• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Heel Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Cena

He may not be a heel but the fans sure as hell hate him.. and with good reason, such a hateable gimmick, such hateable "skills" in the ring..

I think that more people hate Cena than anybody else in WWE today.

how about..Bob Backland?...The Crazy Bob Backland...He was pretty well hated.

I've searched this entire forum and did not find this thread so im sorry if I missed it.

I would like to know who you think is the best heel past present or future.

Past: Ric Flair Definatley he was the man he could make a crowd hate him in an instant. There will Never E..E..E..Ever be another one like Flair.

Present. Triple H is another one. He can say something and the crowd will turn on him like a lightbulb turning off he is that damn good. I think when he returns he should return as a Heel.

Future: This one is Easy. The man's name Is Edge. No one right now can evoke a crowd reaction like Edge. I love how the fans were cheering his ass off when he won the world title on Smackdown and then BAM just like that lays out taker and the fans are on his ass like stink on a dog.

Those are my opinions. How Bout' yours???

I agree with you on this because triple H can really get the crowd to hate him. For the future i think Mr.Kennedy who can evoke a crowd in my opinion he has the mic skills of triple H i see a future Triple H in him and his moves are very good something different everytime unlike john cena

Bret Hart in the USA vs Canada attitude era for best heel, hands down. I ate that up and to this day I still don't like Hart, and the only reason is because of that as silly as it is. Hating him was so burned into my brain.

Quite possibly Steve Corino, if you could get a dedicated Smark crowd to boo you then you are definately one of the best Heels. He probably doesn't get the same level of heat now because of it being his last year Wrestling. But he made ECW fans hate him in the legit sense not the X-pac sense.

Id also have to say The Rowdy one as a member of the great Heels club, he got stabbed in the ring because of how much he made people hate him. But Im going to bring up one of the names that I don't think people have brought up yet. Killer Kowalski, he was one of the Heels that Bruno Sammartino was going up against, doesn't that tell you something he was hated from what I can gather.

Straight up I enjoyed Shawn Michaels early DX heel stage, I loved to hate Jericho and Kurt Angle was probably the most enjoyable heel of recent time

Piper was BRILLIANT, and Hollywood Hogan durin the nWo was awsum, altho that got old ... MY fav heel was The Rock. Altho not a great heel in terms of hating him, I just enjoyed his smart ass attitude so much

As for pure hatred, Jeff Jarrett durin his "hit everyone with a guitar" WCW stage. I just wanted him OUT of headlining matches, so frustrating!!!

And Vince Russo, who doesnt wish he'd just take a huge jump? Argh! I dont mean that, I just wish he wouldnt book anymore

Somebody who SHOULD have been a great heel but wasn't in the business long enough was Ludvig Borge. I know, here comes IrishCanadian again spewing his diatribe on why anti-American foreigners make the best heel, but think about it. This guy was huge, almost an olympic deadlifter, and was mean. He was strong with the mic, and instantly aligned himself with my top heel of all time, Yokozuna. He destroyed Marty Jannetty, beat Tatanka (for the 1st time I think) and helped Yoko put Hacksaw Jim Duggan out.

I will also throw Vader in there. This huge monster, managed by a diabolical Harley Race, decimating the likes of Ron Simmons, Sting, and Cactus Jack in every imaginable cruel way.

If you want to talk about guys that were so hated that they nearly caused riots in arena's on most night, these are the guys you think of:

1.) Ric Flair
2.) "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
3.) "Classy" Freddie Blassie
4.) Vince McMahon Jr.
5.) The Iron Sheik
6.) Triple H
7.) "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan
8.) Andy Kaufman
9.) Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
10.) Terry Funk

Wow now these are the good questions.

Top Heel of All Time
In no order.
1. The Original Shiek - made weapons cool!
2. Hollywood Hogan - Man that turn at Bash at the Beach. That was pretty cool. One of the things that got me back into wrestling.
3. The Rock- A personal favorite of mine is the Nation of Domination Days. Smart ass Rock was the best. When he locked DX in the dressing room and cornered Chyna in the ring and was going to kiss her and then told her to go to hell. Classic
4. Ric Flair - Simply the best.
5. The Undertaker - Back in the day quite possibly the best heel in WWE. Just awesome.
6. The Four Horsemen - The True earliest Horsemen, Flair, Arn, Ole, Tully. Those guys were brutal. When they attacked Sting by waiting behind the stage curtain after he beat Flair, and brutalized him and "destroying" his knee. That had me hooked. ( I think Ole was in that one, it might have been Lex though)
More recently and others who rank in the list.
I like HHH, Edge, Kane (with mask), HBK, Sgt. Slaughter (when he turned on the USA), always love Randy Savage. The Model Rick Martel was humorous and Jake the Snake Roberts. Rick Rude was good as well. Ah the memories this envokes.

During 2004 I really really Hated triple H. He was a great heel. Also when he was in evolution! That was tight. He did some really good heel moments. I liked it when they did the Shawn Michaels feud. When he got his head threw the car.

Flair. He was a jerk. He showboated. And just when he was going to get beat by someone..His Horseman would arrive and save the title...You hated him but deep down you loved him...

Hands down best heel ever in the business was The Franchise. Shane Douglas absolutely owned the crowd every night he performed. He could create heat at any given time- not cheap heat like most heels get now, but real genuine heat. He incited riots, got into fist fights with fans and said the most obscene things.

Triple H...enough said...you actually like the guy because u hate him so much u cant wait to see what he does next. However i think he is a HELL of alot better when he is not in a stable. I think he should be a heel and be free standing on it..no evloution...dx...anything....cuz hes only a heel then cuz he cheats to win...let him be a heel on his own like austin did...but remember after your 1st BIG heel run...u can never be truly hated again...you will always be cheered. Case in point...the rock...after his huge face turn they tried the HOLLYWOOD gimmick..yea he was booed but people also wehn crazy and cheered....point 2...Stone Cold Steve Austin...after his "REBEL I DONT CARE I HATE EVERYONE" heel gimmick...it was HUGE...prob one of the most loved in the business...but then when he sided with mcmahon no matter what he did people booed and cheered...Triple H....after his 1st BIG run as a heel with the McMahon's he became a face after his big return (1st time) and then a heel...and even with evolution there were a lot of boos and yea cheers...and ric flair...no matter how much people hate him...the WOOOOOO will always catch on therefore never lettin him be a true heel again. Shawn Michales...after the Sweet Chin Music on the late Benoit to set up a triple threat at wrestlemania...even with benoit at the top of his game...people still cheered for HBK..and HHH...The list can keep going...so after your 1st heel run...you can neve rbe a true heel again...but as one of th ebest HHH and Edge

My vote goes to the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. The ultimate man you love to hate. Great gimmick and played it so well. So yeah, simply put DiBiase IMO is the best heel of all time.

My vote goes to Justin Credible. I was going to say Shane Douglas because his work is just priceless, but that one's been taken. I think that if ECW stayed in the mainstream for a lot longer, Justin Credible could have become a household heel name. His constant sneer, the words that came out of his mouth....

When ECW came to my hometown and Justin Credible and Rhino destroyed RVD and Tajiri in the main event, I thought I wanted to jump over the guardrail. He just oozed hatred. And I'm pretty sure a lot of us loved to hate him...

Past: I most def agree with it being Ric Flair. I mean he did every heel move or comment in the book.

Present: Probably Triple H except he is turning more face now.

Future: I gotta go with it being Randy Orton. With the way his storylines are going he is going to be the biggest heel to ever hit the WWE.

Triple H is a great heel. It's actually annoying that he a face right now. I hate the guy either way. He should be heel so I have good reason to hate him...
Jericho was also an awesome heel. I like Jericho if he's heel or face, but his attitude makes for an entertaining heel.

I usually like the bad guys. I will always hate HHH. Big-nosed sob.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. This man was so good at getting heat, he often took it away from the guys he managed. Remeber when him and The Islander stole Matilda!

As for wrestlers, my top 5 are definetely "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, Randy Savage (initial IC run), Ric Flair and Tully Blanchard.

I think selecting the greatest heel of all time is too broad of a question, wiht too many great choices. You would have to consider actual wrestlers, managers, tag teams, and even celebrities. Yet, I digress. So I would break it down as such:

Wrestlers: Flair, HHH, Perfect, Angle, Jericho, Piper, Franchise, Slaughter

Managers: Heenan hands down

Tag Teams: Dudleys, Edge and Christian

Factions/Stables: IV Horsemen..Evolutoin never did anyhthing horsemen didnt already do...honestly Right to Censor should be mentioned for the fact that everyone truelly hated them wiht such passion

Celebrities: Andy Kaufman..the only celebrity who could evoke such honest heel heat without being a wrestler..geniuse

There was no better heel than Tully Blanchard. From his running out of the ring to get away from his foe to his bragadocious conceit to his swaggering strut. He played a heel to the hilt. Alot of the newer wrestling fans may not know him but watch some old tapes of Tully Blanchard vs Manum T.A in the first "I Quit Match" or against Dusty Rhodes in the first "First Blood" matches. These matches are often imitated by the WWE now but the old Original NWA (Georgia Championship Wrestling then World Championship Wrestling) originated them.
Low points of his career was when he was stuck in a tag team with Arn Anderson. They were a great team and had great matches but Blanchard was a far better singles wreslter.
A wrestler I see right now that closely resembles Tully Blanchard is Ken Kennedy.

I say Edge is the greatest heel of all time. He is a heel inside and outside the ring. He does whatever it takes to win. Many marks genuinely hate him and Edge relishes that. He has found his niche.

I know many people believe that Flair was the greatest heel of all time. But I agree with Eric Bishoff's assessment of what makes a real heel. It has to be somebody that fans despise. It has to be somebody that has no redeeming qualities. It has to be somebody that always cheats to win and brags that he's the greatest in the world. A heel can't be somebody that fans want to emulate. Everybody wants to be Ric Flair. Nobody wants to be Edge. That's what makes Edge the ultimate heel.

Just look at how Edge won two of his world titles. He waited until his oppenents finished grueling matches and cashed in on his Money in the Bank title shots. He is the ultimate wrestling coward, and nobody does it better.

Some might say DiBiase and Piper were the greatest heels. They were incredible, but they could never "heel" there ways to a world title. Edge has, and Edge will again.

I have read through here and not many people have noted Undertaker as a great heel as 'Big Evil' .. His mannerisms, vocal ability and enthusiasm for destruction (Maven@Royal Rumble, Flair@WM) all made for a very entertaining heel and one i would love to see again!

Haha, so many awesome heels in the last 10 years. But, if I had to put my finger on a top 5, it's not that much of a contest.

Triple H: I loved to hate him, whether it was when he was against The Rock at various times, or in Evolution, he was an awesome heel that just had you hating him, and he was good at it.

Chris Jericho: One of those few guys that go good as a heel or a face, and does an amazing job on whatever side he is on. I loved him during the Invasion storyline with The Rock, oozing of charisma, both of em, so it was an amazing rivalry.

Undertaker: During his badass stage, he was quite a good heel, and I did hate him, even though I respect him at the same time.

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Just one of those older classic heels that you loved to hate, he really, honestly defined what a heel truly is, and was the first ever heel, who I loved to hate.

As another fairly modern heel, has to go to JBL when he was in his prime, you just hated the guy and all the ways that he would cheat to win.

Noteables; Flair, Angle, Edge, The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back