Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg: Do They Deserve HOF Recognition?

Fucking this! I wish i wouldve said this in my post. Brocks career(despite it being short) is better than 99% of the wrestlers in the world. Fuck you brock lesnar haters. Your the same idiots that would induct zack ryder or yoshi tatsu into the hall of fame. LOL:lmao:

so ur saying that brock lesnars 2 yr career in which he won 3 titles. twice from angle. won king of the ring and the royal rumble is more deserving of say booker t who has been in the business ten times more than lesnar and has had an even more successful career. or how about billy gunn hes won a king of the ring too. or maybe even a new guy like as the above guy posted sheamus. hes been in the wwe for 2 yrs. impact frm the start and pretty much the same career except the royal rumble win.

lesnar came to the wwe at a time when everyone was watching. kids and adults thats y everyone knows him. and he was pushed from the start and had a manager like paul heyman who quite frankly can make a guy like jtg the next biggest star. lesnar sucked on the mic. he was good in the ring and he had a good look. he had the hardyz hogan rock taker big show and angle to put him over. which is something very few wrestlers have. and lets not forget the fact that he simply walked out on the wwe without a moments notice to pursue nfl which he also left after one year. then comes mma where he makes a big impact. truth lesnar was made to be an mma fighter. and im a big lesnar fan all the way despite the fact that i think hes not the best. dos santos, velasquez, mir can all take him. i still wouldnt be surprised if lesnar left mma to pursue amateur wrestling, or k1 or something like that.

lesnar should get into the hof in about 10 yrs time when wwe starts running out of veterans to induct like theyv strted doing now

goldberg is an obvious yes. his wcw career speaks for itself. his wwe run was in the eyes of many crap but i still found it better than what was going on. anyone remember the elimination chamber. he killed in there. and in wcw 1 time tag champ with bret hart, 2 time US heavyweight champ(us championship meant something back then) and 1 time or 2 time if u count wwe wcw/world heavyweight champ. then there was the 174 match streak. now wcw didnt have royal rumbles and kotrs but if they had goldberg would have won them all.

so yes to goldberg, and a yes to lesnar but after a long ass time when hel be incapable of any combat sport

There was a time when Bill Goldberg was hot in pro wrestling. He was as hot as anybody during the late 90's, and he was a phenomenon. Also, Goldberg still had a good amount of mystique left, when he finally arrived in WWE. His time in WWE was short, but he did become World Heavyweight Champion, and the fans were still going nuts for him, so I do think Goldberg will make into the Hall Of Fame someday. He seems to be on good terms with WWE and Vince McMahon, so there really isn't a reason to keep him out.

Lesnar is a tricky choice, though. Yes, he was a wrecking machine, and he did receive a monster push during his time in WWE. This man feuded with some of the biggest names in WWE. He main evented Wrestlemania, he won the King Of The Ring, he enjoyed some World Heavyweight Championship reigns, and he won the Royal Rumble. This man does have some impressive accolades under his belt. Also, Lesnar did have a nice set of memorable matches (Summerslam 2002 VS The Rock, Hell In A Cell VS The Undertaker, and his matches with Angle). Brock really did look like "The Next Big Thing." But when I think about Brock Lesnar, I always think about what could've been? Or what would've happened, if he had stuck around longer? Brock's short time in the WWE was spectacular, but I would be on the fence, when it comes to his Hall Of Fame spot, and I would be leaning towards not letting him in. Brock could've had a nice and lengthy illustrious career, but he didn't.

The way I look at it, any multi time former WWE champ is automatic....there only been like 40 champs in history..I dont care what anyone says, forget the KoTR or Rumble, bieng WWE champ solidifies you for the ages...not a world heavyweight champ, but WWE title champ...you are without a doubt the shit if you hold this title, so of course he should be...Brock will forever be the greatest case of what couldve been....just imagine had he kept going, fast forward 7 years Edge may have not gotten so many titles, as well as Orton...then of course Brock and Cena would have been this generations pair...but yea he deserves and especially Goldberg

Goldberg based on his run in WCW alone classifies as HOF status to me. His undefeated streak was like nothing modern wrestling fans had seen, aside from Andre the Giant, no other man has ever held such a long streak. Not to mention he was beating people twice a week on national television. Have you some of the names weren't the biggest and best (Jerry Flynn, Villano IV, El Dandy, etc.) but there were legends and future hall of famers on this list too (Sting, DDP, Scott Hall, The Big Show and Raven just to name a few). His WWE run wasn't the best, but his fueds were all big draws and he was never booked in a way to make him look weak until his very last match. Not to mention Goldberg is a recognizable name amongst even casual wrestling fans, and did a lot for the sport during his run in WCW by attracting fans. Lesnar on the other hand did accomplish a lot in a short amount of time, but honestly I don't even associate Lesnar with WWE anymore. I don't think he was with the company long enough to cement his legacy as an all time great. Don't get me wrong I think he was great during his time with WWE and would have loved to see him stay, but I don't think he was around long enough to be a HOFer. Then again this is WWE's HOF, if they see money to be made with a cross promotion with UFC, it could happen. I mean Pete Rose, Drew Carey, Bob Uecker and The Fridge are all WWE HOFers and it wouldn't suprise me the least bit if Mike Tyson and Mr. T went in soon while guys like Jake Roberts, Owen Hart, Big Boss Man and Jim Cornette still havn't been inducted.

Hmm both had relatively short runs so do they deserve it? Well everyone deserves it now cause they are running out of people to induct :)

Bill Goldberg was almost to 90's WCW what Hogan was to 80's WWF, and to think he did that while Hogan was still on a regular schedule and did the biggest swerve in history, thats sais alot of how the character got over. It was relatively brief.

Brock Lesnar was a big hit and deserves props for carrying the WWE for 2 yrs too but i don't know if he should be considered a legend, he never wanted to do it and he stated that, it was always just gonna be a short run.

GOLDBERG- maybe just because of what he did in wcw and that his character did had a pretty big impact on wrestling, for example if any new superstar was to go on an undefeated streak he would be compared to Goldberg

As for

BROCK LESNAR- I would say no! you don't get push to the moon, have a career full of accomplishments in 2 yrs, then just peace!

OK I am actually SHOCKED with the amount of people who don't see Brock as a Hall of Fame candidate.

First off remember Brock was THE MAN for two years. Brock was the man who drew in the money for the WWE. Yes he left way to early and kind of screwed over the WWE by having them push him to the moon and for him to walk out on them, but he was still pushed to the moon, and there was a reason for that...it was because he was marketable and a damn good athlete.

Lastly, people have to realize that their are two ways you can get into the hall of fame. A) You are a damn good wrestler who put their time in and made it to the top, or had a impact in wrestling in some form of positive way. That is the first way. The second way is B) You are going to bring money into the WWE for being in the hall of fame. This is all about MONEY! The whole Hall of Fame is about MONEY! Putting Brock in the hall of fame would bring in a huge amount of cash and publicity for the WWE. Why don't people realize this?

OK I am actually SHOCKED with the amount of people who don't see Brock as a Hall of Fame candidate.

First off remember Brock was THE MAN for two years. Brock was the man who drew in the money for the WWE. Yes he left way to early and kind of screwed over the WWE by having them push him to the moon and for him to walk out on them, but he was still pushed to the moon, and there was a reason for that...it was because he was marketable and a damn good athlete.

Lastly, people have to realize that their are two ways you can get into the hall of fame. A) You are a damn good wrestler who put their time in and made it to the top, or had a impact in wrestling in some form of positive way. That is the first way. The second way is B) You are going to bring money into the WWE for being in the hall of fame. This is all about MONEY! The whole Hall of Fame is about MONEY! Putting Brock in the hall of fame would bring in a huge amount of cash and publicity for the WWE. Why don't people realize this?

Bro..being marketable and such doesn't get you to the Hall of Fame. Brock LEFT. He was getting pushed to the moon, and he LEFT. He had a cup of coffee with the WWE and LEFT. 2 years is NOT a career. It is a cup of COFFEE! If Brock had stuck around for another 3-5 years then without a doubt he would be a HoF candidate hands down. Get to that 5-7 year hurdle! Don't quit after 2 years. Sure you have a great 2 years but guess what. Doesn't get you to the HoF!
Ken Shamrock, albeit didn't have the revenue or the merchandise sales that Brock did had roughly 2 years with the WWF oh and 1-2 years with TNA/NWA:
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Federation
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Big Boss Man
King of the Ring (1998)
So because he had 2 good years, and was essentially marketable because he was also well known on the MMA circuit should Shamrock be allowed in the WWE hall of fame? He brought new fans from MMA over to WWF. Just a fact when you have fans they will follow you.

Brock threw away a HUGE contract because he "couldn't handle being on the road". So you mean to tell me that mr. tough guy. Mr "I can lift whatever I want" couldn't handle traveling? And I took that "I can lift whatever I want" quote from the Countdown to UFC Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar so it is an actual quote for all the smarks out there that will say "oh Brock never said that". You want an example of someone who IS hall of fame worthy despite leaving the WWE? THE ROCK
The man left. But he came back, he still helps the WWE whenever he has a break between films (sadly he probably won't be back much after his next PPV appearance until Mania because it was announced that filming for The Fast and the Furious 6 will possibly begin shortly) but anyways back to the point. Rocky left and he still continues to try work with WWE. He doesn't distance himself or try to separate himself from the WWE. Brock has tried to remove his name from the "WWE" image. When he went to UFC he said "I'm not a professional wrestler I am a UFC fighter". He clearly doesn't want his wwe reputation to ruin his MMA image. Does that sound like the kind of guy WWE would want in the HoF? Someone who has tried to distance himself from his WWE cup-o-coffee? Me thinks not,

"Blueprint", I understand your points why they shouldn't be in the HoF, but I disagree. I say this all the time, but Koko B. Ware is in the hall of fame. Wouldn't you agree that either guy left a bigger mark on the business than Koko?
Yes, Lesnar's time was short, but he exploded in that short time he had. He doesn't have the love for wrestling, yes, but he was THE guy for almost the entire time he was there. I never liked him, but I gotta give credit where it's due. Hall of Famer? Absolutely. (Besides, I expect Lesnar will be back in the WWE eventually. He can't do UFC forever (in fact his body is already falling apart) and then he will be back in the WWE and bigger than ever, no matter what he wrote or said in the past. At least I'd be willing to wager that.

As for Goldberg, he may not be deserving of the HoF for his stint in the WWE, but for his time in WCW absolutely. There isn't even any question about it. And YES, people can enter the WWE HoF for what they achieved in other organizations. Do you think Dusty Rhodes is in the HoF because of his time wearing polka dots in the WWF? Whether Goldberg had "the passion" is irrelevant. He was a HUGE deal in the late 90s. Goldberg > Koko B. Ware. :p

Does Goldberg deserve Hall of Fame recognition...yes. There's no question that Goldberg, one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of WCW deserves the spot. His time in WWE wasn't nearly as good, but there are still many a classic moment to be found.

Brock Lesnar...is a different story. You could make an excellent case for him going in, but you could also make a compelling opposition. His time with the WWE was short, but excellent. He came from nowhere, won titles, and put on fantastic matches with the likes of the Rock, Undertaker, Big Show, and Kurt Angle. In fact, some of his feuds are my favorite of all time... I actually think he elevated the Undertaker of all people, during his American Badass phase. He was a great talent, but his short run coupled with his final match might just hold him back. Granted, it would be a smart financial move for the WWE, considering he's one of the hottest names in UFC at the moment.

My final opinion is that both stars were certainly legendary. It would be difficult to make a case against Goldberg in the Hall of Fame, and Brock Lesnar may one day deserve that title as well. There are certain guys in the Hall that have done less for the same accomplishment.

Bro..being marketable and such doesn't get you to the Hall of Fame. Brock LEFT. He was getting pushed to the moon, and he LEFT. He had a cup of coffee with the WWE and LEFT. 2 years is NOT a career. It is a cup of COFFEE! If Brock had stuck around for another 3-5 years then without a doubt he would be a HoF candidate hands down. Get to that 5-7 year hurdle! Don't quit after 2 years. Sure you have a great 2 years but guess what. Doesn't get you to the HoF!

I agree 100% with you on this and I bet you 99% of the people would agree with you too, but the problem is this isn't a voting contest on if he gets in or not. This isn't the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, this is the WWE Hall of Fame. It isn't like there are 50 guys from the industry sitting down together at a table and saying "Brock Lesnar...in our out?" This is Vince McMahon sitting at his desk saying...hmmm who will make us money RIGHT NOW if we induct them into the Hall of Fame. The accomplishments Brock Lesnar made in his two years are hall of fame worthy. If Brock Lesnar did those two years he worked, then sat on his butt and did nothing but still worked for WWE for let's say 4 years...would he then be worthy of being in the WWE HOF? The difference is you are measuring success with years, where I am measuring success by what he did. What he did in 2 years most wrestlers don't do in 20 years. The accomplishments he did are HOF worthy, plus if he joined there would be money to be made. Who cares about the years, Vince will put him in for those two reasons alone.

Ken Shamrock, albeit didn't have the revenue or the merchandise sales that Brock did had roughly 2 years with the WWF oh and 1-2 years with TNA/NWA:
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Federation
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Big Boss Man
King of the Ring (1998)
So because he had 2 good years, and was essentially marketable because he was also well known on the MMA circuit should Shamrock be allowed in the WWE hall of fame? He brought new fans from MMA over to WWF. Just a fact when you have fans they will follow you.

Well you can't consider TNA as part of his accomplishments. WWE will never acknowledge that. Then after, what did Shamrock accomplish? IC title, Tag and King of the Ring. Brock was 3 time World Champion, King of the Ring AND Royal Rumble winner. Not to mentioned he headlined WrestleMania XIX and many other PPVs. Shamrock wasn't a main event guy, you can't even compare the two.

This has nothing to do with the fact that Brock was in the MMA. Granted it might be the icing on the cake for Vince that MMA fans (at a time where MMA is big, MMA wasn't that big back when Shamrock was involved) will tune in to that, but that isn't the main reason. The main reason is because WWE Fans will tune into that, as well as a chance that main stream media will mention it too. Brock going to the WWE HOF would at least get an article on ESPN.com, Hell CM Punk's promo got comments. Shamrock wouldn't get any media coverage, nobody cares about Shamrock.

Brock threw away a HUGE contract because he "couldn't handle being on the road". So you mean to tell me that mr. tough guy. Mr "I can lift whatever I want" couldn't handle traveling? And I took that "I can lift whatever I want" quote from the Countdown to UFC Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar so it is an actual quote for all the smarks out there that will say "oh Brock never said that".

So who cares if he couldn't handle the road schedule. It is a tough travel schedule. Your acting like Vince would be like "Oh he couldn't hang he doesn't deserve it." No way, he would be like "This guy would bring in a lot of money if we brought him back into the WWE just for a day or two. Let's do it".

You want an example of someone who IS hall of fame worthy despite leaving the WWE? THE ROCK
The man left. But he came back, he still helps the WWE whenever he has a break between films (sadly he probably won't be back much after his next PPV appearance until Mania because it was announced that filming for The Fast and the Furious 6 will possibly begin shortly) but anyways back to the point. Rocky left and he still continues to try work with WWE. He doesn't distance himself or try to separate himself from the WWE. Brock has tried to remove his name from the "WWE" image. When he went to UFC he said "I'm not a professional wrestler I am a UFC fighter". He clearly doesn't want his wwe reputation to ruin his MMA image. Does that sound like the kind of guy WWE would want in the HoF? Someone who has tried to distance himself from his WWE cup-o-coffee? Me thinks not,

HA...are you kidding me. I don't know how old you are but when Rock left the WWE, he tried to stayed as far as way from wrestling as possible. He never tried to come back and help the WWE. Sure there was a short transition period where he was doing both but once Rocky left the WWE, he left the WWE. He would change the topic during interviews when they brought up his wrestling career. He ACTUALLY stopped going by The Rock for movies for a little bit so wouldn't be associated with WWE and the only reason he went back to being called The Rock was because nobody knew who he was. It took Rocky how many years for him to return to the WWE? Don't tell me he tried his hardest to help WWE when he could and DID separate himself from the WWE. Rocky tried harder then Brock. At least Brock has a reason why he didn't show up from time to time to WWE events, he is under contract from UFC and isn't allowed too. Rock just did it because he didn't want to be associated with WWE. Don't believe what The Rock says on a WWE camera. He never cared about WWE when he was gone.

Lastly, the only reason why Rocky is back is because his movie career is going down the toilet. Fast and the Furious 6! REALLY THEY ARE ON TO NUMBER 6. That shouts out a group of guys that have nothing going for them besides one movie franchise...oh and of course he has The Toothfairy 2 which we are ALL hoping he eventually will film.

Brock Lesnar = Money! Period. He has enough accomplishments for WWE to make a reasonable argument for why he should be in so he will eventually get in. I am sure they will eventually strike a deal with him once his MMA career is done that states that he will go to the HOF, make a appearance at WrestleMania and that will be that.

No neither of them deserve to be anyone near the HoF.

Brock Lesnar did what? Win the King of the Ring, then win the world title a few times, and winning a Royal Rumble as #29 of 30 wow what a feat. He quickly realized he couldn't handle the grueling schedule of WWE and went to NFL where instead of playing football, he started fights and was cut before the season. The to New Japan where like any company smart would do run with the old, made his champ. Then to UFC where he has only fought in 7 matches over 4 years 2 of which were loses. Brock Lensar gets shit handed to him early on and makes his think he is worth a damn.

Bill Goldberg Again another flash of a wrestler, he went on the greatest streaks in wrestling history ( not hard in a scripted world) then you take in to count 90% of his matches were squash matches with a few title runs. Goldberg was a 1/2 ass wrestler, getting pushed for being a big guy. But once that streak ended so did Goldberg his mic skill sucked and his wrestling was just as bad.

Brock deffinatly should be included! in 2 years with the company he did more than anyone could dream! King of the ring, WWE Champ, Royal Rumble winner, Main evented a wrestlemania, worked and was put over by the likes of rock, taker, hogan, angle ect and had some pretty damn awesome matches! Remember folks its not quantity, it's quality...there wasnt much left for brock to do...

as for billy, personally im not a fan, even when he debuted i just never got it but he had a storied career in wcw and people still talk about him today so i think on those merits alone he should be included!

but let us not forget that the WWE HOF isnt really about what you did and what you achieved, its more so about if your face fits with their vision of the HOF

i think both should be in d hof,i mean if they make jim duggan,pete rose,the black guy who dance with some bard,why not guys that were world champions and had great matches in d short time they were around wrestling

I agree 100% with you on this and I bet you 99% of the people would agree with you too, but the problem is this isn't a voting contest on if he gets in or not. This isn't the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, this is the WWE Hall of Fame. It isn't like there are 50 guys from the industry sitting down together at a table and saying "Brock Lesnar...in our out?" This is Vince McMahon sitting at his desk saying...hmmm who will make us money RIGHT NOW if we induct them into the Hall of Fame. The accomplishments Brock Lesnar made in his two years are hall of fame worthy. If Brock Lesnar did those two years he worked, then sat on his butt and did nothing but still worked for WWE for let's say 4 years...would he then be worthy of being in the WWE HOF? The difference is you are measuring success with years, where I am measuring success by what he did. What he did in 2 years most wrestlers don't do in 20 years. The accomplishments he did are HOF worthy, plus if he joined there would be money to be made. Who cares about the years, Vince will put him in for those two reasons alone.

Well you can't consider TNA as part of his accomplishments. WWE will never acknowledge that. Then after, what did Shamrock accomplish? IC title, Tag and King of the Ring. Brock was 3 time World Champion, King of the Ring AND Royal Rumble winner. Not to mentioned he headlined WrestleMania XIX and many other PPVs. Shamrock wasn't a main event guy, you can't even compare the two.

This has nothing to do with the fact that Brock was in the MMA. Granted it might be the icing on the cake for Vince that MMA fans (at a time where MMA is big, MMA wasn't that big back when Shamrock was involved) will tune in to that, but that isn't the main reason. The main reason is because WWE Fans will tune into that, as well as a chance that main stream media will mention it too. Brock going to the WWE HOF would at least get an article on ESPN.com, Hell CM Punk's promo got comments. Shamrock wouldn't get any media coverage, nobody cares about Shamrock.

So who cares if he couldn't handle the road schedule. It is a tough travel schedule. Your acting like Vince would be like "Oh he couldn't hang he doesn't deserve it." No way, he would be like "This guy would bring in a lot of money if we brought him back into the WWE just for a day or two. Let's do it".

HA...are you kidding me. I don't know how old you are but when Rock left the WWE, he tried to stayed as far as way from wrestling as possible. He never tried to come back and help the WWE. Sure there was a short transition period where he was doing both but once Rocky left the WWE, he left the WWE. He would change the topic during interviews when they brought up his wrestling career. He ACTUALLY stopped going by The Rock for movies for a little bit so wouldn't be associated with WWE and the only reason he went back to being called The Rock was because nobody knew who he was. It took Rocky how many years for him to return to the WWE? Don't tell me he tried his hardest to help WWE when he could and DID separate himself from the WWE. Rocky tried harder then Brock. At least Brock has a reason why he didn't show up from time to time to WWE events, he is under contract from UFC and isn't allowed too. Rock just did it because he didn't want to be associated with WWE. Don't believe what The Rock says on a WWE camera. He never cared about WWE when he was gone.

Lastly, the only reason why Rocky is back is because his movie career is going down the toilet. Fast and the Furious 6! REALLY THEY ARE ON TO NUMBER 6. That shouts out a group of guys that have nothing going for them besides one movie franchise...oh and of course he has The Toothfairy 2 which we are ALL hoping he eventually will film.

Brock Lesnar = Money! Period. He has enough accomplishments for WWE to make a reasonable argument for why he should be in so he will eventually get in. I am sure they will eventually strike a deal with him once his MMA career is done that states that he will go to the HOF, make a appearance at WrestleMania and that will be that.

Bro I'm older than you. And I understand Rock tried to distance himself for a bit. But he was making surprise appearances in Miami, he popped up for Vince vs. Donald etc etc. Rock may have distanced himself at first but he brought himself back. His movie career is going down the toilet???

Rock's Filmography:
2000: Longshot
2001: The Mummy Returns
2002: The Scorpion King
2003: The Rundown
2004: Walking Tall
2005: Be Cool
2005: Doom
2006: Gridiron Gang
2007: Reno 911!: Miami
2007: Southland Tales
2007: The Game Plan
2008: Get Smart
2009: Race to Witch Mountain
2009: Planet 51
2010: Tooth Fairy
2010: Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too?
2010: Faster
2010: The Other Guys
2010: You Again
2011: Fast Five
2012: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Hank Parsons
2012: Arabian Nights
2012: Charley Pride Biopic

so as of 2012 Rock will have done roughly 23 movies. And he is essentially locked up and slated for many more roles. Clearly his acting career is going down. On May 14, 2011 after twenty-five days in theaters, Fast Five passed Fast & Furious to become the highest grossing entry in the Fast and the Furious franchise. Specifically because people wanted to see Rock and Vin face off. On May 18, 2011 with a total gross of $465,717,712, the film also entered the top-100 highest grossing films of all time worldwide – in unadjusted dollars – at a rank of #97. 97 ALL TIME WORLDWIDE. Again, CLEARLY the guy needs the $. CLEARLY. Johnson's first leading role as an actor was in The Scorpion King in 2002. For this film, he received the highest salary for an actor in his first starring role, earning $5.5 million.

First leading role movie...$5.5 million was his SALARY. Not to mention his TV appearances on series. So, if you want to say Rock's acting career is "going down the toilet" I would encourage you to think again. Oh and your comment about the Toothfairy, guess what? The movie got bad reviews but Rock? He got outstanding reviews as "the saving grace of this movie". Hmmm a novice actor was the saving grace of a movie.

Brock doesn't equal money dude. 10 years ago maybe he made money. But again, HE LEFT. There is no reason for WWE to induct him. Dana White won't let Brock go to WWE for anything, Brock doesn't want to. Hell if Brock wanted to return to WWE he could. Brock doesn't want to be near the WWE. So why should WWE put him in the HoF? I'd rather watch Sunny get inducted every year than watch Brock get inducted once!

Alright, I will admit you got me with The Rock's movie career going down the toilet. He is doing fine, but don't be trying to say he wasn't trying to disconnect himself from the WWE because he was up until recently. He learned to embrace it rather then distance himself from it.

As for Brock not being marketable and a money maker you are absolutely crazy. The man would bring in a TON of money to the WWE if he was brought into the HOF. Granted I am not saying he is at the level of a lot of the people who are IN the HOF, but the man would still get people to tune in.

Clearly you are not going to be convinced and vice versa. We could go back and forth all day, but let me just say this. I don't disagree with you that he doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame. As hardcore wrestling fans, many of us don't want to see him in the HOF because of the way he left the WWE...but you have to see it from a business side. Eventually Brock will retire from MMA and will be looking to make money. WWE will offer him some form of legends deal, which will put him in the HOF, as well as require him to make an appearance at WrestleMania, maybe show up once in a blew moon on TV and most importantly, allow the WWE to sell his name. The only way I don't see this happening is if UFC signs up to some kind of deal just like this. Vince isn't an idiot, there is money in Brock still. Maybe you wouldn't buy it or pay money for Brock merchandise, but a lot of people will.

I'd say Goldberg absolutely, but no for Brock. I don't think two years of dominance is good enough for Hall of Fame consideration. I know tons of people loved him and he was "the next big thing" but he never did it for the long haul. Many greats are considered great not because of one or two big spots or moments, but because they've proven that they can do it for a long time. I don't think that Brock Lesnar can say that. I mean, he had a great career, but I'm in the no group for him.

On the other hand, Goldberg started off his career with a huge win streak, and after that, he went on to be one of the best in WCW. When he came to the WWE, he didn't be there too long, but he still made an impact. But I think that for his work in WCW, he deserves a spot among the greats.

I think in the end of the day, due to politics and the other bs, they both will eventually be in. even though they both have a "shaky" relationship with the WWE right now, they'll eventually get in.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that the WWE Hall Of Fame is something of a joke. For every Flair,Hogan,Rhodes,ect. induction there's been KoKo B. Ware,Drew Carey (really?) and Bob freaking Euker(!). For Goldberg and Brock to not inducted one day would be illogical. Hell,I'm waiting for David Arquette's induction!

I think Bill Goldberg does, but not in the WWE, just a more general HoF induction. PWI or someone like that. Lesnar... I think he could have made a HoF career for certain, but I think he just quit too soon. Same could really even be said for Goldberg really, but at least he had a second run in a different company where he became the world champion again.

No neither of them deserve to be anyone near the HoF.

Brock Lesnar did what? Win the King of the Ring, then win the world title a few times, and winning a Royal Rumble as #29 of 30 wow what a feat. He quickly realized he couldn't handle the grueling schedule of WWE and went to NFL where instead of playing football, he started fights and was cut before the season. The to New Japan where like any company smart would do run with the old, made his champ. Then to UFC where he has only fought in 7 matches over 4 years 2 of which were loses. Brock Lensar gets shit handed to him early on and makes his think he is worth a damn.

Bill Goldberg Again another flash of a wrestler, he went on the greatest streaks in wrestling history ( not hard in a scripted world) then you take in to count 90% of his matches were squash matches with a few title runs. Goldberg was a 1/2 ass wrestler, getting pushed for being a big guy. But once that streak ended so did Goldberg his mic skill sucked and his wrestling was just as bad.
Much of what you said there is true, except the very first statement. I would say they do deserve HoF recognition, regardless of how short their run was, how lazy their work ethic, how bad their mic skills, etc.

Ultimately the one thing that matters is the question if they had a big impact on the business. Did they leave their mark? Do they deserve their own chapter in the history books? Both men unquestionably did that.

Wrestlers can have all sorts of shortcomings and still be worthy of the Hall of Fame. The best example is probably Hulk Hogan himself, one of the worst and laziest wrestlers I have ever had the displeasure of watching. And yet if one person deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, it's him. Btw, if you're not giving Goldberg credit for the streak because wrestling is fake, than you can't give Hogan credit for dominating throughout the entire 80s, either.

Aaaaand, I know I'm a broken record, but Koko B. Ware is in the Hall of Fame. That's the bar for getting in there. Say what you will about both guys being overrated, they outshined Koko.

Of course they do. If they put a certain host from "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" in the Hall of Fame based on ONE brief appearance at the Royal Rumble, then Goldberg and Lesnar certainly deserve it too because of everything they accomplished in such a short period of time. Sure it did seem like they abandoned WWE and the wrestling world, but their accomplishments speak for themselves and they deserve to eventually make it into that joke of a Hall of Fame someday.

Golderg: YES he was the oster child for WCW and did more than many in such a short time.

Lesnar: He will get into the HoF because he is better than KoKo B Ware.. (yes folks thats the measuring stick) he won titles ..... More than Koko B ware EVER did...in 2 years. His UFC populartity and titles will only help his chances.

I also think Psycho Sid Viscious deserves to be in the HoF.. it surprises me that he isn't.

Neither man really has put in enough time to be Hall of Famer's in my opinion. That being said if one of them were to go into the Hall of Fame, I'd pick Brock Lesnar. He's one the WWE's Undisputed Champions. He won a Royal Rumble. He was a top draw for the WWE. He's also dominated the UFC. That's a hell of an accomplishment, and he worked damn hard for it. Bill Goldberg was one of the spearheads of WCW and had a lackluster run in WWE as World Heavyweight Champion. Everything I've read or heard about Goldberg has made me dislike him, so I may just be biased. I'd put him in a wrestling hall of fame, but not WWE's. That being said, it can be argued that he should be in WWE's HOF for the same reason that Sting should. I imagine that it's likely that both men, Lesnar and Goldberg, somewhere down the road will both be in the HOF. As far as them deserving it, I can't be sure they do given the lack of actual time they've spent in "Sports Entertainment".

it is a fairly safe bet that they will both end up there but should they? no for both. the hall of fame is supposed to recognize the best of the best, those who have made some sort of significant contribution to the industry but the wwe has watered it down over the years - instead of inducting 2 or 3 people a year, they induct 6 or 7 and some years it is hard to justify the people going in. if vince/wwe has something to gain by it, they will induct someone. while both had successful careers, i don't think they were hall of fame careers - both were relatively short and they made impacts while they were wrestling but there hasn't been any long term impact from the careers (think of warrior's career - you can skip right over it in a history of wrestling and no one will really notice - you can kind of do the same for Lesnar and Goldberg). to me, neither really deserve it.

I'm on the fence about this. Neither men was in the company for a long time but then the short time they were both in the company they both made a big impact. Also if a tv host can get into the HOF after one appearance then these two definitely should but if we go by that then nearly ever wrestler to have been in the company should be in the HOF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back