Brand split

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
Basically this thread is for you to sort of create your own two WWE brands like back when the company was actually interesting and didnt require the use of part-time mega stars for more viewership. Anyway here is how it works and this is how I would split the two brands. FYI you can only use the current roster and part-time and NXT superstars are allowed:

RAW
WORLD CHAMPION: Brock Lesnar
MID-CARD CHAMPION: Dean Ambrose
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Lucha Dragons
WOMENS CHAMPION: Sasha Banks
OTHER TOP STARS:
Roman Reigns, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, Rusev, Neville, Finn Balor, BNB, The Miz, Charlotte, Emma, PrimeTime Players, The Ascension, Tyler Breeze, Bella Twins, Lana
GM:William Regal
THEME SONG: On Fire by Eminem

SMACKDOWN
WORLD CHAMPION: Seth Rollins
MID-CARD CHAMPION: Sami Zayn
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Enzo Amore and Big Cass
WOMENS CHAMPION: Paige
OTHER TOP STARS:
John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan, Kane, The New Day, The Usos, Baron Corbin, Bayley, Asuka, Becky Lynch, Alicia Fox, Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer
GM:Chris Jericho
THEME SONG: Down and Out by Tantric

RAW is basically about pure star power and is very storyline based. RAW at the moment has been getting a lot of negative feedback for its lack of wrestling and poor storytelling so I think I would take it back to a 2 hour show. My main feuds would probably be Reigns (heel)/Lesnar (face), Orton/DB for the secondary major feud.

SMACKDOWN meanwhile is extremely wrestling based. I would base it on the way NXT is booked. The brand is based on younger talent and features a lot of tournaments and mini championship brackets to climb your way up a ranking system towards the world title. Main feud would probably be Rollins/Owens with Rollins being a face. Cena putting over Zayn as the next big thing. And Samoa Joe creating a stable with The Usos to take on the New Day. SMACKDOWN is the show that most NXT guys debut on.

There are 11 PPV's a year, 3 for RAW and 3 for SMACKDOWN and then the other big five.

WRESTLEMANIA - Both
BACKLASH (Extreme Rules based) - RAW
ARMAGEDDON (Hell in a Cell based)- SMACKDOWN
BATTLEGROUND (War games based) - RAW
MONEY IN THE BANK - Both
DEMOLITION (TLC based) -SMACKDOWN
SUMMERSLAM - Both
PRIDE (Tournament) - RAW
KING OF THE RING (Tournament) - SMACKDOWN
ROYAL RUMBLE - Both
FAST LANE - Both (Ironman based)

Lets see you create your own WWE.

The brand split only worked because the roster at the time had so much star power from the merger of WCW to WWE, and after the Invasion angle they needed a way to get everyone on the shows. And then, what also made it great was that Smackdown at the time had someone at the helm who was willing to push Vince's buttons and make it its own thing... similar to NXT is today.

They don't have enough talent (or aren't utilizing enough talent) right now to have a captivating title picture for ONE World Title.

So how are they going to do it for two?

Although it would be interesting if they did a "soft" brand split of sorts, where certain guys only appeared on certain shows (like how in 06-07 Cena, HHH or HBK rarely used to be on Smackdown or Undertaker rarely used to be on RAW).

And it also would be interesting if the IC and US Titles were treated as World Titles on SmackDown, maybe even merge it into the IC-US Title to raise the prestige and value of it.

WWE has a long time before they can re-introduce the brand split because right now the roster is not strong enough. Being a bigger fan of Smackdown than Raw during the brand split, i'm all for it, if it brings back interest to Smackdown.
***Raw and Smackdown will be sharing the divas championship, tag team championship, and GM.***
GM for both shows will be......: Kane or Regal (I want someone that would be respected and say what he needs without caring what anyone else opinion is)
***(f)=face (h)=heel w/o a ( )=switch between both (h)&(f)***
Raw: (booked by Triple H and co.)
WWE CHAMPION: Roman Reigns(f)
Main Event: John Cena, Brock Lesnar(h), Balor(f), Owens(h), Sheamus(h), Bray Wyatt(h), Kurt Angle(f)
IC CHAMPION: Luke Harper(h)
Mid-Card: Ambrose(h), Kofi w/Woods, Barrett(f), Miz(h), Cody Rhodes/Stardust(f), Baron Corbin(h), Austin Aries(f), Apollo Crews(f)
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS:New Day(this way wwe can have them split w/o breaking them up)
Teams: Dudleys(h), The Usos(h), Enzo&Cass(f), Jordan&Gable(f), Blake&Murphy(h)
WOMENS CHAMPION: Sasha
Becky(f), Bellas(h), Natalya(f), Bailey(f), Dana Brook(h), Alicia Fox(h), Carmella(f)

Smackdown: (give Heyman creative control)
WORLD CHAMPION: Seth Rollins
Main Event: Randy Orton(h), Cesaro(f), Samoa Joe, Del Rio(h), Big E w/Woods, Jeff Hardy(f)
Mid card: Ziggler(f), Rusev(h), Ryback(f), Alex Riley(h), Sylvster Lefort(h), James Storm(f)
LIGHTHEAVY WEIGHT CHAMP/CRUISERWEIGHT: Tyler Breeze
Neville(f), Sami Zayn(f), Curtis Axel(h), Primo(h), Epico(h), Hideo Itami(f), Marcus Louis(h),
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: New Day
Teams: Ascension(h), Lucha Dragons(f), Vaudvillians(h),
WOMENS CHAMPION: Sasha Banks
Charlotte(h), Paige, Eva(h), Asuka(f), Emma, Naomi(f), Summer Rae(h)

That was harder than I thought. Looking at my rosters I will pass on the brand split.....But then again if Raw was booked by Triple H and Smackdown was booked by Heyman, it could be some of the best Shows we've seen in almost a decade.

If a hypothetical brand split were to occur, I would advocate that the WWE, Divas and Tag Team titles remain 'brand-less' so they can be defended on both, simply because there should only be one top title and that the other two divisions aren't nearly big or strong enough to support two titles each.

The US and IC titles I would have on individual shows, and on months where the world title is being used on the other brand, booked in the strongest position

I love this kind of fantasy booking - I do; it's what all wrestling fans do as kids with their action figures and WWF/WWE video games.

The sad reality is the WWE doesn't have the depth on it's talent roster to make a brand extension work; therefore I have to say I would like them to create just one brand that develops stars properly and uses them properly.

IMO this is the worst the WWE roster has been since 1995 and there's absolutely no reason at all for a brand split. With that being said though, I do enjoy the occasional game or two so I'll play.

RAW
GM - Triple H
WWE Champion - Seth Rollins (h)
other main event talent includes Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Kane
Intercontinental Champion - Cesaro (f)
other midcard talent includes Neville, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Del Rio, Tyson Kidd
WWE Tag Team Champions - The New Day (h)
other contenders include Usos, Enzo & Big Cass, Blake & Murphy, Dudleys
Women's Champion - Bayley (f)
other contenders include both Sasha Banks, Paige, Natalya, Becky Lynch, Carmella

SMACKDOWN
GM - Road Dogg
World Heavyweight Champion - Bray Wyatt (h)
other main event talent includes John Cena, Dean Ambrose, Sheamus, Samoa Joe
United States Champion - Braun Strowman (h)
other midcard talent includes Ryback, Rusev, Tyler Breeze, Stardust, Bo Dallas, Goldust
World Tag Team Champions - Erick Rowan & Luke Harper (h)
other tag teams include Primetime Players, Lucha Dragons, Ascension, Hype Bros
Divas Champion - Charlotte (f)
other contenders include both Bellas, Alicia Fox, Mandy Rose, Eva Marie, Emma

They don't have enough talent (or aren't utilizing enough talent) right now to have a captivating title picture for ONE World Title.

So how are they going to do it for two?

Although it would be interesting if they did a "soft" brand split of sorts, where certain guys only appeared on certain shows (like how in 06-07 Cena, HHH or HBK rarely used to be on Smackdown or Undertaker rarely used to be on RAW).

And it also would be interesting if the IC and US Titles were treated as World Titles on SmackDown, maybe even merge it into the IC-US Title to raise the prestige and value of it.

Yeah that's the only thing I could think of. The US and IC title definitely needs to get merged. I've seen Ambrose/KO do more with the IC title over the past couple of weeks than Del Rio with the US title, it's a shame the only time the US title is relevant is when Cena holds it.

They could atleast have ADR do open challenges to mock Cena, draw heat, but still keep credibility.

Raw
GM: Austin or Foley: I'd have one of these two run a 2 hour show but only make sporadic appearances when needed to build story lines or title matches like Regal does on NXT.

WWE Title (Main Eventers) Lesnar, Orton & Rollins. Orton would be top heel and Rollins top face with a tweener Lesnar involved in the main title picture.
Main feuds: Rollins(c) V Lesnar/ Rollins(c) V Balor/ Lesnar V Cesaro.

IC Title (Upper/mid carders with some being moved into main event scene as needed) Balor(face who can move into main event scene). Del Rio(heel). Big E(heel). Wyatt(heel who can move into main event scene). Cesaro(face who can move into main event scene). Jericho(face). Ambrose(tweener who can move into main event scene). Barrett(heel). Kingston(heel). Rusev(heel who can move into main event scene).
Main feuds: Wyatt V Balor/ Cesaro V Del Rio/ Jericho V Ambrose.

TV Title (mid/lower carders with title being defended on Raw on weekly basis and switching with IC title roster when needed) Bigshow(heel). Strowman(heel). Sandow(face). Goldust(face). Kane(tweener). Truth(face). Woods(heel).

Tag Titles: Harper & Rowan (heel Wyatt's). New Day(heel). Uso's(face). Dudley's(face). Vaudevillians(face). Enzo & Cass(face).
Main feuds: New Day(c) V Uso's/ New Day(c) V Vaudevillians.

Women's Title: Brie(heel). Charlotte(face). Lana(manager). Nikki(heel). Paige(tweener). Rosa(manager). Sasha(heel). Carmella(manager).
Main feud: Sasha(c) V Charlotte/ Sasha(c) V Paige/ Paige(c) V Charlotte.

Smackdown
GM: Regal (same role as Raw GM)

WHC (main eventers) Bryan(face). Cena(heel). Reigns(face).
Main feuds: Reigns(c) V Cena/ Reigns(c) V Owens/ Owens(c) V Bryan.

US Title (same function as IC title on Raw) Dallas(heel). Axel(heel). Ziggler(face can be moved to main event scene). Swagger(face). Owens(heel can be moved to main event scene). Henry(face). Miz(heel). Ryback(face). Sheamus(heel can be moved to main event scene). Rhodes(face). Zayn(face). Samoa Joe(tweener).
Main feuds: Owens(c) V Zayn/ Zayn(c) V Ziggler/ Samoa Joe V Sheamus.

CW Title (weight limit 220lbs title is defended weekly on SD) Rose(heel). Slater(heel can be used in US title scene). Kalisto(face can be used in US title scene). Neville(face can be used in US title scene). Sin Cara(face). Breeze(heel can be used in US title scene). Kidd(face).
Main feuds: Neville(c) V Kalisto/ Neville(c) V Breeze/ Breeze(c) V Kidd.

Tag titles: Social Outcasts (heel any 2 of 4). Prime Time Players(face). Ascension(heel). Los Matadors(face). Lucha Dragons(face). Blake & Murphy(heel).
Main feuds: Prime Time Players(c) V Social Outcasts/ Dragons(c) V Ascension.

Female Title (don't want to call it Diva) Alicia(heel). Becky(face). Emma(heel). Naomi(face). Natalya(face). Summer(manager). Tamina(heel). Bayley(face). Alexa(manager).
Main feuds: Becky(c) v Bayley/ Naomi V Tamina/ Bayley(c) V Emma.

PPV's
Jan: Rumble. Feb: No Way Out. March: WM. April: Backlash. May: Judgement Day. June: Vengeance. July: MITB. Aug: SSlam. Sept: Unforgiven. Oct: Battleground. Nov: SSeries. Dec: Grand Slam (final PPV of the year is a showcase where Champions of Raw and SD face eg WWE V WHC, Tag V Tag ect).

IMO this is the worst the WWE roster has been since 1995 and there's absolutely no reason at all for a brand split. With that being said though, I do enjoy the occasional game or two so I'll play.

It wasn't a situation of injuries that hurt WWE. It was terrible storylines and even more ridiculous booking. Undertaker vs Brooklyn Brawler? Plus there was this steroid investigation that was still on-going. The talent on the roster was there.

The brand split only worked because the roster at the time had so much star power from the merger of WCW to WWE, and after the Invasion angle they needed a way to get everyone on the shows. And then, what also made it great was that Smackdown at the time had someone at the helm who was willing to push Vince's buttons and make it its own thing... similar to NXT is today.

I think he's just fantasy booking guys, I don't recall the OP demanding that the brand split return :shrug: But yeah I can't find much reason for more than one world title.

Really? I think the roster was much weaker around 2004 and again around 2009 than it is now. The midcard is stacked with interesting talent and gimmicks, even if they're not likely to hit main event.

I like OP's idea of Enzo & Cass heading up tag team on SD, that's exactly where I would put them. Their pace fits well on a fast, technical B-show, and it would still allow them to gain some main roster gold.

If I was gonna bring back brand split, I would keep the first couple of years' style where there was one world champion shared between two shows with the roster how it currently is. It doesn't sit right with me one company having two 'world' level titles somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back