• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"TNA Sux" - Fixing the Next Big Problem

In relation to the comments about TNA bringing in more people - whether they be males or females - they need to learn how to handle the roster they have, before they bring on new people they have to pay. There are, at any time, about a dozen hired TNA employees that aren't appearing on Impact week after week. It is impossible to sell a brand based on name recognition, when you're constantly bringing in new stars, and then they're not seen for months. Or at all.

For example, everyone from Gut Check that isn't Wes Brisco or Christian York.

What you are basically saying is that Roode, Storm, Daniels, and AJ aren't stars because TNA utilizes Chavo and Mike Knox more? Is there anything correct about that paragraph? And relative to the TNA universe, yes they are all stars. More than a million people watch them on TV every week. THey're starts that people recognize, within their demo and medium.

No, TNA presents nearly every former WWE wrestler in the main event or upper midcard often at the expense of "TNA Originals" who are consistently undermined by the company they work for. AJ Styles gets to occupy the main event when there's nobody from WWE to do it. Samoa Joe gets less focus and development on TV than Garrett Bischoff does. Daniels hasn't held the TNA World Championship yet and Mister Anderson has held it twice. Jeff Hardy THREW AWAY a PPV main event on live TV and has had better opportunities in the company than James Storm. Come on, TNA doesn't believe their own hype, why should fans?

I don't really get why alot of people feel this way.

It seems to me that the KO's division has remained in pretty decent shape. It has far better footing than either the tag team or x-division's have right now.

With the amount of tv time that TNA has, they have realized that it is really only practical to feature one major wrestling program involving the KO's at a time. With that said, the division has...

First, they have Tessmacher, Velvet, and Madison; all of whom are high-level eye-candy who are good enough in the ring to have respectable matches when being carried by the division's more established workers.

And secondly they have Mickie, ODB, Tara, and Gail; all of whom are pretty good at playing and selling their characters, are established in the company and with the fanbase, and are amongst the top tier of female in-ring competitors in the U.S.

I think seven quality talents who are familiar to your viewers and who can all bring something viable to the table is all that you need for a division that is not in a position to feature more than 2-4 of them at a time anyway.

What good would it do to bring in 6-8 newcomers? There just isn't a spot for them. I'd rather they stick with the 6-8 KO's that they have now.

Devoting resources to bringing in more KO's right now seems like wasted money and wasted energy.
Actually, the Knockouts need new blood more than an anemic. Think about it for a second. Every Knockout on the roster is a former champion already. There is no pairing among them that has not happened on PPV previously for the title. That is unreal, but true at the same time. I pray to God that they bring Taeler Hendrix up from OVW and sign the Blossoms because these girl could have a 5 Star match and it would still be dull because they have all been played to death. Hell, I'd be desperate enough to hope Brooke Hogan starts hitting the ring. Just to get some fresh blood with these girls.

And the tag division certainly doesn't have 6+ quality tag teams that it can feature. And the x-division certainly doesn't have 6+ quality wrestlers that it can boast, unless you start to throw-in former champions who have moved up the card and no longer get used in the division.
There's far less reason to worry about the Tag Teams, especially with Bad Influence running around. The can feud with anyone. And the X Division is also a non-issue. Despite it boasting 3 wrestlers, that title can be strapped on anyone for a small breath of fresh air just like they did when Van Dam won it.

One thing that has always bothered me was the actual name of the company...TNA: Total Nonstop Action...never liked it...in fact, I think they should just go by Impact Wrestling...

No, TNA presents nearly every former WWE wrestler in the main event or upper midcard often at the expense of "TNA Originals" who are consistently undermined by the company they work for. AJ Styles gets to occupy the main event when there's nobody from WWE to do it. Samoa Joe gets less focus and development on TV than Garrett Bischoff does. Daniels hasn't held the TNA World Championship yet and Mister Anderson has held it twice. Jeff Hardy THREW AWAY a PPV main event on live TV and has had better opportunities in the company than James Storm. Come on, TNA doesn't believe their own hype, why should fans?

Three of the last four World Champions aren't "WWE guys" and the other is Jeff Hardy who is the biggest face in the company. Of course he should have better opportunities in the company than James Storm, because Hardy is a much bigger name and much bigger draw than James Storm, it's just common sense.

Since when was Garrett a former WWE wrestler? Joe has wrestled more matches in WWE than Garrett has.

Daniels has been booked to look a whole lot better over the last several months than Anderson has regardless of whether Daniels ever won the title or not.

Really this whole "TNA JUST PUSHES THE OLD WWER GUYS AND DOESNT USE THEIR OWN TALENTS" went out the window a long time ago. Firstly, it was never a good bloody argument to begin with, if a guy is good, you use him, it doesn't matter if he is from TNA or WWE or some backyard wrestling fed in Uzbekistan. Secondly, even if it did matter, it hasn't held up for a long time. Prior to Hardy getting the belt, Storm won the belt (TNA guy, first time title winner), Roode won the belt (TNA guy, first time title winner, goes on to the longest run in company history) and Aries won the belt (ROH guy, first time title winner).

WWE wrestlers who are in the main event or "upper midcard" at the moment.

Hardy
Bully Ray

that's it. Bully has been around TNA more than long enough at this point to have "paid his dues" to get to the top of the card. Jeff is the biggest name in the company.

They had their talent bump around in a wacky six-sided ring that fans bitched about going away like a toddler who's being weaned off a pacifier.

You mean like Hogan stomped into the ring and threw his toys out of the pram saying "I don't like this, it's different to what I know, I'm old and scared of things that are different."?

Can we just admit as fans that the shape of a wrestling ring has FUCK ALL to do with the quality of the product?...Wrestling ring shapes aside, nobody gives a fuck about the ring either way.

Go back and watch the beginning of the Hogan era. All the guys Hogan bought in, RVD, Val Venis, Orlando Jordan... Several others, wrestlesd like absolute shit because they couldn't cope with the 6 sided ring. Since then, any Ultimate X match or Lethal Lockdown match has suffered because there's no room for the wrestlers to operate. AJ's springboard clothesline looks AWFUL now... PURELY because of the change in the ring.

Everyone is the same on the mic......they're all yelling and grunting, they don't have individual personalities. Look at WWE, they have a genius in Sandow, an Irishman in Sheamus, an Hispanic in Del Rio, and an evil demon in Kane......just to name a few. In TNA, all they have are angry men.

What you're doing there is confusing how a character looks with having a personality. Seamus is Irish and... Well... Irish. He's ginger and likes fighting... That's not a personality or character

Second, I think the market for pro-wrestling is on the decline. There may be any number of reasons for that, but I think it's got a lot more to do with frustration with the product and less to do with the rise of UFC than people might think.

Agreed.

TNA has an odd obsession with repetition... A&8's are the 7th or 8th NWO style faction come to take over... That's ignoring the ECW invasion angle that was changed last minute. Does anyone remember about 3 years back when they had 3 seperate tag matches within a year wheree they did the 2 refs double pin angle? I dunno how many of you get to see Xplosion, but for about 6 months Xplosion would show a match and then on the next Impact would be the SAME match... Not just the same wrestlers... The same spots, same moves, same order... I'm not used to seeing that kinda lazy wrestling outside Jeff Hardy.

Recently I've watched a couple of WWE PPV's (First time in aout 10 years) and I think here is an area TNA do well in. The PPV's usually feel 'big'. You see a few things you don't get on the weekly show, and the matches are usually pretty good. As far as WWE EC and RR were (Aside from the EC and RR matches themselves) REALLY poor. TV quality matches and finishes all the way.

In relation to the comments about TNA bringing in more people - whether they be males or females - they need to learn how to handle the roster they have, before they bring on new people they have to pay. There are, at any time, about a dozen hired TNA employees that aren't appearing on Impact week after week. It is impossible to sell a brand based on name recognition, when you're constantly bringing in new stars, and then they're not seen for months. Or at all.

For example, everyone from Gut Check that isn't Wes Brisco or Christian York.

Well that's absolutely right. TNA has some of the most unique and amazing talent that the professional wrestling has right now. But the sad part of it is that they have just no idea how to use them. They failed to utilize the hot main-event runs of Storm and Anderson. Moreover they almost have ruined the x-division right now. There's barely 5 wrestlers in the division. Its a heart-break for plenty of old TNA followers who have witnessed the amazing daredevil action of this division. I feel that what lacks in TNA is the that "Holy-Shit" feeling. People will get interested when they see something new, something unpredictable. That feeling is lacking from TNA right now. I do enjoy the product, but I cant say that its awesome. Because I have witnessed far better product of TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back