• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canucks vs Bruins

I never understood why they were called the "Canucks". Isn't that a derogatory word to describe a Canadian?

It would be like the Harlem Globetrotters being called the Harlem Porch Monkeys...

These idiots will riot for no reason at all. A hockey game? A concert? That's it. I'm moving.
That's a cool Boston fact. I was surprised to hear it's only there 6th cup? Wow, for how long they have been around, thats not many.

That's just it. I really don't believe that it was true hockey fans that started the riots. I think it was a group of idiots that showed up and were going to riot regardless of if their team won or lost.

I'm really embarrassed to say I'm a Canadian right now. I'm not much of a hockey follower but when I heard this bit of news I was appalled. I mean I understand that some people take great pride in their sport but excessive rioting and violence like that was completely unnecessary. Its just a fucking game, no need blow your stack and destroy your fucking town because of it. Bunch of savages.

As a Boston transplant living in Tampa I was obviously thrilled when the B's won, and a little nervous about potential issues in Boston after the game. From what I read only like 7 people were arrested. Let me ask the Canadian people here (and Horton especially as he is from Vancouver); what is the motivation here? Is there a sense of entitlement with hockey being "Canada's sport"? Seems to me just a couple-hundred drunk shitheads looking to cause trouble regardless of the reason. I hadn't heard there were actual deaths. That is just screwed up.

I remember when I was in college and used to go to the Freedom Rallies (pro-marijuana rally) on Boston Common the cops always said that if you had 20,000 people in that tight a space all getting drunk you would have fights all over the place, but with all the stoners, no issues at all.

Well it turns out the death reports were false, both are still alive. 1 was a stabbing, and he's in the hospital. The other one was someone who was either pushed, or fell off of a bridge. Reports on what happened differ. So there's a plus at least.. Yes MTM you are correct, a lot of them are not true fans of the team, or the sport. They just saw it as a reason to destroy shit, and people followed them like sheep to join in.

Motivation? Do you need motivation to be an asshole? Not only were they seen on camera, but the city is going to have to pay for it, which means their tax money. It wasn't just people from this city either, cops found that a small percent of the people arrested were from out of province. I heard earlier that some woman was trying to protect her car from being trashed, she was no older than 22. Well some guy ran up and punched her in the face. No one stopped it, or said anything about it. They cheered instead. Really?? Really? That's the image Vancouver is going to live with for a long time now.

"Welcome to Vancouver. Home of the Canucks. If they loose, we'll burn your car and punch your women in the face. Enjoy your stay"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back