• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Wade Barrett be a successful face?

Honestly, I think the answer is it depends. I find it interesting that everyone talks about his persona and mic skills to pull off being a face, and I agree that he could probably do it. However, I don't think he has--at least right now--the wrestling ability to be a credible face. To be a good face, you have to be good in the ring, and barrett is not. Heels can get away with to some extent by cheating but faces do not have that luxury.

So to answer the original question, I think Barrett could be a successful face but he needs to get a lot better in the ring to pull it off.

Wade Barrett is a great talented wrestler and heel but i don't think it suits him to turn face but a great storyline for when/if he does go face is to put him against his nexus teammates! what a great storyline that would be.

I'm not sure. I mean I guess WWE could make it work, but in the end Wade Barrett is a born heel. He has the look, as well as the fact that he's British which automatically will garner him more heat than a regular American coming along and being like Wade.

Wade isn't the type of guy that is "super exciting" in the ring. He's sorta slow paced and he works his opponent rather than a fast paced style or something that functions well for a face. Wade's move set is very heelish, and his whole persona is very heelish. Turning him face right now, or in the nearest future would most likely do more damage than good to him. Especially considering the fact that WWE has been red hot on building Wade over the past 6 months, and seems to finally have accomplished it.

So Wade being turned face, or ever becoming face and making it work seems the least likely thing for Wade's future right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back