Cena vs The Undertaker: Is It Possible?

Depending on how much longer the Undertaker stays active, it might not only be possible, but inevitable. The Undertaker is defined by the streak at this point in his career, and he's rapidly running out of any true star power to oppose him come Wrestlemania.

Of course this Wrestlemania is out of the picture, given his program with The Rock, but I could definitely see it going down come 2013, presuming the Undertaker is still active come Wrestlemania.

It's actually might be the best avenue has if it were to ever get behind the idea of a real Cena heel turn. Undertaker is still wildly popular, and his Wrestlemania matches are now bigger than the even themselves. If a heel Cena were to face Taker at Mania, it could cement him as a heel everyone would hate, even the kiddies and tweeners. Cena has a popularity with the younger crowd that might only be swayed by facing someone like Taker, in a match the caliber of something at Wrestlemania.

Another thing to consider too, is that Taker has had his three best Wrestlemania matches back to back to back, courtesy of HBK and Triple H. Now I won't pretend for a second that Cena is the in ring performer HBK is, but I dare say he's on par with someone like Triple H. Cena has proven he can deliver in big match settings, and a match with Taker at Mania in two years, especially in a street fight setting, could definitely be a Match of the Year contender.

Would Cena end the streak? Simply stated, No. There is no way that WWE pulls the plug on Takers streak, it is too large a selling point for Mania, and an obvious point of pride for Taker himself.

The only other people in WWE right now that are on a level that could be seen as worthy of building a program with Taker for Mania is Cena, Orton, and Mark Henry. Personally, I think Henry is being custom built for a match with Taker at the upcoming Wrestlemania. His heel push is easily the best heel push the WWE has committed to in years, and Henry has been built to be a threat unlike any other in WWE. Given his domination of Kane, and an underlying history with Taker, Henry could help establish a great program with Taker and pose a true threat to the streak.

Got a tad off topic, but that's what I'm thinking.

I think that an angle between Cena and the Undertaker would be pretty awesome to see. If Cena were not facing The Rock this year at Wrestlemania then it could have been a great route to go. A Wrestlemania feud may not be possible right now, but a Cena/Taker feud could still be done at some point. I'm not entirely sure if it would accomplish much though due to the fact that Taker is probably not returning until Wrestlemania season and a Cena feud that is rushed to its end would be overshadowed by the upcoming feud with this year's undefeated streak victim. I think if it were possible then a feud over on Smackdown (like the brand extension matters anymore?) would be good for both guys and the show itself because two of the biggest names ever having a feud we have not seen yet would bring in many viewers for the blue brand. Unless it's a Wrestlemania angle, Cena would need to go over. He's the one who's sticking around for the long run, not Taker.

I don't know if we'll ever necessarily see a program done with the two of them right now due to Cena's current build-up to his match with the Rock, and the Undertaker's health most likely making this coming Wrestlemania most likely his final match. But then again never say never in the WWE.

If Taker is still wrestling part-time, I think Cena will be facing him at WM 29. I could see Cena being his last opponent before he retires. Taker beats Cena in his last match at WM.. WWE promotes him as the greatest superstar ever.

But it would be funny to think about how crazy people would go if Cena ended Takers streak...The IWC would riot. Cena ends Takers streak, and beats Flair's world title record all in one year. :lmao:

Depending on how much longer the Undertaker stays active, it might not only be possible, but inevitable. The Undertaker is defined by the streak at this point in his career, and he's rapidly running out of any true star power to oppose him come Wrestlemania.

Of course this Wrestlemania is out of the picture, given his program with The Rock, but I could definitely see it going down come 2013, presuming the Undertaker is still active come Wrestlemania.

It's actually might be the best avenue has if it were to ever get behind the idea of a real Cena heel turn. Undertaker is still wildly popular, and his Wrestlemania matches are now bigger than the even themselves. If a heel Cena were to face Taker at Mania, it could cement him as a heel everyone would hate, even the kiddies and tweeners. Cena has a popularity with the younger crowd that might only be swayed by facing someone like Taker, in a match the caliber of something at Wrestlemania.

Agree with everything u said in here.

Another thing to consider too, is that Taker has had his three best Wrestlemania matches back to back to back, courtesy of HBK and Triple H. Now I won't pretend for a second that Cena is the in ring performer HBK is, but I dare say he's on par with someone like Triple H. Cena has proven he can deliver in big match settings, and a match with Taker at Mania in two years, especially in a street fight setting, could definitely be a Match of the Year contender.

Notice how almost the entire IWC never gave much credit to the two Wrestlemania classics which was Undertaker vs Batista @ Wrestlemania 23 & Undertaker vs Edge at Wrestlemania 24, firmly repeating Taker only got 3 Wrestlemania classics and it's his last three Wrestlemania match.

This may sound harsh, but I'm so sick of Edge & Batista never getting any recognition. Taker's Wrestlemania classics with Diesel, Masked Kane, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, and his first match with Triple H also got little credence (if at all).

Would Cena end the streak? Simply stated, No. There is no way that WWE pulls the plug on Takers streak, it is too large a selling point for Mania, and an obvious point of pride for Taker himself.

Again, agree with this.

The only other people in WWE right now that are on a level that could be seen as worthy of building a program with Taker for Mania is Cena, Orton, and Mark Henry. Personally, I think Henry is being custom built for a match with Taker at the upcoming Wrestlemania. His heel push is easily the best heel push the WWE has committed to in years, and Henry has been built to be a threat unlike any other in WWE. Given his domination of Kane, and an underlying history with Taker, Henry could help establish a great program with Taker and pose a true threat to the streak.

Right, and of course Taker vs Henry at Wrestlemania 28 would be a legendary match, unlike their Wrestlemania 22 match which was the worst Casket match of all time. After all Henry has developed as a wrestler and put countless classics in the last 5 years.

And of course, a win against Henry would be monumental, the biggest victory in The Undertaker's long and illustrious career. I mean, with his current push, he's like the biggest name to ever grace the ring, right?

Again, this may sound harsh. But I deem it necessary.

Would you like to see Undertaker and Cena work a programm together and face each other? Do you think it's possible?

If done correctly yes and I do think it is possible. What criteria pry tell does that encompass? Well, it would have to be built slowly, and there would have to be a good story behind it. As to what that story is, take your pick at how you'd set it up.

Where would you like to see this match take place? (RAW, Smackdown, PPV)

I think this would be a good match to build for a SummerSlam, if not a Wrestlemania should Taker go on to another Mania' after this year.

Who would like to see going over?

Undertaker, no matter where it takes place be it SummerSlam or Mania'. If I were setting this match up, I would save it for when John Cena eventually turns heel, and have the Undertaker be the guy to either come back to bring Cena to task for turning his back on the fans and the WWE, or have Cena go after Taker to try and end the streak as a heel so that it is a Heel-Face confrontation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back