Can we talk about something crazy?

Too bad for them it's not about who deserves it the most, it's about drawing the most money.. It's a business, Shaq will draw a lot more, end of story.

LOL at Shaq-Big Show being a draw. The show is going to draw because it's friggin Wrestlemania and it draws regardless. There will be plenty of spectacle on the card.

The fans chant "please retire" at Big Show and y'all are talking like people will line up to see him wrestle a retired 45 year old ex bball player who was at his peak fame 15 years ago. Now Shaq is the guy whose shoes cost $20 at Wal-Mart that the kids make fun of each other for wearing.

I don't have any interest in seeing this match whatsoever.

I Respect Big Show for his longevity in this business but I don't think that I'm interested in seeing him fight a celebrity about whom I don't know much.

I would rather like to watch Big Show Vs. Braun Strowman instead of this.

I will ignore this match probably but if WWE can make it entertaining like that Stephen Amell with Stardust then I'm all in for this. If not, Then Ignoring is the only choice left.

By the way, Kudos to Big Show for coming in great shape.

It's sad actually, because this year's Wrestlemania doesn't need Shaq vs Big Show.. A bathroom break is always nice, but I just don't think that there's enough space for this match to happen.. There's just too much good talent right now in the company. Plus there's the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. That's TWO bathroom breaks.

I would accept Shaq vs Show, only if you add Big Cass or Cesaro on Shaq's side and Strowman or Sheamus on Big Show's side and make it a tag team match.
That way you can advertise your two future giants, Cass and Strowman
or
Continue riding the fun train of Cesaro and Sheamus and have them fight each other at Wrestlemania.

PS: Yeah, I want to see Cass or Cesaro bodyslamming Big Show at Wrestlemania, in homage to Hogan slamming Andre.

EDIT: Add Styles vs friggin Shane O'Mac in there, and you have 2 superstars that won't affect the actual drawing power of the event, Shane and Shaq, wrestling on Wrestlemania, at a Wrestlemania where they're not really needed, because the entire roster will be there this year and nobody's injured!!!

Folks who declare that regular roster members "deserve" anything at Wrestlemania don't understand how professional wrestling works. It's NEVER been about "rewarding" the talent. Not before, certainly not now, and won't be going into the future. The only thing about Mania (and the industry in general), cares about is dollars and cents. The WWE didn't get as as big as it did by handing out what amounts to participation trophies.

LOL at Shaq-Big Show being a draw. The show is going to draw because it's friggin Wrestlemania and it draws regardless. There will be plenty of spectacle on the card.

The fans chant "please retire" at Big Show and y'all are talking like people will line up to see him wrestle a retired 45 year old ex bball player who was at his peak fame 15 years ago. Now Shaq is the guy whose shoes cost $20 at Wal-Mart that the kids make fun of each other for wearing.

There's a difference between drawing and drawing more. This match is designed to get the interest of people who would not typically attend a WM but live in the Orlando area and remember caring about Shaq during his Magic days. It is meant to get the basketball fan to shell out a measly $10 to see what it looks like to see an enormously popular and incredibly large former basketball player fight the largest athlete in the world.

This is not meant to be the draw for kids or wrestling fans. But the world is bigger than the shrinking WWE Universe, you not liking this match does not mean others won't take notice.

I'm sorry. I've read all of your posts on this matter and you are really missing the point. Including Shaq is a way of drawing people who wouldn't otherwise watch WrestleMania, or report on WrestleMania, to purchase/watch/pay attention to WrestleMania. Nikki and Natalya are good performers and are there all year and could put on a fine match--and not a single person that was not going to acknowledge WrestleMania will now do so because they are on the card. Shaq brings more people in.

I have seen this argument for years and I don't think I've said anything about it before now; but, this ill will towards part-timers taking spots away from full-time superstars...it's nonsense. Do you think Vince wants to shell out all kinds of money for these part-timers/celebs? I doubt it. I'm sure he would love if his roster could draw the eyes and ears and money--but they can't. Of course, wrestling fans will always watch WrestleMania. There are also former fans like me who don't watch NXT, never watch SmackDown, occasionally watch Raw and will watch Mania every year. What seems to happen is wrestling fans--the IWC, whatever you want to call it--don't realize how small of a sample they are. There are a lot of you, but there are way more people who aren't in the IWC. These are the people Vince wants involved. Having a world-famous Shaq or a year-round contributing Heath Slater is a no-brainer and the sooner you full-time supporters realize that, the less upset you will be.

Part-timers and celebs draw more. Full-timers need to "get their New Day on" and create something for themselves. Otherwise, step aside and let the old-timers in to pick up your slack. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

I'm sorry. I've read all of your posts on this matter and you are really missing the point. Including Shaq is a way of drawing people who wouldn't otherwise watch WrestleMania, or report on WrestleMania, to purchase/watch/pay attention to WrestleMania. Nikki and Natalya are good performers and are there all year and could put on a fine match--and not a single person that was not going to acknowledge WrestleMania will now do so because they are on the card. Shaq brings more people in.

I have seen this argument for years and I don't think I've said anything about it before now; but, this ill will towards part-timers taking spots away from full-time superstars...it's nonsense. Do you think Vince wants to shell out all kinds of money for these part-timers/celebs? I doubt it. I'm sure he would love if his roster could draw the eyes and ears and money--but they can't. Of course, wrestling fans will always watch WrestleMania. There are also former fans like me who don't watch NXT, never watch SmackDown, occasionally watch Raw and will watch Mania every year. What seems to happen is wrestling fans--the IWC, whatever you want to call it--don't realize how small of a sample they are. There are a lot of you, but there are way more people who aren't in the IWC. These are the people Vince wants involved. Having a world-famous Shaq or a year-round contributing Heath Slater is a no-brainer and the sooner you full-time supporters realize that, the less upset you will be.

Part-timers and celebs draw more. Full-timers need to "get their New Day on" and create something for themselves. Otherwise, step aside and let the old-timers in to pick up your slack. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
I agree with you that Part-timers draw more than Full-timers. Now here's another point of view. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Brock Lesnar draws. Right? I'm okay with him getting main events of big events like Wrestlemania or Summerslam. But is it okay to have a part-timer squash a full-timer like Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins or Randy Orton? In the end, you need to make Full-timers a star who can draw on their own, right? Daniel Bryan was made a star. But would he ever become a draw if a part-timer squashes him easily? I liked Brock's match with Reigns because it was competitive and it showed that Full-timers can stand toe to toe with part-timers. But what to do when a full-timer who you want to be a drawing star in future is getting squashed by a part-timer? That's what needs to be stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back