Best PPV Of The Year

What Is The Best PPV Of The Year For 2012?

• Extreme Rules

• Wrestlemania

• Money in the Bank

• Slammiversary

• Lockdown

• Destination X

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well keep in mind that I'm generally not wild about the WrestleMania brand all together. The reality is that most years, they fill time the extra time with celebrities and other fluff that I couldn't care less about. It's not as though the WWE doesn't have the talent to put on a great four-hour wrestling event. It's that it's not their priority. And as such, I end up not liking that I'm asked to pay extra for a four-hour event riddled with horse shit. There're good matches at Mania most years. But there's also more stuff I dislike at Mania than there tends to be on other PPVs.

Also, while the stadiums are visually-pleasing settings, the acoustics of large, sometimes open-air venues don't do the roar of the crowd justice. And that reflects poorly on the action in a genre where audience-response is of paramount importance.

Others may love Mania. But it's really not my thing. And to see people fall for the hype every year and think they'll be getting something they won't is infuriating.

Fair point. I know the first hour of mania was pretty bad. The Brodus thing was stupid but it was just filler before the main event. The concerts weren't really necessary but I thought it gave the show a more important feel. Normally it's not my cup a tea and I can see why people hate them. It's not like Extreme Rules was stellar from top to bottom either. I felt both shows had three great matches and I personally give the edge to mania.

Also mania is probably running away with this because it's probable that more people saw it. Not really fair but reality.

Extreme Rules had at least as much good stuff as WrestleMania, but did it with less pointless pageantry and time-wasting bullshit - as is the case most years.

Extreme Rules had at least as much good stuff as WrestleMania, but did it with less pointless pageantry and time-wasting bullshit - as is the case most years.

I watched Mania with Sam and spent an hour laughing in his face about DBD so yeah Mania wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back