Bringing the 6-sided Ring BACK!

Should TNA have a 6-sided ring or a 4-sided ring?

• Bring the 6-sided ring back.

• Keep the 4-sided ring.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Real Babyface

IN THE MOUTH!
I've been watching TNA for a long time now and as soon as Hogan came one of my favorite parts of TNA was thrown away. The six-sided ring is gone and I've have been waiting and waiting thinking about how TNA might go back to the six-sided ring. I mean one of the biggest parts of TNA that has been there for over 5 years is gone because of one greatly known hall of famer. One major reason why I love the six-sided ring is because it stood out against every other wrestling company and if you saw the six-sided ring then you would know who TNA was and still is. The wrestling area when TNA had the six-sided ring used to be huge, but now it isn't. With all of that space X division wrestlers like AJ Styles and Chris Sabin could do more extreme high risk moves. With all of the space out-side of the ring extreme wrestlers like Abyss have more room to brawl, fight and beat each other to a pulp. Please post and vote on the poll to show your opinion about the 6-sided ring.

Here it what I think, even though they went with the 4 sided ring at slammiversary 2012 , they could have for one night only bring back the 6 sided ring for slammiversary 10 , cosidering tna / iw has been around for 10 years already .

6-sided ring over the 4-sided ring IMO. It gives the wrestlers much more room to put on good matches and perform explosive moves like a spring board DDT or Kaz's Flux Capacitor. The new 4-sided ring is cramped and small and offers hardly any space outside of it. Plus, the blue ring rope are a fucking eyesore. The 6-sided ring was TNA's signature ring and represented that time when TNA did its own stuff instead of Hogan's bullshit. The 4-sided ring isn't for me and I agree that I am a 6-sided ring mark. Yeah, condemn me for it, I am a mark!

they did bring back six sided ring for the ppv they did last year which was deciated to the x divison and one of the reason tna got rid of they ring as a lot of wrestlers were getting injuries due to the ring

I ought to just sticky this fuckin' thread so it stops popping up like as if it's some sort of brilliant and original idea every 3 months or so.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO the 6-sided ring does NOT need to return. Why? Because it was a fuckin' gimmick for the sake of a gimmick and not even original to TNA, for fucks sake. It had been used in Mexico and elsewhere for years prior to that, so spare me your "it made them stand out" nonsense.

All it did was alienate nearly every veteran who trained their entire lives to compete in a "squared circle" by forcing them to now try and adapt their approach to fit a monstrosity. The only performers who "benefitted" from it were the X Division guys, and half of them aren't even in the company any longer, and the division is a shadow of what it once was.

The six-sided ring should and likely will get brought back ONCE a year for Destination X, and that's about all the six-sided nostalgia I can tolerate.

Six sided ring was a gimmick nothing more and I don't really care how many sides a ring has. Everyone who dislikes TNA brings this up, as if the six sided ring would make the product better. Name me one match that has been better because of the six sided ring, or one that wouldn't have worked in a four sided ring.

The wrestling area when TNA had the six-sided ring used to be huge, but now it isn't. With all of that space X division wrestlers like AJ Styles and Chris Sabin could do more extreme high risk moves. With all of the space out-side of the ring extreme wrestlers like Abyss have more room to brawl, fight and beat each other to a pulp. Please post and vote on the poll to show your opinion about the 6-sided ring.

Oh please the difference in space is negligible at best. And tell me what more extreme moves could AJ and Kaz pull off in a six sided ring, that they couldn't do in a four sided one? Same with Abyss and other brawlers.

Also wrestlers have said the six sided ring is harder to work in. So that for me settles it, I don't want an unnecessary difficulty on the wrestlers. That being said, the ring is a gimmick, so once a year for Destination X would be nostalgia value I guess, since most people associate the X Division with it.

When I was at the TNA Impact tour in London 2 years ago I was down the front and got in quite early. I managed to talk to one of the senior Ring Tech guys before the show and I asked him why TNA no longer use it.
He basically told me it was to do with tension in the ropes, which in return because they're tighter and need much longer cable to make the loop the wrestlers found them harder to bounce off etc and were causing injury’s to backs. He also said it aloud for more space in the arena for seats etc so they're able to get a bigger attendance.

I also asked if they will ever use it again.. At the time he seemed unsure but said to me, “unlikely” although since then they have used it once for the X division PPV.

I personally really liked the 6 sided ring and wish it was maybe just a PPV exclusive or something. Alas if you ever wondered why maybe they got rid of the 6 sided ring, now you know.

Six sided ring was a gimmick nothing more and I don't really care how many sides a ring has. Everyone who dislikes TNA brings this up, as if the six sided ring would make the product better. Name me one match that has been better because of the six sided ring, or one that wouldn't have worked in a four sided ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgz8OPK4ug

This video right here prove why the 6 sided ring made the product better but I hate 6 sides. Seriously, you don't even know where the wrestlers will be lined up during tag matches. 6 sides were a gimmick to make them look different than WCW but it also made the ring smaller. If you want to watch a 6 sided ring go and watch AAA wrestling.

When I was at the TNA Impact tour in London 2 years ago I was down the front and got in quite early. I managed to talk to one of the senior Ring Tech guys before the show and I asked him why TNA no longer use it.
He basically told me it was to do with tension in the ropes, which in return because they're tighter and need much longer cable to make the loop the wrestlers found them harder to bounce off etc and were causing injury’s to backs. He also said it aloud for more space in the arena for seats etc so they're able to get a bigger attendance.

I also asked if they will ever use it again.. At the time he seemed unsure but said to me, “unlikely” although since then they have used it once for the X division PPV.

I personally really liked the 6 sided ring and wish it was maybe just a PPV exclusive or something. Alas if you ever wondered why maybe they got rid of the 6 sided ring, now you know.

Not to be a dick but the moron you talked to is more full of shit than all the Zack Ryder fans combined ( all 200 of them who watch his crappy internet show). Like stated before the Six sided ring has been used in mexico for many years prior to TNA and they still use it, I would be hard pressed to believe that Mexican wrestlers are having all these back problems ( or they hide it so well) Ask Del Rio and Sin Cara about injuries since joining the WWE.

Not to be a dick but the moron you talked to is more full of shit than all the Zack Ryder fans combined ( all 200 of them who watch his crappy internet show). Like stated before the Six sided ring has been used in mexico for many years prior to TNA and they still use it, I would be hard pressed to believe that Mexican wrestlers are having all these back problems ( or they hide it so well) Ask Del Rio and Sin Cara about injuries since joining the WWE.

Brilliant. Except Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara never worked a 6 Sided ring. CMLL uses the 4 sided ring with the elevated ramp.

Truth is whether it's 6, 4, 8 or 17 sides, it really doesn't make a difference. It's the guys in the ring and the product surrounding the ring that make it matter. You could bring the 6 sides for Destination X for nostagia, but would not bringing it back make the PPV bad? No. That would the matches and storylines surrounding the PPV. Not the ring they fight in.

Plenty of people have explained why the 6 sided ring is inferior, so no need to expand. I will simply say this. If the only reason a wrestling company stands out is how many sides their ring has, that wrestling company has big problems.

Why did Hogan get rid of it for:confused:
It was one of the things that represented TNA. The big guys IMO did have enough space and if ppl say they didn't, how come they got through it without any problems. It was great for the X-division guys too.
Now the least they can do is bring it back for TNA's versions of the Big 4; BFG, Slammiversery, Lockdown and IMO Destination x for a TNA original idea, X-division, not Victory Road.

Look i had no problem with the 6 sided ring when i first started watching TNA but it has now gone. Every few months someone says bring back the 6 sided ring as if it made a huge difference in quality of the matches or something. It didnt and doesnt. A quality match is a quality match irregardless of how many sides the ring has.

From the various reports ive read and interviews i've listended to the wrestlers seem to prefer working in a 4 sided ring anyway. In my opinion it is aesthetics and nothing more.

While some might like the 6-sided ring, your average joe blow wrestling fan isn't going to like something 'different' when it comes to Wrestling matches.

The only 'fighting' sport that gets by with a variation is the UFC and that's because it's legit and they need the size for the type of crap that they allow.

For boxing, wrestling, etc. you're not going to find many that will really like the idea of changing what they know and love.

Personally I could care less. All I care about is a good product with good wrestlers, decent story archs and entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgz8OPK4ug

This video right here prove why the 6 sided ring made the product better but I hate 6 sides. Seriously, you don't even know where the wrestlers will be lined up during tag matches. 6 sides were a gimmick to make them look different than WCW but it also made the ring smaller. If you want to watch a 6 sided ring go and watch AAA wrestling.

Hmm maybe I'm overestimating Skipper but I think he still could've pulled it off with four sides he'd have just needed to take a bigger leap at the end. Well he definitely could've with the current, more WWE-esque cage they have now since it has thicker walls to stand on.

The 6 sided ring looked cheesy. It made TNA stand out, but really, a 6 sided ring was all you could come up with when you thought TNA, so that's pretty stupid. A 4 sided ring is just fine. A different ring isn't going to improve ratings or the wrestling unless it's a big tag team match with high flyers and even then that doesn't exactly happen all the time. Switching rings was the only good thing Hogan has ever done since he went to TNA. :)

I hate this notion that TNA needs to bring back the 6-sided ring -- it's absolutely ridiculous. The 6-sided ring was nothing more than a novelty/gimmick and I don't really see the appeal in bringing it back. Sure, it's going to be a nice kick of nostalgia every year at Destination X, but the 6-sided ring doesn't need to be a regular thing. To bring back the 6-sided ring -- which, again, was a gimmick -- would be one hell of a step back for TNA. Any promotion that is reliant on a gimmick to get it over with the fans -- ECW and CZW with extreme wrestling, for example -- will never be able to have much mainstream success. TNA needs to rely on good storytelling and good matches inside of a standard 4-sided ring; bringing back the 6-sided ring would only attempt to cut that out, by having a "unique" ring to distract from what's actually going on in the ring.

Back in 2005-2006, I understood why TNA had a 6-sided ring, to a degree. They were an up-and-coming promotion, who were held up by their X Division. They needed to differentiate themselves and play to their strengths and having a 6-sided ring did that, as it made it easier for X Division matches to have a frenetic pace and all kinds of other crazy spots peppered in throughout their matches. Today, in 2012, the X Division is no longer TNA's foundation and TNA isn't having to compete to get some mainstream viewership. TNA is the number 2 wrestling promotion in the world and if they want to maintain their mainstream success, they have to look and act like a mainstream company. A 6-sided ring is not the answer to that.

I'd like to see the six sided ring only at Destination X, Lock Down and Bound For Glory. The six sided ring should be used for the entire Destination X PPV as well as Lock Down. It'll give Lockdown more of an MMA feel. At bound for Glory they should set up two rings and use them both. X division guys in the six sided ring and regular guys in the four.

Why does everyone mention the 6 sided ring like it was what made TNA? Guess what? TNA started out with a 4 sided ring. Go watch their early ppvs. I'm glad they went back to 4 sides. 6 sides wasn't all that great anyway, yeah, it was different but who cares? If they want to use 6 sides on a regular basis, then they should create an X Division show just to make you all happy.

And I'm tired of everyone crying about 6 sides anyway. If you don't like TNA now, your not going to like them anyway, just because of 6 sides.

No, the six sided ring just made TNA look second rate. Wrestle was, is and always has been in a four sided ring. It should stay that way. The six sided ring did not add anything to the match at all for me.

I have always believed part of TNA's identity was the 6-sided ring. It was different for a mainstream wrestling company when they debuted it and no US wrestling company had that. Maybe Mexico & UFC have similiar designs, but, no other WRESTLING company does, which is the important part. And when Hogan/Bischoff changed the ring, they also took TNA's identity up to that point and took part of history with it. Sadly, I don't think the 6-sided ring will ever return at least not until Hogan & Bischoff are future-endeavored.......

The hexaring was present when I first got into TNA, and at the time I thought it was unique. I never had a problem with it. But I've gotten used to them having a standard ring. Now its cool that they bring it back for Destination X, but its not a necessity anymore. Plus, I've read recently on Wrestlezone or PWInsider that a lot of veterans have stated that they hated performing in the hexaring. At the end of the day, the ones that have to step between the ropes are the ones who se opinions of said ring should matter.

Damn. Can't vote. There's no option for "I don't give a shit." How about if they placed the ring diagonally! There's the topic for when this discussion comes up again in 2-3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back