• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bully Ray Should Bully More!

The Hillside

Pre-Show Stalwart
They should do an angle where Bully Ray starts bullying children and women every now and then and then have someone like Sting or Angle come out as a savior someday.

Should be a fresh storyline and it will fit well with Bully Ray's gimmick and considering how big of a heel he is at the moment. A big feud with Angle or Sting over that will help Ray's rise to the World Title as well.

What say?

I'm not sure I understand you... so he's picking on women & children, like from the audience or something? That's being less of a bully and more of a piece of shit, don't you think? I don't really make a connection between someone who targets women & children to a World Title contender. I'm with you on an Ray/Angle angle or a Bully/Sting thing on TV, though.

You're definitely thinking dastardly, though, I'll give ya that.

His ecw heel promos got some of the most heat from a crowd i have ever seen dude nearly started a couple of riots with fans they just need to tone that down for tv some

Definitely taking it to the next level here, but I see what you are saying. I wouldn't take it as far as bullying kids and women, but I think bullying more refs and backstage interviewers would not be a bad thing. I took a liking to him as a singles star because of the things he would say and how aggressive he was. I think they should stick with that and raise the bar with it a little more.

Bullying is mostly what is related to children. I thought such an angle has never been done before and will make Bully Ray a more hated and a bigger heel then before. Children will start to really hate him and mark out totally for a savior like Angle or Sting to save them out.

Ofcourse all the bullying victims will be part of the storyline and paid by TNA and staged by TNA.

He does do it but at house shows. This happened on the UK tour, an elderly woman was in attendence who was somewhat of a local hero. She defended her home against some burglars. This is what he said:

[youtube]?v=Yy7l2Gln5pA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

I was at that show, Bully Ray was the perfect heel. I loved how he was wearing a Liverpool shirt and praised Steven Gerrard while in Manchester.

I wasn't expecting him to turn on the old woman though, but it was a cool move. Obviously she was in on it and knew it was going to happen but it shocked the fans. She was involved with the ending of the main event too, where Hogan took her walking stick and hit either Ray or Roode with it.

I definitely think Bully Ray needs to become more abusive though, to commentators, backstage interviewers, referees, crew members etc. It would really make him look even more of a bully and an asshole

I think Bully Ray is fine where he is at the moment. He's locked in a storyline where the idea is that he gets his comeuppance and gets bullied back in return. But Bully Ray is a very general character and he's immensely good at what he does, so as soon as he's not locked in a feud he can turn it on and with ease chase for a world title. I think Bully Ray would make one of the best old school antagonists you could envision of anybody working today if he was given a shot against a top face and the title. Storm, Aries or Hardy would all conceivably work very well.

But right now he doesn't need to do that. Right now he needs to keep his bullying tendencies on a leash and locked into the story he's currently involved in. As soon as he gets out, though, having the Bully part of Bully Ray really come back into practice would be a logical first step to moving back onto the bigger and better.

I've said it before. but one thing TNA is constantly making me do is to question the boundaries we set for the prime age of a wrestler. Sting is going strong and delivering solid work on a consistent basis week-in, week-out, Devon is a well over face as the TV champ and a good holder of the belt, Hogan can still do his thing well when needs be, RVD can deliver match after match, Daniels doesn;t miss a step and is a solid all round performer and then there's Bully Ray. Ray is miles better than he's ever been. And it all just came out of nothing. Now he's 40+ and arguably the best heel working today. And he did it all by just breaking thing back down to basics, be an ********, people will dislike you.

I think Bully Ray should and will bully more, just not right now. Right now it would be detrimental to a feud which I have very much enjoyed.

Bully Ray is on such a roll right now. His feud with Aries was gold! He is playing such an asshole and he does that great, but I agree that after current angle is finished he should be even more of a dick. If you compare his character to Brock Lesnar, they don't differ all that much at the moment. He might get pops...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back