• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can You See The Lines In The Sand?!

Would you enjoy an Evolution return in 2014?

• No way

• Definitely

• Depends who's in it

• I'm not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
Of all the legendary stables in the history of professional wrestling, there's really only been one that had "one run". The Four Horsemen, NWO, and DX all got to have many different incarnations and separate runs throughout history but for some reason, the greatest stable of the 21st century has not.

There is no denying that Evolution is at the top of the list of factions formed after 2000 and I will never understand why nearly 10 years have passed since their demise and we have only seen one reunion, which was only for one match! Since 2005, any time there was any combination of those four men in the ring Evolution was mentioned, and it was usually the main reason why the combination was onscreen in the first place. No one has forgotten their success and the genius foresight that led to one of the most brilliantly executed pushes in WWE history - putting both Randy Orton and Batista directly in the main event upon their leaves.

Now, in 2014, let's look at the WWE:
-On the road to WrestleMania the two best spots to be in are easily the WWE Champion and the Royal Rumble Winner. These spots are currently held by Evolution members Batista and Randy Orton.
-Both HHH and Ric Flair are under contract and HHH is actually performing full-time onscreen as the Authority.
-NXT is full of promising young talents who are eagerly waiting for their chance for glory
-WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton and COO Triple H are currently the two biggest heels in the WWE
-Despite the aforementioned bullet, no one has gotten more heat in 2014 than Batista did at the Royal Rumble this year, which has continued to be a pattern in his subsequent appearances.

So with this all being said, it seems like the stars are perfectly aligned to make an Evolution return not only logical, but a much more IWC-appeasing way to take the WWE Creative direction for at least the next few months. Just simply have Batista turn heel, have Orton say "hey, you may think you're the face and I may think I'm the face, but what we can both agree on is Daniel Bryan is NOT the face" and they form a bond. Triple H, the man who was "THE GUY" a decade ago will support this bond and say that he knows what it takes to be the man and that Batista and Orton are "A+ players". Have them call up the best guy in NXT (I don't know who; I don't watch) or even a young guy they don't use enough and Triple H can say "(insert name here) is the coal that will be squeezed into the next diamond"

I'm certainly not saying this will happen (I actually bet that it will NOT happen at all), but I would absolutely love if it did and I think it would:

-Help Batista stay relevant and in the main event without stealing spotlight as some badass face the fans dont want
-Help Orton do the same thing, and maybe reforming this group will help them add more to his character
-Blatantly position Daniel Bryan as the top face in this company, being the target of Evolution who overcomes the insurmountable odds
-Potentially set up an Orton/Batista/Bryan main event at WMXXX which would end in a chorus of YES's
-Set in motion the rise of a young talent, who will eventually become the top guy just like Orton and Batista did
-Truly prove that Evolution is a fantastic concept, one that can be revisited just like the other great stables in history

What do you think? Do you see the "Lines In The Sand"?

The most boring men in WWE at the moment
1. HHH & Stephanie
2. Randy Orton
3. John Cena
4. Alberto Del Rio
5. Batista

If Evolution reunited they may give HHH, Orton and Batista something interesting to do as they are 3 of the top 5 most boring superstars to me but it could also be an epic fail. HHH is about 8 years past his prime, Orton and Batista are 5 years past there primes and Flair is about 20 years atleast past his prime. It would be a faction of guys years past their primes and some of the most boring superstars on the roster and that's doesn't work. Evolution worked well in 2002 because HHH was getting to his prime and Batista and Orton were still green but now is not the time for evolution. The reason the Shield and Wyatt's work so well is they are fresh gimmicks with young talents who are just getting there start and that's what made Orton and Batistas role in evolution so good. They had there time and I don't think I will be the only 1 who doesn't want any of them to be on TV anymore and putting them in a main event faction just doesn't work. Whether it is with NXT guys or the initial lineup Evolution had its chance gimmick and now it is time for a new one. A veteran in a faction with a couple NXT guys is good, giving them the name evolution is bad

WWE asks me do you want to see evolution reunite or start again with a new lineup I would get my Daniel Bryan chant going
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Should WWE bring back Evolution?

In my opinion, yes they should. But without Ric Flair. A new version of Evolution.

At the height of Evolution’s success, every member of the formidable faction held a major title. Triple H was the centerpiece of the group as the World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton was the Intercontinental Champion and Batista & Flair were the World Tag Team Champions.

But, considering the legendary status that Triple H has grown to over the years, he could now assume the Ric Flair role – as the mentor/competitor.

Randy Orton can take the role of Triple H as the centerpiece of the group as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

They can have Roman Reigns take the role of Orton as the young up-and-comer.

That is some damn good fantasy booking, right there. Not sure how much I can contribute to such a solid post, but I agree that HHH, Orton, and Batista are three of the most boring performers in WWE right now.

I guess I can speculate on who the new guy could be:
Ziggler makes sense, as he is capable of playing a cocky heel. However, his inclination to steal the show would eventually lead to a slow face turn.

Titus O'Neil is going to need something to do once he finishes his feud with Darren Young. That would be a great launching point for an older heel, who needs to be quickly elevated up the card to have a shot at the main event.

The Gimmick could be made to fit in line with Damien Sandow.

It's an easy way to finally elevate Cody Rhodes to the Main Event level.

Definitely see this and in fact I thought this was the direction they were going in with Flair becoming more involved in the WWE.

Don't know if it would make sense for Orton to be there since he's fighting Batista, but I definitely see Daniel Bryan vs. HHH/Batista/_____ as a program they should and are likely going to run with until the summer.

Also intrigued by a new younger guy to be put in. It's an instant rub and they should use it carefully. Titus O Neal would be entertaining, but who knows how long he is going to be wrestling for. Cody Rhodes could use it but what haven't we seen with that as far as Legacy. I'd honestly put it on Wade Barrett. He should already be the Corporate heel (in the spot that Orton is in now) because of his gimmick.

I can see this happening. Unfortunately for those of us hoping to avoid a Batista - Orton match at Mania, I think it will occur a little ways down the road. If it occurs, it will likely be a big part of the build to SummerSlam.

I do not believe it will happen before Mania because of the prominence of the Shield and the Wyatt Family. When the expected Shield breakup occurs, the door will be open for another stable. In the recent past, WWE has been leery of certain acts overshadowing each other so that will probably be the case again here.

If Evolution is reformed, I hope Batista is the top heel of the group. I've kinda had my fill of Orton on top during his run as "The Face of the WWE".

The only possible reason I would like to see an Evolution reunion is to see them feud with The Shield. Obviously enough The Shield would be the babyface team and the ones proving that they're the ones that dominate WWE's present and WWE's future. Sadly it ain't gonna happen but as a dreamer that would be my SummerSlam main event.

In all seriousness it looks like the time may be right to do a type of reunion match - not a full-time reunion as I don't see it benefiting anyone and it could very well backfire and ruin the legacy of the group, but something done for a purpose and the one involving Daniel Bryan's quest to the gold is my favorite scenario. HHH isn't a full time wrestler anymore, so only Orton and Batista would be the guys that would kick-ass on a weekly basis and Evolution worked mostly because of Hunter's position as a top wrestler and as a very good wrestler.

No New Evolution for me, it's been done with The Legacy and one of the guys is out of the company while the other isn't going anywhere from the midcard scene which is also a shame. I would also a watch a PPV match between Orton/Batista against the new Mega Powers in Cena/Bryan.

It's funny. Ever since Randy won the title back in August after Triple H screwed over Daniel Bryan I was starting to see the lines in the sand back then. Before I knew about Batista's return, I actually thought they would just revamp the stable. My thought was Triple H would be the legend like Flair perhaps as their manager, and the centre of the group would be Randy Orton. The enforcer would be a returning heel Sheamus (at least that's what I thought back then) and your rookie/future of the company would have been - and this would have been a long shot - Drew Mcintyre. Triple H is good friends with all these people that for a moment I almost saw it coming. Plus this could have been something good for the chosen one to do.

Now with the return of Batista I can still see it happening because it's just a matter of time until he turns heel. I don't know really where this would leave Randy Orton if they are possibly going to face each other at Mania but the signs are there and I'd welcome another Evolution return regardless if it involves said members I mentioned above this paragraph or a group involving Batista, Orton, Triple H, and maybe Ambrose. I do see a split in the shield later on this year but that shall go in another forum.

Should WWE bring back Evolution?

In my opinion, yes they should. But without Ric Flair. A new version of Evolution.

At the height of Evolution’s success, every member of the formidable faction held a major title. Triple H was the centerpiece of the group as the World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton was the Intercontinental Champion and Batista & Flair were the World Tag Team Champions.

Yes, Flair could get dropped, everybody could jump up a spot and a young gun could get a rub. With Flair out of it, maybe, a loooooooong way down the line, he could even be in Bryan's corner for the blow-off match (at WM 31?).

Trips should definitely be the mentor, or "Flair". He has the added bonus of having more administrative (and physical) power than Flair had.

While I agree that it should probably be Orton that should be the focus ("HHH") of the group, what do you do with a big name like Batista? Does he take a back seat and stay the "Batista" of the group?

The toughest choice would be who to select as their "Orton". Reigns would be a good choice, but his planetary alignment seems to indicate a face turn, plus he has Rollins and Ambrose to work with in the eventual Shield break-up feud. I can't say myself who it'll be, but it has to be a guy the WWE would be prepared to invest a lot in, as well as a guy who is young (unlike Titus o'Neill, unfortunately). Big E comes to mind, but does Evolution 2 really need 3 huge bruisers?

This would do wonders for everybody involved in the gang, as well as Daniel Bryan.

I could see it happening the night after Mania if Bryan wins the title there. However I see it being a bit different in the way it's worked. I think Triple H would play a J.J. Dillon role and they could still have 4 guys capable of winning the titles like in the previous incarnation.

You'd think an NXT guy would certainly be added to the group and if they were going to use a guy from the current roster as well I think Cesaro would fit well although a face turn seems imminent.

This was my first thought, when Triple H and Stephannie hugged Batista during his return. There was a little tension between Batista and Triple H on Raw last Monday, but still, you can tell HHH is going out of his way to keep Batista happy (serving up Del Rio on a silver platter).

Orton could be the face this time, filling the present role. Batista could be the enforcer again, and I like the idea of Roman Reigns as the future. Triple H could fill the past spot, and he'll take on the managerial role, and maybe you can throw Flair in there as a ringside presence for Reigns, Orton, or Batista.

Of course, you need a white knight to rise up, and challenge the evil power. Bryan is an ideal choice. My only concern is going back to Bryan VS Orton again, because Bryan VS Orton dominated a good chunk of the WWE Championship picture last year. On top of that, Bryan and Orton had a series of non title matches together. Although, Bryan VS Batista has some potential, as a David VS Goliath feud.

Punk is gone for now, but I imagine Cena will step in and take a shot at Evolution 2.0 after a while to keep things fresh, if a reunion happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back