Brad Maddox holding an AMA on Reddit!

If a guy got a concussion and continued to flail himself dangerously into every part of the ring in every match like Ziggler does I probably wouldn't put too much long term stock into physical health either.

Severity of concussions plays into it.

I don't know how bad Randy's was in 2011 but one of the ones that Ziggler had he admitted not remembering the rest of the match and didn't fully come to until the next day. He also stated that he had severe headaches that he thought were never going to go away.

Given that Ziggler has had more than one he himself stated that for his one in 2014 he stayed out longer even after he was cleared because he wanted to give it a little more time.

He had one in 2013.

A couple years ago NHL player Sidney Crosby had a really bad concussion and suffered from post concussion syndrome so he stayed out for a long time. Quite a bit longer than most NHL players do.

Randy may have had a concussion but it could have been a minor one, which is why they have testing in place. Same as the NHL and same as the NFL.

Again Corey Graves had a couple and that's why he's a commentator and pre-show host now.

Ex NFL players didn't sue the league over MCLs, ACLs and neck injuries now did they? They sued over post concussion syndrome related incidents.

Orton is quite a bit more popular than Ziggler. So while he definitely is a liability, the WWE would be more willing to take a chance on him.

Here's your google results for "long term effects of concussions".

https://www.google.com/webhp?q=long+term+effects+of+concussions

That having ended the discussion, beyond the odd poster saying "my favorite wrestler's had like two dozen and he hasn't murdered his wife yet", let's move on to a more entertaining discussion. If there was no risk of permanent injury, would you rather be kicked full force in the balls or the liver?

In a real world discussion where permanent injury is a factor, obviously you pick liver; it's going to hurt like hell, but it's significantly more protected and far less grape-like. But if your balls are made of figurative brass, where it hurts but it's not going to rupture? You've got the longer, deeper ache of the ball kick to go against the sharper, wind-sucking ache of the liver kick.

Personally I think I go balls in that situation, but there's a lot to consider.

Dont worry about the long term effects of concussion, going back in with a concussion and receiving another one has something like a 1 in 2 chance of fatality*

*I cant remember the exact figure, but I remember when we got told it in an injury management class at university that it was high enough to make me shit myself about getting a concussion at just local level sport and having someone unqualified say "you'll be right" as they're sending me back out to play.

Balls or Liver? I guess it would depend on what type of pants I had on at the time I.E Joggers or Jeans.

Obviously Jeans provide more protection that the Joggers so if it was them then definitely balls.

Getting hit in the liver is fucking painful aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back