Better WHC run Sheamus' current title run or Mark Henry's from 2011

Henry's run was more dominant and exciting to me. What could be a better way to start your reign than by beating Orton clean! His run defined every creat of the word Heavyweight champion. He was not a generic heel either, his character was very innovative. The only sad part is the way it ended- by a KO Punch. Sheamus is just another Cena or Orton type top face that attacks the bad guys and helps the good guys.

Henry run was much better. The feud with Orton was great. The Big Show feud was very good too. Henry turned into a great old school monster type heel. Those couple of months when he was dominant was very entertaining.

THe end of Henry reign was awful though. The Daniel Byran/Henry angle could of been much better. Henry should of never lost the title at TLC. I do think this was a once in a career type run for Mark.

I'm not really into Sheamus right now. I dont like his irish folklore promos or the constant talking about how he hates and is not a bully.

He had a good match at Extreme Rules. And I liked the friction with him and Orton. Other than that I haven't really got into anything else he has done.

Well Orton doesn't put over very many people if any so don't blame that on Henry, and Big Show seriously how many people can pull off a good match with him? Speaking of "Shitmus" Henry carried that match and made it exciting when he slammed "Shitmus" through the barricade. I could name so many things, I seriously don't no what you were watching. Cheesy a** Sheamus won you over.

Henry's Reign as World champ was better then any reign in the last 5 years to me. dominant, perfect reign that if it wasn't for injures should have lasted even longer. Ironically, in a perfect world, he would have dropped the belt to Sheamus at the Rumble or even Mania if I was booking.

Mark Henry's reign by far. That was the best title reign in WWE in 2011. It started slow, with him breaking a couple legs, then suddenly you realize he's on a real tear through the roster. When he got the belt off Orton, I marked out a little bit and he was dominant as a champ until his injuries. The spots where a bunch of people jump on top of him and he throws them all off at once are cool if done right. I hope he's still the 'Hall of Pain' monster heel when he comes back.

I like Sheamus, but there is something about his current character that is just not compelling at all. I don't know if it's the repetitive, bland promos he cuts as a face or that his feuds just don't seem have any story behind them at all. They are strictly 'Hey you! Wanna fight? Fight me!' type feuds and I like stories in my rasslin'. It's too bad, because I like his wrestling style and overall character but he just doesn't move the needle for me as a face so far..

I'd put their reigns at about equal. Why? Well, Mark Henry had one hell of a run, but he only feuded with Orton, Big Show, and maybe Daniel Bryan. Sheamus, while having so far a more bland run, has had much better matches and more diversity in his opponents. He has feuded with Orton, Jericho, Bryan, Del Rio, and now Dolph Ziggler. Furthermore, Henry was booked incredibly weakly near the end of his reign, being knocked out by the Big Show nearly every week. On the other hand, Sheamus has looked strong every week. Overall, while Henry was more entertaining, Sheamus has done more as champ. So again, I'd put them equal.

I was a big fan of Mark Henry's run and overall I think it was the better run. he really came into his own with the title, and I was sorry to see it end when it did. He was destroying everyone and I loved the clean win over Orton. Sheamus' run just hasn't done anything for me. his 2 out of 3 falls match with DB was great, but other than that nothing he has done has impressed me. I think it would be cool if Henry came back and was the one to defeat Sheamus for the title, but that is unlikely to happen. For me Henry's run was definitely the better of the 2.

While I prefer Mark Henry to Sheamus because of the little things he does in the ring i.e. talking down to his opponent in the match, I will say that Sheamus has done a good job connecting with the crowd as a face which IMO is a much harder thing to do. Just look at the kid that dressed as Sheamus on one of the recent RAWS he was WAY into it. What Sheamus has got going for him is he looks like a character from a comic book or TV show as in to say if you walked by him on the street you'd notice him. I think with the IWC(myself included) we tend to be drawn more to heels and less to faces but you got to give the devil his due, Sheamus is a success.

Not even a debate surely.
Mark Henry's title reign is the best title reign in recent memory. Then he got injured and they let Big Show beat him........Utter Comedy, he should have been Champ up until Mania.

However Daniel Bryan being WHC was awesome.

Sheamus is over, but he is not entertaining me right now....I love his promo's but they are getting a tad repetative, and his moveset needs changing a little. I am bored of the Brogue kick being un Kickoutable, White noise is a good signature move but not a finished for Sheamus. And that chest beating on the ropes thing just takes too damn long. Im not saying take them out of the moveset....just use them less often.
We dont need another Cena/Orton 5 moves of doom.

Mark Henry FTW

The other thing is Henry was clearly a transitional champion. Smackdown was supposed to be Orton's show, but WWE botched the whole damn thing. Christian has the belt, fans were behind him and then they made him lose the belt to Orton and have him become heel. Why is that a problem ? Orton is more comfortable as a face and imo.......

Sorry I meant to say Orton seems more comfortable as a heel. If Henry hadn't been injured he might have been more than a trasitional champ. The show was getting better ratings during his run, they could have stretched his reign out by having him beat the crap out of lesser guys n a weekly basis or have him a few more tag team matches. Who knows ? Maybe he'll get another shot down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back