Chavo Guerrero released

When was that stupid story with Hornswoggle? Chavo seemed to get that way over. Not quite sure how he did that if he is incapable of anything besides wrestling.

His first stop will most likely be WWC before settling in ROH, TNA or AAA. And rightfully so too. Jobbing to a midget. Placed in an eagle suit. It's like they thought he was Hector Guerrero.

So he asked for his release. Fair enough. If you're not happy, you're not happy.

So, when you say "this is bullshit", it's just because you're throwing a temper tantrum that something you like no longer exists? Well, then it's bullshit Alf got canceled when I was a child, ignoring the fact ratings tanked in the last two seasons. And it's bullshit that Boston Legal got canceled because the network couldn't make enough advertising money off of them. And it's bullshit Friends went off the air because some of the actors wanted to do different things in their career.

All of that is bullshit. Why? Because I liked those things. :rolleyes:

"Temper tantrum" is a bit strong. But nice try at belittling me.

I wrote my original post when I didn't know that he asked for his release, so obviously I don't feel that it's bullshit now. I'm happy for him. But if he hadn't asked to be released, I would feel that it was bullshit. Because I enjoy his work and I think that there are people more deserving of being released.

And most other people in this world think he's not a very entertaining worker, so they feel he is correctly rated or even overrated.

Glad we settled that.

Yes, but their opinions don't matter.

This is probably a result of not putting up good matches with Sin Cara and there being a lot of workers on the roster.

Chavo was a solid, hardworking performer but nothing special. Usually the type of guy that gets cut. He always entertained me, though.

EDIT: Just realized that he asked for his release. Oh well, it becomes hard to put up with one bad performer after another and getting the flak for bad peformances when there is little Chavo could have done to salvage those bad performances.

I looked at more of his tweets in another thread. Looks like he did quit but the general tone is more lighthearted IMO than it comes off in just the three tweets we have in this thread.

"Temper tantrum" is a bit strong. But nice try at belittling me.
What else would you call it?

I wrote my original post when I didn't know that he asked for his release, so obviously I don't feel that it's bullshit now. I'm happy for him.
Understandable. But let's talk about your next line.

But if he hadn't asked to be released, I would feel that it was bullshit. Because I enjoy his work and I think that there are people more deserving of being released.
But...that's YOU. Not everyone else. So, like I said, it's a temper tantrum.

Yes, but their opinions don't matter.
For a minute there, you scared me. I almost thought you were like me. Then I remembered your posts in this thread lack maturity and solid reasoning, so I feel better again. ;)

There have been several times when he's been given the opportunity to score major points with the TV audience. The only time I feel as if he ever got close was with Kerwin White, and then his "Uncle Eddie" killed that gimmick with his death back in 05.
Kerwin White was a ridiculous gimmick.

I feel Chavo has had the opportunities. He was even the ECW World Champion at one point, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, as part of La Familia with Edge, Vicky, Major Brothers & Bam Neely. He lost the title to Kane in 8 seconds after holding it for a little over two months. Though to be fair, he did beat CM Punk for it, if only because Edge interfered.

But that's not even what I'm talking about. I just mean that I figured he would be more mature about the situation. I was just surprised he wasn't.
He's a proud man who's watched green talents get pushed instead of him and do ridiculous jobs and spots with Hornswaggle and Swagger. Foley was disagreeable about TNA's future. They're kind of different circumstances.

Kerwin White was a ridiculous gimmick.
But it was working. Mick Foley made a Hall of Fame career out of ridiculous gimmicks.

He's a proud man who's watched green talents get pushed instead of him and do ridiculous jobs and spots with Hornswaggle and Swagger. Foley was disagreeable about TNA's future. They're kind of different circumstances.
Not really. Guerrero grew up with wrestling. He's been in the business for years. Surely he understands that not everyone is supposed to be a Superstar, that some guys are there to make those with the ability to be a Superstar look good. It's a concept which has been around in wrestling since the beginning.

Guerrero is a guy that will always be there to make others look good. He doesn't have the charisma to be a top guy, he doesn't have the look, and he just doesn't have the so-called "IT" factor it takes to be the head of a company. He made good money, and there are plenty of guys who would be happy with that.

What else would you call it?

Mild annoyance? "Temper tantrum" evokes the idea of a small child bawling their eyes out.

But...that's YOU. Not everyone else. So, like I said, it's a temper tantrum.

Yes, that IS me. I think we have a different outlook when it comes to wrestling. You like what draws, I like what specifically entertains me.

For a minute there, you scared me. I almost thought you were like me. Then I remembered your posts in this thread lack maturity and solid reasoning, so I feel better again. ;)

You're wrong. Not about us being alike (thank God), but about the maturity and solid reasoning remark. I will always back the idea of subjectivity in wrestling critique. That is - and will always be - my "solid reasoning".

Chavo's series of matches with Mysterio in 2004 were also pretty entertaining.

He always had great matches with Rey. He got really over as a heel in that feud too, so I'm not sure why people think he can't get over or some shit.

I'm really happy/excited for Chavo man. He sounds excited and I'm a fan of his, so I'm excited. I can't wait to see him go out and wrestle a match without all of the WWE restrictions in the ring placed on him, it's going to be great to see. Fuck I could see the guy being a major player for a company like ROH or even TNA if he wanted to. The Guerrero name is a seriously marketable one when you've got a relatively young guy like Chavo.

He isn't going to be a major player in TNA. I am not sure I would call 40 "relatively young." He can go to AAA or ROH and rebuild some credibility and then I would not mind seeing him get a Doug Williams-esque run in TNA. I think that is about the most he can hope for but I suspect he would be happy with that. I think he just wants to rebuild some respect as his career winds down.

Mild annoyance? "Temper tantrum" evokes the idea of a small child bawling their eyes out.
A mild annoyance is a gnat buzzing around your face. No one says "This is bullshit" to gnats.

Yes, that IS me. I think we have a different outlook when it comes to wrestling. You like what draws, I like what specifically entertains me.
Completely untrue. I like what specifically entertains me as well. I'm just able to separate what entertains me from what entertains the masses.

Do you see the difference?

You're wrong. Not about us being alike (thank God), but about the maturity and solid reasoning remark.
It was a joke. Nothing more.

But it was working. Mick Foley made a Hall of Fame career out of ridiculous gimmicks.
Was it? I wasn't watching at the time, so someone else might need to back you up on that. As for Mick Foley, he played a psychopath (Cactus Jack), sociopath (Mankind), and whatever the hell Dude Love was. None of those were ridiculous gimmicks in and of themselves.

Not really. Guerrero grew up with wrestling. He's been in the business for years. Surely he understands that not everyone is supposed to be a Superstar, that some guys are there to make those with the ability to be a Superstar look good. It's a concept which has been around in wrestling since the beginning.
Sure he understands that. He appears to disagree with him being one of them.

He made good money, and there are plenty of guys who would be happy with that.
Sure they would. But I think Triple H said it best once "If you're not here to be World Champion, what are you here for?"

Chavo has never struck me as the kind of guy just in it for a pay-check. He's a Guerrero after all. It's an entire dynasty of talented wrestlers who live for the business.

The Guerrero name is a seriously marketable one when you've got a relatively young guy like Chavo.

Relatively young? Not trying to start anything with you, but I think this was a slight case of erroneous speaking. Chavo will be 41 in October, and he's been on national television since 1996. There's really nothing relatively young about Chavo in the wrestling business.

It's a minor point, but important when discussing his future.

He isn't going to be a major player in TNA. I am not sure I would call 40 "relatively young." He can go to AAA or ROH and rebuild some credibility and then I would not mind seeing him get a Doug Williams-esque run in TNA. I think that is about the most he can hope for but I suspect he would be happy with that. I think he just wants to rebuild some respect as his career winds down.

Relatively young? Not trying to start anything with you, but I think this was a slight case of erroneous speaking. Chavo will be 41 in October, and he's been on national television since 1996. There's really nothing relatively young about Chavo in the wrestling business.

It's a minor point, but important when discussing his future.

He isn't young enough to be promoted as a major player but he could be an upper card heel in ROH.

Key word: relatively young. As in, in relation to other Guerrero family members like Hector. That's why I used the word relatively. When Hector came to TNA they couldn't exactly push him as a wrestler, but they could do that if Chavo came to TNA. 'Twas my only point, I wasn't trying to imply he was some young rookie or some shit.

Was it? I wasn't watching at the time, so someone else might need to back you up on that.
It was. It got pretty good heat in its infancy, but Eddie's death killed it before it could really have any staying powers.

As for Mick Foley, he played a psychopath (Cactus Jack), sociopath (Mankind), and whatever the hell Dude Love was. None of those were ridiculous gimmicks in and of themselves.
Uhh...yes, yes they were. They were incredibly ridiculous gimmicks. Have you ever seen the vignettes for Mankind? And what about Dude Love? Or the fact he entered the Royal Rumble as 3 different characters in 1999?

No, they were definitely ridiculous gimmicks. Foley was just good enough to make them work.

Sure he understands that. He appears to disagree with him being one of them.
Then he has an incredibly bloated sense of his worth.

Sure they would. But I think Triple H said it best once "If you're not here to be World Champion, what are you here for?"
That's easy for someone like Triple H to say. But not everyone has the ability Triple H has to become a World Champion. Not everyone is willing to shoot the gallons of steroids in their body that Triple H did. Not everyone has the charisma Triple H has.

Sure, everyone should be shooting for being the very best, but realistically, it will not happen for 99% of people, no matter what occupation you're in. I love basketball, played it all the time when I was a kid, but no matter how much I worked, no matter how long or how hard I practiced, I was never going to be as good as LeBron James is. It just wasn't going to happen for me. Does that mean I should get pissed off when I don't make the billions of dollars he does? Of course not. I just recognize he's a lot better at basketball than me.

Just like there are guys in wrestling a lot better suited for the spotlight than Chavo.

Key word: relatively young. As in, in relation to other Guerrero family members like Hector. That's why I used the word relatively. When Hector came to TNA they couldn't exactly push him as a wrestler, but they could do that if Chavo came to TNA. 'Twas my only point, I wasn't trying to imply he was some young rookie or some shit.

But in your original statement you said,

xfearbefore said:
Fuck I could see the guy being a major player for a company like ROH or even TNA if he wanted to. The Guerrero name is a seriously marketable one when you've got a relatively young guy like Chavo.

which would indicate that you meant relative to ROH and TNA talent. Perhaps it was just poor wording on your part, but when you speak of relative age in wrestling, you usually speak of those who are actually wrestling, not of those who aren't.

I believe you if you say that is what you meant. I think on something like this you would admit it if you had been mistaken. I'm just saying it was poor wording.

Chavo drew heat when given the chance but was never given faith as more than a midcarder. That said, I won't shed tears over this or anything. There are quite a few other underused people I'd prefer to watch at this point. Hope he lands well.

But in your original statement you said,

which would indicate that you meant relative to ROH and TNA talent. Perhaps it was just poor wording on your part, but when you speak of relative age in wrestling, you usually speak of those who are actually wrestling, not of those who aren't.

I believe you if you say that is what you meant. I think on something like this you would admit it if you had been mistaken. I'm just saying it was poor wording.

I never meant to indicate that he was relatively young in relation to the talent in ROH and TNA. Again, I was referencing in relation to the ages of the other surviving Guerrero family members. I was talking about the marketability of the Guerrero name, and being Chavo's age is certainly more beneficial to that in comparison to when they signed Hector. That's all I meant, maybe it was a poor choice of words but I thought I was being pretty clear.

It was. It got pretty good heat in its infancy, but Eddie's death killed it before it could really have any staying powers.
*shrugs* like I said, if xfear or someone else involved in this discussion can back you up...

Uhh...yes, yes they were. They were incredibly ridiculous gimmicks. Have you ever seen the vignettes for Mankind? And what about Dude Love?
So Cactus Jack is a decent gimmick? As for Mankind, he feuded with Undertaker starting out in '96, right? When they were still in the New Generation phase? Uncolored by the Attitude Era, I'd say those vignettes weren't that bad. And the Dude Love appearance in the WWF came out of Mankind's discussions with Jim Ross of his home-video tapes, if I remember correctly.

Or the fact he entered the Royal Rumble as 3 different characters in 1999?
I watched that Rumble a few weeks back. Probably one of the few highlights of that one.

No, they were definitely ridiculous gimmicks. Foley was just good enough to make them work.

Then he has an incredibly bloated sense of his worth.
*shrugs* That's one opinion.

Sure, everyone should be shooting for being the very best, but realistically, it will not happen for 99% of people, no matter what occupation you're in.
Doesn't matter if it happens or not. You should still shoot for the best, be it in a sport, a job, a relationship, whatever.

I love basketball, played it all the time when I was a kid, but no matter how much I worked, no matter how long or how hard I practiced, I was never going to be as good as LeBron James is. It just wasn't going to happen for me. Does that mean I should get pissed off when I don't make the billions of dollars he does? Of course not. I just recognize he's a lot better at basketball than me.
You were a kid. Unless you decided to play pro ball and dropped out, I don't think comparing you to LeBron is the same as comparing Chavo to Cena or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back