Bischoff/McMahon

Jerry

Pre-Show Stalwart
That segment tonight on Raw was VERY interesting...and being that I read tonight that Eric Bischoff said he is under WWE contract until middle of next summer...what do you guys think McMahon said when he told Eric "The past is the past...you do something for me...and I'll do something for you" and then made a remark about controversy creating cash...

OK, immediately I thought NWO. I believe they are completely teasing the WWE audience, well the smarks at least. Bischoff g etting involved with DX, what else are we going to immediately think? That is 100% not what is going to happen though, at least I would put money on it. This confirmed to me that the WWE is aware of the internet wrestling community however, because why else would the but Eric so close to DX when he has been gone for so long.

Don't read too much into it. It was just a "if you give Orton a steel chair and help him win, i'll help you promote your book" kinda thing. I don't think it's much more then that. A month or two ago, I would have sworn we'd see the nWo but I really don't believe that's going to happen. Like I said, don't read too much into it.

Theres no way they would just put the nWo name on E&O, I promise that. But I can see Eric managing them for a while to bring attention to his book.

^^And I wasn't reading into it as nWo happening, I was saying that I think the WWE is teasing all the people who have spunked all over themselves over rumors about DX vs. nWo. Teasing doesn't mean its going to happen, theyre just trying to start rumors to spark interest.

Well I could see a new nWo reforming...Orton, Edge, Umaga, maybe throw in a Shelton Benjamin or a Johnny Nitro...they could so so much with this whole thing but refuse to do it...which pisses me off...some parts of Raw get me scratching my head and are just downright embarassing...I wish for the rest of the year, they'd open their eyes and give the fans something to get excited about...

I know that the nWo probably was the first thot everyone had, but it doesnt definatly mean that. It could be a variety of things. What I believe it is, is Bishoff screwing DX in every way shape or form, just like he did tonight with Triple H by handing Orton the chair.. It could well indeed be a teaser in the WWE.. But I really wouldnt be shocked if ot wasnt.

The "nWo" isnt the same without hall,nash and hogan. It would be stupid to make hogan a heel again. So i dont see that happening. I heard hall is fat and out of shape and nash just re signed with tna. So i hope they dont bring back anything about the "nWo".

if they did do a nwo vs dx thing why not throw in edge and orton cause there hated as hell already gotta love them heels and lita bein the ****e she is would sweetin the deal

xDJx said:
if they did do a nwo vs dx thing why not throw in edge and orton cause there hated as hell already gotta love them heels and lita bein the ****e she is would sweetin the deal
why make another "new nWo". They've killed that already. If they wanna start a new faction thats fine. But enough of the nwo already. Let it die.

alrighty i can agree with that hogan is doin his own thing with his daughter and promoting her cd while the other 1 is in tna whats a good name for a new faction though i kinda miss evolution just that flair shoudnt of been in it

If people think that NWO is gonna happen and saw that show, they gonna keep tuning in and tuning in to see whats gona happen, i think they are kinda jus teasing the fans, even tho chances are it wont happen, but i can see the WWE runnin outta things to do and eventually having Bischoff start a whole new nWo..it cant be as bad as the spirit squad, and i would mine seeing it anyway...we'll see..

i think they are forming a new nWo. because other than promoting the book, why in the hell would bischoff be there? huh? no reason other than nWo. i believe it may happen, because if it comes down to it, its a new nWo. hence New World Order. as long as bischoff is still living and breathing and walking around the backstages of wwe shows, the nWo faction will always live. the day it dies is the day bischoff dies. and as ive seen, many many fans in the crowd hold up nWo signs and have lately since he was backstage that one night. come on, the whole DX thing, when word leaked to the fans, they started doing more of the same, i believe its gonna happen. and im sticking with it til i dont see the nWo.

I have'nt got a clue, but I deffonatley think they are teasing something. I'm just glad Bischoff is back on T.V. I can see him managing a heel Eugene.

Markus D Tandy said:
Nwo Back 4 Shure Now Or Wot
some are saying no, some are saying its a tease and some are saying yes. i believe it may happen, there has to be a bigger reason for bischoff to be there than to promote his damn book.

no there doesnt, its happened on numerous occasions in the past... a wrestler would come back for a month or so, do nothing, and just hype the new book or dvd...
bischoff is most likely there just to promote and help vince for a month or so then peace out... u guys needa stop lookin for stuff that isnt there

jawn87 said:
im so happy that bischoff is back.
[
markus d tandy said:
Nwo Back 4 Shure Now Or Wot

Warning for spamming...

Austin007 said:
I'm warning you for the last time dont spam

Are you trying to be funny? If not, dont do that again or it will count as a warning for you as well :)

Eric will come in to get rid of DX. That doesnt mean he will bring in the nwo. But I do see Vince bring Eric in some time soon. I have been saying for awile but that not whats going to happen, but as far as I know none of the original nwo as agreed to it yet. You can for get about hogan. Hogan is done.

but anything could happen

texfan200 said:
Eric will come in to get rid of DX. That doesnt mean he will bring in the nwo. But I do see Vince bring Eric in some time soon. I have been saying for awile but that not whats going to happen, but as far as I know none of the original nwo as agreed to it yet. You can for get about hogan. Hogan is done.

but anything could happen

Umm did you not see summerslam Hogan will never be done not until he dies his ego and selfish is as big as John cenas there both only wrestler for themself and to make themself look good.

Thuglife13 said:
why make another "new nWo". They've killed that already. If they wanna start a new faction thats fine. But enough of the nwo already. Let it die.
couldn't have said it better myself the only way you we'll see nWo vs. Dx is if a nWo original comes back other than that it's just DX vs some guys

Acutally, you never know. It's DX vs Orton and Edge for Cyber Sunday, but will IMEDIATELY need a new storyline for Survivor Series but the thing is, who else is next? DX take the win at Cyber Sunday, then Bischoff brings in his own team that he beleives could take on DX?????

There are a lot of posts on here that I could "quote" but I won't, and instead I will just say what I have to say. I was really into wrestling when the NWO first came about in 96, and what made it so cool was that it was two huge superstars coming over from the other bigger more popular ogranization and acting as if they were there to destroy WCW's show. Many people still thought for a while that Hall and Nash were working for the WWF and that we were seeing a cross promotional type of show that had never been done before. This is why it was so compelling. Unfortunately, Eric Bischoff and the other creative wizards in WCW ran that angle into the ground by letting everyone into it and keeping it going for like 5 years with 10 different leaders and 40 different members. It was a great angle that was highly overdone and saw some rejuvenation when the wolf pac came about but then when Hogan and Nash had that infamous finger poke match where Nash dropped the strap to Hogan it infuriated many fans and people really started getting sick of that crap. NWO could never be done again to the level it was originally done.

Just as we are seeing with this terrible new version of DX. Unfortunately in that scenario, however, you have a born again christian who wasn't so with the original version, therefore DX can't be raunchy enough to recapture its originality. You are also missing other key characters such as Chyna, X-Pac, and The New Age Outlaws. I am tired of the DX angle and believe that the only reason they are still doing it is because merchandise sales are probably up. However, I also probably stand in the minority of people who are sick of it.

But my main point is, the biggest reason that you can't recapture the magic of the NWO is for two reasons, number 1) there is no other promotion right now that is drawing even close to a 2.5 rating with a show similar to raw. TNA just isn't there yet, and as I stated in the first paragraph what made the angle so special was the "hostile takeover" that everyone believed was actually happening. Number 2) The WWE already brought in Hogan, Hall, Nash, and X-Pac in 2002 or 2003 I believe and to say the least it was a bust. Some say bring them back to fued with DX? I think it would be a waste of time because it would just be a ressurection of the failure that already occured when WWE tried to bring back the NWO in 2002-2003 and it goes back to the fact that there is no one in their right mind that would beilieve that a hostile takeover was occurring. But who knows the shirts would sell again like hotcakes so maybe you do, maybe you don't, but as a fan of that time period I wouldn't watch because it would totally suck compared to what I enjoyed 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back