• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryan/Sheamus.... again.

Actually disagree with most here. I think a returning sheamus heel could really work. He enters the rumble, Bryan eliminates him, he goes back in and throws Bryan out, we've seen it all before but imagine the heat he'd get after they'd cheered his return and then he illegally eliminates Bryan. They then fued up to elimination chamber, does not have to be all the way to Mania. This could lead to Bryan earning his main event spot as it was taken away from him unfairly, much like Steve Austin at Valentines Day Massacre. He gets slotted into the Main event which this year i believe won't be a 1 on 1 but possibly a triple threat or fatal four way after Punk wins the rumble. This frees up space for those big matches, perhaps Taker/Lesnar and Orton/ Batista...by this point Sheamus is a pretty big upper mid card heel and could easily take on someone like Big E Langston or Face Roman Reigns at Mania...i'd be happy with all that, but still wouldnt completely hate an over heel Sheamus vs Bryan at Mania.

Maybe the storyline to this match will be huge. Maybe Sheamus is with the authority, maybe he's "following the buzzards," you never know. Maybe the match will be pushed heavily as one of the "big 4" matches on the card. You'll have Taker/Brock, Punk/HHH, Batista/Orton and prolly Sheamus/Bryan. Cena will more than likely face Bray or team with Hogan, both of which are upper-midcard matches much like what Batista/Umaga was in 2008.

I also thought Bryan would have a bigger role at WM30 considering the amount of reaction he's been getting. You know, maybe a title match, or the streak, or HHH or HBK. I don't have a problem with Sheamus/Bryan as long as it's being built as a huge big time match and the storyline is great. That way in the end, it'll seem as though Bryan did have a huge match at WM.

I'm honestly starting to think that Sheamus/Bryan could be a good rivalry. They already faced at 'mania twice, put on great matches, and backstage storyline-wise; WM28 was suppose to make Sheamus a star, but in the end, Bryan became the bigger star. When it's all said and done Bryan's main WWE career rival will either be Sheamus or Orton.

You don't put your best star in an undercard match. That's just ridiculous. They will find a way to get him in one of the big 3 matches. Even if they have to do it against Undertaker.

If they truly do want this huge YES chant, putting DB against Sheamus won't do it justice.

Unless...

Sheamus stops Bryan before the bell rings, calls Triple H up on the apron, he bends over, Sheamus then kisses the game's ass, turns around for a knee to the face from Bryan. 1! 2! 3!!!!! In under 17 sec Bryan beats Sheamus.

BIGGEST YES CHANT EVER!!!!!!

Sheamus vs Bryan, Cena vs Bray Wyatt, The Warrior vs Ryback, all proposed Mania matches that have been tossed around and all most likely designed to distract from the real matches. Just today Bryan said he wasn't in the Rumble because Triple H didn't want him to get a title shot, Bryan wasn't shooting, he was working and I still hold a glimmer of hope that he will win the Rumble.

At any rate I don't see this happening, WWE want a Bryan win at Mania IMO, whether it's in the title match or further down the card, they want that big YES! chant finale to his match. If Sheamus is coming back as a heel he needs to cement that with a big win in his first feud, not a loss at Mania. So while the match would be good I don't see it as a good fit for either guy at this juncture.

Im ok with Bryan facing Sheamus at Wrestlemania. The two of them have good chemistry inside the ring. If Sheamus returns heel it would be great way to get instant heat on him. As other have said it would tell a good story of Bryan getting redemption against the man who defeated him in 18 seconds and ended his first World title reign at Mania. Im sure will get back into title picture after Wrestlemania season and when all the part timers are gone.

I'm fine with this. I'd much rather see Bryan fight Sheamus than somebody like Bray Wyatt that shouldn't even be on the WrestleMania card. The thought of Bryan vs. Undertaker doesn't thrill me, and I don't want to see Bryan going after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship because I've still got my fingers crossed on CM Punk winning the Royal Rumble, getting that title shot, and finally having the opportunity to close out WrestleMania. Bryan will have plenty of chances to close the show in the future. His WrestleMania matches have gotten bigger each year and a rematch with Sheamus and a shot at redemption for his WM28 defeat sounds pretty damn good to me.

if this is true, then finally we know that they never had any plans to pay off the daniel bryan chase for the title. And Im just done with paying money for the wwe than. I will stream everything, and not get the wwe network.

When you have a natural favorite like Daniel Bryan, anyone he works with will inevitably be talked about more than if they had faced most other performers.

Shaemus went along with a feud with HHH's other darling, Damien Sandow. The highlight being Shaemus kicking a computer monitor or something.

My point is; it seems like a desperate attempt to make the most of Shaemus' return. While I personally don't like Shaemus, he's had some wow moments of his own and apparently has a better idea of his place within the company. As I'm a diehard fan of Daniel Bryan, I'd pay money to watch him wrestle the ghost of Pez Whatley. I'm sure that they'll put together an awesome match, and that Daniel Bryan will finally get the singles match Wrestlemania win that he deserved two years ago.

Just saying. I was glued to the set during Wrestlemania 27, waiting for Daniel Bryan's Wrestlemania debut. It was announced at the pre-show that he would be on the PPV, only after about an hour of watching the absolute worst Wrestlemania of all time I had to have one of my friends tell me that an article posted online explained how their match was made into a dark match. A mother fucking dark match, that (no joke) The Great Khali won.

The next year I was driving to my friends house, anxious to see the opening match where Daniel Bryan would be defending against Shaemus. I arrived the very minute that the PPV was starting. By the time I got my beer and pizza and sat down, my friends were telling me that the match already happened and I had missed it. Shaemus won with his bicycle kick in 18 seconds, a move I could do when I was in the fucking second grade.

Needless to say, I chose not to piss away my hard earned money on last years' Wrestlemania. If Daniel Bryan is written off the card, or takes a clean loss in yet another of HHH's attempts to kill his momentum, I'm done investing any of what I earn in their fucking company.

The only way I could see this being plausible is Sheamus wins the RR, Cena beats Orton and loses his titles to Bryan before WM. It all seems to messy though. Ziggler for the win! ;)

The positives and negatives of this match
Positives- Sheamus becomes a solid heel, he goes back into a dominant character, you have great talent not just in the main event but in the mid-card as well
Negatives- Bryan is the most over superstar in wwe even more than Batista so this basically ruins his momentum, Bryan does not get his Benoit WM moment that he deserves(i think against Batista for the world title) and This match has happened three out of the last four WM's seriously use Bryan as the top guy absolutely no one has been this over on years, even when punk had his pipebomb

This is all triple h... He is the one not letting bryan in the rumble and he is the one making his boy sheamus face bryan to ruin his momentum. For some reason triple h hates bryan.. Maybe he doesn't want bryan to be a bigger star than him or maybe this is all a work. But I for one don't really trust wwe at all. We may all think that this is just fake rumors but as we all know hhh and Vince ego is just to much. But now Vince and hhh are stuck because they can't fire bryan becuse everyone will know the true reason and it would cause riots. They tried turning him heel to ruin his momentum but bryan popularity was just too much. You would think that the next step would be to just give in and give bryan the belt but no, now they are just going to ignore the chants, ignore the popularity, they are hoping that by wrestlemania season batista will be more popular than bryan by putting him in championship match instead of bryan. I hope that if bryan doesn't win the rumble batista gets boos all the way to mania with a mix of daniel bryan chants

This is the most whining I have ever seen...and I just dont understand it. WWE is a business and all businesses have a pecking order. If you have top sales on your job for 5-6 months, does your job just shoot you up the ladder past everyone else that has seniority over you and give you an opportunity that your peers haven't had yet? I dont think so. I think that the notion that DB deserves the main event and to close the show with the title belt is ridiculous. The wwe isnt desperate and I think that fans on here dont understand that all the other times that a so called "newbie" has been given the top spot at Mania was times between eras where the roster was terrible and they didnt really have a choice. This is a stacked WM card, they dont need to take a chance and throw DB in the main event. This is the same reason Cena wont turn heel, because they have no competition so they don't need to do anything drastic. DB will NOT increase ratings, so why take this chance? DB doesnt have a look or personality that would give him any crossover appeal into mainstream media and the only people that have any clue who he is are current fans. As much as people on here hate it, looks do matter. Our society chooses stars quite often because of there attractiveness. Take The Rock for example, the guy was huge, and women loved him which helped his career alot.

I love DB as much as the next guy but with the amount of talent on the current roster, I never expected him to main event. Ive watched wwe long enough to understand that he isnt in any position to main event. It just seems like some people just want to complain about everything the wwe does. Honestly there is only two maybe three people I think that deserve the Mania spot and DB isnt one of them. Cena, Taker, and maybe Punk. I would even say Orton over DB but fans on here are to blind to see DB's serious weaknesses when it comes to being a top talent. Look past the chants and pops because there is much more to being a top guy than just a fan reaction. WWE is the most watched pro wrestling company in the world for a reason...I think Vince knows what he's doing.

In a non-title match this is a pretty dull idea. The feud simply has no major appeal especially for a WM. There are better options for both, especially Bryan. He is ridiculously over: why not use that.

In my eyes, this is upper mid carder vs upper mid-carder. That should be fine but they have already wrestled before and with all the other wrestlers available it seems a little strange for this to happen. They had a great match at Extreme Rules in 2012. They can definitely work a great match but that is not why I'm not overly keen to see this.

If this was for the title then I'd much prefer that. Bryan wins the Rumble; Sheamus wins the belt inside the Chamber and the two face off. There is still plenty of names to fill the rest of the card and I would enjoy this match a bit more if the belt was on the line. They definitely need a little more then just these two wrestling over nothing and the prospect of Bryan winning the title is that.

It would be a great way to make the full circle. The YES chants became big after Bryan lost to Sheamus in 18 seconds. How great would it be for his crowning moment to be against Sheamus for the WWE Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 30. Moreover, Sheamus is a "Triple H guy" so that could tie in quite nicely.

Sheamus/Bryan for the belt, yes. Sheamus/Bryan non-title, nope, there are better options.

Here is something simple to consider from a marketing perspective.

I'm trying to get my roommates to order Royal Rumble tomorrow night. Being the only REAL wrestling fan in my group of friends it is often a difficult sell to get them to order the PPVs. They enjoy the Rumble more or less but with the last few shows we've ordered being kind of duds, the chore has gotten more difficult. Still, Royal Rumble has always been an easier sell. My roommates REALLY like Daniel Bryan a lot. They asked me what his involvement was in Rumble and I told them, "he's wrestling a guy named Bray Wyatt." They looked at me like I was serving them spoiled cabbage. They wanted me to tell them he was either in a world title match or at least in the Rumble itself with a somewhat possible shot at winning. Nope. Needless to say we're not ordering the Rumble tomorrow night. Nobody has any interest in seeing Batista win. Not here anyways. I tried telling them RVD and Jericho could come back. They were like, "That's nice," they wanted D Bryan. WWE won't give it to them. They were close to being sold. Close enough me hyping Daniel Bryan on this event would have sold the show. So ... I know I'm just one example but I can't imagine I'm the only one.

They stick Bryan in a match against Sheamus; nobody is going to care about that. Nobody that wasn't going to order the PPV anyways. I will order for good shows; Rumble isn't looking great and we'll see what WM 30 does. If DB is facing Sheamus that's a really bad start.

While there's nothing really wrong with a Daniel Bryan/Sheamus rematch, in the current context it's a terrible idea. To be clear, I like Sheamus, I think he's a talented performer and that he could definitely have a good match with Daniel Bryan. But to have that match at this years Wrestlemania would come at the expense of something potentially far, far greater.

I've been watching wrestling for something like 25 years, and Daniel Bryan is one of the most over wrestlers I have ever seen. It's something extremely rare, and quite possibly fleeting. God knows where Daniel Bryan will be this time next year in terms of popularity, status, or health. The WWE has a chance to cash in on this now in a big way, and they may never get that chance again. And the biggest way to cash in is for Daniel Bryan to main event Wrestlemania and create that Wrestlemania moment that the entire wrestling world has been envisioning since the end of the Jan 13th Raw. And like DB or not, there's no denying that moment would be HUGE. It's all every wrestling journalist, and most fans, have been talking about ever since.

More importantly, there's a feeling among fans that if anyone else were as over as Daniel Bryan, their headlining the biggest event of the year would be a foregone conclusion. And that anything less than that has to be the result of the same much-despised backstage politics that so often creep into the on-screen product. As Madden said, if the WWE doesn't do the right thing by the fans now, when the path is so obvious, they never will. That's the perception among fans going into this thing, whether you personally agree with the reasoning or not. Anything less than the main event is a waste of potential. Is Sheamus really over enough to justify wasting that potential for his sake?

I know the WWE has lot of big names to deal with at Wrestlemania, like Cena, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, and likely more. But neither of those guys needs to be in the main event to draw; they are already as established as they will ever be. Putting over a young, active wrestler with years left in the tank, who is right now as over as any of those stars have ever been (or currently are) at the biggest wrestling event of the year, is far more important for the future of the company than putting over part-timers who won't be around to draw fans for the rest of the year, or putting one more feather in the cap of an already established legend closer to the end of his career than the beginning (Cena). It's also more important than putting over stars that might be a big deal down the road, like Wyatt or Sheamus (yeah, I know Sheamus has been around for a while and is fairly popular, but comparatively speaking he isn't anywhere near as big a deal as DB is right now).

In short, I don't personally have a problem with DB vs Sheamus...at any other event or in any other year. But now is not the time. Whatever the WWE does with Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania, if it's not the main event expect fans to be disappointed.

I think this news report is a bluff. There is no point or logic behind another Bryan-Sheamus feud culminating in around two months time. If we think with a cool and light head, the biggest probability is of a Bryan-Orton fight at Wrestlemania, with Bryan finally winning the title, and reaching the peak of the mountain.

Like i said before this is cool and all to have daniel bryan vs sheamus but not at wrestlemania. Daniel bryan is white hot despite the attempted burials, but he needs to get his. Remember what happend to punk in 2011. It took to long for him to get his and has never been as over since.

My point is you don't put the most over guy in the company against a mid carder at the biggest ppv of the year. And as much as wwe would like him to be bigger, sheamus is not a main eventer.

This is the most whining I have ever seen...and I just dont understand it. WWE is a business and all businesses have a pecking order. If you have top sales on your job for 5-6 months, does your job just shoot you up the ladder past everyone else that has seniority over you and give you an opportunity that your peers haven't had yet? I dont think so. I think that the notion that DB deserves the main event and to close the show with the title belt is ridiculous. The wwe isnt desperate and I think that fans on here dont understand that all the other times that a so called "newbie" has been given the top spot at Mania was times between eras where the roster was terrible and they didnt really have a choice. This is a stacked WM card, they dont need to take a chance and throw DB in the main event. This is the same reason Cena wont turn heel, because they have no competition so they don't need to do anything drastic. DB will NOT increase ratings, so why take this chance? DB doesnt have a look or personality that would give him any crossover appeal into mainstream media and the only people that have any clue who he is are current fans. As much as people on here hate it, looks do matter. Our society chooses stars quite often because of there attractiveness. Take The Rock for example, the guy was huge, and women loved him which helped his career alot.

I love DB as much as the next guy but with the amount of talent on the current roster, I never expected him to main event. Ive watched wwe long enough to understand that he isnt in any position to main event. It just seems like some people just want to complain about everything the wwe does. Honestly there is only two maybe three people I think that deserve the Mania spot and DB isnt one of them. Cena, Taker, and maybe Punk. I would even say Orton over DB but fans on here are to blind to see DB's serious weaknesses when it comes to being a top talent. Look past the chants and pops because there is much more to being a top guy than just a fan reaction. WWE is the most watched pro wrestling company in the world for a reason...I think Vince knows what he's doing.

5-6 months? Desperate attempt???

Bryan has had nearly a dozen title fights in the last 12-24 months,
he had one of the more solid WWE title fueds this past Summer, and is RED HOT at the moment!! More over than I've seen any one in YEARS...

Putting him in the Main event isn't desperate, not even CLOSE!

If we're using your analogy, if you have somebody in your company who has performed amazingly over the course of 2 years, in the past 5-6 months become Red hot and hugely Popular through out the company, then is this not the guy you would Give a raise? A Promotion? Or what ever the next big move would be???

I think we're all getting played with these fake reports and WWE will do the right thing. We'll find out Sunday.

If Batista flat out wins the Rumble, fuck this company.

5-6 months? Desperate attempt???

Bryan has had nearly a dozen title fights in the last 12-24 months,
he had one of the more solid WWE title fueds this past Summer, and is RED HOT at the moment!! More over than I've seen any one in YEARS...

Putting him in the Main event isn't desperate, not even CLOSE!

If we're using your analogy, if you have somebody in your company who has performed amazingly over the course of 2 years, in the past 5-6 months become Red hot and hugely Popular through out the company, then is this not the guy you would Give a raise? A Promotion? Or what ever the next big move would be???

DB was given his promotion. Hes in all the top storylines, closes almost every episode of raw and smackdown, main evented Summerslam, was given the chance to carry the company while Cena was gone, and beat Cena clean for the wwe title....That was his promotion. Main eventing WM in my analogy is like a VP position. if I have somebody in my company who has performed amazingly over the course of 2 years, in the past 5-6 months become Red hot and hugely Popular through out the company than yes I will give them a promotion but NO I will not jump them over everyone else and make them VP.

When I say that it is desperate what I mean is that the outcome is so uncertain that the only way putting DB in the main event would make any sense is if you absolutely had nobody else that is a guarentee big name draw. This is not the case, they have Taker, HHH, Brock, Batista, Cena, Punk, Orton which are all proven guys. So why take a chance, especially at WM30, with an unproven talent in the main event? Its not necessary. Its actually bad for business. He's unproven, we have no clue if he will decrease or increase sales. His feud with Orton was terrible and the ratings dropped, while that may not have been entirely his fault, it still cant be looked past. Fact is any combination of Taker, Cena, and Brock will outdraw anything DB is associated with. Top draws main event...DB is not the top draw so therefore he doesnt main event it is as simple as that. If I was Vince, id give him the belt somewhere in the middle of the card. Maybe have him beat Orton in maybe the 4th or 5th match of the night and have his moment. But after that, Id bring the big boys out. Punk and HHH followed by some divas match crap, and than end it with Taker vs Cena. The only problem with my scenario is that the title is newly unified so they probably want it to main event but I dont see that happening. Either DB or Batista is winning the Rumble but neither is main eventing Mania.

Im calling it right now....CENA VS TAKER MAIN EVENTS MANIA!!!! The wwe is trying to confuse us with all these "set in stone matches" The royal Rumble winner isnt going to be a big enough name to close Mania so my guess is that a Streak match will.

Well looks like WWE took Bryan out of any part of the main event scene. His clean job to Wyatt shows no matter how over no matter how badly the people love him no matter how much the crowd chants and cheers for hi No matter what the people want, the company sees him as nothing more than enhancement talent. He will be the guy who will bring people up to the main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back