• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Artist Ever

PsychoBlack

Damn it feels good to be a Taylor!!
As a lot of you know vh1 recently did a list of the 100 greatest artists of all time. Now i would like to see what you guys on Wrestlezone think. Of course i dont want everyone to list there top 100 but a top five would be nice. I would appreciate if there were not any "OMG they suck why are they on your list" because its there list and what they think should be respected. I am going to start with my list.

5. Ozzy Osbourne
This man's career has spanned over 40 years. He started out as a member of Black Sabbath which is nothing to sneeze about in its own right, but once he was fired from Sabbath he blew up even bigger. He has had hit after hit after hit. He also has OZZFEST which showcases the up and coming metal bands. Ozzy has done so much for Rock and Roll its a shame.

4.Nirvana
These guys had such an incredible sound that can never ever be replicated. Kurt Cobain's lyrics touched so many people and when you have the ability to do that and still reach mainstream success it is truly something special.

3. Otis Redding
This man is the king of soul idc what anyone has to say its not Al Green its not Marvin Gaye it is Otis Redding. Otis wrote his own songs which at the time was almost unheard of and many of these songs were remade later by other artists. Now this dude did not only revolutionize Soul but Rock and Roll as well. His voice or style can never again be replicated.

2. Bob Marley
There is so much to say about Bob. He bought Reggae Gospel and Rock and Roll all together into one. He could be political he could have fun or he could be romantic what ever mood your in there is a Bob Marley song for it.

1. Wu-Tang Clan
These 9 rappers had something special because there's no weak link. No Hip Hop group had ever been so large before, but these guys made it work. The way they made there music so special was because it was all homegrown, either a member of the Wu produced it and they all wrote their own verses. They also might have the best live performance that i have ever seen because there is no band, orchestra, dancers, or girls on the stage its just these guys swagging it out. A lot of things in this group started to change after ODB died but when he was here with the group it was so perfect. Now let me list the classic Wu albums: Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Wu-tang forever, Tical, Return to the 36 chambers: the dirty version, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Ironman, Liquid Swords, ***** Please, Bobby Digital in stereo, Uncontrolled Substance, Supreme Clientele, The W, Bulletproof Wallets, Iron Flag, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx PT II, Wu-Massacre.

Now i want to here from you guys. Who are your top 5 artists of all time?

I only have 4

#4. Eminem
the only rapper that raps about life instead of cars,money and bitches and ho's

#3. Bob Marley
basically what you said

#2. Queen
so many good songs like we will rock you,dont stop me now,and we are the champions , good contrapution to music

#1 Michael Jackson
Apart from all the court cases all the things in media nobody can say michael jackson is a shit artist i mean so many number #1's by himself and of course with the jackson 5, the man had a 45 year career or something like that one of the best things in music

R.I.P michael,freddie and bob :worship:

My definition of an artist is someone who creates something beautiful. My definition of a great artist is slightly different. In order to be a *great* artist, one has to innovate and step into territories that had not only been untrodden but also unthought of. One has to go beyond what is conventional and use their findings to supplement their music. The innovation doesn't make the music of a *great* artist, but it adds to it a dimension that hadn't existed before. The music has to stand alone as something extraordinary and and the invention and discovery can only serve to improve upon what is already something brilliant. I believe that few truly *great* artists have ever walked the earth, but I will attempt to list five who have.

5. Pixies
There will be disagreements here. Many people don't believe that Pixies belong in the top 5, but I do. And here's why: Pixies introduced a gritty, harsh style of music that later became known as grunge. They were pioneers in alternative rock and they deserve accolades and a great deal of respect and recognition for this. Consider this; Without Pixies, there would be no Nirvana nor would there be much of today's hard rock. Pixies created a genre. If I were to continue into my top 10, only Pixies, the Smiths and few others would have this distinction.

4. Queen
Queen had some of the greatest musical minds since the baroque period. They were less songwriters as they were composers. They produced everything from hard rock masterpieces to opera-soaked extended forms that would make Wagner jealous and while doing so, they extended the use of the studio to a level that allowed them to produce what they did while limited to four musicians in most cases. And, as any music fan knows, they had the greatest frontman of all time: the legendary Freddie Mercury.

3. Michael Jackson
Michael's influence on music is considerable. He produced many hits and created the sort of pop music and production heard in much of todays popular music.

2. Elvis Presley
Elvis did something so important to music that it changed the landscape: He took this new thing called "rock 'n' roll" and popularized it to a point where it became one of the most performed and listened-to styles of music. Elvis also pushed the envelope when it came to the performance of his music. His hip-swivels were seen as evil and immoral at the time, but today's music is drenched in dirt and promiscuity.

1. The Beatles
Say what you will about the Beatles. The one undeniable fact is that music as it is today wouldn't exist if it weren't for those four lads from England. They created something magical. They were one of the first groups to use the studio as an instrument. They didn't use it solely for recording their performance, they used it to add a new depth to their music that was never produced before that. The Abbey Road "medley" is one of the greatest pieces of modern popular music in existence. Their extravagantly technical and often bombastic creations toward the end of their career are made more impressive when considering their humble beginnings as skiffle rockers who just played their music and called it a day. Their first album was made in four days in 1963. Their last (recorded, not released) album took around seven months. And the differences in maturity and fastidious precision can be heard in the two albums. In that seven year period from 1963 to 1970, they contributed more to music than any other artist can claim to have contributed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back