Chikara star Bret Race signs with TNA?

Well it's actually quite simple, this "news" is from figure four. Figure four are usually full of shit and/or straight out wrong when it comes to TNA therefore it's fairly safe to assume that it's not true. That being said there's an outside chance but I can't see any way this douche managed to snag a deal when they've just gotten rid of Young and they're more or less the same sort of character.

I believe Young had decided to take the pay-cut after all. Though I did get it from the wrestlezone website, so you might want to take that for what its worth. :shrug:

But wow. Funny responses from everyone over this supposed signing. Don't lose your shit over this, guys. :D

This thread has been in the toilet. You're all big boys and girls, I'm not sorting it out.

IDR's point was: Imagine that WWE signed Eric Young, that it was billed as "WWE Signs Top TNA Star," and WWE fans who had never seen TNA concluded that Super Eric was one of TNA's top guys. What would they think of TNA?

TNA isn't much more than a glorified indy, but even without the Spike contract, they're a top indy, up there with ROH and Dragon Gate and PWG, usually getting 1000 people at their shows. The Chikara show, in a bar, looked like there may have been 50 people there.

My only real contribution is this. It's not that unreasonable that Quackenbush would sign to do some TNA matches, or matches for ROH or PWG or Maryland Championsihp Wrestling. "Founder of Chikara" doesn't make you big enough in the wrestling landscape that you turn down paydays.

Kay, first things first, Bret Race is nobody in CHIKARA. Nobody. He literally debuted like a year ago, and has I believe a grand total of maybe two victories in that span of time. Maybe. So calling him a CHIKARA standout or star is ridiculous, because he's neither. He's an indy talent who worked a few shows for them, doing nothing.

First, he's more over than anyone in that promotion. Secondly, I just used the title from the website as it was.

This post just reeks to the high heavens of pretentious arrogance, worse than that unfounded arrogance. You act like TNA isn't a glorified indy promotion. CHIKARA shows routinely have better turnouts than 99.9% of TNA house shows, which are lucky to draw 300 people.

I imagine this will mean nothing in the long run. A few jobber appearances here and there, about it I surmise.

This post reeks of high ignorance considering TNA draws over 5,000 in larger cities and draws about 600 in small suburban areas. I would love to see CHIKARA attempt to sellout a baseball field instead of a high school gym.

Saying CHIKARA has better turnouts than TNA is laughable and just know we are not laughing with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back