Blink 182's new song

El Rev sXe

If you have ghosts...
[YOUTUBE]72BE-j1iNcw[/YOUTUBE]​

"Up all night" is the name of this new song. I'm not going to lie here, I don't have big expectations for the new record, but this song show musical maturity...for Blink. I still think it's a pretty mediocre act but this song shows that these three individuals have grown.

Musically this song is weird for being Blink, but I guess in a good way. The intro is unnecessary and the whole songs feels like a demo for AVA.

I'm really intrigued by this song and I'm not even sure if it's in a good way.

Anyway what do you guys think? Are you looking forward for their new album?

I played this for JGlass and Shadow last night on Synchtube and I've listened to it a few times since then. I like it, good song. It's not a great song by any means, but it's certainly enjoyable and it's alot heavier than you'd expect from Blink. I like it though because it shows that they're still evolving and this is likely where they were headed before they broke up. I hear a LOT of Angels & Airwaves influence in the song though and I'm a much bigger fan of Mark's songwriting as opposed to Tom's, so hopefully we get to hear some of Mark's songs from the album soon.

I enjoyed it. A bit redundant of some of Tom's Angels & Airwaves work, but still enjoyable. I hope the rest of the album is better though.

I'm really not sure what to make of this song. On the one hand, it's very intriguing to hear Blink going to this sound on the other hand, it's really not all that great in my opinion.

I don't like when bands change their style just for the sake of changing. If they are evolving their own style with the times and with their age, fine. If they're doing it just as a "refreshing change of pace" then they really shouldn't.

The fact that they chose this song as the first single is interesting. Is this what the whole album will be like?

I've never been a fan of Blink 182, well maybe during the "All the Small Things"/"What's My Age Again" period but I was still at the "listen to what's popular" stage of my musical evolution. The beginning and end of the song are my favorite parts and it's no coincidence that they are the heavier parts of the song with NO singing. Not a fan of either guy's voice. I will agree with the general sentiment that they have evolved and come a long way from being the snotty three chord band they once were. If I could get into the singer's voice I would even consider giving this album a full listen through.

Ew. Yeah nothing about this song appeals to me. Not a fan of most of the songs Tom sings. He always just comes off a bit too whiny and shit for my liking. Mark is the reason I got into Blink back in the day and he remains the only vocalist of the group I can tolerate.

I'm not a fan of the whole Pop/Punk genre as a whole to begin with so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I couldn't care less about this album.

The original link was down, I did a search and found another version on google. I have to admit, I grew up on Blink and dig this song. It sounds a little more like the side band "Angels and Airwaves" over classic Blink, but I enjoy it. I'm glad to see the guys back together.

I don't really like it. I mean, I like Blink, and I'm usually fine with Tom's voice (though I prefer Mark's way more), but this sounds way too much like Angels and Airways for my liking. Hopefully the whole album isn't like this, or I'll be disappointed. I've been looking forward to it since they announced their reformation. I expect more classic blink-style-pop-punk from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back