• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cashing in the Briefcase (Money in the Bank)

THis is a good question, to me it should be cashed in the same night. like at wrestlemania 26, if christain wins the MiTB and edge wins the World championship, christian sould cash it in that same night to defeat him and win his first title. i think it would be more of a shock.

I've just got a hunch that McIntyre's gonna win MiTB at Mania and cash it in that night - probably if Cena beats Batista and at the suggestion of Vince. But also he'll be the first MiTB winner not to win the title - Cena will somehow overcome.

This has to be the year that MiTB does not automatically equal a title victory.

I don't really like the whole thing how if you win MITB you are pretty much guaranteed a title win. I think it would be more shocking if the winner cashed it in and then lost. It would add to the unpredictability of the cashing in process, something that WWE direly needs to keep the MITB concept from getting stale. I also think switching up how it's cashed in would also help keep the concept fresh. Like others have said, maybe one year a match gets set up in advance, the next year the guy cashes it in after the champ is beat down, or maybe, just maybe like WWE says every year, the winner cashes it in at Wrestlemania?

The WWE did try to have the MITB briefcase cashed in at WrestleMania XXIV with Mr. Kennedy. Then, Kennedy would've cashed it in for either the World Heavyweight or WWE Championship while the Royal Rumble winner would've went after the other title.

But when Kennedy had that injury scare in May, where they thought he would be out up to a year, they scrapped those plans and gave the MITB briefcase to Edge.

I don't think the WWE would want to set up a match in advance like that because they wouldn't want to risk having the MITB winner suffer a serious injury and not make the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back