Bischoff Foresees the Future, Matt Hardy the New Hall?

PagingMr.ass

Occasional Pre-Show
Now I'll be the first to say that Eric Bischoff is one of the worst guys to spearhead a company in the last twenty years, however he did get one thing right concerning Matt Hardy. Back in 06 or 07 I read a an article about a back and forth "battle of words" between a then unemployed Eric Bischoff and Matt Hardy, who at the time seemed to many was on the path of being a future Headliner. Matt Hardy and one or two other mid carders had just made the local news in some small costal town in florida for being thrown out of a bar for being drunk and disruptive. It went largely unnoticed to most, however it did catch the ear of Eric Bischoff who decided to chime in with his own two cents. After being asked about the incident in an interview, Eric Bischoff was very critical on Matt Hardy and began comparing him to Scott Hall. He basically was saying that this young man who seems to being rising in the ranks is actually going the way of Razor. He said these young guys go out and party every night and don't realize that one day they will be broke, unemployed and to old to revamp there career. Bischoff was trying to tell the interviewer that he sees a lot of Hall in Matt and his career will most likely have a similar legacy. Of course Matt Hardy was very quick to come to his own defense like he always is and bashed Bischoff for commenting when he doesn't know the whole story. He also went on to mention all the money he has from outside ventures that will keep him afloat long after he hangs up his boots, all very similar to the statements he's making about the latest incident.

Now as I said before, at the time Bischoff had finished his run with WWE and was currently unemployed and Matt looked to most to be poised as being a future Marque name in the WWE so naturally the long list of reader comments came to the defense of Hardy calling Bischoff a bitter old man thats just upset that he's not in the biz anymore and that Matts always been the "level headed" brother. However in the years that follow, Hardy becomes a bloated shell of himself which by now is safe to say was do to heavy drinking and has never reached the massive potential that was literally right in front of his face. So was Bischoff right all those years ago when he saw Scott Hall in the face of Matt hardy? Will Matt go down as a mid-carder who's personal demons kept him from getting to the top even though it was hanging right within his reach? Or is Matt Hardy still young enough to bounce back and get that World Title that eluded Razor his whole career.

I don't know, man. Honestly, I am going to have to side with Bischoff on this one. Matt has never really seemed able to get to that next level, physically-speaking, or popularity wise. Sorrry for the bad grammar with the phrasing of that last sentence. To answer your question, yes, Matt is young enough to bounce back and get the world title that Razor Ramon/Scott Hall never could...the world title for some half-ass indy organization, that is. Will he ever capture the WWE title? Hell no. Will he capture the TNA/IW title? More than likely not. After reading the news article that was posted twenty minutes ago about Matt being rushed to the ER after 'falling in his home,' I am a bit worried about him. The family says that he is expected to be released tomorrow. I don't buy it.

I think he is too ignorant to realise he needs help. This could be a backlash of the car accident, but what caused the accident to begin with. He took ''a few weeks off'' with Impact Wrestling that led to two months? This and the whole tazering incident and the CM Punk shoot where he seemed out of it all adds up into something that looks worse than first imagined.

Of course his brother Jeff is of no use at this time, with his recent problems also. I can't see him ever coming back unless he agrees help/rehab first. I don't think he's a big enough star to win a world title (not including the ECW title reign) and I think that because of Jeff also being in a bad place, companies will see them as ''The Hardys'' in terms of their problems, not just as Matt or Jeff which equals LIABILITY.

Matt Hardy is the next Scott Hall if you take away all the talent, look, charisma, skill, and mind for the business. You could say that Matt is squandering his career just like Scott did, but he'd have to have a career worth squandering to be really compared to Scott.

I don't know man. I see a lot of people quick to make assumptions but there is no proof that Matt Hardy has a drug problem to begin with. He could be in a bad spot maybe it's a serious health issue, maybe it is drugs or maybe Matt is just a few fries short of a happy meal. But don't you think we should save these judgements until we see some concrete proof that he does have a drug problem?

As for the Scott Hall comparison. Scott Hall was part of the largest angle in wrestling. That made him more than just Razor Ramon, Scott had the look and the mic skills. So was Scott better than Matt? Sometimes. Matt def was a better tag wrestler and put on some better and more memorable matches. Just Scott was always rubbing elbows with the Main Eventers it made him look like one too. Though he never really got over that mid card hump himself.

This guy needs help... that much is clear, but help to do what? To me its get out of wrestling and away from Jeff...

I always got the impression he needed help to get away from Jeff and his ways... it always seemed Jeff was the loose cannon and Matt had the "business head"... Since Jeff's problems became "beyond help" it almost seems that Matt had just blindly followed.. but in many ways Matt has had a rough trip... being the "big brother" to a wayward sibling takes its toll, on top of being fighting the same demons...

What it really needed was guys like Triple H to have taken him under their wing after the Edge stuff... rather than Vince firing him and pushing the guy that wronged him... then his bro ahead of him... Vince deserves a lot of heat for that... its a case of one decision costing someone far more than a career boost...

its heartbreaking to see Matt this way cos the guy does have so much talent, far more than Scott Hall did and he had it from a young age... but its a matter of time till he either implodes completely or does the trademark religious conversion...

I for think Hardy is too old to revamp his career. He's turning 37 soon, but wrestles more like a 47 year old. The reason is he is very slow in the ring, due to injuries he has sustained over the years. Hardy is also overweight which dosen't help and you don't gain weight from living a healthy life style so maybe Bischoff was right about that.

The thing is even if Hardy had a injury free career and lived a healthy lifestyle he still won't be a World Champion because the guy has mid carder written all over him. The guy couldn't draw flys if he was covered in shit. Unless if he was in a fued against his brother, that is the only exception.

Even a blind man can see that Matt Hardy needs help,but to REALLY accept help you first need to accept you have a problem.Unfortunately,I don't think Matt Hardy has come to the end of himself yet.I hope the realisation comes before he hurts himself(or indeed others)too badly.

ahhh first jeff and now matt!! Damn they both need help its so sad to see this!! Matt will never be a main event caliber player in any huge organization!! Its sad to see i think he could have been a main event player had he left jeff hardy along time ago!! I know its his brother and all but sometimes You gotta sever ties with family for the benefit of both!! Now it seems like jeff is dragging matt into his world and matt doesnt seem to know how go get out. First his arrest last night and now his accident at his home!! Was it exhaustion that caused his fall?? Drugs?? Both? I dont wanna speculate but im afraid if this keeps up were gonna read one day the Wrestling Universe has lost Matt or Jeff Hardy or both!! Wake up guys please wake up

Scott Hall was by accounts of those around him was a brilliant wrestling mind with a future as a talent head after he hung up his trunks. Problem is that Scott Hall has demons the likes of which should never exist according to those close to him. Matt Hardy I don't think has the same types of demons Scott Hall has but I am pretty positive that Matt likes his booze. Maybe not drugs but booze absolutely.

I think Jeff's problem is that he started taking that stuff for pain and got hooked, from there it just got worse. Maybe Matt got brought in to do it with him, I dont know, but Matt has a drinking problem at the least. Jeff is just an addict. Matt's career may be over, but he is the smarter Hardy so he may wisen up at some point while Jeff is just a waste of halfway decent talent.

I don't know man. I see a lot of people quick to make assumptions but there is no proof that Matt Hardy has a drug problem to begin with. He could be in a bad spot maybe it's a serious health issue, maybe it is drugs or maybe Matt is just a few fries short of a happy meal. But don't you think we should save these judgements until we see some concrete proof that he does have a drug problem?
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swallows pills like a duck, it's likely a duck. What are you looking for, people to find Matt Hardy passed out in his home with heroin works strapped to his arm?

I used to be a fan of both of the Hardys, but lately it's just gone from they're in a slump to this is just sad. I'm not here to pass judgement on anybody but Matt really screwed the pooch on this one. He burned his bridge with WWE by intentionally trying to get himself fired. Now he's been let go by TNA. So what are his options? ROH? Doubtful. Japan? Possible, but I'd speculate he'll be found in his hotel room within 6 months. It's sad to think that way too, while I don't see him as ever being a main event player, he had a pretty comfortable existence in the mid-card. Ah well, I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not holding my breath. If I did I'd probably end up passing out and falling down a flight of stairs.

Matt is right that we don't know the whole story to his recent issues. That being said these instances of wrong place, wrong time are starting to become more frequent. The difference is that people with their head screwed on straight don't continuously find themselves in these situations in the first place. The first thing Matt needs to do is try to identify these potential hazards in the first place. Easier said than done. I personally believe that Matt needs to understand that he needs help. It is a shame his brother may not be the one to help him with this either.

The biggest problem happened for him when he couldn't get back to wrestling shape after he got ill and had to get surgery. It's a struggle for him to get back in shape and get in shape and turns to other things for comfort and attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back