Can Edge Stop Biting Off Of Rhino?

You are a very negiative nelly Rhino is a pretty decent promo when produced properly, look at his ECW work. How is 2005-present the decline of Wrestling? WWE has been making pretty major profits in an era of financial collapse. Not to mention being more profitable than at any time of in its history.

ECW was pretty much the TNA X Division. Low budget, less popular guys, etc. So Rhyno compared to a Taz or something looks significantly better than Rhyno against anyone from WWE or WCW back in the day. That's like me bragging that I beat a 12 year old in basketball. Had I played with better players...I'd probably get my ass kicked.

2005-present is the decline of wrestling because there hasn't been any competition really. TNA is barely a blip compared to what WCW was. And when there is no competition...all you have to do is continue to occupy your customers that just barely meet their satisfaction requirements. Look at what happened when WCW started beating WWF in the mid-to-late 90's...wrestling was absolutely amazing because they challenged each other to take it to the next step and out do the other. When you don't have to worry about your competitor stealing more of your fanbase...you don't have to worry about taking it to the next level...you can just coast along doing the same thing over and over again just substituting a new guy here and there. That's exactly what the WWE has done.

WWE makes good profit because it's built itself a reputation over the years and is currently the only real main wreslting organization out there (that travels anyway - and TNA is still ridiculously small compared to them). It's not necessarily because people love seeing John Cena win the World Title every week on Raw...it's because they grew up watching and loving wrestling and now have their own children...and got them to start watching it and it's a cycle. I'd be willing to bet it's not because Hornswaggle runs around the ring or because Rey Mysterio Jr. was a World Champion.

And the WWF was most profitable in 99-00 actually. But it's actually making a lot of it's money with it's bad movies it's putting out. Had they put out their own movies in any other year I'm sure you would have seen a jump in profits...especially in 99-00. There's more merchandise today than there ever was...that's the main reason. Back in the day you could buy Bret Harts sunglasses, a foam belt, or a t shirt. Today you can buy actual title belts with leather and all, rey mysterio's mask, DX glow sticks, literally anything you can think of is sold. THAT is why it's most profitable. Not because MVP is running around in a one piece bathing suit with a anti-snore breathing strip on his nose.

ECW was pretty much the TNA X Division. Low budget, less popular guys, etc.

I dont know where to start with this ECW drew equal and/or better buyrates, TV ratings and attendences.

2005-present is the decline of wrestling because there hasn't been any competition really.

Once again Wrestling is not in decline WWE are making record profits.

WWE makes good profit because it's built itself a reputation over the years and is currently the only real main wreslting organization out there (that travels anyway - and TNA is still ridiculously small compared to them). It's not necessarily because people love seeing John Cena win the World Title every week on Raw...it's because they grew up watching and loving wrestling and now have their own children...and got them to start watching it and it's a cycle. I'd be willing to bet it's not because Hornswaggle runs around the ring or because Rey Mysterio Jr. was a World Champion..

I dont know what this rambling has anything to with this.

And the WWF was most profitable in 99-00 actually.

I guess you didnt read last year's Annual Report, WWE is more profitable than ever.

I dont know where to start with this ECW drew equal and/or better buyrates, TV ratings and attendences.

ECW drew equal and/or better buyrates, TV ratings and attendences to what? TNA's X Division which is what I'm talking about??

Once again Wrestling is not in decline WWE are making record profits.

Wrong. In 1999/2000 they made nearly $69M in profits. In 2009, they made just over $50M. Now perhaps you're just not understanding things due to total revenue. Total revenue back in 1999-2000 was over $100M less...but the PROFITS (which is what you were specifically talking about) are not record setting by any means.

I dont know what this rambling has anything to with this.

If anything...this sentence is rambling as it doesn't even make sense. But you don't seem to understand anything at all so far...so this doesn't really come as a shocker.

I guess you didnt read last year's Annual Report, WWE is more profitable than ever.

I guess YOU didn't read ANY annual report...because you don't seem to understand the difference between revenue and profit is.

ECW drew equal and/or better buyrates, TV ratings and attendences to what? TNA's X Division which is what I'm talking about??

What does TNA's X Division have to do with this thread anyway? An argument can be made ECW was successful as TNA full stop.

In 2009, they made just over $50M.

In a recession yet you claim Wrestling is in a decline.

If anything...this sentence is rambling as it doesn't even make sense. But you don't seem to understand anything at all so far...so this doesn't really come as a shocker.

As you are arguing all these various points which nothing to with the thread title. Making these weird comments about Taz, Hornswoggle et al.

What does TNA's X Division have to do with this thread anyway? An argument can be made ECW was successful as TNA full stop.

This is exactly what I originally said above. Full stop or not, ECW was basically the same thing as TNA (BUT more like the X Division in terms of wrestling).

In a recession yet you claim Wrestling is in a decline.

I provided full details as to why. They created more merchandise and added a movie production company in order to offset the decline in interest. Even with all of these added merchandise and movie studies and such...they STILL failed to meet their actual record setting profits of 1999-2000. This is what businesses do.

As you are arguing all these various points which nothing to with the thread title. Making these weird comments about Taz, Hornswoggle et al.

I said that Rhyno certainly would have looked better in ECW when he was facing bums like Taz...and I talked about how WWE is making money through their merchandise and movie sales...not Horswaggle running around the ring. Apparently you disagree and watch mainly for his antics...so there are exceptions of course. Just not many.

Once again what does this have to with the thread? Sexton Hardcastle and Rhino Richards must be shaking their heads at this. lol

Once again what does this have to with the thread? Sexton Hardcastle and Rhino Richards must be shaking their heads at this. lol

Now you can't deny that Rhino Richards has the clear inferior name in this regard...

...the only name that could possibly rival Sexton Hardcastle may be "Rugged" Ronny Garvin...

I keed, I keed.

Rhyno?? That guy is basically the Renegade but fatter and still alive. Zero charisma and should have never become anything.

Goldberg's career started undefeated and he became the biggest thing in wrestling at the height of it's popularity.

Edge, on the other hand, was a Gangrel lacky who finally made it big during the decline of wrestling. I still like Edge, and that's not his fault...but saying that Edge will be remembered and that Goldberg will be forgotten is just insanity.

Not really saying Goldberg would be forgotten but they hay very different Debuts, while Goldberg started aiming right to the top and Edge progresevely started as a Mid-card attraction until he reached the top eventually.

The ladder Edge climbed was way more difficult than Goldberg's, besides from what WCW was paying Goldberg they needed to make something special out of him and fortunately for them Goldberg also has all the tools to make it happen, but don't tell me he is a legend in the Wrestling World because that is not true, same applies for Brock Lesnar.

Edge is no legend at all yet but he has more chances fo it than Rhyno or Goldberg.

Not really saying Goldberg would be forgotten but they hay very different Debuts, while Goldberg started aiming right to the top and Edge progresevely started as a Mid-card attraction until he reached the top eventually.

The ladder Edge climbed was way more difficult than Goldberg's, besides from what WCW was paying Goldberg they needed to make something special out of him and fortunately for them Goldberg also has all the tools to make it happen, but don't tell me he is a legend in the Wrestling World because that is not true, same applies for Brock Lesnar.

Edge is no legend at all yet but he has more chances fo it than Rhyno or Goldberg.

Well this is all personal preference and relative to each individual fan I guess.

To me, Edge is in a different period where the main event star isn't as "glorious" as it used to be. The belt is passed around WAY more and almost anybody can have it at any time. I still enjoy Edge a lot more than most of the other wrestlers these days...but when I compare him to some of the main eventers of the past, I just almost can't compare them because of how different it is now.

Goldberg on the other hand, had a very similar short lived career to the Ultimate Warrior (only substituting the cool facepaint, colors, and dangling threads for simple boring black briefs and an equally as boring goatee). He was on top of the world...if for only a moment...and then disappeared. Very Warrior like. Edge's character will never see the same peak that Goldberg and Warrior had been at...but he'll see a much longer, much more consistent career than they had. So basically you have to decide - what is better? Consistency in above averageness and/or mediocrity? or 5-6 years that included a decent period where you were the biggest thing in the game?

Everybody has their own opinion. I personally would rather take the latter.

As for Rhyno, he doesn't fit in either of these categories...which is why I originally left him out of the conversation. He should have taken Taz's route and headed behind the desk...but Taz beat him to the punch.

Well this is all personal preference and relative to each individual fan I guess.

To me, Edge is in a different period where the main event star isn't as "glorious" as it used to be. The belt is passed around WAY more and almost anybody can have it at any time. I still enjoy Edge a lot more than most of the other wrestlers these days...but when I compare him to some of the main eventers of the past, I just almost can't compare them because of how different it is now.

Goldberg on the other hand, had a very similar short lived career to the Ultimate Warrior (only substituting the cool facepaint, colors, and dangling threads for simple boring black briefs and an equally as boring goatee). He was on top of the world...if for only a moment...and then disappeared. Very Warrior like. Edge's character will never see the same peak that Goldberg and Warrior had been at...but he'll see a much longer, much more consistent career than they had. So basically you have to decide - what is better? Consistency in above averageness and/or mediocrity? or 5-6 years that included a decent period where you were the biggest thing in the game?

Everybody has their own opinion. I personally would rather take the latter.

As for Rhyno, he doesn't fit in either of these categories...which is why I originally left him out of the conversation. He should have taken Taz's route and headed behind the desk...but Taz beat him to the punch.

I see you your point and respect it, since like you said is matter of opinion, but you also have to see it from the stand point the business is af of right now.

I mean what you carl averageness or mediocrity is is not because the guy has work his as off for it and the career in the case of Edge can be anything but mediocre or average since it has been more than 10 years of hard work and finally getting recognition.

It was completely different with Warrior and Goldberg because Warrior came in when there was a need to find soethign like a new Hulk Hogan, only Younger and more into the rebellious time and When Goldberg came along there was also anew for a new hero, kind of a tough Superman to counter a little bit the Anti-hero and common man that Austin represented at the time.

Also, Goldberg was huge investment and the needed to make somethign out of it, which fortunately they did since he has the tools to make it possible, just like the WWE did with Lesnar while he lasted.

Edge got there just as a young guy with potential, and had come a long way to be one of the top and more reliable guy in the company, the perfect villain for every top face in the company, to me that is not been mediocre, but very successful at what he does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back