Canadian Region, Montreal Subregion, Third Round: (1) Moolah vs (5) Sherri Martel

Who wins this match up?

• Fabulous Moolah

• Sherri Martel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a third round match in the Canadian region. It is a 30 Minute Iron Woman Match. It will be held at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Big-O2.jpg

Fabulous-Moolah.jpg

#1 Fabulous Moolah

VS.

07.jpg

#5 Sherri Martel

This is a 30 Minute Iron Woman Match.

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

I want, I mean really want to vote Sherri here. She has a lot of intangibles that could b-day Moolah, but history yet again, is not on her side. Moolah has way to much of a résumé for Sheri to compete, especially the championships. While still wise they're evenly matched, I think Moolah pulls this out.

Sherri always gave the impression she'd more effective in a real catfight than a wrestling match. Yes, she acted the part of someone liable to scratch your eyes out, but she must have played it well because I had the impression she might really be like that.

But in a 30 minute match, Moolah knew how to work.....in anyone's style, against what anyone could throw at her. Just the experience factor over hundreds of years of wrestling. :)

Sherri would shriek & stomp, but Moolah would win.

While I'm sure both of these women could go 30 minutes, I'm leaning more towards Moolah. Back when the NWA women's title still meant something and she was defending it, she'd work matches that would go that long all the time. Even into her 60's the matches she had with Richter were arduous and hard hitting. If this where older Moolah, I'd probably put Sherri over, but I can't against prime Moolah. Like Burke and Byers before her Moolah was the queen for a long time.

So I gonna give Moolah my vote.

I've supported Sherri.

To me Moolah was comparable to Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino. Sherri brought the character to female wrestling that the likes of Hogan and Flair brought to the male grap game. So good was she as a character that when Vince lost interest in women's wrestling, she stayed on and became one of the most iconic managers ever.

On top of this, Sherri did take the WWF Women's belt off Moolah and didn't give it back. Now, I know some will argue that Moolah was 64 but she was the women's champion in the biggest federation in the world so how post prime was she if she was good enough to be champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back