• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryan/Sheamus.... again.

The Life Of Pablo Ren

I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
I've not seen the article because I'm not a member, but I've seen at least a few people talking about it. According to PWInsider, Daniel Bryan's WrestleMania 30 opponent is going to be none other than the man he's faced twice at the event already, Sheamus.

Yes, you read that right, not Orton, not Lesnar, not Batista, not Taker, but... SHEAMUS!

Sheamus and Bryan faced for the United States Championship at WrestleMania 27 in the show's Dark Match and faced a year later for the World Heavyweight Championship in the infamous '18 second match'.

Personally, I'm not fully against the idea. I would like to see a heel Sheamus against Bryan if given a good 15 minutes, I think they could put on a pretty good match, they had a great match at Extreme Rules 2012.

I do however think this isn't the right way to use Bryan at WrestleMania. Not saying this isn't good because it will probably be one of the more higher profiled matches on the card but I think they can do a lot more with Bryan whether it be for the title, or against Taker (don't knock it yet, especially considering Taker himself apparently suggested it).

Of course this may not be the case, maybe there's no talk of it happening but, and maybe this is me being a little ignorant, I don't believe a site would post such a big story like that without getting a tip from some source.

Thoughts?

Triple H is coming back. Brock Lesnar's coming back. Undertaker's coming back. Batista's coming back. There's rumors about Jericho. There's rumors about Sting. Hogan's going to have a role.

A lot of people are exited about all of this, but if we're going to have all these guys coming in every year for WM, there's not going to be room left for other guys in the main event slots. You can't jump for joy over these guys and get mad when Bryan is on the undercard.

If the site that suggested it didn't cite a source, then it's not going to happen. Even sites who do list a source are usually just fodder. There are going to be so many rumors before the card is finalized that a majority of the rumors won't be true.

I personally don't like this match. It does nothing to further Bryan in terms of a storyline except get his 18 second revenge. Do it at EC if you want to do it, not at Wrestlemania. Bryan needs to be in one of the big high-profile matches. I don't consider that with Sheamus.

Bryan & Sheamus have put on some great matches in the past. As was mentioned, Extreme Rules 2012 was one and they faced each other this past summer on Raw with Bryan scoring a clean win. Bryan hasn't really had a big moment at WrestleMania, so maybe going over the guy who handed him his "most embarrassing" defeat is a way of earning some redemption.

At the same time, I also can't help but feel a little underwhelmed with the notion of Sheamus & Bryan at WrestleMania XXX. Maybe the fact that Sheamus has been on the shelf for so long & looked to be moving down the card during the second half of 2013 while Bryan's star really started burning brightly during the same time period that's contributing to that. Still, if Sheamus comes back as a heel, which I heard was the plan a little while back, then it could be an interesting feud. I've always thought Sheamus was much better as a heel and Bryan's always had fun matches & feuds against big, powerhouse bruisers. With that being said, I do think that Bryan should be in one of the highest profile matches because, let's face it, he's been head & shoulders more over in the last 4 months than Sheamus has at any point in his career so far. I like Sheamus, but he does feel like something of a step down for Bryan at this point in time, in my opinion.

I honestly never figured Bryan would be in the title match for WrestleMania. When I heard Batista was coming back, I knew that Batista would almost certainly wind up in that spot. Also, I think that WWE needs to give the Orton/Bryan feud a rest for a bit. I've read the same reports of Taker, allegedly, wanting to work with Bryan. If it's true, I say give Taker what he wants. If anyone has the clout and genuine right to pick who he wants to face, it's Taker.

Triple H is coming back. Brock Lesnar's coming back. Undertaker's coming back. Batista's coming back. There's rumors about Jericho. There's rumors about Sting. Hogan's going to have a role.

A lot of people are exited about all of this, but if we're going to have all these guys coming in every year for WM, there's not going to be room left for other guys in the main event slots. You can't jump for joy over these guys and get mad when Bryan is on the undercard.

You don't put your best star in an undercard match. That's just ridiculous. They will find a way to get him in one of the big 3 matches. Even if they have to do it against Undertaker.

If they truly do want this huge YES chant, putting DB against Sheamus won't do it justice.

This would be a waste of both Bryan and Sheamus. With all the possibilities Bryan has at WM at the moment (vs. Taker, vs. Orton for the strap, vs. Brock for the strap, vs. HHH, maybe vs. Punk), it'd be totally left field to just go for Sheamus. While I'm sure they could make it make some semblance of sense, it's just a match that is not interesting enough for someone as hot as DB is today. I don't care how many part timers are coming back: keeping Bryan on the undercard would be incredibly stupid.

Sheamus, on the other hand, does not need to be involved with Bryan at the moment. Sure he will most likely be a heel, but he can end up doing something with relevance with another face that isn't Bryan.

I'm going to try and take the notion of a Sheamus vs Bryan match at Mania with a grain of salt. The roll Bryan been on it only makes since for him to win the rumble and hopefully he does. Only way I would be for a Sheamus vs Bryan at Mania is if some how Sheamus ends up with the title before Mania. DB and the fans deserve more

You don't put your best star in an undercard match. That's just ridiculous. They will find a way to get him in one of the big 3 matches. Even if they have to do it against Undertaker.

If they truly do want this huge YES chant, putting DB against Sheamus won't do it justice.

If they thought he was their best star, he wouldn't be taking a back seat to any of these guys. Besides, I think people are getting carried away with DB over these "YES" chants. During the attitude era everyone chanted W-O-R-M when Scotty 2 Hotty did the worm. Everyone chanted "Devon, get the tables" along with Bubba Ray. Guys like Roaddogg and the Godfather would get good pops and have people chanting their catchphrases every week. The fact that Bryan is the only guy that gets that treatment these days is an indictment of everything else around him. The man is not Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I'm sure this is the moment WWE has been waiting for, this is the moment that will make the whole arena estatic and commence the biggest YES! chant ever.

This match imo is the best they could come up with.Its 2 pretty hard hitting guys who like to get phsysical just tear it up.And I cant wait for their feud, I can just imagine the promos and the storyline unfold.Been waiting for Sheamus to return as I feel the WWE has been pretty empty without his pressence around.

Why have your most over superstar in a meaningful match and get a Wrestlemania moment when you can have him in a random match against Sheamus.I think Sandow should go against Sheamus, much better fit.And it gives Sandow something to do..

I can already see the promos

DB : I WILL PROVE TO YOU ( even after I've had matches against bigger superstars ) THAT YOUR 18 SECONDS WIN WAS JUST A FLUKE AND THAT I CAN BEAT YOU.....................WILL I BEAT SHEAMUS AT WRESTLEMANIA? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS. YES YES YES YES

Sheamus : hoohohoh Hold on Dany boy, you know, like mi oncle Larny used to say : "Dont eat the chicken if the beans are still in the can" HAHAHA IIM GONNA KICKA YOUR ARSSSE FEELLLLLLLA

Mediocrity ensues.

If this match does come to fruition, it is further proof that the WWE is more interested in pushing their own agenda as opposed to what fans want.

Batista does not deserve to walk back in the door and be handed the WWE title at Wrestlemania XXX. His best work was as a heel, and his return "pop" bordered on lukewarm.

If WWE goes with Orton/Tista and Sheamus Bryan at Mania, it may be my last show as a full-time fan. The monopoly WWE owns means they do not have to push their hottest act. There is no reason Daniel Bryan should not end Wrestlemania XXX as the champion. A match with Sheamus would be a miscarriage of justice. Daniel Bryan deserves better. Bullshit rumor, I hope.

My only problem with Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania 30 is that Sheamus could have instead been Bryan's first Obstacle as Champion in the future because I like to avoid doing too many rematches in case they ever consider that option. The more rematches then the less interested the audience can become.

And I think that if Bryan has a title reign then throwing "Giants" in his way will keep the audience intrigued.

So in essence, This can be a good feud but NOT NOW

This is the problem with the IWC thinking. DB is not there best star, he is simply someone that is on the rise and has the potential to be a top start for years to come. Punk, Cena, Orton, Brock, Batista, HHH, and Taker have all proven that they can carry a program and are higher on the wwe totem pole than DB. Ive been saying this for months now that DB wont be in that huge of a match at Mania. I think Db should have faced Wyatt at Mania but Sheamus is good. I am actually really excited about this becuase this shows you how good of a Mania this could be. DB/Sheamus, Taker/Lesnar, HHH/Punk, Plus any combination of Brock, Cena, Batista, and Orton makes for one of the most stacked WM card in history.

If they thought he was their best star, he wouldn't be taking a back seat to any of these guys. Besides, I think people are getting carried away with DB over these "YES" chants. During the attitude era everyone chanted W-O-R-M when Scotty 2 Hotty did the worm. Everyone chanted "Devon, get the tables" along with Bubba Ray. Guys like Roaddogg and the Godfather would get good pops and have people chanting their catchphrases every week. The fact that Bryan is the only guy that gets that treatment these days is an indictment of everything else around him. The man is not Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Im quoting your post as you do have a really good point with The Attitude Era - the crowd was HOT in every building they went to back in 1998-2001. But its just now and again it happens in today's product. Yes there is 'We the People' and 'When i say Uus you say Ohhh' chants but nothing comes close to the YES YES YES chants lately. Looking back at the crowd on the 13th of January edition of Raw it's actually amazing to watch. The whole crowd in unison as Daniel Bryan raises his hands, quality, for the first time in a long time watching Raw i was in awe.
So overall he deserves a big match at Mania and in my opinion he should be Main Eventing as in on last. I cant see the Sheamus vs. Bryan match happening again, i think this is just a crappy dirtsheet that's started without any real inside info at all

Set in stone? Doubtful.

Sure they did have good matches in the past, but this isnt needed at WM. They are setting up one potentially one of the biggest cards, so why waste either one of them like this? Bryan has plenty of choices for opponents if they dont give him the belt (which is the way WM should end regardless of who has the belt at the time). He can put on a great match with anyone, so why have a Sheamus rematch with nothing really on the line?

Taker says he wants Bryan, so if you dont put DB in the title match then that is a great choice. This leaves Lesnar open & he could have a good match with Sheamus. Hell, I would not even mind seeing him face Batista or Roman Reigns.

I just think Bryan\Sheamus is a waste for WM. It is going to be a stacked card and the two could have fantastic matches with other opponents. Depending on what they decide with Taker & whoever wins the RR, this leaves some good options open for a few different possible matches. But saying 'set in stone' at this point is dumb.

There's definitely money to be made in a Bryan/Sheamus WM XXX programme if they do it right. Bryan is hot as a babyface, Sheamus has a good track record as a heel near the top of the card and they have a history of quality matches. It does seem underwhelming for Wrestlemania and this a huge Mania in particular, though.
I would say the best way of pulling it off would be to have Sheamus come back as HHH's boy. It would fit with the uncertainty they've been teasing with Orton and make Sheamus a bigger star than when he got injured. If I were booking it, I'd have Sheamus avoid the actual Rumble match and return to cost Cena the title. Introduce him as the wrecking machine of The Authority and eventually put the belt on him at EC - have Kingston eliminate Orton in that match to transition into that story at Mania and then boom. Sheamus drops the strap at Mania to Rumble winner Bryan.

Daniel Bryan vs John Cena for the WWE Title will headline Wrestlemania 30, forget the dirt sheets of Cena vs Bray Wyatt and Bryan vs Sheamus, anybody gullible enough to believe these dirtsheet reports deserves to be upset by whatever booking decisions WWE decide to come up with.

If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, and does not headline WM in some form (against the WWE Champ, HBK or Undertaker), every DB fan should sabotage the WWE network. We have to make a stand against WWE always shoving their "stars" down our throats. At least I'm not subscribing until I see Bryan as the champion.

Since I read the Batista return reports, I knew nothing good was going to come out of it...

I'll believe it when I see it.

I seriously doubt that they're going to take one of their biggest stars and put them in the ring with a guy who hasn't been on TV for several months, and wasn't getting much heat while he was on TV.

I don't like this at all. However, if it does happen then it all starts on Sunday. Wyatt vs Bryan. Bryan has the match pretty much won, when all of a sudden Sheamus (in Wyatt "jumpsuit" shaggy hair and scruffy beard) walks down to the ring and attacks Bryan, giving Wyatt the victory. Sheamus becomes the new Wyatt Family member. EC Harper/Rowan vs Bryan, Bryan loses again due to Sheamus, challenges Sheamus to a match at Mania. I hope this doesn't happen, but hey, stranger things have happened.

I can't even begin to express how hard WWE is dropping the ball if this rumor becomes a reality. Daniel Bryan holding the WWE Championship belt over his head with 80,000+ chanting "YES!" is the best possible way to end the ppv. I'm not even much of a Bryan fan, but when you have a guy who is this over with your fanbase, why don't you want to send them home as happy as possible with the outcome for your biggest yearly event? This logic that the fans would rather see Batista win the title just leaves me scratching my head.

Wrestlemania is the ultimate payoff PPV where you give the fans what they want. Bryan needs to be in one of the top matches as he is the hottest on the roster now. They can have Batista vs Bryan at WM with the story being how Batista stole and wore Bryan's jeans upon his return to WWE ;)

Just because PWInsider reports something, doesn't mean it's set in stone... I highly doubt we'll see Sheamus and Bryan again at WrestleMania.. and even if we did, it wouldn't be a huge deal, there first 2 matches at WrestleMania were a flop.. The 1st time it got demoted to the dark match, and the 2nd time it was 18 seconds.. I wouldn't mind these 2 having a great 1 on 1 match at WrestleMania, if they give them some time in the ring.

DB is bigger than Sheamus right now,fact is fact.. Hell even before Sheamus got injured he was on tumbling down the ladder while Bryan was on his way up.. Im not against the feud but certainly not at WM! Way too soon to book that one,and if they do Sheamus must be a heel for that to work. I also have heard,that Sheamus is going to be booked a heel upon his return,and that is the role that best suits him IMO.

I have Bryan winning the Royal Rumble,this sunday i dont think a returning batista gets a royal rumble win out of the gate like this! Bryan deserves his WM moment,and getting the title win at WM will do it justice.. Bryan and Sheamus over the past have put on some great matches in the past but this point in time no offense Bryan has got bigger fish to fry

On the one hand, both of these two working with each other at Wrestlemania would kind of be a misuse of both as Bryan is arguably the hottest guy in the company right now and Sheamus will have return buzz to help push him, and Bryan should arguably be going for either the World title or the now Second Most Important Title In The Company Intercontinental title.

On the other hand these two have some great in ring chemistry so seeing them have an actual match on the Biggest Stage of the All would give me tingly feelings in my fanboy bone.

So yes, I'm conflicted.

What is going to main event Wrestlemania XXX? Serious question.

Say these plans are true, and we get Batista versus Orton, Sheamus V Bryan, Taker Lesnar, and Punk HHH. Are any of these truly worthy of closing out Wrestlemania XXX? There is still the unknown variable of what John Cena and Hulk Hogan will be doing, but still.

There has to be something a little bit bigger planned, Batista and Orton closing the show is gonna go over like a led balloon unless one of them grows a personality out of the blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back