Better WarGames spinoff: Lethal Lockdown or Elimination Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Lethal Lockdown
2496178780_32e246d42b.jpg

The match features a multi-man competition in which opponents from each team enter in alternating fashion. Victory can only be gained after everyone has entered the cage. The match has evolved over the years, developing from a three-on-three match (2005) to a four-on-four (2006 & 2009) to a five-on-five (2007–2008). Since 2006, the match also includes a roof to the cage, making it the only match with such a feature in TNA, until TNA introduced The Asylum.

Elimination Chamber
488ef72bimg003.jpg

It features a large chain-linked circular steel structure or "chamber" which encloses the ring. The chamber's floor is platformed over the ringside area which elevates it to ring level and within the chamber are four inner enclosures outside each ring corner. While similar in profile and nature to WWE's original large scale steel-structured match, Hell in a Cell, the Elimination Chamber match is strictly a six participant match wherein two participants begin the bout in the ring as the remaining four are held within each inner enclosure and are released into the match at five minute intervals. The objective is to eliminate each opponent from the match via pinfall or submission. The winner is the last remaining participant after all others have been eliminated. As in the Hell in a Cell match, disqualifications do not apply.​

The Lethal Lockdown match is closer to the concept of the Wargames match than an Elimination Chamber match. I mean, it's basically the same thing except for the fact that it takes place in one cage, weapons are lowered down and you can win by both pinfall and submission as opposed to only submission in a WarGames match.

The Elimination Chamber match is more of a combination of a WarGames match and a Royal Rumble match. I like the EC match more because I feel that the Lethal Lockdown match is limited in some ways. For one, you have to have at least one stable to make this match successful. As a result TNA's booking has always focused around the creation and the dominance of a heel stable. The match is good but I do not think that it should become an annual fixture. I would also like to see this match take place once without a stable participating. I feel that old feuds could end and new feuds could begin if there isn't a stable in the match.

The EC match on the other hand is not really shackled by any sort of pre condition. You may be a main eventer, you may not be one, you may directly be in a feud, you may not be, it does not really matter. You could still be a part of the EC match and end up making a name for yourself.

Leathal Lockdown deffinately has more of a Wargames feel to it than the EC does. EC is more of a top contender match that might have a fued involved in it, where as LL is a match that is used to be an ending, or peak to a fued between groups of people or stables.

With the EC there is no interaction between the wrestlers until their chambers opens, with the LL the wrestlers start out on the outside of the cage like Wargames and there is a chance for interaction between the groups of wrestlers, so that can always add to the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back