+Braun Strowman Was Cheated

Glacier

Pre-Show Stalwart
What a clusterpuck of a MITB match.

It made no sense and had no cohesion at all.

Why would Braun kick Roman, then stand around and wait almost
a minute before cashing in?

I guess to give the Shield time to run out there.

They kept saying the bell had not run so it was not an official match,
but who knows how it will play out.

That was the worst MITB cash in ever.

A funny part was that stick-figure Ambrose trying to line things up
to put Braun through a table, his whole body is smaller than Braun's
thigh.

Will the results be official or will Braun get a do-over?

I have no Idea to be truthful. I watched the ending and hope to God that's not how Reigns will keep the title going forward. I want an Ambrose heel turn dammit. Anyway yea it was kind of weird wasn't it.

I had the sound down so I'm not sure of how the crowd reacted to the Shield reunion, but depending how this storyline is booked this could be a triple heel turn. If Vince reunited the Shield in order to prevent fans from turning Reigns heel, this could backfire on him. It's almost impossible to book a faction helping to protect one of their own from losing a title without them turning heel.

Triple heel turn could happen because there are rumors of the return of the
NWO big 3.

The NWO versus the Shield would probably make the Shield heels.

Triple heel turn could happen because there are rumors of the return of the
NWO big 3.

The NWO versus the Shield would probably make the Shield heels.

Even if that's true, it won't be Hogan, Hall & Nash taking on the Shield as they'd never be medically cleared. Hogan wasn't cleared when he returned to the company a few years ago; WWE would hardly even allow Hogan to do anything physical. Nash recently underwent something like the 25th knee surgery of his life and Hall either has hip replacements or is in need of them. Hogan just turned 65 years old, Nash recently turned 59 and Hall will be 60 in October so...yeah, not exactly something that'd be anything resembling an actual match.

The only thing I could see would be Big Three of the nWo passing the torch and the nWo name to some other group of young guys but that has almost no chance of taking place because it's too much of a gamble. Truth be told, if the nWo was gonna pass the torch to any group of three guys, it'd probably be the Shield.

As for the cash in attempt and crowd reaction, the crowd exploded once the Shield's music hit and Ambrose & Rollins came out wearing the riot gear. As for why Strowman was waiting around, it was just a brief screw up in timing but I'm not gonna nitpick at it. Strowman could've kept beating up on Reigns after he handed off the briefcase, but the match wouldn't have started as refs don't start matches when one guy is getting his ass handed to him before the bell officially rings.

I think what will happen is that Strowman will put his cash in plans on the backburner for a bit for as long as the Shield remains together. Every rumor and report I've read suggests that Ambrose is slated for a heel turn at some point in the relatively near future, as that was the plan for his team with Rollins before he was hurt so I have a feeling the turn is legitimately coming. As for Reigns, I think there's a chance that WWE has continued to trap us in the unending waiting game that is Reigns vs. Lesnar; don't be at all surprised if the plan is for Brock Lesnar to stay gone for the rest of the year and to invoke his rematch clause for WrestleMania next year. The Royal Rumble winner will be another wrestler from SmackDown and by then, it's POSSIBLE, I suppose, that Lesnar will be UFC Heavyweight Champion and if that's the case, then Vince will want to do some sort of promotional bit where Lesnar pops up on Raw the night after the Rumble, is UFC Heavyweight Champion and invokes his rematch for WrestleMania. IF that is indeed the plan, then everything Roman Reigns does, every feud he has and opponent he faces is just a holding pattern until this fucking thing with Brock Lesnar is finally and completely finished.

It will, undoubtedly, not count as an official cash in. The bell didn't ring, they made a massive deal of pointing that out throughout the cash in.

In terms of the segment itself, it was fine. I don't agree with any of the criticism laid out in the initial post because, when I watched it, it could easily be explained away. Braun kicked Roman so that he had the timer to hand over the case etc.

The apparent reformation of the SHIELD is a great surprise but I'm struggling to see the benefit from it. But that's an issue for another thread. In terms of the point of this one, he wasn't cheated. The result won't count and Braun and will, undoubtedly, have a successful cash in somewhere down the line.

First of all, I think the criticism are unwarranted in this because like Cole said, the bell didn't ring so strowman is keeping the briefcase. They did it a thousand time before with others, if I remember correctly They did the exact fake out with Carmella at the beginning of the year where the announcer said she was cash in only to get beat up or interrupted, so It's nothing new.

Secondly, I not surprise at all at the shield reunion, I thought they would have done that exact segment last night with Brock instead of strowman but I still work anyway. Also when Ambrose finally turn heel, it will have a bigger impact because He's doing it against the 2 biggest name of raw and could lead to a feud against both of them instead of just one of them.

Also, they had a strowman problem they needed that they had created and needed fixing. The thing is, the decided to have strowman said that he will cash in the first chance he got but at the same time, you don't want reigns to lose the belt right now, so that means you have to find creative way for strowman to tease the cash in without actually doing it. So having somebody stop him everything is both original and problematic. The problem with this is how many time can you do the exact same thing before fans just doesn't care about the cash in. You already cried wolf twice with strowman so they are threading on a very thin line right now.

What I would at this point is have strowman miss a couple of raw to sell the shield beat down, then comeback with a manager..... or an advocate and start being smart about the cash in instead of being so forward like he being the last 2times.

It was a clever way to use the Braun cash-in angle during SummerSlam and Raw, keep the belt on Roman, keep Braun strong and reunite the Shield, which the crowd loved. Instead of complaining, you should enjoy it for what it was. Very markish to ask why he stood there and waited so long. How long do you have to be a fan before seeing the big picture becomes clear? Man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back