TNA Homegrown Talent...

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
There is alot of talk as to what problems TNA are having and one of them is that they don't have much homegrown talent..

Current TNA stars that have been apart of WWE are:
Brooke, Bully Ray, Christy, D'Angelo, Devon, Gail, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Kid Kash, Kurt Angle, Mickie, Anderson, Flair, RVD, Tara, Taz & Winter.

Now, that may not seem alot but they are sure at the top of TNA and are shown on TV every week.

The problem is.. is that we have seen these stars in WWE before and we want to see some new talent being made famous in TNA, not from WWE (Well, in my opinion anyway)

So my question is.. Do you think TNA need to stop signing Ex-WWE talent and produce their own stars?

God, for the 100,000th time NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! :takes long breath: NO!

Talent is talent, regardless of where it comes from. Does growing "homegrown" stars help? Yes, of course, but that's not a winning formula in any facet, same as doing nothing but signing ex-whoever talents isn't either — just like in sports, the right BALANCE of the two is key, and TNA has a perfectly adequate balance.

Who's World Heavyweight Champion right now? Bobby Roode — a "TNA Original".

Who's World Tag Team Champions right now? Kaz and Daniels — two guys who are WELL KNOWN for their time in TNA.

Who is Knockouts Champion right now? Gail Kim — another performer known much more for her time in TNA than anywhere else.

The list (AJ Styles, Gunner, Aries, Abyss, James Storm, etc.) goes on and on.

I still have yet to figure out where this "homegrown" nonsense started, but one thing I know for certain right now is that it is in fact nonsense.

James Storm, AJ Styles, Abyss, Matt Morgan, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, BOBBY FRIKIN ROODE, Samoa Joe, EY, Austin Ares, MCMG........Winter was a valet in WWE and didn't do anything, Bully Ray was made in ECW, same as Taz, Devon, Kid Kash (who had a great run in TNA earlier in life). Flair had his run in WCW and NWA well before WWE.

"Samoa Joe, AJ and A^Double were made in ROH".............same as 2 hottest in WWE right now.

Not to mention, TNA really helped push Christian as a SINGLES main even star.

problem with homegrown talent is that they need to be talented. having worked in the arts community in saskatchewan, I heard a lot about supporting local talent and artists and they always hated it when i said you support who you like and who has the talent. you don't support someone just because of where they are from. take this as an example - you have eric young and rvd and you want to put a belt on them. who do you choose? when EY held the TV title, it was a joke. Devon has it now and at least TNA is pushing it. and in the end, they are not homegrown talent. AJ Styles didn't spend his entire career in TNA - he worked other places first and that built his skills. same with a lot of guys. yes, you need to develop talent and not just bring in established talent from other places but in the end, talent is talent regardless of where they come from.

Again with this topic? Ok, once again you have Bobby Roode as the world champ, and the previous champ was James Storm. Austin Aries, X division champ, not to mention Kaz and Daniels as tag champs, while the previous champs were Joe and Magnus. Now the ex-WWE talent like the Dudleys and Kurt Angle bring in some viewership, which helps TNA, yet as of late this "homegrown talent" has been the focal point for a little while. You have to give TNA some credit where it is due.

I see where you're coming from, but you can't really pull the "homegrown" talent card.

Think this way, back in the 90s, you had three major companies in the US: WWF, WCW, and ECW. They all had guys going from company to company. Some people have been to all three, and turned out better in one than in another. Let's take Eddie Guerrero for example. He was at ECW. Then, he went to over to WCW, and was treated like crap. He then went to WWE to become US, Intercontinental, Tag Team, and WWE champions, respectively. You don't have to be a home grown talent to be succesful in a company. I'd also like to add that before he died, he was set to win the World's Heavyweight championship. There are several other examples:

Rey Mysterio, Benoit, Jericho, Big Show, etc.

It all depends on the booking. You can take the scraps left over from another company and make him "the man", or you can take one of the biggest stars in a company, bring him to your company, and do absolutely nothing with him. (ala Bret Hart to WCW)

rep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back