Chavo Guerrero Released

Well it's not surprising, but he was kept longer because of his name than anything else.
Last time Chavo was credible was in 2007-08 and since WrestleMania 24 he's done NOTHING... good for him he's not a bad wrestler but he's nothing special.

I think he'd work better in TNA with the X-Division talent anyways.

I'm LMFAO!

I would love to meet the guy who makes these shitty decisions. Does Vince just look on a list and randomly say
"I will released #28"
"But, Vince, Triple H is #28"
"And? Release him!"

Seriously, come on. I think I can almost, no, 99.9% guarantee that he didn't think about who he was, but just thought fuck it I'll get rid of him.

Please Vince, sack yourself and let Triple H take your bloody place as chairman. Personally, I think fame has got to Vince's head and thinks he can do anything.

As others mentioned, the X-division is a possibility for him. As part of that I think he'd actually make a good addition to the Mexican American stable. He can cut a better promo than Hernandez or that other guy I can't even remember.

Chavo had a better carrer than most guys ever did. He won multiple championships in wcw and wwe. His crusierweight reigns in wwe were pretty good. I'm sure he will end up somewhere, and I'm sure he has $$$ saved up, so he can choose which and what opportunities in business to do. A lot of people r saying tna roh, but chavo could easily go to mexico and wrestle there.

Not a huge loss for the WWE on any front, though it's definitely surprising. Chavo has been loyal to WWE, he's always done whatever has been asked of him so one has to wonder exactly what it was that ultimately broke the proverbial camel's back.

I see a lot of "he'll get treated right in TNA" comments and it makes me wonder why someone would make such an automatic assumption. After all, Tommy Dreamer wasn't used any better in TNA than he was in WWE. In truth, Dreamer played the same role in TNA as he did in WWE: jobbing out to other talent while continuing to ride the coat tails of the ECW legacy. Matt Hardy isn't exactly setting the world on fire himself in TNA. His role has been exactly the same: come out, work a match, mostly job out with a win every so often while riding the coat tails of his brother Jeff. He did the same thing in WWE that he's been doing in TNA. The only difference is that Matt Hardy hasn't made his internet rants against TNA as he did against WWE.

Like those other two I mentioned, Chavo Guerrero is someone that probably made a good amount of money working in WWE. He's probably secure financially so I won't be at all surprised to see him rant and rave about WWE. After all, becoming wealthy in WWE before bashing them after leaving and/or being released is the usual trend here.

Maybe Chavo's career didn't ultimately turn out the way he'd hoped. For a lot of guys, that's how it's gonna turn out. Not everybody is going to be a main eventer. Truth is, not everybody deserves to be a main eventer. Chavo is someone that can be depended on to put out good matches but c'mon people, let's not pretend that Chavo was pegged to be a main eventer at any point in his career here in the states.

Wow i´m surprised really.I dont understand the WWE.I think that Chavo is a real good wrestler.It´s asshame that a lot of good wrestlers are leaving the WWE.It even looks like they dont care about the wrestling anymore but about the looks.That wrestlers like Chavo,Edge,Shawn Michaels,Triple H,The Undertaker,Chris Jericho are leaving is really bad news..And people like Cm Punk,Rey Mysterio and a bunch of other wrestlers want to leave also.Thats fucked up :(

I hope Chavo goes somewhere and is treated better than WCW and WWE.

I always think of his crazy character in WCW, riding around ringside on a hobby horse named pepé. It was so dumb. He's always been used for comedy even when he isn't funny. He's always the butt of the joke.

Don't know if TNA will treat him any different. TNA isn't known for radically changing characters from the WWE days.

Wherever he goes, I hope he receives the right attention from the crowd for being a hard worker and good wrestler.

Why do marks who didn't watch wrestling before the year 2000 continue to post on this board? Chavo was one of the top cruiserwieghts in WCW for a while. He was over until the WWE decided to job him to that midget Hornswaggle.

Chavo was misused and abused in the WWE. I'd love to see him goto TNA, or ROH for that matter.

One of the tops cruiserweights in WCW, dude when the cruiserweight divison was awesome Chavo was a skinny little green kid riding Eddie's coattails, he was finally "top cruiserweight" in WCW near the end when it was a joke. I watched WCW back then when he had fuckin pay pay.

Honestly I got a question for you, the guy that's praising how great Chavo is, would Chavo make ROH or TNA more money, or would anyone who isn't currently watching either of them start because of Chavo?

Chavo is a jobber to midcard talent, the only reason he had a job for so long was because of Eddie. Last time I say him live he wrestled MVP and fuck the entire match up, at one point in the match you could even hear MVP say come on Chavo.(Dark Match before Bragging Rights)
The guy doesn't draw a fuckin dime, and he was just holding up a spot a much more deserved wrestler could have.

No the WWE put him in a spot where he wasn't used correctly and as you've read by now he was tired of it. He might not have been as talented as Eddie, but he was and still is a great in ring performer.

From one of his tweets:

People asking what I'm gonna do now..I'm gonna stay home and be a Dad. :) going to watch my son's football practice now. :) Happy!

Son's Football practice, eh? 90 day no compete, which is a WWE standard for releases, would make a return any time after September 22nd. Teams are done with practice and into games by then.

Hrmmm... TNA perhaps? Since the WWE wouldn't do an 90 day no compete for ROH. Makes sense.

Meh, no one should really care. Was he underutilized, yes but Chavo never done much for me to say I will miss him on my TV screen. Chavo was a great athlete, but to be honest, he wasn't anything special. Just because he was a Guerrero doesn't mean they should have kept paying him to make appearances at house shows and whatnot. Not a loss for WWE and or even a loss for Chavo Guerrero. Now he can continue wrestling all over the world and build his credibility back up. Hell, TNA isn't a bad option. Good luck Chavo.

Not a huge loss for the WWE on any front, though it's definitely surprising. Chavo has been loyal to WWE, he's always done whatever has been asked of him so one has to wonder exactly what it was that ultimately broke the proverbial camel's back.

I see a lot of "he'll get treated right in TNA" comments and it makes me wonder why someone would make such an automatic assumption. After all, Tommy Dreamer wasn't used any better in TNA than he was in WWE. In truth, Dreamer played the same role in TNA as he did in WWE: jobbing out to other talent while continuing to ride the coat tails of the ECW legacy. Matt Hardy isn't exactly setting the world on fire himself in TNA. His role has been exactly the same: come out, work a match, mostly job out with a win every so often while riding the coat tails of his brother Jeff. He did the same thing in WWE that he's been doing in TNA. The only difference is that Matt Hardy hasn't made his internet rants against TNA as he did against WWE.

Like those other two I mentioned, Chavo Guerrero is someone that probably made a good amount of money working in WWE. He's probably secure financially so I won't be at all surprised to see him rant and rave about WWE. After all, becoming wealthy in WWE before bashing them after leaving and/or being released is the usual trend here.

Maybe Chavo's career didn't ultimately turn out the way he'd hoped. For a lot of guys, that's how it's gonna turn out. Not everybody is going to be a main eventer. Truth is, not everybody deserves to be a main eventer. Chavo is someone that can be depended on to put out good matches but c'mon people, let's not pretend that Chavo was pegged to be a main eventer at any point in his career here in the states.

I agree it's not like TNA...Impact (or whatever it is called this week) is going to put the title on Chavo and make him the face of their company. Everybody that has went to TNA from WWE that has held their title was champions in WWE except for Anderson and he would have been a WWE champion more than likely had he stayed and Matt Morgan is far from the same wrestler he was when he was in WWE, complete turnaround. Dreamer, Hardy, Pope, Kendrick, Orlando Jordan and Shannon Moore are all for the most part in the same roles they were in WWE they just get a little more TV time due to the strength of the roster. Do I think Chavo will go to TNA? Possibly, he has family there, he would work well with the current Mexican America angle whether it be joining them as a heel or joining to fight them as a face. I think he would benefit a lot of their younger talent, because the guy can still work and would be an asset to TNA in that capacity. I think he has options though MVP proved TNA isn't the only option upon leaving WWE, as he has made a name for himself in IWGP. I think with ROH relaunching so to speak in September he could serve as an asset to them. I think he can still work good enough to keep up with their style and he is a recognizable face, I don't think they are going to draw 10,000 more viewers based on him alone, but he wouldn't hurt neither. I think Lucha Libre USA is also another option and would be the most beneficial for both parties. They have a TV deal an action figure line and hardly any big name talent that an American audience is familiar with aside from Carlito and Hurricane Helms. Chavo would probably step right in and move to the top of their food chain. One thing is for sure Chavo's stock has risen thanks to the IWC, this time last month if I had made a post about Chavo I may have been lucky to get 4 comments much less 4 pages, unless I said he deserved a World title run and I would have had 4 pages of people asking me if I was on drugs. So Chavo had better donate money or somethig to the IWC because they are about to at least get him some type of payday off this.

He asked for the release as he was a jobber and didnt like it. I rekon he probaly put the feelers out to TNA they said yeah we will use you give you a world title like the other Ex WWE guys.

So we will see him jump ship Be in the ME for a few months then job in TNA .

Chavo had a job for life in WWE. But chavo wanted lime light and WWE wernt going to give it to hime just to the youth push.

Lets face it Chavo is no where near the Guerrero Eddie was. Eddie had the IT factor chavo didnt

Good luck to him but i think in the end he will be back in WWE as a off screen worker once he realises he is just not a Top guy

Honestly, when I saw the news I raised my eyebrow a bit, but it wasn't really surprising. I actually thought he would have been released earlier, but I guess WWE saw some use for him. I don't understand why he thinks it's so horrible to push the younger stars (except for Hornswoggle. Funny at first, but got pretty old), because when you're 40 years old, don't really have that much charisma and have been pretty much jobbing for the past few years, you can't do much in WWE.

If he goes to TNA, that will be a shame. The roster's jam-packed as it is, and people like Matt Hardy, Burke, Morgan, Dreamer and everyone else not named Anderson or Angle have done diddly-squat in their time with TNA. Hardy's still doing what he did in WWE, TNA writers are playing hot-potato with Burke's personality and alignment every couple of months, among other things. Sure he could showcase his talents, but with the roster packed as it is, he might not get much TV time. He'll probably be backstage or something thanks to Hector.

So really, this isn't that much of a big deal nor is it a big surprise....to me anyways. Chavo's free to do as he pleases, but I hope he makes the right decision, and just stays at home to be a dad.

I'm not sure if this should be a separate topic or not, but I figure I'll just post it in here. Like others, I'm somewhat surprised that Chavo got released, but I'm even more surprised about the reason he had to do so. Just like MVP and Matt Hardy, he left because he was unhappy with the storylines/persona he was given.

Does that surprised anybody else? I mean, barring some extreme examples (Mark Henry and the hand, HHH and the corpse sex), and taking into account how big my paychecks were, I don't think I would really care if I lost most of my matches. Seeing as wrestling is scripted, and everybody knows that now, does it really matter if you're a jobber..?

If he had said that the schedule was too tough for him, or something, that's another story. But it seemed like he was just pissed for being a jobber for so long. Anyone else think that's kind of odd? (PS: I do understand that I have a totally different mindset than Chavo, never having been part of a wrestling family, etc.)

i guess i havent seen chavo wrestler all them years before that, he was great and had a good fued with rey,eddie and others....he asked for his release, lets hope he go tna were he can be use the way he should, and u ever think mvp had to tell him that because he was starting to give up u gonna judge a guy on one match come on....and even in wcw he was great....

I wasn't totally surprised that Chavo was released after all the years he has spent with the company because he was misused and underutilized for a long time. I know that he won't be like Eddie, but at least WWE could give him some relevance. Anyways, I wish Chavo best of luck in life ahead. I can picture Chavo having one last run in Mexico or Japan before retiring for good. Maybe in the future, he might be re-hired by the WWE as a road agent/trainer to help out the next generation.

This release does surprise me a lot. I always thought the Guerrero name would be enough to keep Chavo in WWE for the remainder of his career, and he was one of the more loyal WWE wrestlers. Chavo's character has been a joke for the past few years. He dressed up as an eagle, and he did suffer a lot of loses to Hornswoggle, but Chavo could go in the ring, and he was one of the more reliable performers in WWE. This shouldn't be a big loss for WWE, and Chavo will be forgotten as time goes on, because let's face it, he was NEVER going to go anywhere near the Intercontinental Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship. Never.

As far as the TNA stuff goes, I really don't know what to think. Sure, Chavo's character will probably be taken more seriously, and he could receive a decent push, but how far could he go? TNA's roster is already crowded enough, and TV time can be precious, so I doubt Chavo would receive a big push. He could get near the TV Championship or the X-Division Championship, but there's a good chance he'll never see time in the main event, because Chavo is not on that level.

I think Chavo Guerrero should go to ROH. He just seems like the type of wrestler that would fit there best, because of his wrestling family legacy. He was good in the ring and had the look of a pure wrestler. I never liked him in WWE though, mainly because of the way he was used. That's not his fault. I did enjoy him in WCW way more, because of the Cruiserweight division there and because of the liberty he had in performing his moves. People seem to be talking about Championships, but seriously, is that what really matters? Chavo could have and could be relevant just by occasionally beating top guys. If he were to go over to ROH, I can only imagine this being the case. Perhaps he should win a tournament on the Indy Circuit.

Chavo is a jobber to midcard talent, the only reason he had a job for so long was because of Eddie. Last time I say him live he wrestled MVP and fuck the entire match up, at one point in the match you could even hear MVP say come on Chavo.(Dark Match before Bragging Rights)
The guy doesn't draw a fuckin dime, and he was just holding up a spot a much more deserved wrestler could have.

Its hard to draw a dime when you don't get any screen time. Chavo is from a wrestling background all his uncles were wrestlers, his father Chavo Snr was a wrestler.

The guy is very talented in the ring look up Los Guerreros tag team matches he has put on some classics. But as he said in his tweet, WWE is pushing the wrong guys and most of who can actually wrestle don't get any spot light i.e. Drew McIntyre, Chavo Guerrero. He was basically used as a jobber to get others over because of his name and his talent, goes to show that WWE has lost touch with its product (not saying PG era vs Attitude era). You can have decent wrestling matches and still be entertaining but the guys need the tools.

Most of the roster are still very green others just can't wrestle.

I cant really say I'm suprised. He's only really been jobbing for like the past 2 y ears, but I have to say, the timing seems strange. He had just started to get more T.V time and put on some decent matches with Sin Cara.

Its a shame though. He's talented, a veteran and could put on some great matches.

Another waste of solid talent but because he's not 6"4 with a massive chest with immediate drawing power Vince could care less about him.

I can understand Chavo's frustration jobbing to Hornswoggle every Monday night on Raw two years ago. I don't know what he expected with the WWE though. They were never going to put him in the main event picture. The closest he ever got was wrestling Eddie and Rey Mysterio. Chavo becoming ECW Champion is also the closet he was ever going to get in WWE. Stars like Chavo and William Regal are great veterans to put over the young talent. WWE isn't going to push someone like Chavo, Regal, or Goldust at this point in their career though.

I am interested in who he thought didn't deserve to be in a top spot. Its no big loss for WWE. I seriously thought Chavo was released months ago if it wasn't for his match with Sin Cara. I don't blame the guy for leaving, even if it is easy money for his role. He could probably be happier putting on matches in AAA, ROH, or TNA. I doubt TNA can hire any star from WWE at this point though. Good luck to him, hopefully he will find something better.

I'm somewhat surprised that Chavo got released, but I'm even more surprised about the reason he had to do so. He left because he was unhappy with the storylines/persona he was given.

Does that surprised anybody else? I mean, barring some extreme examples (Mark Henry and the hand, HHH and the corpse sex), and taking into account how big my paychecks were, I don't think I would really care if I lost most of my matches. Seeing as wrestling is scripted, and everybody knows that now, does it really matter if you're a jobber..?

You make a decent point. I always said it's not so bad being a WWE jobber. You get a good and steady paycheck, your career tends to last very long and you don't have the pressure of being the guy who carries the ratings.

I can only assume that Chavo at this point has earned enough money, so that is no longer an incentive for him. Now he is in it for the fun of it and it would be more fun for him in a promotion where he will get more responsibilities and more exciting programs.
I hope he won't go to TNA, because quite frankly I don't see him being a big deal there, either. Whereas in a promotion like AAA in Mexico he would probably receive the mega star treatment and right off the bat be an honored veteran.
So I can understand his decision. I congratulate him on making a lot of money n the WWE, quitting on his own terms and doing as he wishes. Chavo is a success story that barely anyone noticed.

YAWN.

The only reason he was with the company for so long is because his last name is Guerrero. For those who say he only started jobbing two years ago, I ask when did you start watching the WWE, two years ago? Chavo has NEVER been even remotely close to being a main eventer. He has no charisma whatsoever, and a third of the wrestling ability of his uncle Eddie. No personality other than to be a poor man's ripoff of his uncle. Chavo sucks, and has always sucked. He is a low to mid card talent who was used as a low to mid card talent. IE, properly.

I wasn't going to even comment on this until I saw his reply to his release...This guy has an almost Matt Hardy level of his own self-importance. He tried to claim that he was sick of making everyone else look good...really? Because you sure made Hornswaggle look like world championship material. He claims that the Guerrero way is to give it all in the ring...yet he has been coasting on his uncle's name for the past seven years. Personally, I would buy Chavo for what he is worth, and then sell him for what he thinks he is worth. I would live very comfortably on the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back