• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chavo Guerrero released

This is bullshit. He was one of the most underrated wrestlers in WWE. Don't let the fact that he was used primarily as a jobber cloud your judgement as to how good he is.

Wow, I'm in shock. I never expected them to release a Guerrero in a million years. I can't believe they did this, what possible reasons did they have? Because he didn't work well with Cara? That's their own fault, Chavo has never been a lucha wrestler in his entire life he's always wrestled the American style.

Sad news man. I wonder where he goes from here? TNA maybe? ROH? I'd dig seeing Chavo in ROH.

Chavo's comments Via Twitter:

Being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though! now it’s time For me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. win or lose

I will never go back to the place WWE put me in. I will never go back to being under utilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger “pushes”

Than me! Thank u to all of u who stuck by me & kept reminding me, I was better than that! stay tuned.. Big things coming!! Now I will

This is bullshit. He was one of the most underrated wrestlers in WWE. Don't let the fact that he was used primarily as a jobber cloud your judgement as to how good he is.
To be underrated, you have to be able to show ANY ability or potential to draw. Chavo has been on national television for over ten years now, and not once has he done anything remotely close to drawing.

Chavo is what he is...a good hand to make the more talented superstars look good. He's technically solid in the ring, and a veteran. But let's not kid ourselves, he's not underrated.

Wow, I'm in shock. I never expected them to release a Guerrero in a million years. I can't believe they did this, what possible reasons did they have?
Do they really need a reason? Maybe they just wanted to trim some fat from their roster, and they were paying Guerrero more than they wanted to.

EDIT: After reading the Twitter he supposedly made, perhaps he requested it.

Sad news man. I wonder where he goes from here? TNA maybe? ROH? I'd dig seeing Chavo in ROH.
I'm sure we'll see him in TNA, but I think ROH would be a place he'd much more likely get to see main-event status.

Chavo's comments Via Twitter:

A shame, I would have thought Chavo wouldn't have been one of those guys. I would have thought him to be more classy than that, leave the same way Foley left TNA.

I've never once been a Chavo fan, I'm glad I won't have to see him on TV, but I am disappointed in the person, because I always kind of expected him to be better than that.

To be underrated, you have to be able to show ANY ability or potential to draw. Chavo has been on national television for over ten years now, and not once has he done anything remotely close to drawing.

Chavo is what he is...a good hand to make the more talented superstars look good. He's technically solid in the ring, and a veteran. But let's not kid ourselves, he's not underrated.

How much someone draws doesn't come into it when I judge the quality of wrestling, or the quality of a wrestler. Let's clear that up. I say something is good because I like it, not because the majority likes it.

I believe that Chavo Guerrero is a very good wrestler. I don't think others see how good he is. Therefore, I believe that he is underrated.

How much someone draws doesn't come into it when I judge the quality of wrestling, or the quality of a wrestler. Let's clear that up. I say something is good because I like it, not because the majority likes it.
So, when you say "this is bullshit", it's just because you're throwing a temper tantrum that something you like no longer exists? Well, then it's bullshit Alf got canceled when I was a child, ignoring the fact ratings tanked in the last two seasons. And it's bullshit that Boston Legal got canceled because the network couldn't make enough advertising money off of them. And it's bullshit Friends went off the air because some of the actors wanted to do different things in their career.

All of that is bullshit. Why? Because I liked those things. :rolleyes:

I believe that Chavo Guerrero is a very good wrestler. I don't think others see how good he is. Therefore, I believe that he is underrated.
And most other people in this world think he's not a very entertaining worker, so they feel he is correctly rated or even overrated.

Glad we settled that.

A shame, I would have thought Chavo wouldn't have been one of those guys. I would have thought him to be more classy than that, leave the same way Foley left TNA.

I've never once been a Chavo fan, I'm glad I won't have to see him on TV, but I am disappointed in the person, because I always kind of expected him to be better than that.
I don't know. Look at a lot of the failed pushes the WWE's attempted over the last few years, and look at the neglible push a decent wrestler like Chavo gets. He's been in the company for ten years, and I don't think he's ever had a good push, even on ECW.

Strange note, today is also the 4th anniversary of the Benoit tragedy.

I'm glad Chavo is gone if he wasn't happy though. He deserves to be happy, and if he feels like he wasn't being used correctly then more power to him. I sincerely hope we see him in ROH, because I think he could really remind people just how good of a wrestler he is there if given a chance to shine. Plus Eddie appeared on ROH's first two shows, so that's always cool.

I don't think he'll go to TNA for some reason. Something tells me, like Shelton and Haas, that he's more interested in being able to wrestle great matches again than he is in a paycheck. So I think he'll check out ROH first.

I don't know. Look at a lot of the failed pushes the WWE's attempted over the last few years, and look at the neglible push a decent wrestler like Chavo gets. He's been in the company for ten years, and I don't think he's ever had a good push, even on ECW.

There have been several times when he's been given the opportunity to score major points with the TV audience. The only time I feel as if he ever got close was with Kerwin White, and then his "Uncle Eddie" killed that gimmick with his death back in 05.

I feel Chavo has had the opportunities. He was even the ECW World Champion at one point, if I'm not mistaken.

But that's not even what I'm talking about. I just mean that I figured he would be more mature about the situation. I was just surprised he wasn't.

How isn't Chavo being mature here Sly? He wasn't happy in his job so he asked for his release. I see nothing immature here.

Hector Gurrerro does work for TNA so I could see Chavo wanting to work with him I could also see him working Indy's like ROH which would be a pretty good fit for Chavo.

Sure, he had wrestling ability. He also was completely unable to work a gimmick and keep the crowd interested in his matches, both of which are more important for a wrestler.

Plus, it's not like he was doing anything. This is probably best for Chavo, as now he can go to TNA or even AAA or CMLL and do something significant there.

I think how someone might judge his tweets depends on the circumstances under which he left. Chavo did a good job of spinning it so people might think he asked for his release and received it, yet that isn't exactly what he says and this just happens to be the time of year WWE tends to clean house. I could certainly see justified frustration if they were the ones that decided he was done because he is damaged goods now and it is a direct result of how WWE used him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back