tag titles & broken records for the prestigious IC Title with being the first undisputed World Champ. For the accollades, it is leaning towards "The Game."

Everything else is seemingly on par (matches, fueds, work ethic, etc.) There isn't much difference between these two here. After analysing both men's careers, I came to the conclusion that HHH would win this battle. Except for one factor controlled by a man who is more merciless than GOD...

Father TIME... HHH is going through his last major push as a dominant ME player. Very soon, HHH will become the HBK of today. Putting on great matches with the end result using HBK's reputation to rub off against up & comers (essentially the HHH-RKO fued). Chris Jericho, if he decides to stay with the business & no career-threatening injuries, has a long way before he hangs up the boots. A couple of lengthy title runs or 4-5 short ones with a World title will guarantee he has achieved more success than HHH.

Well I would say Triple H, but i just can't go with a guy who has lost a match in 30 sec. at the biggest stage of them all.. Wrestlemania... which was against the Ultimate Warrior.. so my choice is Y2J!!! Jericho is a much better wrestler and more enertaining to me too so thats another reason... Only time HHH was very entertaining was his DX runs...

1st. All those who say they dislike Triple H, most of you are just saying that because hes NOW stale. Im not saying all who dislike him are because of now but I read your complaints about Tripz and how you guys dont like him, you say that because hes Stale now and cant be fresh that that meens his entire Career is crap. Which is not true.

2nd. Triple H has had an amazing Career, hes a Solid Wrestler and up until recently when the Orton vs Tripz feud began was a good entertainer that mostly the general public loved, because all you guys forget, before this feud, it was the FANS that made Triple H Face because we wouldnt stop cheering him as a Face, hed pumel someone with a sledghammer and we would go nutz, hed say crap about his Face opponents and wed laugh and cheer, NOW im not saying hes the best Wrestler, or that he WAS the best Entertainer, AND maybe yes he got a bigger rub because of him and Steph and the pull that had on *Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha but if the fans didnt get into him and love him the way they did/do then I dont think even with the marriage of Steph would have matterd much anyway.

3rd. THAT BEING SAID, "Y2J" Chris Jericho is possibly the best at making people Love him and then making Fans Hate his gutz. I love Jericho, hes My second favorite wrestler behind J.Cena, and personally I was shocked when he turned Heel, I thought that WWE could have really made the "Save Us Y2J" angle waaay better but now I see that Jericho Heel is a good thing for WWE. Jericho, although not as many World/WWE Title runs, is the better Wrestler in this match up, he is a better technical wrestler and is waaaaaay better High Flying wrestler than Triple H is and ever was. He is an amazing Mic presence when givin the chance and can make you Love him in a second or Make you wanna punch him in the face with one comment.

4th. Therefore My Vote goes to "Y2J" Chris Jericho, because although he dosnt have the amount of Title Runs that Tripz has, he is the better entertainer in this match-up and is the better Wrestler as well.

5th. To The HHH-Hogan Effect: Really enjoying this series of Posts to vote on, really well done and its fun to see everyones opinion on this. Really loving the Posts man.

definatly y2j, hes not shoved down our throats every tv taping and ppv, hes more entertaining, a better wrestler and much more believable then HHH is, i dont hate HHH at all, but he was much much much better from 1999-2002

I havent posted in a while but i think Y2J Chris Jericho is better because he is the first ever undisputed champion and he occasionally puts people over or makes them look good in matches Triple h just holds people back.

I dodged the filter in a post before, let's see if I can bring the total up to 2 in a row.

Both garner reactions from the crowd that are at times mind blowing. Both wrestlers can get the crowd to care about them in the ring. Both have a laundry list of titles that they have won. Both are, at this point, consistent main-event players.

Therefore, I'll judge by their most current work in the WWE. Y2J wins. Not because I hate Trips, by any means. I'm going for Y2J simply because he pulled that amazing feud out of a HBK that wanted to do nothing but walk out and pout for 5 minutes. Y2J made something happen. What has Trips done in the past year? A shitastically boring feud with Legacy? Yeah, OK.

Hunter (this better not be filtered) is a great wrestler, one of the best in my opinion. Someone who creative can trust with the belt at any time, and who will put on good matches. There's a lot of Hunter hate on these forums, which is completely uncalled for, all he did was fall in love with Stephanie. He can cut a great p r o m o as well, with DX being the prime example of that - highly entertaining, no matter what.

Personally though, I prefer Jericho, he's always been the more entertaining of the two to me. I prefer his matches and, not so much recently, but his p r o m o s before his return were some of the best I had ever seen. I always remember his p r o m o with Stephanie in particular, they made me laugh so much, and still do. Jericho is good in the ring, some of his matches have been outstanding. Which is why I don't think there's a right or wrong answer on this one, and I'm still not sure who to vote for.

I Like The Game, but he's not at all as overall sound in the ring as Chris Jericho (Y2J, Lionheart, or this current incarnation). He's definitely not as hilarious as Y2J was ("asshat" anyone?). With the exception of his recent matches with Rey, the new Chris Jericho wasn't as great as the old Lionheart/Y2J. Jericho works BEST with cruiserweights (or The Rock). Hunter can have great matches with only a handful (Shawn, Rock, Austin). Overall Chris Jericho is by far the better of the two, but Hunter is not as horrible as some of the IWC would claim.

John Cena on the other hand...

I'm going to have to go with HHH slightly and here is why:

HHH has been a stalworth in the WWE for almost 15 years. He has been involved in some of the most memorable feuds in WWE history and is a 13-time world champion. In the early part of the decade he was one of the best heels out there. He had some of the best matches against Foley, Rock, and Austin. Even though he hasn't been the same since his quad injuries, every now and then he can still put on a great match.

Jericho has been one of the better workers since he arrived in the WWE. He has stayed relatively injury-free which has been hard to do. Jericho has found his niche with his heel persona and he is running with that. The problem I have with Jericho is that he has champion's intangibles but they don't seem to translate when he is champion. Most of Jericho's best matches come when he doesn't have a title and when he does, his title reigns are easily forgettable.

HHH has had memorable matches with or without titles and while most of his reigns are forgettable, there are still more remembered by fans than Jericho. They are two superstars who don't necessarily excel at one area but do everything well. Even though HHH didn't have a good run as #1 in the company, I believe he is better equipped to handle it than Jericho is.

For me its gotta be Chris Jericho.

I find him so much more entertaining than Triple H who has gotten stale and I feel he tries way too hard to be funny these days when it doesnt come across that way.

Jericho can really get the fans to hate him and cuts a promo like no other superstar and you believe he means every single word of what he says.

Sure Triple H has accomplished a lot in the business but for entertainment value and who I would rather see wrestle, my vote goes to The "Ayotollah of Rock & Rolla!" "Y2J" Chris Jericho!

Ugh... time for learning session for everyone. Who IS better is not even a contest. The question wasn't "Who do you like better?" Of course Y2J is going to get all the votes on who they like better because at the present time... Jericho is less stale than Triple H. Jericho just had an amazing feud with EPIC matches with Mysterio. Definately some of... if not the BEST IC Title matches we've seen this decade. But keep in mind here kids... you have to look at their full body of work. Which is why... Triple H is better hands down, no contest, not. even. close. Here's why.

Triple H is 13 time Champ. 13 times. You can't ignore that. Triple H is also one of the best... if not THE best heel in the WWE in the past decade. When Triple H was a heel in the early part of the decade, he was hated by EVERYBODY. You could not pretend to even like him. Nobody cheered him. He was The Game and he was THE BEST at what he did. Much like JBL. JBL was the best heel (prior to the new Jericho) the WWE had seen probably since Triple H's successful heel run. But time and injuries have taken a toll on Triple H. As someone before said, Triple H probably only has one really good memorable run as champion left in him. As long as he stays away from Orton, it can be done. Now I'm not going to play the age card as some did because Triple H will actually turn 40 later this month. Jericho will turn 39 later this year. Ages between these guys are close. Another fact is Triple H never really got a chance to take much time off from the WWE. When Triple H wasn't in the ring, he was rehabbing major injuries so he could get back into the ring. So in a sense, Triple H hasn't taken much of a break from the WWE in about 15 years. He's always doing SOMETHING that is tied to the WWE. Even in stables, Triple H is present. He was a leader of Evolution, one of the best stables in history. He was a founding memeber of DX, also one of the best stables in history. Sure he's forced on us a little right now, but that's because he's earned his spot at the top of the card. You're forgetting this too kiddos. WWE wanted to keep him away longer after Backlash, but since Batista got injured...again... they rushed him back because they needed him to feud with Orton. As much as you may not want to admit that... it makes sense. He also helped build Batista and Orton to be the future headliners as they are today. He also puts over Cena to help him be the star he is today. Now you can say Triple H holds people back. While it may partially be true, you're forgetting that if you get the rub from Triple H, you are destined for success. In a sense, if he's the guy you have to get through, then he (Triple H) has done something right in his carreer that makes him, as Ric Flair would say... THE MAN. Because to be the man, you have to beat the man. And like it or not kiddies, THE MAN... is Triple H.

Jericho. First undisputed champ in history. Went over the WWE's 2 Goldenboys in Austin and The Rock in the same night. Can't be ignored. Aside from that, Jericho's only been Champion 3 more times. Two of those times came at the end of 2008, where his 2 reigns together totaled BARELY 3 months. If Jericho wasn't Superstar of the year for 2008, you probably would have forgotten he was even champion last year around Sept. and Oct. I love what LJL said about Jericho's intangibles translating to when he's Champion. Jericho's characteristics and intangibles seem non-existant when he's Champion. Maybe because Jericho just doesn't translate to a "great" Champion. He's good. But he's far from great. Jericho has also been fortunate to stay away from the injury bug in his time with the WWE. There might have been some things here and there, but I don't recall them off the top of my head. You also can't ignore that Jericho took some time off from the ring. Taking almost 2 years off can really give your body a chance to heal up well. It takes a lot of stress off a person too when they take a break like that. That break gave Jericho a lot of time back in a sense. If in 5 years, Triple H and Jericho will still be wrestling, Jericho will still have some gas left in the tank to keep putting on the matches of the calibur he is right now. So taking years off will get you years back down the road. But we can't see those years right now. Jericho may hang it up in 2 years for all we know. Maybe he'll even take another break and come back (in less epic fashion) for a final run of maybe just a year or two. Who knows? That's also a reason why Jericho is more exciting right now. Jericho's style of wrestling is, was, and always will be a little more exciting than Triple H's. So people will gravitate towards that. And again I'll mention that this poll could be a little biased towards Jericho since he did just have some of the best matches of his carreer with Mysterio... and Triple H is in a "main event rut" if you will... with Orton that nobody really seems to give 2 shits. We can't wait for it to end. So we're blinded by these current events, and current storylines, and current matches.

In conclusion... who's better right now? Jericho. Who's more entertaining right now? Jericho. Who even entertains me more right now? Jericho. But this question doesn't cater to "right now." You have to look at full bodies of work. So who REALLY is better? That would be one... Triple H.

JERICHO is BETTER OVERALL!!!

*HHH has a bad history of NOT PUTTING OTHER WRESTLERS OVER!

*JERICHO helps his opponent look good even if the opponent loses!

*HHH is a stale character trapped in time....he needs a character change BADLY!!

*JERICHO is BETTER THAN EVER!!! Jericho has tapped into a better character than he ever was!

*JERICHO WINS THIS POLL!!

JERICHO is BETTER OVERALL!!!

*HHH has a bad history of NOT PUTTING OTHER WRESTLERS OVER!

*JERICHO helps his opponent look good even if the opponent loses!

*HHH is a stale character trapped in time....he needs a character change BADLY!!

*JERICHO is BETTER THAN EVER!!! Jericho has tapped into a better character than he ever was!

*JERICHO WINS THIS POLL!!

1. He has a history of putting people over. He has put over Benoit, Batista, and he even lost to Shelton a couple of times so it's not all bad.

2. Why does HHH need a character change? I would love to see him turn heel but other than that he really doesn't need one.

3. Jericho is somewhat better than HHH right now, but for their whole careers I will still take HHH.

no contest "Y2J"Chris Jericho hands down. He's better in the ring, better on the mic, and better for the long term wrestling business as a whole. His character is fresh, and he makes you want to see what dirty deed he'll do next. He's had some of the best feuds in wrestling history. He has also proven that you don't need to be in the main event or have a major title to be a big star.

When you compare the accomplishments of both men, both are impressive. The sheer number of titles won is enough to guarantee both men will go into the WWE Hall of Fame someday. Just going by title wins, however, doesn't equal greatness. Both these men have that already with or without numerous title reigns.

Triple H is a 13 time world champion, it's very impressive. Overall, it's probably Triple H's biggest claim to cement himself among the "all-time greats" in the history of wrestling. He's been involved in some of the biggest angles in the history of the company, had big matches against most of the biggest stars to ever be in a WWE ring over the past 25 years.

Christ Jericho is a 5 time world champion, including one reign as the WWF Undisputed Champion of which he was the first. Jericho has also won a truckload of mid-card titles including 9 IC championship reigns. Jericho has also been involved in a number of high profile feuds, has worked some of the most solid matches in the WWE over the past decade.

In terms of overall in-ring ability, the edge clearly falls to Jericho. Jericho is a decent high flyer that's not afraid to take the high risk move now and again. As a student of Stu Hart, Jericho is well schooled in both mat techniques and submission maneuvers. Triple H prefers a more power based offense in the ring and, while he is the stronger of the two, is much more limited in the ring. Triple H is rarely ever one for high spots, you'll never see him do a suicide dive over the top rope or a moonsault. Overall, Jericho is simply more exciting to watch in the ring and is more versaltile.

As to who the bigger draw is, neither guy has really been what you could call a massive draw. However, given the WWE's boom period in the second half of the 90s and the first few years of this decade, I'd probably have to give drawing potential overall throughout their careers to Triple H.

As far as mic work goes, I'm going to have to give it to Jericho. Jericho as a face could exhilerate a crowd with every word his said. As a face, his work on the mic was full of energy and pizzazz that was such a tradmark for a long time. Triple H as a face I think tries to act like too much of a clown. It worked great back during the 90s when DX was at their peak. Hunter was a younger man and it was a different time. The last several years, particularly during the DX reformation with HBK, Triple H did skits, impressions, made jokes that just didn't vibe with him anymore since he spent much of this decade building himself as "The Game". "The Game" is this power hungry, merciless, manipulative control freak that sees himself as the center of the business. As a heel, Triple H tried to focus on projecting himself as the ultimate badass where as Jericho projects himself as just a physically, intellectually and morally superior human being. Jericho is arguably the best heel in wrestling today because he makes people hate him. As a heel, Triple H never made me hate him.

Overall, I'm probably going to have to go with Jericho. When I think about him over the course of his career, particularly the past 10 years, I've just enjoyed seeing and hearing him more. While Jericho may not ultimately be the mover and the shaker that Triple H has been, while he hasn't been involved in as many epic feuds, Jericho can have a good match with just about anyone.

Triple H sometimes gets hate, sometimes it's warranted and sometimes it's not. Triple H is talented, you don't get to become as big of a star in the industry as he is without having a good amount of talent. However, Triple H is also a well known backstage politician. Whether or not anyone believes his relationship with Stephanie McMahon was to improve his career, the fact of the matter is that his career has improved dramatically since then. I feel that Triple H has kept himself within the world title spotlight too long. It's gotten stale, very stale. Triple H's backstage politics, his involvement with the Kliq, the part he played with the Montreal Screwjob and yes, the fact that he's been boning the boss' daughter for roughly a decade has lost him respect among wrestlers and some fans alike.

That being said, when it's all said and done, the WWE will always put Triple H above Jericho if you were to ask the WWE to rank its superstars. Might not necessarily be fair, but it is what it is.

Y2J all the way! HHH's character is getting boring while Jericho is still hot, but i guess that is because he is a heel while HHH seems to be a face and heel sometimes. Jericho has gotten here without having to be involved with backstage politics. He seems to make everyone look good when he wrestles (although I have not seen every match of his) while look at HHH vs Orton in that Last Man Standing Match several weeks ago. That was pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back