Canadian Region, Montreal Subregion, 1st Round (5) Sherri Martel vs (14) Nikki Bella

Who wins this match up?

• Sherri Martel

• Nikki Bella

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the Canadian region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Big-O2.jpg

sherri3.jpg

#5 Sherri Martel

VS.

SD_797_Photo_070-6173133.jpg

#14 Nikki Bella

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Like her twin, Nikki's talents are in the bedroom, not in the squared circle. She has no business in a tournament like this.

Sherri Martel was a great technician, a great ring general. Her days breaking in a young girl named Deborah Miceli would help in developing the legend we know as Madusa. Martel, as those who may not have known, was trained by none other than the Moolah herself. She won the straps in the AWA and WWF during the Rock "n" Wrestling era, and fought the giants of her time, including defeating her mentor, The Fabulous Moolah, to win the WWF Strap. It is only a tragedy that she died so young of an overdose, as she had more knowledge and skill in her pinky nail than both Bellas have in both their bodies combined.

Martel wins in 30 seconds.

Sheri in a heartbeat. I know that the Bellas have their share of fans, but can you really say that either of them, in this case Nikki, would've had a chance at beating Sheri? I did see some of her matches in AWA, and the girl was no joke in the ring. She knew how to draw heat as a wrestler and was even better when she transcended into a manager/valet. Plus she was never afraid to cold-clock a few guys like Hogan. Sheri Martel all the way here.

I like Nikki Bella. Contrary to some others I think she's improving. The triple threat that she had with AJ and Paige at NOC impressed me. I have yet to be impressed with anything Brie has done, who has since lost all of her heat from her face turn and has been demoted to policeman for Nikki. I think with some more time and improvement Boobs Bella could become something unique for the division. She at least has that potential.

That being said she's out of her league against Sherri Martel. A legendary figure if there ever was one. An iconic manager who appeared all 3 of the major companies during the 90's and managed huge stars like Shawn Michaels and Randy Savage, and other huge names like Harlem Heat and Shane Douglas. As a singles star she held the AWA women's championship 3 times during it's wanning days, and held the WWE women's belt for 15 months. One of the longest reigns ever. Plus she's of few women inducted into the WWE HOF...

It's curtains for Boobs Bella as the Sensational One moves on...

I'm hoping Sherri Martel wins the whole damn tournament. She definitely doesn't go out in the first round to boobs bella. Sherri had great charisma, sang a terrific song, and could get heat on just about anyone she managed. Terrific woman and legend.

I agree Nikki has been improving (thanks to training a bit with Cena), but she will never really be that good. Just like AJ said- talent is not sexually transmitted. Improved a bit over being terrible is still far from being considered good.

Sherri Martel was better than good & leaps ahead of Nikki Bella. She could get it done in the ring during her time & that isnt even taking into account what she has meant to wresting from a managerial standpoint. Sherri managed some of the best & was a great heel to have around at ringside.

All in all Sherri is better than Nikki. Not even really close.

Even though Nikki has improved by leaps and bounds in the ring(not a major accomplishment considering where she started from) and is the more talented Bella, unlike her sister, her first round mountain is an even more daunting climb. At least Brie got lucky enough to run into a similar WWE creation in Melina(read: nearly talentless "wrestler" who made her name by making her rounds backstage). Nikki on the other hand matches up against one of the best heels to ever grace women's wrestling in America. Bye Bye Bellas Basically.

This might be my only post in the tournament. Just dropped in to say that Sheri Martel is my favorite women's wrestling personality of all time. Needless to say she doesn't go down to someone who's not even considered good in this era of female WWE wrestlers.

But Sheri has my vote to win the whole tournament for what it's worth.

Nikki's finisher is awesome for a diva, but I'll have to go with the Legend. Maybe next time, if she keeps improving at the same rate.
I feel the best way for Nikki to move ahead would be to get rid of Brie, who is holding her back by still being just as bad as she was 5 or so years ago and being the chief contributor behind the "annoying/talentless Bellas" tag that Nikki gets labelled with as well.

The fact she has ZERO votes shows Nikki Bella is a bit underrated :lmao:

Mad respect for Sherri Martel and her mountain of accomplishments. I expect her to go far in this.

Just goes to show you how much the WWE Divas champion means to the history of women's wrestling.

Sensational Sherri would beat the shit out of Nikki in any shape or form.

Sherri Martel is a legend, easily one of the best managers of all time and a very accomplished wrestler too. She deserves to do very well in this tournament!

To put it into perspective..even if I just focus on her time managing HBK (which wasn't very long at all), that small period of time beats anything Nikki Bella has done in her career 10x over.

Although Nikki has been liking my brothers Instagram posts recently lol.

But Sheri all the way here, RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back