• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest MSG return

dionlyone18

Pre-Show Stalwart
So let me paint the picture...Madison Square Garden..New York...The bright lights.the crowd is amped for the show. feeling in the arena is breathtaking.
Now that i got that picture in your mind..i wana kow who do you think had the biggest reaction and best return to MSG?
here are the candidates:first off you have the 13 time world champ,the Cerebral Assassin the game that damn good Trips AKA Jan. 2002

Next up you have the champ (former) the doctor if thuganmics,the chaingang solder,the C-nation leader 9 time WWE champ John Cena Royal Rumble 2008
Personally i like HHH just a little bit more. his reaction in my eyes was huge and he looked like he was on cloud nine

with John Cena his reaction was huge but i still heard a little boos..its not his fault New York fans hate him to death.i believe if it was anywhere else he wouldve gotten that huge ovation hhh got...once again its just what i think so tell me what do you think Trips or Cena..explain why if you were there give me the feeling you felt when you heard that entrance music.
an if someone already made this im sorry

I tried putting the videos of each one up but it wouldnt work so im sorry again..use your imagination

Triple H hands down if these are the two we get to work with. If I remember correctly, Cena was a suprise (somewhat), whereas HHH was featured in multiplt vignettesthat led up to that night. Furthermore, the vignettes alone secured his first face turn in about 3 years so the crowd went bananas. I remember watching it live on TV, and it was a "beautiful day" for the Cerebral Assasin. haha Again, Cena does not have the full support of the New York market, so it is very difficult to get the full MSG without that said support.

Other MSG pops that were noteworthy:

*The return of The Big Bad Booty Daddy(Survivor Series '02)- squashed Nowitski and Hardy during their "lupid" promo.
*The debut of Tazz(Royal Rumble '00)- they went nuts upon arrival, but when Angle got choked out, it was even bigger.

*The debut of Tazz(Royal Rumble '00)- they went nuts upon arrival, but when Angle got choked out, it was even bigger.

This one immediately sprang to my mind. Other than being in Taz' hometown of NYC, I had heard he was coming to WWE and I didn't even have internet access. That is how big it was. I ordered the PPV for this moment only. I didn't know how he would debut, or if he would even have a match. Lo and behold, when Angle was undefeated and running his mouth, cue Taz' music. You think the crowd went nuts? You should have seen me. lol

Too bad that shortly after that, he literally became Austin's whipping boy. But, that's a different story for a different day.

Oh yeah it's HHH. I have NEVER heard a pop that loud. The place freaking erupted and flat out would not stop cheering. As JR put it: "This is as loud as any sustained roar I have ever heard in Madison Square Garden!" THe main thing about it was that it just didn't stop. The people simply could not get enough of him and it was amazing to see both live and on video later. This was it and there's nothing even close.

HHH hands down...2002..it was just HUGE...the pop he got..no one can get that much frm the NYC crowd...

Tazz...when his music hit and we saw his face on da top screen...Lawler was shokd...and dammit the crowd was really live...he was being cheered non stop through out the match...

I do also like Scott Steiners as well..i knew he was going to swear...first time since who knows when...he returned to the wwe wrestling ring...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back