Brand Split vs NXT

Rocky84

Is it just me or has NXT become too ambitious? It's been fine with me up to this point, but here we have one of the worst times in history for injuries...I don't recall there ever being so many to top superstars like these, especially on the road to Wrestlemania. And with that said, here we have management signing top stars like Austin Aries, and Nakamura, only to be sent to NXT?? We lucked out and fortunately got AJ Styles, but at a time like this, why aren't we getting these other established guys, and then some to WWE?

NXT is a developmental organization, yet it has established guys from TNA and NJPW going there. Why is that? It's not so that they learn the WWE style, because if that were the case they wouldn't have brought in AJ Styles. So why is Samoa Joe, and Finn Balor there?

My question is would anyone prefer that NXT be just for developing young talent, and therefore allow it's top guys to move to the main roster as part of a brand split? This way millions can watch them on a regular basis. If the network only has a small amount of subscribers, then they're missing out on millions and millions more being able to see the talent currently there.

Imagine a Raw and Smackdown headed by...

Raw:

John Cena
Seth Rollins
Aj Styles
Austin Aries
Shinsuke Nakamura
Finn Balor
Bray Wyatt
Baron Corbin
Neville
Kalisto
Ziggler
Miz
Kane
Cody Rhodes
Tyler Breeze
Rhyno
Swagger

Dudleys
Machine Gun Anderson & Gallows
Wyatt Family
R-Truth & Goldust
Prime Time Playas
The Ascension

Charlotte
Sasha
Bayley
Nikki
Brie
Asuka
Alicia Fox
Summer

Smackdown:

Roman Reigns
Randy Orton
Dean Ambrose
Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe
Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Sheamus
Del Rio
Apollo Crews
Rusev
Ryback
Barrett
Big Show
Mark Henry
Sandow
Fandango
Ryder

New Day
Usos
Enzo & Big Cas
Social Outcasts
Los Matadores

Paige
Becky Lynch
Natalya
Naomi
Tamina
Nia Jax
Emma

With Sting, Undertaker, Brock, Daniel Bryan, Jericho, Rock, Batista, Christian etc, on either one when they're around.

Have 2 Tag Titles, 2 Divas Titles, US/IC Title on each, and two World Titles. Obviosuly, I didn't get all the talent, but plenty to have two shows with.

Oh and bring Raw back to 2 hours...

Thoughts?

NXT hasn't been developmental for a while. They are the other brand. WWE is using it to bring more people, namely Indy obsessed smarks and the Japanese to the Network. I would prefer NXT to be on basic cable or at least the seasoned talent that you mention but WWE has other goals beyond providing NBC Universal with the best talent.

As far as a SD brand split goes, while it would be nice to see more of certain guys, I don't really have that much interest in watching another two hours of wrestling a week. I watch too much as it is. I'm happy that I don't need to watch SD to keep up with the goings on.

NXT hasn't been developmental for a while. They are the other brand. WWE is using it to bring more people, namely Indy obsessed smarks and the Japanese to the Network. I would prefer NXT to be on basic cable or at least the seasoned talent that you mention but WWE has other goals beyond providing NBC Universal with the best talent.

As far as a SD brand split goes, while it would be nice to see more of certain guys, I don't really have that much interest in watching another two hours of wrestling a week. I watch too much as it is. I'm happy that I don't need to watch SD to keep up with the goings on.

Technically it would only be 1 more hour per week with the proposed 1 hour less of Raw. Also, it wouldn't only allow us to watch more wrestlers, but give them more time to develop more entertaining & meaningful storylines. I think the Network should be able to get those Indie & Japanese fans with the crap loads of other content. Plus, if NXT is going to be the main Network draw...they're in serious trouble. I don't think that's the case though.

Technically it would only be 1 more hour per week with the proposed 1 hour less of Raw. Also, it wouldn't only allow us to watch more wrestlers, but give them more time to develop more entertaining & meaningful storylines.

Explain how we would get more entertaining and meaningful storylines. To me the only guarantee is that you will see more wrestlers.

I think the Network should be able to get those Indie & Japanese fans with the crap loads of other content.

Unfortunately for them it doesn't. If someone wants to watch Finn Balor or KENTA right now they have to get or steal the Network. Put them on SD and they only need the USA Network or some other avenue where WWE gets little to no money.

Plus, if NXT is going to be the main Network draw...they're in serious trouble. I don't think that's the case though.

It's not, the PPVs are the main draw. NXT is meant to bring in fans that don't care about Raw and SD but enjoy wrestling alternatives. And yes, they do use it to develop some talent as well.

Again, it may be cool to get a SD brand for some fans but WWE has another purpose for a lot of NXT guys and NBC Universal probably wants the biggest names on both of their USA Network shows.

Although I do wonder if USA Network officials are paying enough attention to NXT to recognize that Vince is holding out on some high quality contracted talent.

Explain how we would get more entertaining and meaningful storylines. To me the only guarantee is that you will see more wrestlers.

It's simple. More time=more fully developed storylines. For instance, we wouldn't see things like Dolph Ziggler (not that I care so much about him personally, just an example) for two to three weeks in a feud with Tyler Breeze that goes absolutely nowhere, and then all of a sudden he's teaming with the Usos wearing paint on his face in a feud with another team out of nowhere. This happens all the time, and common sense tells you that there's simply not enough time to take these storylines anywhere on a consistent basis.

With 2 hours dedicated to each half of the roster, then we'd get enough time to see things play out more. And with all these new guys coming in and the current ones coming back from injury, there's a lot of top talent...and only 1 title, and not enough time to showcase them all. Cena, Reigns, Rollins, Owens, Orton, Styles, Aries, Ambrose, Samoa Joe, Balor, Nakamura, DBryan, Brock, etc...that's like 15 dudes for 1 title, and all of them would be in the World title picture. If you split them up, we'd be able to see more of them in meaningful championship feuds and matches.

Unfortunately for them it doesn't. If someone wants to watch Finn Balor or KENTA right now they have to get or steal the Network. Put them on SD and they only need the USA Network or some other avenue where WWE gets little to no money.

Do we have facts and stats to back this up or this just an opinion? I know plenty of indie fans who watch other things than just NXT. I mean, how is any indie fan not watching old school ECW on the network? How is NXT making more money from Finn Balor on the Network? How do they get less money on USA with all the advertising money they get there? I'm not a business major, but I'm pretty sure putting Balor on USA Network would allow him to be marketed to people all around the world which would get them more money for merch. The difference in exposure is astounding...how few people even have the Network? And how many of those few who do, even watch NXT? Then compare it to Raw. Big difference.

It's not, the PPVs are the main draw. NXT is meant to bring in fans that don't care about Raw and SD but enjoy wrestling alternatives. And yes, they do use it to develop some talent as well.

Of course the PPV's are...I was just saying that based on the impression I got from ya that it was NXT...but let's be honest here...If most people who love WWE and all it's history, plus WCW and ECW, don't pay $10 for the Network in order to watch the content or get the PPV's for free, then what makes you think that people who don't watch the current product are going to pay $10 per month just to watch NXT??? That really makes no sense.

Again, it may be cool to get a SD brand for some fans but WWE has another purpose for a lot of NXT guys and NBC Universal probably wants the biggest names on both of their USA Network shows.

Although I do wonder if USA Network officials are paying enough attention to NXT to recognize that Vince is holding out on some high quality contracted talent.

I honestly don't know what WWE is trying to accomplish anymore with NXT...how do they make money with a small arena, little exposure, and nobody buying much merch? They're kinda wasting talent, and by wasting talent there for the long periods of time that they are, they're missing opportunities to make money...whether it's merchandise, or ratings.

As far as USA goes, having all the talent on both shows doesn't really make sense if you're not really getting all the talent on both shows. We all know that after Wrestlemania, Smackdown will be the same ol' crappy show it was before it got to USA. They won't have the top stars there all the time. But look at all the success it had during the time the brand split had similar talent on each roster....around 2002-2007. Some people even thought Smackdown was the better show.

Ratings would surely increase for Smackdown with the current roster being split and half of it being put there. It's simple.. if they are getting everyone watching Raw and nobody watching Smackdown now, then having everyone watch both would surely be better for business no? People here always complain about the WWE not developing it's talent. A brand split at this point would allow that. Split the roster and guys would have all year to get into positions where they get more opportunity to shine. It's pretty cut n dry.

I think you might just be more nostalgic for the brand extension era than anything. WWE has to make a decision to spend more time allowing characters and stories to develop, a second brand extension era won't necessarily ensure that they do.

Nothing about the brand extension said story time and character development. In fact, the start of the brand extension marked a time when character development went south within WWE.

Good on you for coming up with an idea to increase something that is certainly deficient within the confines of the biggest pro wrestling company, but a major programming and platform change won't result in the change you desire. It has to come from a conscious decision to go back to the basics and let good storytelling pay the bills like it used to.

Nakamura is going through NXT because the Network just launched in Japan, and he's a huge Japanese star. I doubt he's staying in NXT for long, maybe a year or more tops. Styles skipped NXT because WWE had to do something big with so many of their top stars on the shelf.

Having anyone skip NXT sends the message that said person is above NXT. Sending one guy in a blue moon straight to the main roster is fine though, sending several at once is a big message. Samoa Joe didn't go straight to the main roster, neither did Balor (Devitt).

Personally, seeing how Tyler Breeze is being used and how Becky Lynch was used upon debut, I'm glad Nakamura, Joe, and others are starting in NXT. WWE is barely using some of their home grown talents like Breeze.

Some day, good storytelling and more time for characters will come to WWE. That day is likely the day when Triple H assumes creative control. Until then a major format change like a brand extension will just muddle the mixture and cause us to lose the treat that is NXT.

Having 2 titles was the worst idea ever, making the IC title relevant should have been the go to for me.

As for a brand split, I don't think many dislike the idea it's just not needed atm. Hell, we don't even know NXT contract differences to those of Raw/Smackdown stars. The way WWE introduce stars after time in NXT is probably best suited for now IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing certain main storylines be set for ONLY Raw. Thus giving more time on Smackdown for more matches and create more interest in other characters. Increase the WWE roster by 5 - 10 signings and have low-card WWE rostered stars make appearances on NXT to push stars and eventual NXT PPV's. Bring back the European championship & Redesign the Authority to a "Power Corporation", consisting of at least Paul Heyman, Lauranitis, HHH, Vince, Steph, Finlay & some other top star (creates possible future feuds and anything beats the Authority gig lol.

I've said before that the biggest difference between NXT and the main roster is simply the final decision makers.

Triple H is technically in charge of WWE Creative, the truth is that Vince s really the one in charge of WWE Creative and always has been. Whatever ideas Trips & the creative team come up with, they have to be approved or disapproved by Vince and this in & of itself, as we know can lead to various problems. One of those problems is the possibility, I say possibility as there's no way for me to know for certain, is that the creative team comes up with some ideas that they already know ahead of time will appeal to Vince; first & foremost, the job of WWE Creative is to make Vince McMahon happy and let's not delude ourselves otherwise. In NXT, there's no Vince McMahon in sight and the creative team in NXT doesn't have to cater to him. With no Vince McMahon to cater to, you have a booking strategy that's founded on easy to invest in characters, logical storylines, a definite lack of the sports entertainment silliness that appeals especially to Vince and a degree of stable continuity that is very much hit or miss on the main roster.

The problem with some sort of main roster vs. NXT roster sort of angle is that, once again, Vince McMahon will be the head chef in the kitchen and, as a result, it'll just be more of the same just with a lot more wrestlers involved. Maybe we'll get quality, maybe we won't, maybe it'll be a mix of both but we won't have the reliability of Triple H and his creative team in NXT to make the final decisions because this involves the main roster. I'm not trying to say that Trips is the unerring master who always gets it right, but I feel much more confident with Trips at the helm right now than I do with Vince.

Another problem is that while NXT has grown into more than just a developmental brand, you still have to remember that Vince's perspective is really the only one that matters in WWE; his perspective is still that the main roster is still the superior brand and his perception, whether due to simple egotism or if he genuinely believes this, is that NXT is minor league in comparison.

Like many who watch NXT, we see it as a tantalizing possibility of what the main roster would be like under different creative control. There may well be bumps in the road along the way as Trips would have, if counting Superstars & Main Event, seven hours of programming to fill each week instead of one but I have a feeling he could do it.

If Trips takes over once Vince is no longer in the picture, whether by choice, illness or death, then, at some point, some sort of main roster vs. NXT roster program might be more feasible and I'd feel much more comfortable with its prospects of success.

It's simple. More time=more fully developed storylines.

No, better writing and more talented wrestlers would lead to this.

For instance, we wouldn't see things like Dolph Ziggler (not that I care so much about him personally, just an example) for two to three weeks in a feud with Tyler Breeze that goes absolutely nowhere, and then all of a sudden he's teaming with the Usos wearing paint on his face in a feud with another team out of nowhere.

Brand extension does not mean better writing or someone like Dolph Ziggler would all of the sudden be more entertaining. It just means he is only on one show instead of two.

This happens all the time, and common sense tells you that there's simply not enough time to take these storylines anywhere on a consistent basis.

Six hours plus PPV and they can't tell good stories. Two hours (plus however you split up main event) plus PPV and how is that giving them more time.
WWE is still going to put the most time and effort in to their main events and most marketable stars. So if Dolph Ziggler's story is on the same brand as John Cena's story, John Cena's story is still going to get the most time and attention.

You're also throwing in more belts in your brand split. Where is the time going to be to give the attention to all those new belts?

With 2 hours dedicated to each half of the roster, then we'd get enough time to see things play out more.

And now you have fans that may not want to go to the B show because they go to see their favorites.

Look this is going on too long. WWE was basically doing what you suggested but it wasn't working for them. Isn't that evidence enough that your idea is not going to fly?

And with all these new guys coming in and the current ones coming back from injury, there's a lot of top talent...and only 1 title, and not enough time to showcase them all. Cena, Reigns, Rollins, Owens, Orton, Styles, Aries, Ambrose, Samoa Joe, Balor, Nakamura, DBryan, Brock, etc...that's like 15 dudes for 1 title, and all of them would be in the World title picture. If you split them up, we'd be able to see more of them in meaningful championship feuds and matches.

It's a nice thought and I'm glad you think so highly of those guys but the two Hwt title era was not good to building stars and bringing prestige to the belts. Unless you just like belts for the sake of belts.

Do we have facts and stats to back this up or this just an opinion?

Just an opinion but that doesn't make it wrong. Here is a fact, WWE had a Brand extension with SD, they decided against it. It wasn't working for them. Vince does not like to give up on something. He gave up on the brand extension. If they ever believe and NBC Universal will let them they will go back to it but now does not appear to be that time.

I know plenty of indie fans who watch other things than just NXT. I mean, how is any indie fan not watching old school ECW on the network?

But are they paying $9.99 for the ECW shows? Aren't they more likely paying to see Balor, Joe, and Nakamura? If they want old ECW they would probably just go to YouTube or pirate it themselves.

How is NXT making more money from Finn Balor on the Network? How do they get less money on USA with all the advertising money they get there?

They have a five year deal with USA. That is money they pretty much get regardless. The Network is a monthly variable. Everyone can cancel tomorrow and there is nothing for WWE.

I'm not a business major, but I'm pretty sure putting Balor on USA Network would allow him to be marketed to people all around the world

It's the internet.

which would get them more money for merch. The difference in exposure is astounding...how few people even have the Network? And how many of those few who do, even watch NXT? Then compare it to Raw. Big difference.

You make a challenging point but again, WWE has "business majors" who can run the numbers on this stuff. Right now they have decided that Balor means more to them in NXT exclusively on the Network. A separate brand that needs to fit a regularly touring company with it's own roster and have its own stories costs money. TNA tried to pull off the touring thing and failed miserably. I'm not saying WWE would fail that badly but it is not as simple as: New Brand, Money.

Of course the PPV's are...I was just saying that based on the impression I got from ya that it was NXT...but let's be honest here...If most people who love WWE and all it's history, plus WCW and ECW, don't pay $10 for the Network in order to watch the content or get the PPV's for free, then what makes you think that people who don't watch the current product are going to pay $10 per month just to watch NXT??? That really makes no sense.

ROH, NJPW, TNA and Indys have fans that don't watch WWE. They will follow guys like Nakamura, Balor, and Joe to see what they are up to. They will be more likely to follow them some where that is not the soap opera that is Raw and SD.

I honestly don't know what WWE is trying to accomplish anymore with NXT...

Clearly.

how do they make money with a small arena, little exposure, and nobody buying much merch? They're kinda wasting talent, and by wasting talent there for the long periods of time that they are, they're missing opportunities to make money...whether it's merchandise, or ratings.

It is all about the Network.

As far as USA goes, having all the talent on both shows doesn't really make sense if you're not really getting all the talent on both shows.

USA doesn't care that Jack Swagger is competing for his 1824th European Tltle.

We all know that after Wrestlemania, Smackdown will be the same ol' crappy show it was before it got to USA. They won't have the top stars there all the time. But look at all the success it had during the time the brand split had similar talent on each roster....around 2002-2007. Some people even thought Smackdown was the better show.

But it was unsustainable as television retracts and internet gains popularity. The global economy and technology grow as the US stays somewhat flat. Kids are growing up in YouTube more and less on Saturday morning cartoons. WWE has to change strategy.

Ratings would surely increase for Smackdown with the current roster being split and half of it being put there. It's simple.. if they are getting everyone watching Raw and nobody watching Smackdown now, then having everyone watch both would surely be better for business no? People here always complain about the WWE not developing it's talent. A brand split at this point would allow that. Split the roster and guys would have all year to get into positions where they get more opportunity to shine. It's pretty cut n dry.

WWE is focused on their internet revenue, not their cable revenue. Your dream that brand split equals more money is not necessarily true. They had a brand split on USA just a few years ago. It wasn't working. They changed. Maybe they will get there again but I doubt they'll rob NXT just to get there.

Gotta agree with GSB here. The WWE Network is a vehicle that WWE are using to drive new revenues. The trends in cable and programming are quite clear, it's shifting to a new paradigm of content on demand with online services. WWE are using NXT as a selling point for the network, and they will be elated that NXT is growing as a brand in its own. A brand split would simply outweigh the positives that NXT gives WWE right now, and for the long term.

WWE probably don't care about ratings now as much as they used to, only in so far as satisfying USA Network best they can, and to drive viewers to the Network. I'm hopeful over the next 5-10 years we'll see Raw and Smackdown on the Network the day after airing, rather than 30 days later.

If the Network does grow to a point where WWE can leave the cable industry and trust in their own model one day, then a 'Brand Split' *might* enter the conversation again. I don't think it would happen without that, and I'm doubtful it will ever happen again. There was a reason for it back in 2002, that reason isn't there now.

The Main Roster's enemy is simply too many wrestling programming hours. The supplement programming on the Network is actually really good (Table for 3, Breaking Ground, etc). The product's got better recently, but there's no need right now to go introducing a brand split or giving NXT more TV time.

I miss the days of watching Raw and be left wanting more and not being able to wait for the next week. That doesn't mean I should be given extra hours and a weaker show as a result.

Absolutely ridiculous! Has NXT become too ambitious? Are you having a laugh?
Brand split? the IWC were throwing themselves left and right for the brand split to be over and the two titles to be unified to add importance to the champion. It happens and then people start asking for it back? The WWEWHC should remain as it is, the brand split should NOT be reinstated. And NXT should remain a one way street for talent, and be considered developmental no matter how popular it becomes.

By bringing in Styles, Nakamura, Gallows, Anderson, Balor, Joe, Zayn all at the same time and pushing them right into the WWE, you don't succeed in making new stars, or replacing the injured roster....you dilute the product. Bring them all in at the same time and only ONE man comes out on top. The rest get lost in the shuffle, because they can't all come in and win all their matches! The shield were different...they came in at a time when WWE had plenty of time on their hands and ONLY John Cena, Randy Orton as big stars and top draws...with Punk and Bryan on a huge rise...which they facilitated. The departure of CM Punk and the injury of Daniel Bryan couldn't have happened at a better time for the Trio...
Does lightning strike twice in the same place? Would an onslaught of established NXT talent being forced upon the roster during a Roman Reigns main event push help the WWE as a whole? It absolutely would not! I want to see all these guys get their opportunity at some point soon SURE! I am a huge NXT fan and a fan of all the wrestlers that are seemingly ready for a call up. But do it all now...and both products suffer.

Absolutely ridiculous! Has NXT become too ambitious? Are you having a laugh?
Brand split? the IWC were throwing themselves left and right for the brand split to be over and the two titles to be unified to add importance to the champion. It happens and then people start asking for it back? The WWEWHC should remain as it is, the brand split should NOT be reinstated. And NXT should remain a one way street for talent, and be considered developmental no matter how popular it becomes.

By bringing in Styles, Nakamura, Gallows, Anderson, Balor, Joe, Zayn all at the same time and pushing them right into the WWE, you don't succeed in making new stars, or replacing the injured roster....you dilute the product. Bring them all in at the same time and only ONE man comes out on top. The rest get lost in the shuffle, because they can't all come in and win all their matches! The shield were different...they came in at a time when WWE had plenty of time on their hands and ONLY John Cena, Randy Orton as big stars and top draws...with Punk and Bryan on a huge rise...which they facilitated. The departure of CM Punk and the injury of Daniel Bryan couldn't have happened at a better time for the Trio...
Does lightning strike twice in the same place? Would an onslaught of established NXT talent being forced upon the roster during a Roman Reigns main event push help the WWE as a whole? It absolutely would not! I want to see all these guys get their opportunity at some point soon SURE! I am a huge NXT fan and a fan of all the wrestlers that are seemingly ready for a call up. But do it all now...and both products suffer.

Lol this is so wayyy over your head dude. You're contradicting yourself by saying that NXT should remain developmental no matter how popular it is...yet my point is that it's NOT developmental for established stars like Aries, Balor, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, etc. they're already developed! And you then complain that having them all come in at the same time would be bad because there's not enough room....that's my point! Lol. Split the brands so that there is room for them all.

Also, I'll address GSB's post tomorrow...it's longer so it'll take time but there's much to debate there. But for the record, a brand split worked very well for many years...they stopped because of the extreme lack of talent a few years back at the very end. That's why everyone wanted to stop the split and unite the titles. Nowadays, WWE faces the exact same predicament it did back in 2002 when it had an influx of top talent. Terrible way to ignore that fact.

I agree. The Brand Extension should return. Making Raw a 2 hour show again, and making Smackdown live on Tuesday would be great starting points for this plan. Back to back nights, both shows from 9-11, with a Main Event and SuperStars taping right before at 8, would be perfect.

The next step would have to be Championship Title designation. I'd give Raw the original Championships of the WWE (WWE, Intercontinental, WWE Tag Team (using the Raw Tag Team Championship Belts), and Women's). I'd give Smackdown the Championship Titles originally from WCW (World Heavyweight and United States) and the newer counterparts (World Tag Team (using the Smackdown Tag Team Championship Belts) and Divas)

As far as NXT is concerned, I would go with a format from 2005. I'd hold the WWE Draft starting at the night after WrestleMania, and continue through the weeks leading up to the next Pay Per View. The twist...the General Managers of each Brand selects SuperStars exclusively from NXT. Each Brand would get 2 picks per show, totaling 8 picks each.

I would add that trades can occur at anytime from July, all the way up to the end of the year, similar to having a trade deadline. That would make for great TV.

As I've quoted 50 Cent before, "Of course you gotta do a remix. That's how you make one hit record into two." The WWE needs to try to recreate competition.

Lol this is so wayyy over your head dude. You're contradicting yourself by saying that NXT should remain developmental no matter how popular it is...yet my point is that it's NOT developmental for established stars like Aries, Balor, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, etc. they're already developed! And you then complain that having them all come in at the same time would be bad because there's not enough room....that's my point! Lol. Split the brands so that there is room for them all.

Also, I'll address GSB's post tomorrow...it's longer so it'll take time but there's much to debate there. But for the record, a brand split worked very well for many years...they stopped because of the extreme lack of talent a few years back at the very end. That's why everyone wanted to stop the split and unite the titles. Nowadays, WWE faces the exact same predicament it did back in 2002 when it had an influx of top talent. Terrible way to ignore that fact.

Way over my head? You blatantly don't have a single clue what you are talking about. It is developmental, because they may be established stars in their indie promotions and TNA, but the WWE has a way of doing things and sometimes those guys need to test the waters around NXT first. I didn't say their wasn't any room, I said the product would be diluted. I meant too many debuts gives away all WWE's big pops and hype at the same time instead of gradually introducing them for maximum intrigue and maybe the correct creative storyline? You debut several people at once and push them all at once....one prevails, the rest fall into obscurity and have to build themselves back up again.
The brand split? Two champions...claiming to be the top of their game and the best CHAMPIONS means that the legitimacy of the titles is halved.

The way it is, and the way it should always remain, is that NXT is the underling of the WWE brand...if the WWE has a spot available for an NXT star, that star goes. Even if there were great creative plans within NXT for that guy...he's gone, no questions asked. It is DEVELOPMENTAL! Terrible that you ignore these FACTS.

Way over my head? You blatantly don't have a single clue what you are talking about. It is developmental, because they may be established stars in their indie promotions and TNA, but the WWE has a way of doing things and sometimes those guys need to test the waters around NXT first. I didn't say their wasn't any room, I said the product would be diluted. I meant too many debuts gives away all WWE's big pops and hype at the same time instead of gradually introducing them for maximum intrigue and maybe the correct creative storyline? You debut several people at once and push them all at once....one prevails, the rest fall into obscurity and have to build themselves back up again.
The brand split? Two champions...claiming to be the top of their game and the best CHAMPIONS means that the legitimacy of the titles is halved.

The way it is, and the way it should always remain, is that NXT is the underling of the WWE brand...if the WWE has a spot available for an NXT star, that star goes. Even if there were great creative plans within NXT for that guy...he's gone, no questions asked. It is DEVELOPMENTAL! Terrible that you ignore these FACTS.

It's pretty apparent you don't know what you're talking about. I am very happy that you don't run this organization with your contradictory statements and your inability to understand how to manage talent. But you keep ignoring specifics I bring up, like if it's developmental for TNA and indie guys, why was AJ brought in immediately? How come craploads of other talent have been brought in before NXT was even around? So many holes in your "facts" it's laughable. I'm finished with this thread lol. Some liked it, some in the middle, and some very against it. Just about what I expected. Don't have enough time to respond to GSB's post though...will take too long. Sorry bout that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back