Brand Split Rosters

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
A brand split may be coming sooner rather than later, whether you like it or not. The sheer size of the current active roster + injuries + NxT guys...the roster will be huge by the next year. So that leaves me to ask, how would you split the brands to make both shows equally important and must see?

RAW:
GM - HHH/Stephanie
TALENTS - Roman, Seth, Rusev, Sheamus, Randy, Sami, Neville, Apollo Crews, Dolph

SMACKDOWN:
GM - Shane (replaced by a guy who will retire soon)
TALENTS - John Cena, Ambrose, Cesaro, Del Rio, Owens, Corbin, Kalisto, Big Show, Kane

Eventually NXT calls ups go one to raw and one to sd unless a story calls for them to be on a specific show.

The women and tag teams can be on both show to give them max showcase time.

The draft could happen every November or December so that things get fresh around the start to the Road To Wrestlemania.

While I don't think a splits gonna be coming anytime soon I'll play along because I actually do want one. RAW holds the higher amount of top stars and "Vince" guys but Smackdown would have more in-ring talent overall being as its always been a more wrestling oriented show.

I would have it the RAW after Payback, settle the Mania feuds and start with a clean slate heading into May. Include several NXT stars who are ready for the callup, maybe do the NXT assignments on the Smackdown after as an incentive to get eyes on Smackdown.

RAW (Managed by Steph and Shane) - Cena, Orton, Reigns, Baron Corbin, Sheamus, Rusev, Apollo Crews, Miz, Samoa Joe, the entire Wyatt family

Smackdown (Regal gets promoted to GM) - Rollins, Cesaro, Owens, Zayn, Ambrose, Del Rio, Nakamura, Austin Aries, the entire Bullet Club

And in case you were curious, since this is my own personal creation, I'd have HHH take over as NXT GM, but not on screen except for Takeover specials.

I definitely think a Brand Split is coming based on Vince's comments earlier. Smackdown NEEDS to be treated as an equal. The Best way for that to happen is to have John Cena be the "CAPTAIN" of that show. This way non-wrestling personalities will take interest and Cena is the perfect ambassador to get Smackdown back on par w/Raw. They should keep 1 World title though and have the champ on both shows. Also the MITB winner should not only have a guaranteed contract for a World Title match, but also free "reign" to be appear whenever they want. I also say put the IC title on Raw and the US title on Smackdown. Have the Women's Champ & Tagchamps on both shows. Put the Cruiserweight tournament on Smackdown.

I was a huge fan of Smackdown during the brand split, but I don't want the brand split back. Smackdown will never be what it was early 2000s. And who ever gets moved to Smackdown will always get treated as inferior to their counterparts on Raw.

What I would like to see wwe do is start to alternate the wrestlers out each week.
Something like:

Week 1: Group A
- Sasha vs Emma/Brooke - womens division
- New Day vs Vaudvillians - tag division
- Miz vs Crews - I.C championship
- The Club vs The Wyatts
- Sheamus vs Luke Harper
- Jericho vs Zayn
- Robert Roode/wTriple H vs Seth Rollins

Week 2: Group B
- Paige vs Becky(or Charlotte) - womens division
- Enzo&Cass vs The Usos - tag division
- Rusev vs Cesaro - U.S championship
- Orton vs Owens
- Del Rio vs Ambrose
- Cena vs Samoa Joe
- Reigns vs Seth Rollins

Just a rough idea of what I think wwe could do with all of the talent on the roster at the moment. Even if wwe was set on making Smackdown more watchable they could stretch some of the feuds that week to Smackdown, add in a few guys that I miss like Ziggler, Neville, Breeze(wouldn't want to deplete NXT's roster, but you can even add some of them like Balor, Aries, Revival, American Apha, Asuka, etc) and I think it would be fine.

Week 1 they could have Roode/Rollins main event on Raw, and The Club and Wyatts main event Smackdown that week. Then week 3 comes around they can have The Wyatts/The Club main event Raw and Rollins/Roode main event Smackdown. The same can be done with group B and weeks 2 and 4. If the PPVs were further apart I could even see a group C being created, but that would probably be a stretch with Raw being 3 hours and trying to have draw power for Smackdown.

Raw - John Cena, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, The Club, The New Day, Sami Zayn, Rusev, Sheamus.

Smackdown - Dean Ambrose, Alberto Del Rio, Cesaro, The Miz, Kane, The Wyatt Family, The Dudley's, Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler, Enzo & Cass.

I hope there is no brand split.

I don't want a brand split.

I don't think WWE needs a brand split.

If they do a split I think it will be to split up the older guys and new guys into 2 shows and they can have HHH/Shane feud to see which one gets raw with Rollins wrestling for Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back