The position of many championships and superstars for Wrestlemania 33.

I've been thinking. Let's count down the big dogs that will appear on Wrestlemania, the people who will have a match spot no matter what. Here they are:

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar
Goldberg
Triple H
Rollins
Owens
Orton
Reigns
Ambrose
Styles
Y2J
Bray Wyatt possibly

Now these are 12-13 people, most likely set to compete in singles matches, which in total would make at least 6 singles matches. The problem is that Wrestlemania holds 8 to 9 matches MAX. Big Show vs Shaq also seems to be set in stone. But this creates many problems. First of all I see no space for two tag division matches and definately no space for two women's matches. Forget the Cruiserweights. These guys are in for the pre-show. Also add the Andre the Giant Battle Royal in there.

And I still haven't talked about quite possibly the best Intercontinental Champion in recent memory, the Miz. Where does the Miz fit in all of this? He definately does not deserve to be left of the card, especially after such a year. So how can WWE adress all of this?

Probably make Wrestlemania 5 hours. But add a 2-hour pre-show and you have 7 straight hours. That's a bit too much. That's like an entire rock festival, the crowd will be dead in most matches and if matches end up invovling the people I listed, the crowd will end up gased by the end of the show.

IMO, you can't fit everyone in, but they should build the show around 9 matches that involve only the best. For example you can't leave New Day of the card, you can't leave Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Lynch and Nikki of the card, but you can't also throw in there meaningless tag team matches.

Also another thing is that this year's Mania will be heavy on part-timers. I count 5 people: Cena, Taker, Goldberg, HHH and Lesnar. Plus Big Show and Shaq, that makes it 7. Too much. Add the fact that they will most likely wrestle each other, it makes things even worse. So that's why I believe that if Goldberg will face Lesnar at Wrestlemania, Cena shouldn't face Taker. It would be too much.

But anyway, back on topic, WWE needs something to make things right by Wrestlemania time. Another idea would be to split the card, since the Rumble will also hold 60,000+ people. Maybe take the big Wrestlemania card, split it in two. Half the matches happen at the Rumbe, the other half happen at Wrestlemania. Stupid idea I know.

What do you think?

This is what I would like to see happen and maybe it would cut the list down somewhat. The rumour has been floating that Cena VS Taker will be on the card, so will Lesnar/Goldberg. That takes 4 off the list in just two matches.

For the rest, would love to see Samoa Joe get a surprise entry in the Rumble, win it and go on to face Styles at Mania. They have a history and it would be great to see that play out. You can see cracks in the Jericho/Owens friendship and there is another match.

HHH doesn't need to be in every Mania and he has no real storyline going into this one, unless he can get involved in the Jericho/Owens feud.

As for Rollins and company, they need a huge match to sell this card. I don't think Lesnar and Goldberg is enough considering the squash at SS. So this is the way I would book it. Have Orton and Bray win the tag titles at TLC tonight. Have them go on a tear terrorizing the locker room, even have them show up on RAW to do the same thing from time to time. Let them lose the titles at the Rumble this should piss them off so much they ratchet up the attacks on other wrestlers. As punishment they don't get a match at Mania. But they show up anyway and try to get involved, you then hear SIERRA, HILTON, INDIA, ECHO, LIMA, DELTA.......SHIELD. The Shield can reunite for one night at Mania and take care of the Wyatts and Orton. But it would have be to a huge surprise for it to work.

The place would blow apart, also it would take care of most of your list. Should be more than enough room on the card and the preshow for the women, tag teams and the Andre the Giant Battle Memorial.

We all know Goldberg- Lesnar is for Mania. Also, we got confirmed Big Show vs Shaq for the event. Cena would probably get Taker, while Rollins would get HHH. Maybe Owens and Y2J implode on Mania. Also rumor is Reigns gets Strowman although only reason for that is that Vince somehow see that as money match. Dunno about Styles and Ambrose but pretty sure Orton could decimate Lame Wyatt in one very low card match. Also women would get big spot so could see tripple threat with Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley with Bayley on top. Add Intercontinental, US(if Reigns is no longer champ there), tagteams x2 and you have very full card there. Oh, and second woman championship featuring Nikki Bella, how could I forget about that.

This is what i hate about the WWE, all these guys busting their asses all year only to have their spot taken by 90´s and early 2000´s has beens, Shaq vs The Big Show, that is a waste of time, it will be a slow and boring match, Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar, instead of wasting time on a guy that is not worth the time, they should book Strowman vs Lesnar, or someone who deserves it more than Goldberg, someone who can use the push, like Owens, Reigns, the Women's matches also deserve some quality time, but instead of that, they will bring the rock, Goldberg, Shaq, to the rest of the locker room that is a big slap in the face.....

Here's the way I see mania shaping up

Balor or Jericho wins Rumble

Andre Giant Battle Royal pre-show
Owens/Jericho/Reigns for universal Champ (they seem to want Reigns back in Main event)
Styles/Balor (if hes ready, if not Samoa Joe for WWE Heavyweight champ
Shane/Ambrose hardcore Match
Taker/Cena retirement match
HHH/Rollins (match that was suppose to happen last year before Rollins injury)
Lesner/Goldberg
Shaq/Big Show
IC match Miz/Corbin
US Match Rusev/Stroman
Raw Tag champ New Day/Gallows-Anderson/Enzo-Big Cass
Smackdown Tag Orton-Wyatt/Am. Alpha
RAw Womans champ Charlotte/Bailey/Banks
Smackdwn Womans champs Lynch/Bliss/Bella

Do you still go HHH/Rollins? if not then then put Rollins in Owens/Jerico triple threat, they'll have to find something for reigns

This is what I would like to see happen and maybe it would cut the list down somewhat. The rumour has been floating that Cena VS Taker will be on the card, so will Lesnar/Goldberg. That takes 4 off the list in just two matches.

For the rest, would love to see Samoa Joe get a surprise entry in the Rumble, win it and go on to face Styles at Mania. They have a history and it would be great to see that play out. You can see cracks in the Jericho/Owens friendship and there is another match.

HHH doesn't need to be in every Mania and he has no real storyline going into this one, unless he can get involved in the Jericho/Owens feud.

As for Rollins and company, they need a huge match to sell this card. I don't think Lesnar and Goldberg is enough considering the squash at SS. So this is the way I would book it. Have Orton and Bray win the tag titles at TLC tonight. Have them go on a tear terrorizing the locker room, even have them show up on RAW to do the same thing from time to time. Let them lose the titles at the Rumble this should piss them off so much they ratchet up the attacks on other wrestlers. As punishment they don't get a match at Mania. But they show up anyway and try to get involved, you then hear SIERRA, HILTON, INDIA, ECHO, LIMA, DELTA.......SHIELD. The Shield can reunite for one night at Mania and take care of the Wyatts and Orton. But it would have be to a huge surprise for it to work.

The place would blow apart, also it would take care of most of your list. Should be more than enough room on the card and the preshow for the women, tag teams and the Andre the Giant Battle Memorial.

A shield reunion would definately free up lots of space on the card. I have this extreme idea that involves Shield vs Club vs Wyatts in a triple threat trios match. That would be an absolute masterpiece..

I think many of you missed my point.. I don't want to discuss the potential card, but what will happen to people like the Miz and half of WWE's championships. There's no room for them. How do you fix this?

Don't post cards with more than 10-11 matches. That's ridiculous.

PS: of course HHH will be wrestling at Mania.

There could be a number of multi-person matches at WrestleMania for various titles. For instance, there's been an Intercontinental Championship ladder match at the past 2 WrestleMania events and there's no reason it can't happen in 2017. As for the United States Championship, there are options for Fatal Fourway or Fiveway matches, possibly tossing in an elimination stipulation for the match, possibly a championship scramble for the SmackDown Women's Championship. Also, there's a two hour kickoff show so it's not out of the realm of possibility that one a couple of title matches could happen there.

WrestleMania is the biggest payday of the year and WWE has made conscious efforts to involve the entire roster; that's a good thing, in my opinion, because it'll be the highlight of the year for some of them. That's the primary reason why the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is used in the first place. For instance, I can easily see the Cruiserweight Championship defended on the kickoff show.

There are creative ways of incorporating title matches. Most of them involve big multi-person matches, which can be a lot of fun.

You posted a WM topic. Of course people aren't going to read it and chime in with "their card" even though it's not the subject at all.

Also, the midcard champs will get their spots, but in a setting like WM, it's more often than not going to be a filler match. People around here even still don't seem to understand that WM is more of a show than a wrestling event, and people like Shaq, or whatever celebrity they get that year, are always going to have a spot on the card. It's not a "slap in the face" to anyone. It's business as usual.

You posted a WM topic. Of course people aren't going to read it and chime in with "their card" even though it's not the subject at all.

Also, the midcard champs will get their spots, but in a setting like WM, it's more often than not going to be a filler match. People around here even still don't seem to understand that WM is more of a show than a wrestling event, and people like Shaq, or whatever celebrity they get that year, are always going to have a spot on the card. It's not a "slap in the face" to anyone. It's business as usual.

True. WrestleMania can sometimes be more about spectacle than anything else. After all, why else would the Rock get like 30+ minutes to do his thing other than giving fans a treat: the spectacle of the biggest action star in the world and all time WWE great standing in the middle of the ring doing his classic schtick.

The past several years, WrestleMania has generated record setting revenue and has brought in north of $100 million to the local economy. One reason they're able to do that is by having "spectacles" like Brock Lesnar, like the Rock, like Austin, like Hogan, like the possibility of Shaq vs. Big Show.

Enough with the part-timers and old guys and non wrestlers. So sick of the Mania formula. When WWF was at its hottest in the late 90s-early 00s, they relied on their actual current wrestlers. Who the hell wants to see Shaq and Big Show? SMH.

No Show. No Shaq. No Shane. No Taker. Let's move on. Goldberg-Lesnar is enough spectacle.

I've been thinking. Let's count down the big dogs that will appear on Wrestlemania, the people who will have a match spot no matter what. Here they are:

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar
Goldberg
Triple H
Rollins
Owens
Orton
Reigns
Ambrose
Styles
Y2J
Bray Wyatt possibly

Now these are 12-13 people, most likely set to compete in singles matches, which in total would make at least 6 singles matches. The problem is that Wrestlemania holds 8 to 9 matches MAX. Big Show vs Shaq also seems to be set in stone. But this creates many problems. First of all I see no space for two tag division matches and definately no space for two women's matches. Forget the Cruiserweights. These guys are in for the pre-show. Also add the Andre the Giant Battle Royal in there.

And I still haven't talked about quite possibly the best Intercontinental Champion in recent memory, the Miz. Where does the Miz fit in all of this? He definately does not deserve to be left of the card, especially after such a year. So how can WWE adress all of this?

Probably make Wrestlemania 5 hours. But add a 2-hour pre-show and you have 7 straight hours. That's a bit too much. That's like an entire rock festival, the crowd will be dead in most matches and if matches end up invovling the people I listed, the crowd will end up gased by the end of the show.

IMO, you can't fit everyone in, but they should build the show around 9 matches that involve only the best. For example you can't leave New Day of the card, you can't leave Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Lynch and Nikki of the card, but you can't also throw in there meaningless tag team matches.

Also another thing is that this year's Mania will be heavy on part-timers. I count 5 people: Cena, Taker, Goldberg, HHH and Lesnar. Plus Big Show and Shaq, that makes it 7. Too much. Add the fact that they will most likely wrestle each other, it makes things even worse. So that's why I believe that if Goldberg will face Lesnar at Wrestlemania, Cena shouldn't face Taker. It would be too much.

But anyway, back on topic, WWE needs something to make things right by Wrestlemania time. Another idea would be to split the card, since the Rumble will also hold 60,000+ people. Maybe take the big Wrestlemania card, split it in two. Half the matches happen at the Rumbe, the other half happen at Wrestlemania. Stupid idea I know.

What do you think?

WrestleMania 32 had 12 matches, 11 serious matches. There's plenty of space and time.

I can't see a legitimate star on SDL right now to face Miz at WM besides Bryan which isn't going to happen. I'm sure they'll have a multi-man ladder match for the IC title for the 3rd year in a row.

WWE seems to love trying to squeeze everybody on the card, despite this being the Super Bowl of wrestling.

I don't see any major tag match storylines for WM. So we'll probably see WWE get lazy and have 2 multi team tag matches just to get 16 guys a match.

Women could have some interesting one on one matches - a one on one like Charlotte vs. Bayley where Bayley can finally win the Women's Championship for RAW. SDL you could have Nikki finally get a title shot after her return at Summerslam or you could have Bliss vs. Nikki vs. Becky (to try to top Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky this year) or you could have Nikki vs. Becky, a passing of the torch match.

WM is unlike no other wrestling event, fans can endure it and it's not like WWE would have Goldberg vs. Brock, HHH vs. Rollins, Taker vs. Cena, back to back.

Enough with the part-timers and old guys and non wrestlers. So sick of the Mania formula. When WWF was at its hottest in the late 90s-early 00s, they relied on their actual current wrestlers. Who the hell wants to see Shaq and Big Show? SMH.

No Show. No Shaq. No Shane. No Taker. Let's move on. Goldberg-Lesnar is enough spectacle.
I am all okay for No Big Show, No Shaq and No Shane.

But Undertaker? There's no chance that The Undertaker won't fight his 25th match at Wrestlemania 33. Even if he has to retire after Wrestlemania 33, I don't think that Vince would leave him off the card at any cost unless he isn't physically cleared for in-ring action.

Plus, I don't want to see Goldberg Vs Brock Lesnar III either. It's pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back