Cena vs The Undertaker: Is It Possible?

John Cena and The Undertaker. Probably the two biggest names right now in the WWE. John Cena has been the face of this company for the last six and a half years. The Undertaker is one of the biggest superstars ever. It was rumored to have these two go at it at Wrestlemania 28, but the plans changed after The Rock came back in the WWE.

Would you like to see Undertaker and Cena work a programm together and face each other?

Do you think it's possible?

Where would you like to see this match take place? (RAW, Smackdown, PPV)

Who would like to see going over?

If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, I apologize.

well obviously not at wm 28 cuz we got rock vs cena going on. and since its taker's last year supposidly. then we would see it either at summerslam 2012 for his actual last match or at survivor series 2012 or maybe even at wm 29 if taker wants to have another streak match. but no it will never be shown on raw or smackdown its too big of a match to be on raw or smackdown!

This is where the WWE made the mistake of having this match set too early. CM Punk can go face The Rock and the matchup would be just as big in my opinion, and than have a heel Cena face Taker for the streak.

But, in reality, it's not possible. Cena-Rock is set in stone at this point, and if Austin doesn't return at Mania than I think Punk will face Taker.

Despite the fact that they havent said anything officially yet, I get the feeling that Taker will probably retire either at or not long after WM. So I dont see how they would have time to do a programme. Dont forget that The Rock is due to appear at a few PPV's with WWE both before and after WM, so that kind of ties Cena into a storyline, which I think will really gather pace from Survivor Series onwards.
Should they have done it? Possibly. It would have been an interesting mix of styles, especially if we had a heel Taker. I dont think we will ever get to see it however, not as a full blown programme.

This is where the WWE made the mistake of having this match set too early. CM Punk can go face The Rock and the matchup would be just as big in my opinion, and than have a heel Cena face Taker for the streak.

But, in reality, it's not possible. Cena-Rock is set in stone at this point, and if Austin doesn't return at Mania than I think Punk will face Taker.

CM Punk vs The Rock just as big as John Cena vs The Rock. You are kidding right? Cena has been on top of the business for 6/7 years, he is a much bigger star than Punk. Yeh Punk is hot right now but he is a flavour of the month. He may be irrelevant again in a few months. Cena won't. Cena is also better known outside of WWE in the mainstream media. Non wrestling fans wont have a clue who Punk is. Austin vs Punk shouldnt happen at WM28. We already have a star of yesterday facing a star of tomorrow. Save that for Summerslam.

As for the topic in hand, yeh would love to see Taker vs Cena at Wrestlemania. No reason why Taker can't continue until Wrestlemania 29, or even number 30. He only works a very small schedule nowadays anyway.

well obviously not at wm 28 cuz we got rock vs cena going on. and since its taker's last year supposidly. then we would see it either at summerslam 2012 for his actual last match or at survivor series 2012 or maybe even at wm 29 if taker wants to have another streak match. but no it will never be shown on raw or smackdown its too big of a match to be on raw or smackdown!

I completely disagree, Taker's career is on its last legs and if he was to have a long PPV match with Cena then it would only decrease his in ring life expectancy. Considering Taker's bodily state this match could only ever happen on a TV show and not a PPV, In my opinion Undertaker has 1 last good lenghty match in him and its gonna be at WM28, anything else he does will be short matches or appearances. This match could happen maybe on a 3 hour Raw, and Cena is perfect for a "light" match with Taker bacuase Cena takes the beating in most of his matches, it isnt gonna strain Taker too much to throw punches at Cena and maybe hit a few spots like "Old School", it would pretty much be a brawl.

Would you like to see Undertaker and Cena work a program together and face each other?

Yes, of course. I have been looking forward to this match for a few years now.

As long as Undertaker is alive, it's possible.

Ideally, Wrestlemania. However, having it at Survivor Series next year would work out well, if it is booked as Undertaker's last match. I think his Mania match should and will be treated like the last chapter of the "Undefeated Streak" and pay tribute to the Undertaker on a more realistic level. By the time October 2012 rolls around, an old fashioned horror story-line with Taker stalking Cena. It can begin around Halloween, with the Undertaker trying to "go home" to the "other side". Taker can claim that in order to cross over, he must beat Cena for whatever reason. You could even get Vince involved, giving his a role where he needs Cena to win in order to keep Taker in the WWE forever, selfishly trying to keep Taker from escaping Vince's power.

Taker would win, then disappear back into the graveyard for good.

Would you like to see Undertaker and Cena work a programm together and face each other?

Oh yeah. Cena is the face of the WWE and a feud between him and Cena would be memorable and fun to watch.

Nope. They missed the boat on Cena/Undertaker a long time ago. WrestleMania 23 comes to mind. Undertaker comes on RAW the night after The Royal Rumble and "scares" John Cena. Perfect opportunity to capitalize on this storyline, but it never happened.

If Undertaker still has something left in the tank, then maybe Summerslam or WrestleMania 29 perhaps?

WrestleMania. No place else.

If it does take place at WrestleMania, Undertaker without question. I think the reason Vince hasn't had this match happen at WrestleMania is he wouldn't want Cena to end 'Taker's streak and cause some sort of Riot, but that's just me being stupid.

doubt it will ever happen

although cm punk vs undertaker for the wwe championship/streak at wrestlemania

sure punk has faced taker before but punk is huge right now so it could be even better this time and punk ending the streak would really help him get even bigger

Everyone assumes Taker will retire this year after Mania, but JR is saying if he only works Mania programs, he has 3-5 years left in him. I can definitely see Cena and Taker working a Wrestlemania program sometime in the future, and I think it would be great. However I do feel one of them would have to be heel, I'm sick of the face vs face Streak matches.

No. Cena doesn't need the rub from working with Taker. 4 or 5 years ago yes. Undertaker doesn't have much time left, let Mark hand pick someone to feud with and give them a lengthy program, someone that could use the rub.

Again, its possible but not necessary.

Depends on WHO Mark picks, you couls start it off on that brand, continue it on Smackdown (if he picks someone from RAW), and end it at a major PPV NOT called WrestleMania.

Again, whoever he picks would ultimately go over...but not at the start. It would have to be someone that builds up their confidence that they can beat Taker.

I would love for this fued to happen, but sadly it probably won't. It was reported that Cena and Taker were supposed to face at Wrestlemania 28, but since Cena vs Rock is happening that isnt possible. I think if this match were to happen the perfect time to have it would have been Wrestlemania 27. The storyline was already there from the Nexus attacking Undertaker at Bragging Rights 2010. John Cena could have been revealed as the one who planned the attack, and a heel Cena could have faced Taker at Wrestlemania. but since the Undertaker is most likely having his last match at Wrestlemania next year it probably can't happen at a WM. Hopefully the match can happen a special Raw or some other PPV though.

Definitely. Two of the best having a feud is an exciting prospect.

Depends upon how healthy Undertaker is and also if Cena is involved in a current feud. Doubt if we will see this matchup.

Surely a PPV, preferably WrestleMania.

I am a die-hard Undertaker fan. I would love to see him win.(I am a fan of Cena too, but prefer 'Taker).

First thing, Punk vs Rock is not big like Cena vs Rock, Punk just came into his own and making his name known by more than just the wrestling community. Thats an ignorant statement to be made. Yes Punk has become established recently, but he is still just apart of the nastalgia of fame right now.
Undertaker Vs Cena.....Great match as I play it through my mind. Id much ratehr see that than Rock vs Cena. but too late for that now.
The 2 biggest cartoon characters, the classic in the undertaker, the modern in cena. Mind games mean nothing cause cena is never scared and wont back down. you cant do the stare game cause that was done with taker and hhh, so what do you do....you have the undertaker be the guiding element of the rebeling wwe against hhh, this is the continuation from the monday night comments from hhh after mania. taker mentions real reasons hhh is in a suit, cause undertaker killed the hhh career, hhh knowing that he couldnt get the job done as time progresses and looks to the one man that is left that has been able to overcome outstanding odds, John Cena. this would lead up the streak match, if it were possible. The thing is, what is the bigger draw? Rock coming to mania is already established as is his oppenent, but with time still on manias side, wwe present a decission for cena on tv, do you fight a man no one can beat at wrestlemania, cement your legacy and make big bucks for the company. Or do you have play time with Dwayne Johnson. Punk and all his complaining could then take over for cena, since punk is finally estblished at this point in time. But in the end, the question si WWCD

The idea of Face Cena vs Face Taker at Mania is a much more exciting prospect than Rock vs Cena in my opinion.

I always loved the idea of Cena ending the streak. Have Cena just beat the crap out of taker pretty much the whole match but still not being able to put him away. Leaving cena with no choice other than to go full blown psycho mode with a chair ala austin at WM 17 then have cena pin a destroyed taker 1, 2, 3. Wrestlemania ends with Cena standing over a beaten down deadman. Evil Cena is born and it would be something for the ages.

But yeah, it probably wont happen. Taker will probably retire at next years WM but hey who knows? Whose to say that the whole strecher incident at this years mania was for real?

But yeah id personally love to see the match and i believe it would be a bigger draw than Cena vs Rock.

Yes - of course. I don't think it would take much to build up. The Undertaker could simply be another challenge for Cena to overcome.

Yes - if The Undertaker is able to have one match with Cena.

I'd guess it'd have to be WM29 - again if Undertaker is able to compete at this point.

I don't think the Streak should ever be broken so The Undertaker winning against the biggest face of the company would be a great way to go out. It wouldn't harm Cena's long term career either.

Having Cena win would be an amazing Wrestlemania moment but very unlikely.

I do think it's possible for Cena and Taker to have a match. However, if it does occur, I'd put my money on them having a big match at WM 29. It's a match I would love to see based on Cena being built up so well before the match takes place. Also, the interaction between the two would certainly be legendary.

I personally think the match taking place at WM 29 makes more sense, b/c it will be the year after Taker is 20-0. Which brings me to the final question, who should go over. With Taker only being able to work a limited schedule, I would say Cena should go over. Since he is the current face of WWE and has alot more years left, him or Punk IMO are the only two guys currently in WWE with the credibility to face Taker at WM. Either way, if this match takes place, it'll be huge for the WWE, especially if it occurs at WM. Ppl are interested enough in the match for the buyrates to be huge and rightfully so. Once Cena faces Rock at WM, he only has few accomplishments left to achieve. Facing Taker at WM or facing Austin would be all he has left to do, with Taker being more likely to me.

If you guys really were 'WWE Fans', you would know they already had a feud leading up to Vengeance a few years back. Cena was the hell and Taker was the face. Everything has already been done. Thats why RAW sucks now

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible. As for all the stuff about this being Taker's last year, it's pure speculation. If I had a dollar for everytime I read a post from someone saying Taker was going to retire soon or that this would be his last year, I'd be able to pay off my car and probably put a down payment on a new one. Until I hear it from Taker's mouth, I put no stock in any "retirement buzz" because it's been around for years. It looks as though WWE might just be using Taker as a special attraction for WM from here on out. If he keeps himself in good physical condition, then WWE could potentially get away with this for years to come. Taker wrestling only one match a year, that being at WrestleMania, does have a special feel to it. He's beaten everyone, he's feuded with just about everyone, he's a 7 time World Champion, he's a legend and he's still a draw.

Taker vs. Cena would be a big money match. They've barely been in the same ring together since Cena became a main event player in WWE, they've certainly never had any sort of feud since about 2003 or 2004. Both the guys have done just about everything that's worth doing except face one another at WrestleMania. Taker's streak is the one real mountain John Cena hasn't climbed. The angle practically writes itself and could be sold on that basis alone. Plus, it'd keep Cena out of the WWE Championship picture.

cena undertaker would be good they would have to make it epic wm 29 if possible... cena after going over on the rock would then grab a mic...ive accomplished everything in this business except one thing...i havent beaten one man...john cena the undertaker wm 29 dead man the champ wants the streak. Occassional undertaker hauntings back stage of cena then after a cena win lights go out taker appears in ring and tombstones cena does an old school mic quote john cena wm 29 u will rest in peace.

I would say yes in a heartbeat. I can't think of any other superstar that would be the last to challenge the Undertaker's streak other than John Cena. Wrestlemania 29 perhaps?

Yes, highly possible. But not on Wrestlemania 28 since Cena is already booked.

Obviously, Wrestlemania 29.

Undertaker. He should retire 21-0.

If you guys really were 'WWE Fans', you would know they already had a feud leading up to Vengeance a few years back. Cena was the hell and Taker was the face. Everything has already been done. Thats why RAW sucks now

1st of all, that match was on Smackdown, and John Cena was only in WWE for less than a year when it happend, The feud was not special, it was just a filler and easily forgettable....... Anywho, John Cena vs Undertaker at WM29 would be great, Undertaker is one guy Cena has never beaten if im correct.

So Taker/Cena WM29 would be great, hell, this feud doesn't even have to be at Wrestlemania to be a classic, it can be at Summerslam, or Survivor Series next year. at Survivor Series, it can be Heel Cena wanting to end Takers career where it began, dont have to do much for that program to work. Wrestlemania 29 Taker/Cena, all tho, If i were WWE, id try to get Sting/Taker but thats for another day.

It was never rumoured for Wrestlemania 28, Rock vs Cena has been in planning for over a year, thus why WWE were so convinced they could announce it 12 months out. WWE can never plan to far ahead with Undertaker due to his injuries he is succeptable to. Mania 27 he was rumoured to wrestle both Sheamus and Wade Barrett, neither happened. Mania 28 willbe Taker vs Mark Henry, barring injuries to either party.

John Cena will not get fed to Undertaker, not at present. Maybe the following year when Cena is a fully fledged heel.

As great as it would be, it would be a match which could really only take place at Wrestlemania given the stature of both men......now I am guessing that WWE want Taker to remain undefeated at Mania and retire with the streak in tact, and at the same time they dont really want their biggest draw over the last 5/6 years to lose at Mania cleanly so this match for me would be out of the question sadly

i think cena taker should have faced off a few years ago. Maybe even last mania instead of hhh. I think hhh was sorta thrown together with only a month of storylines.Or even as good as the hbk matches were they should have only fought once not twice. I do not see these 2 having a fued or even a match. Taker i think is now really feeling it in age and couldnt put a good 2 month worth of solid build to it. I could be wrong though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back