• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho in TNA?

No way he comes to TNA instead of WWE. He has such an amazing WWE career, he is loyal to this company, he's never gonna jump ship and tarnish his legacy. Why would he leave all that he has now for freakin TNA?

He'd be a fantastic acquisition – the biggest since Angle, if you ask me – but I'm not sure how viable an option it is for him, honestly, as I'd imagine he's taking time off from wrestling in general (not just the WWE) to work with his band, likely touring and on a new album, but in the event he's not, I'd absolutely love to watch Jericho debut in the TNA.

The only thing I'm not entirely sure of is whether or not he'd actually be able to debut as Jericho, and not as Chris Irvine, as I'm not sure whether or not "Jericho" is intellectual property of WWE's, seeing as they likely inherited it in the WCW sale.

Jericho is one of the best workers in the business, and TNA, I'd imagine, would benefit greatly from having a man of his stature working with their young boys.

Well said my man, took the letters right off my keyboard.
And I think Chris does own all his intellectual property, otherwise he could've never debuted as Chris Jericho in WWE in 1999.

See whenever this kinda 'goin to TNA' news springs, all I can think about are the dream matches.
Jericho vs Styles
Jericho vs Wolfe

Jericho vs Joe...ooooooooooohhhh yeahh!!!

I hope he has a little run.

And if TNA f*ck up his storylines and bookings, mehh
his legacy is too big and incredible to tarnish anyway

No way he comes to TNA instead of WWE. He has such an amazing WWE career, he is loyal to this company, he's never gonna jump ship and tarnish his legacy. Why would he leave all that he has now for freakin TNA?

Why don't you ask Kurt Angle? Is his career tarnished? Hell no. Why? Because he's a great wrestler. A great wrestler is a great wrestler anywhere he goes. You know a bad one when he's great in one company and blows in another. I.E Jeff Hardy.

He would be a top asset in TNA. What do they have to offer? Yes, they do have a very easy schedule, many of the wrestlers there Jericho has worked with and has developed a relationships outside of wrestling with. His music is number 1 to him. He has all the money he will ever need. Now, having said that, if he did jump to TNA, he would have to drop the Jericho name and be at the mercy of the writing of that creative team, which is suspect at best. Best advice, STAY AWAY! TNA cannot even utilize their top stars correctly for more than a few months.

You TNA marks/fans(whatever yall like to be called) crack me up :lol::lol::lol: I mean really anytime someone gets realesed or in Chris's casemight be taking time off from WWE theres ALWAYS a thread about them coming to TNA. Why would Chris go TNA when he's at the top in WWE its like being in the NFL and then going to Arena Football. When Chris hangs up the boots it'll be in WWE(hopefully he gets the sendoff he deserves instead of a Bastia-JBL send-off) then he'll focus on his Music career which he's really good at.
Would he be a great asset Yes He's Chris Jericho Of course will he step foot in a TNA ring or studio oh sorry arena NO. Chris is to loyal to WWE like Shawn Michaels, but if Hell freezes over and pigs start to fly and the acclopyse starts to happen then Chris might go to TNA wait what in the hell am i talking about by that time TNA won't even be around

You TNA marks/fans(whatever yall like to be called) crack me up :lol::lol::lol: I mean really anytime someone gets realesed or in Chris's casemight be taking time off from WWE theres ALWAYS a thread about them coming to TNA. Why would Chris go TNA when he's at the top in WWE its like being in the NFL and then going to Arena Football. When Chris hangs up the boots it'll be in WWE(hopefully he gets the sendoff he deserves instead of a Bastia-JBL send-off) then he'll focus on his Music career which he's really good at.
Would he be a great asset Yes He's Chris Jericho Of course will he step foot in a TNA ring or studio oh sorry arena NO. Chris is to loyal to WWE like Shawn Michaels, but if Hell freezes over and pigs start to fly and the acclopyse starts to happen then Chris might go to TNA wait what in the hell am i talking about by that time TNA won't even be around

Anything can happen in the wrestling business peep4life. Even your beloved Christian was NWA Champion in TNA, so don't think for one second it is "beneath" Jericho or anyone to come there. Jericho will more than likely take time off this fall if the reports are true. If his game show is a success I predict we will see him spend more time with his band and on television then in a wrestling ring.

Jericho brings great talent and charisma anywhere he goes and he isn't completely against the idea of TNA so far. We might not want to hold our breath seeing him in TNA, but its not like the option is impossible to see.

Anything can happen in the wrestling business peep4life. Even your beloved Christian was NWA Champion in TNA, so don't think for one second it is "beneath" Jericho or anyone to come there.

Kenny your one of if not the only TNA fans i respect because you dont bash people all time when they say something bad about TNA.
I know Christian was TNA champ and I Loved TNA as much as i did WWE when Christian was there to me it was better but when Christian left and Hogan and Eric came in it got worse to me and i just dont like it anymore but ill admit i went alitle to far on comments so i apgolize for them expect about everytime someones realesed or in Jerichos case these threads are always made i stand by that comment but i still dont see Jericho EVER going to TNA but if he does i'll be the first to admit in was worng

he wont leave WWE for TNA...hes a loyal guy to the WWE and I personally think he won't go to TNA...he probably will take some time off..but eventually he'll come back!

this brings me back to the saddest moment ever which will in my mind, be the same fate as Chris Jericho.

Wrestlemania 25. Where JBL lsto Rey Mysterio in an intercontinental title match. after the 21 second match, JBL officialy quit.

I was sad when JBL left, and i was crushed. I didnt really give a crap about Batista, but this is what might happen to Chris Jericho. Everybody has their opinions, but in my
mind, Chris Jericho will not go to TNA. He's already done and ready to relax. So TNA might not be the best for him. Kurt Angle, Sting, AJ Styles (my favorite TNA superstar) they have enough talent at this time , so TNA is good enough with that. they just dont need Jericho at this
point, and Jericho doesnt need them. So that is that

Are you absolutely certain that WWE owns the Jericho name? If they didn't like him doing that game show, they could have stopped him from going by Chris Jericho on the air.

I thought, and I could be wrong, that he owns the rights to the name, came up with the whole Y2J introduction angle when he left WCW for the WWE.

That said, to avoid spamming here, I don't see Jericho tarnishing his legacy with TNA. They're not a well run organization at this point, and there's no benefit to him putting his body and health on the line for a show that isn't drawing viewers right now. Unless he REALLY likes their money offers, I don't see it happening. He's got to be drawing a nice income from the 'E', Fozzy and his Gameshow at this point.

I think the issue of whether he owns the Chris Jericho name is pretty mute since he's been using the name since at least Japan and ECW from my memory. He's gone on plenty of non-WWE related programming on VH1 and the new game show as Chris Jericho. So, I would imagine he owns the name.

That being said...

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT ******* MIND WOULDN'T WANT CHRIS JERICHO ON THEIR ROSTER? I don't care if the man is 40, 50, or 60. Jericho can add so much backstage to help the other wrestlers improve their game and especially work on their characters. TNA would be idiots not to pursue Chris Jericho. Jericho can help bring viewers in with some of his other pursuits while providing TNA fans with some great moments. Give Jericho a mic and let him work his magic.

HOWEVER, I see a few roadblocks to this situation:

1) He is somewhat loyal to WWE. To my recollection, Jericho has never caused a lot of backstage heat or thrown a temper-tantrum when he didn't get what he wanted. He's one of the guys in the back that goes with the flow and works to better the overall product no matter what. Even when he's not being used properly, he continues to turn in good to great performances.

2) He might simply be tired of professional wrestling period. What else is there really for him to do? He's been the world champion on the biggest promotion that wrestling has ever seen. He's achieved records no one will likely duplicate. And he's worked against a lot of the top superstars this industry has produced in the last 15 years. The injuries have got to be nagging him, and if you were given a choice to be a game show host and a wrestler with money not being an issue, you'd seriously have to give that some thought.

3) Will TNA use him properly? I'm not sure how his relationship is with Eric Bischoff, but if Bischoff and Hogan have the power, Jericho might be hesitant to make the jump considering his WCW experience. If someone like Paul Heyman had "the book and the power," Jericho would probably be a little less hesitant. I'm not saying Bischoff and Hogan would keep Jericho from joining TNA, but Jericho must have that dark thought in the back of his head about the people in charge.

Personally, I would love to see Chris Jericho in TNA for nothing else than just to see what would happen. Would Jericho/Styles tear down the roof? Could Jericho help with mainstream credibility for the TNA brand? How would Jericho help promote some of the younger talent TNA has and possibly will have? But I have a hard time believing that Chris Jericho will be in TNA anytime within the next 12 months. I believe the man simply wants to explore other things, and most likely, Jericho will remain with the WWE.

Personally, I would love to see Chris Jericho in TNA for nothing else than just to see what would happen. Would Jericho/Styles tear down the roof? Could Jericho help with mainstream credibility for the TNA brand? How would Jericho help promote some of the younger talent TNA has and possibly will have? But I have a hard time believing that Chris Jericho will be in TNA anytime within the next 12 months. I believe the man simply wants to explore other things, and most likely, Jericho will remain with the WWE.

Wow, I like your line of thinking, however, I'd hate to put Jericho in that position for the sake of saying "What would happen if.....".

He's an incredible asset to any promotion he's employed by, he's an amazing person to have the varied interests and pursuits he has. And yes, he's a huge benefit backstage with the younger talent. That said, does he WANT to be the sage? The man on the mountain spouting off life's meaning? And really, do WE as fans want him tarnishing his image and legacy by going to what is quite honestly the "d" show. I rank TNA behind Raw, Smackdown, PPV's and Superstars right now. I like the talent, I don't like the production.

Honestly, for a man who has given so much to Professional Wrestling, I'd like to see him go out in a blaze of glory. Not Batista-style. He needs a short run as a face, let the fans LOVE him again and then go out. I know, I know, he's a better heel, etc. BUT, this is a guy who has done so much for so many without the complaints and crying, without having to be the #1 guy every week, he deserves to go out with some love.

Why exactly is Jericho loyal to wwe like people keep saying? He got noticed by WCW while working in ECW so it is not like WWE is all he has known. He took over 2 years off recently when the WWE really could have used him. Now they show him they are not too loyal to any outside project, so why is he going to be loyal to them again?

this brings me back to the saddest moment ever which will in my mind, be the same fate as Chris Jericho.

Wrestlemania 25. Where JBL lsto Rey Mysterio in an intercontinental title match. after the 21 second match, JBL officialy quit.

I was sad when JBL left, and i was crushed. I didnt really give a crap about Batista, but this is what might happen to Chris Jericho. Everybody has their opinions, but in my
mind, Chris Jericho will not go to TNA. He's already done and ready to relax. So TNA might not be the best for him. Kurt Angle, Sting, AJ Styles (my favorite TNA superstar) they have enough talent at this time , so TNA is good enough with that. they just dont need Jericho at this
point, and Jericho doesnt need them. So that is that
You do realize that JBL wanted to go out that way, right?

Why exactly is Jericho loyal to wwe like people keep saying? He got noticed by WCW while working in ECW so it is not like WWE is all he has known. He took over 2 years off recently when the WWE really could have used him. Now they show him they are not too loyal to any outside project, so why is he going to be loyal to them again?

He's loyal to WWE in the sense that there is a mutual understanding and sense of respect. However I don't see it wrong for Chris Jericho to someday decide to take a different road and "give back" to the wrestling business by doing more than just pushing younger talent for the company he's worked for so many years. Not to mention that it also benefits him as it gives him the freedom to his other projects. If Mick Foley has a change in view by just being yelled dumb things to his headphone, then it really isn't that unlikely for Chis to decide to go elsewhere.

I think Chris would be tna champion and also could have another good fued with kurt angle .I would have to see a y2j vs aj styles match I think they would tear the house down

On Impact a long time ago Mike Tenay read a polling cell phone question like who will face BLANK on the BLANK ppv and the fourth answer was Chris Jericho. Jericho was asked how he felt about TNA bringing up his name and he said that he liked having hes name still being brought up. He was a free agent at this time. Point is that I am very sure he could use the name Jericho.

Jericho seems to be a "company guy" to me, much like hbk, taker, trips. I could never see him going to any other company. Its sort of ironic how during his debut he was going to "save" raw but it was the wwe that actually sort of saved jericho from wcw. This is why i cant see him in tna, eventhough it would be awesome aj vs jericho

As much as I would love to see Chris Jericho in TNA, i'm sure it's never going to happen. If he was going to jump ship, it would have been the first time that he was released in WWE. I also don't think if this was part of his plans, he ever would have came back to the WWE in the first place, and he would've been signed and would've stayed signed by now from TNA. This would be something that I would love to see though!

I've always said he'd be the guy I'd most like to see from WWE, in TNA. It won't happen though sadly.

If it's one thing Chris is, it's smart. I can imagine he wouldn't want to possibly ruin any legacy he's made with WWE by risking it all and going elsewhere. He'll know when to call it a day in the ring. He's smart enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back