Best PPV Of The Year

What Is The Best PPV Of The Year For 2012?

• Extreme Rules

• Wrestlemania

• Money in the Bank

• Slammiversary

• Lockdown

• Destination X

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wrestlemania only takes it based on its name. If that card was Over the Limit...nothing doing.

Vote Extreme Rules. Cena/Lesnar >>>>>> Cena/Rock

Most somehow see the match quality as better all around for Extreme Rules, I didn't both undercards were average and three major MOTY candidates made up for the rest of both shows. Which in my opinion the epicness and larger than life atmosphere of WrestleMania 28 puts it above Extreme Rules in my opinion. Also I am of a very magniscopic minority who preferred Mania's Punk/Jericho bout rather than the Extreme Rules street fight. Rock/Cena was also a great way to cap off the show, if Lesnar won it might have been a contest. My vote goes to Mania 28

I'm going with Wrestlemania based on personal preference even though Extreme Rules was a damn close #2.

Was a fan of Slammiversary, and am wondering why Bound For Glory wasn't on the poll. I have yet to watch Extreme Rules. I am going to download it tonight and watch it. Then I will see if it is either Slammiversary or this Extrem Rules PPV.

Extreme Rules was my favorite out of all of them. Punk vs Jericho and Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus, two championship matches, were very very good. Cena vs Brock was great even though I didn't enjoy the ending. Plus, "Adrenaline" was an awesome theme song. Shinedown Rules!!

I do not agree with WrestleMania winning this poll. I guess it makes sense; Mania was a solid show with a "once in a lifetime" main event. But it did not have three Match of the Year candidates.

Sheamus/Bryan? Better at Extreme Rules.

Punk/Jericho? Better at Extreme Rules.

Rock/Cena? I'll say it...not as good as Brock/Cena.

So you could totally vote for WrestleMania if you want. You'd be wrong, but that's not my problem.

So you could totally vote for WrestleMania if you want. You'd be wrong, but that's not my problem.

Wrestlemania did draw more buys than Extreme Rules; in fact it is the most bought PPV in WWE history. By Slyfox logic it should win.

Wrestlemania did draw more buys than Extreme Rules; in fact it is the most bought PPV in WWE history. By Slyfox logic it should win.

That's nice. Transformers 2 and Twilight brought in a shit load of money. They still suck. Your next argument?

That's nice. Transformers 2 and Twilight brought in a shit load of money. They still suck. Your next argument?

Not if they brought in a shit load of money they didn't. Fans won't pay to see something that doesn't appeal to them - tis the reason I never saw Avatar. I guess Mania appealed to more fans than Extreme Rules. Hence the reason why it should win.

This is the same argument that can be used as to why Cena main events PPV's this summer while Punk didn't. Everybody who was on the Mania card drew more.

Not if they brought in a shit load of money they didn't. Fans won't pay to see something that doesn't appeal to them - tis the reason I never saw Avatar. I guess Mania appealed to more fans than Extreme Rules. Hence the reason why it should win.

Quantity of viewers has never, and will never equal the same thing as quality of product. WrestleMania is a huge, worldwide spectacle covered by mainstream media and promoted 24/7 for about three months of WWE programming. It has its own WWE-sponsored website. It is a household name. Of course WrestleMania is going to draw more than Extreme Rules.

But that argument is ridiculous. If I used that sort of logic, I wouldn't even watch the pay-per-view. I would just look up the buyrate and write my review based on that. Oh, it got 1,000,000 buys? GREAT! GIVE IT A PERFECT SCORE! Are you honestly telling me that because something drew more of an interest BEFORE IT HAPPENED, it's ultimate a better event?

Extreme RUles was a better show. It had better matches, and was altogether more entertaining. And you're telling me that because it didn't get as many PPV buys as WrestleMania, we should just write it off. What your doing is taking the whole job of the critical media, and making it absolutely useless. Why review anything? Let's just say whatever draws more interest from popular culture is clearly the pinnacle of quality. Justin Bieber is obviously a better artist than Eric Clapton. Twilight is obviously a better movie than Tree of Life. Or Back to the FUture, for the ridiculous people that threw the movie tournament.

The first hour of Wrestlemania was horrendous. I mean, just God awful. Sure, the main three matches delivered, but the rest of the card was simply shit. And while I prefer Punk and Jericho's match at 'Mania over their match at Extreme Rules, the pacing and match placement of Extreme Rules made it a more enjoyable show overall. Not to mention the fact that Cena vs. Lesnar blew both Rock/Cena and HHH/Undertaker out of the water and that Bryan vs. Sheamus was incredible and to date Sheamus' best match ever. Moreover, the crowd for Extreme Rules was white hot all throughout. Can't say the same for Wrestlemania.

My vote goes to Extreme Rules.

Well of course it's going to; Wrestlemania was going to get more buys off of the Wrestlemania name. By this logic, I logic I admittedly agree with to some extent, we might as well close this poll every year, and just award Wrestlemania the prize every year.

How the FUCK is extreme rules not taking this???? THREE moty canidates!!

It was a glorious night in every way imaginable.

Seriously, THREE moty candidates in one night... how often does that happen? WWE just brought their A-game to that PPV, and it's likely one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Well of course it's going to; Wrestlemania was going to get more buys off of the Wrestlemania name. By this logic, I logic I admittedly agree with to some extent, we might as well close this poll every year, and just award Wrestlemania the prize every year.

That's what we say about Hogan in the WZ tourney ever year. I guess Wrestlemania can't climb a ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back