• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Band

Iggy Pop. Anything he does is golden! The Grandfather of Punk rock, and he's still kickin ass.

I also really like Brand New, their evolution over the years into what they are now is simply amazing.

Bayside is a close second too. But definately those 3.

This is tough for me. I have several albums and enjoy music. I listen to everything. Right now there are at least 4 mabye 5 groups that pop into mind.

First my absolute favorite is Bon Jovi. Their songs are catchy and enjoyable to listen to. I always liked how during concerts you always hear the audience singing along with the band or even when the band quits singing the audience continues. The fans are always participating in there songs. There songs are definately fun to sing the lyrics to.

My second choice would be Coldplay. I like how unique there music and how beautiful their music is.

Aerosmith, and Red Hot Chili Peppers, are on the list too. Bon Jovi is the definate top right now but Coldplay, Aerosmith, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers are close.

My all time top 5:

Foo Fighters: The first time I heard Foo was with "Big Me" and I didn't even care. However then it came "Breakout" and "Learn to Fly". LMAO! Fuck! it was so damn funny and at the same time it was such good songs. But then it hit me..."BEST OF YOU". I was completely blown away by the song! How this song could be so good! Since then I have all the Foo albums, and Dave Grohl is my fucking idol!

Iron Maiden: My very first heavy metal band. Listening "Wrathchild" from Rock in Rio was more than enough for me to fall in love with Maiden and with Metal.

Motörhead: Rock and roll as heavy it can be. Many says that is a metal band, speed metal to be specific, Lemmy says thet they are a rock and roll band. I agree with him. Motörhead took the best of rock (and roll also) and put it in another level, a heavier one.

Megadeth: As I said in the past, IMO they are better than Metallica. I feel more attracted to a band politically active/involve. I always loved how through music Mustaine has said that metal can have an objective, something not as dumb as talking about satan and bs like that, but about real problems and how metalheads have brain!

Opeth: IMO the evil one, the progressive one. I don't remeber my first Opeth song but I know that I was so amazed by the fact that this band could balanced acoustic with heavy. In a way so perfect! I lobe Opeth, I love progressive and I love alternative!

My favorite band would have to be Megadeth. Theres no other band that I really care for or like as much as Megadeth. I may have heard them hear and there but I didnt start really getting into them until a dew years ago when they had a special of their best songs on TV. Ever since then Ive been hooked. Ive listened to their CDs more times than I can remember.

I finally got to see them in concert last month, it was in epic experience and they are better than I could have even imagined.

My others tend to change but the band behind them right now seems to be Disturbed. I love their instrumentals and Drainman is an excellent singer. On top of that I have enjoyed all of their albums and find I can listen to them at any time no matter what mood I am in. I havent yet had the opportunity to see them in concert, but definitiley will at some point in the future.

Alter Bridge: Tied with GNR For favorite band of all time.
Guns n roses: Is at a tie with my favourite band of all time. It's tied with Alter Bridge.
Alice in Chains: Nirvana was decent but to me Alice In Chains did a lot for grunge.
Avenged Sevenfold: Love the lyrics from these guys let alone the music is wonderful.
The Beatles: It's the beatles man, they are awesome.

I have two with the same Singer and since one has already been mentioned (Slipknot) I'll go with the other, Stone Sour, Corey Taylor continues to amaze me and the latest album is no exception, "Miracles don't happen here" I beg to differ Corey, songs like Bother, Get Inside, Idle Hands, 30-30-150, Come Whate(ever) May, Socio, Nylon 66, Miracles, Threadbare just to name a few, If/When Slipknot does end, thank god for Stone Sour

Well, I'm a HUGE classic rock mark and always will be the great Black Sabbath. It takes a lot of skill to be able to bounce back after your singer leaves.(Especially someone like Ozzy) but they did. To be honest these guys were the pioneers of metal, and to stay as popular as they have over the years shows amazing quality. I prefered the Ozzy years, but Dio was amazing with them also. I'm given so much crap for liking "old" music like these guys, over "music" like justin bieber (Groan) miley cyrus (Double Groan) and the jonas brothers (Shoots self in face) its sad it really is

I've got quite a different music taste to everyone in this thread it seems...It's all either quite commercial stuff like Nickleback or Coldplay or Metal. Props to the guy who said Iggy Pop though, the Stooges are amazing, I saw them a few years back.

Anyway I have quite an arty/experimental taste in music. I like things to be loud and/or weird essentially, but I like more chilled out stuff too. I enjoy all forms of music from Classical to hip hop and electronic music. It's things that sound typical or contrived that I don't like.
My top 5 bands currently;

HEALTH
Liars
Public Image Ltd
Why?
Aphex Twin

This used to be so easy for me. I'd answer Slipknot, and not think twice about it. Corey Taylor was my favorite vocalist, Joey was my favorite drummer, and Sid was my favorite DJ. I'm even still tempted to answer them now, but I just can't. I started listening to Avenged Sevenfold. I used to like them, but when Nightmare came out I just was drawn to the band. I listen to them everyday, and have every song they've made on my ipod. It's a band I can listen to everyday, and I can listen to every one of their songs, and say I like them all. I love every member of the band, have researched each of them, and read up on them all. The Rev really caught me. I won't go into detail, but it was him that really made me say I love this band. As much as I want to say Slipknot I can't. Gotta go with Avenged Sevenfold.

Bullet for my Valentine
there's just something about them that i find so freakin addictive and i love all of their songs equally (although i have to say Your Betrayal and Hit the Floor are the ones i listen to the most) I like uniqueness, i guess, and how hard hitting they are. plus i've got a small crush on the lead singer lol
im a big metal fan, although i don't know very many bands as of yet.
My second favorite band is a tie between Linkin Park, Paramore, Hollywood Undead, and Finger Eleven

Back in the day, it HAD to be Live for me. Throwing Copper was a masterpiece to me in every way. not only were the singles great, like Lightning Crashes and AlL Over You, but the entire CD has some of the most deep, insightful shit ive ever heard, such as Pillar of Davidson, and The Dam At Otter Creek. I also loved that they could poke fun at their home town in Shittown, to the point that they were banned from ever playing there again. (York, PA)

The follow up Album, The Distance to Here , was almost as good. What I loved about both CD's is that none of it was filler: I could listen to both CD's without skipping a song.

What puts them over the top for me is their "live"(no pun intended) experience. Ive seen them live twice, and theyre easily the best band Ive experienced in person, with the possible exception of Green Day. They really bust their asses to get the crowd into them, which is something I can appreciate.

I Really Like Saliva and Breaking benjamin I Can listen 24/7 to Them i Never get Sick of it Breaking benjamin's Songs are catchly and Greatly Underrated in Main Stream Music i only know 5 Songs from them one appearntly Is the theme song of Halo as for Saliva I like alll Almost all of there Songs they aren't that "Hardcore" but they make Good Hardrock Sobgs that i like to Chill out to
And Salva Made in my Opinion A great Song Named Always one of 3 songs i know the Lyrics to The other two Being kickapoo And Must of done something Right

Megadeth: As I said in the past, IMO they are better than Metallica.

Isn't it funny how Megadeath fans always have to add the "BTW, we're better than Metallica" comment to everything they say about their band? It's the biggest case of a Napoleon complex in music industry.

Now, the answer the OP... The Smashing Pumpkins.

They're one of the great "for any mood you're in" bands. "Today" is one of the all-time great grunge/alternative songs. I can crank "Zero" or "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" when I want to get really hyped. Songs like "Thirty-Three" and "Tonight, Tonight" touch the softer side and leave you uplifted. Then you have tracks like "Crestfallen" or "In the Arms of Sleep" for those low points in life. Finally, there's just those occasionally creepy, off-the-wall songs like "Eye" and "Blank Page" which made them relatively unique.

Birds of Tokyo,they're an Australian rock band and they're actually quite good, their CD "Universes" had me interested in them and their most recent CD self titled Birds of Tokyo was one of the best I've ever heard, the songs just made me say "Best Band Ever" (for me anyways). "Saddest thing I know" would have to be the best song on the CD. I saw them live about 2 weeks ago, Amazing. They're doing Big Day Out 2011 (Australian/New Zealand music festival) and I've already got tickets, should be good.

My utmost favorite band would have to be disturbed. I like about 90% of their songs. A stat no other band or musician had achieved with me. The first time I heard down with the sickness I knew this band was awesome. Some of my favorite songs by them would be The night,pain redefined, I'm alive and believe.

Other bands I'm a fan of would be breaking benjamin,alter bridge and linkin park.

I'm going to take a little different direction with this and go with 90's Alternative Metal band Freak of Nature.

See, White Lionwas really the first band that I became a truly devoted fan to. I actually remember going into an FYE one day and picking up a copy of White Lion's Ultimate Hits. Vito's 'Eddie Van-Halenesque' guitar playing, Mike's vocals and the bass and drums of James and Greg really hit me.

I decided to explore their releases a bit more and ended up loving practically everything that they've done (Fight to Survivebeing, possibly, my favorite album of all time).

Thus, I was lead to Mike Tramp's Freak of Nature band, as well as his solo recordings. I actually ended up getting two tattoos in honor of Mike Tramp and Freak of Nature (the latter being the Outcasts album cover tattooed on my back).

Anyhow, that's my two cents worth.

I have gone through several "favorite bands" but at this point it is probably Linkin Park. They have always been at the top of my list ever since hearing about Hybrid Theory 10 years ago. I'd say they are my favorite because I own every single cd they have ever released and like every song of theirs. There's really no other band that I can say that about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back